Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

let me see....hmmm.....first it was karate @ YMCA manila.......then arnis under Master Ernie Presas @ PE in high school......then during summer after graduating from high school i took up judo @Kishi/Knights Judo Club at Herald Building in Intramuros......then at same club i took up Aikido under Sensei John Havan among my classmates that i can remember....Cris Buenaseda, Lourdes Macapawa,......we were called the magnificent seven by sensei ....hehehe...kasi pito kami na loyal practitioners i reached the rank of nidan....but then our sensei went back to France. the club at herald closed to give way to a body building gym......we moved to Makati YMCA....after a few months nag lay low na ako until now.....I miss wearing my gi and hakama.......hay!!!!

gumastikas,

are you still active in the YMCA?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fhoryou

sino ba in Kali dito.

you guys know the history of this marital arts, Filipino Martial arts.

this is the martial arts that Bruce Lee idolize, because its simple and effective at all times.

tjakalele = Kali

dapat may sparing EB tayo dito

Guest fhoryou
possible bang ma-master ang isang martial arts

without goin to dojos?

pede bang self-study?

of course possible that is the ancient way of learning.

kaya nga na develop ang martial arts because everything is self study, in the beginning.

Besides the best place to learn is not at the dojo but in the environment.

Different environment.

You will only become a master of it if you use it.

"No matter how many men you conquer if you don't conquer your fears your skills are worthless."

without goin to dojos?

pede bang self-study?

hmm...possible. but it would be a lot better and faster if you have someone guiding you as you progress, kasi there are details that your teacher can show/teach you that aren't in the media (books, tapes, etc.)

sino ba in Kali dito.

this is the martial arts that Bruce Lee idolize, because its simple and effective at all times.

tjakalele = Kali

where do you practice kali? diba may iba't ibang styles yan? :unsure:

sparring eb? ok yan. :D pero parang mas maganda kung may sharing muna tayo ng knowledge sa iba't ibang arts natin bago tayo mag spar diba?

without goin to dojos?

pede bang self-study?

hmm...possible. but it would be a lot better and faster if you have someone guiding you as you progress, kasi there are details that your teacher can show/teach you that aren't in the media (books, tapes, etc.)

do you know where can i get media (books, tapes, etc.)

that i could use?

that i could use?

When I was still in school there was a shop in Virra Mall that specialized in MA products. I forgot the name and I don't know if it's still there, but you might want to try it.

It's located on the 2nd floor, National Bookstore side.

Maybe somebody else here knows more about this shop?

that i could use?

When I was still in school there was a shop in Virra Mall that specialized in MA products. I forgot the name and I don't know if it's still there, but you might want to try it.

It's located on the 2nd floor, National Bookstore side.

Maybe somebody else here knows more about this shop?

its called the "squadron shoppe" and yes its still there.

this is a good place to search for your MA needs, just be mindful of the quality of the tapes kasi yung iba nilang tapes malabo na ata (according to my friend).

Edited by aidz
Guest fhoryou
sino ba in Kali dito.

tjakalele = Kali

where do you practice kali? diba may iba't ibang styles yan? :unsure:

sparring eb? ok yan. :D pero parang mas maganda kung may sharing muna tayo ng knowledge sa iba't ibang arts natin bago tayo mag spar diba?

when i was in elementary I went to this dojo where I learned Aikijujitsu, karate, t** kwon do and judo. pero hindi ako nagtagal.

later sa kabilang room where mga old people where stick fighting

i got curious i watch grabe galing.

i heard them talk training for them is actual combat.

sabi nila yung styles before depende sa barangay.

example was Lapu Lapu if I remember right his style was Kalmut Kalmut.

Anyway, for them bale wala ang style. Sumisikat lang ang style pag talagang kilala yung tao gumagamit. In the old times lagi may duel.

Ngayon wala na kasi most of these masters migrated to California and some has given up fighting.

They still teach but for defense na lang.

When I was HS I was practicing it in our backyard, that was when we had a garden, one thing I learned was train with the tree.

Sabi training with the tree yung tagalog word for weaving. Yung mga practice form.

If you want to learn more about it. There is this book authored by Dan Inosanto a good friend of Bruce Lee and one of his martial arts coordinator in his movies.

In his books tells stories of masters of Kali and escrima. Also tells the ancient background. It even mention the warrior princess of the Philippines

ano ibig sabihin ng pt917, 9mm taurus, at walther p99?

may recommended ba kayo na books or tapes,

para sa mga starter?

mga baril yun pre :)

hmm...recommended books/tapes? i guess it depends on what art you want to study.

gusto ko sanang matuto ng t** kwon do,

ano ba ang pinaka madaling matutunan na MA?

para sa mga starter?

hmm...recommended books/tapes? i guess it depends on what art you want to study.

lam mo pare pinaka madaling Martial Arts ay sayonatsi.... yun expert ako dun... hindi di mo kailangan maging matapang minsan... kailangan lang ng liksi ng katawan and tibay ng tuhod at paa

peace

para sa mga starter?

lam mo pare pinaka madaling Martial Arts ay sayonatsi.... yun expert ako dun... hindi di mo kailangan maging matapang minsan... kailangan lang ng liksi ng katawan and tibay ng tuhod at paa

peace

nineteen, hahaha, sige turuan mo si pogs109 ng sayonatsi.

pogs109, madaling art? depende yan sa tao eh, my advice is try different arts and stick to the one that you think is "hiyang" sayo.

Edited by aidz