Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Sad news fellow gentlemanyaks, jackson opts to coach in TUF season 10 opposite evans. This means matatagalan pa before magkaron ng dragon-rampage match-up.

My opinion- takot si craig marduk-look-alike kalabanin si machida/ryu. alam niya na mapipikon lang siya hindi nya matamaan si mokong :lol:

I think si spider na lang may chance kay machida, since mahirap siya patumbahin (astig balance niya, and he credits it to his sumo background).

Edited by sg_c_paulo
Guest megalodon
Sad news fellow gentlemanyaks, jackson opts to coach in TUF season 10 opposite evans. This means matatagalan pa before magkaron ng dragon-rampage match-up.

My opinion- takot si craig marduk-look-alike kalabanin si machida/ryu. alam niya na mapipikon lang siya hindi nya matamaan si mokong :lol:

I think si spider na lang may chance kay machida, since mahirap siya patumbahin (astig balance niya, and he credits it to his sumo background).

In the earlier posts, a couple of posters said that there won't be a Spider-Dragon match-up since they're close friends. But if you ask me, I'm betting on Machida by decision. Spider may win a round but Machida will outstrike him in the other 4 rounds. Sana si Emelianenko and Machida. I say Machida in 3 or 4 by knockout.

Edited by megalodon
Guest megalodon
shogun-dragon then. good?

Shogun would be overmatched. He had a hard time against Coleman who is a has-been. Shogun may have been an exciting fighter in Pride but the dragon is just too elusive and would ground Shogun's exciting style.

Shogun would be overmatched. He had a hard time against Coleman who is a has-been. Shogun may have been an exciting fighter in Pride but the dragon is just too elusive and would ground Shogun's exciting style.

thats what people are saying when he fought chuck, he showed good things on that fight though.

will the dragon be elusive and would ground Shogun's exciting style.? probably, but we really dont know unless they fight and since rampage and rashad match is almost set, I think the only man next to rampage to challenge lyoto is shogun.

On the works na! Thou not yet confirmed, Dana & co. are putting the Shogun vs. Machida fight for Sept.! Hope it happens! I was hoping for a Rampage vs. Shogun title eliminator, winner gets a shot at Lyoto! Sayang :thumbsdownsmiley: !

But it looks like UFC wants to see a "black on black crime" Hehe... in a Rampage vs. Evans on Dec. tapos TUF 10 coaches pa sila!

War Shogun! Hope he pulls this one off! Parang nung na-KO nya si Lidell in round 1! Lahat natulala! Wahaha!!!

People are counting Shogun out! Yan ang gusto nyan, underdog sya! Like when he competed in the Pride 2005 MW GP! Nobody thought he'd win! But he did!!!

War Shogun!!! Future UFC LHW Champ!!! :thumbsupsmiley:)

UFC 104: Mauricio Shogun Rua signs to fight Lyoto Machida in October

The 2005 Pride FC Middleweight Grand Prix winner, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua, earlier this week did indeed sign a bout agreement to challenge UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Lyoto Machida, which will more than likely take place at UFC 104 from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif., on Oct. 24.

SuperLutas.com.br was able to confirm the rumored match up with sources close to the Brazilian’s camp.

Rua is coming off a first round technical knockout of former 205-pound champion, Chuck Liddell, at UFC 97: “Redemption” last month. He defeated Mark Coleman via third round technical knockout in a lackluster performance earlier this year at UFC 93: “Franklin vs. Henderson” to earn a crack at the “Iceman.”

It’s perhaps not the match up that most fans expected, especially when UFC President Dana White revealed over the weekend that Quinton “Rampage” Jackson would be the first to challenge Machida for his newly-won world title. But that all went out the window a few days later when Jackson apparently pressed UFC officials to settle a score with Rashad Evans via The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 10 first rather than compete for a world title.

That left Machida — who flatted Evans at UFC 98 to win the belt — all of a sudden without a number one contender … until now.

Keep in mind that White did not announce the bout yesterday during a media conference call because he indicated that not all bout agreements were finalized. That more than likely means Machida — who is currently celebrating his big win on a beach in Belem — may still have to agree to the fight and formalize it with a signature.

Machida will dominate Shogun in this bout, but if they met earlier in their careers then Shogun would have won over the Dragon with his soccer kicks (if they fought in PRIDEFC)

really good break for Shogun, but he just got fed to the Dragon ^_^

Disagree ako sayo dyan Sir RiceBoi! Everybody seems to be riding too high in the Machida bandwagon these days! Rem. Rashad KO Chuck in the latter rounds of the fight where Chuck was winning! Rua dominated Lidell and KO'd him in round 1! Pretty scary if you ask me, the short time since Shogun fought Coleman then Lidell! The Big difference in his performance in his last two fights shows alot about Shogun! Nice matchup ito laban na ito!

Alot of people counting out Shogun and saying he wont return to his oldself, the one who won the Pride MW GP in 2005! I think otherwise...

And in this fight I'm betting my money on Shogun! KO FTW!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by maddromeo

The 2005 Pride FC Middleweight Grand Prix winner, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua, earlier this week did indeed sign a bout agreement to challenge UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Lyoto Machida, which will more than likely take place at UFC 104 from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif., on Oct. 24.

SuperLutas.com.br was able to confirm the rumored match up with sources close to the Brazilian’s camp.

Rua is coming off a first round technical knockout of former 205-pound champion, Chuck Liddell, at UFC 97: “Redemption” last month. He defeated Mark Coleman via third round technical knockout in a lackluster performance earlier this year at UFC 93: “Franklin vs. Henderson” to earn a crack at the “Iceman.”

It’s perhaps not the match up that most fans expected, especially when UFC President Dana White revealed over the weekend that Quinton “Rampage” Jackson would be the first to challenge Machida for his newly-won world title. But that all went out the window a few days later when Jackson apparently pressed UFC officials to settle a score with Rashad Evans via The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 10 first rather than compete for a world title.

That left Machida — who flatted Evans at UFC 98 to win the belt — all of a sudden without a number one contender … until now.

Keep in mind that White did not announce the bout yesterday during a media conference call because he indicated that not all bout agreements were finalized. That more than likely means Machida — who is currently celebrating his big win on a beach in Belem — may still have to agree to the fight and formalize it with a signature.

Man, can't wait to see this one. :thumbsupsmiley: Shogun vs. The Dragon.

it's good to see rua back in action, but not with machida :)

gusto kong manalo si shogun, but with machida mukhang mahihirapan sya.. pwera na lang kung maibabalik nya yung lupit nya sa PRIDE.. I think the dragon will have this one with his "elusiveness"

Disagree ako sayo dyan Sir RiceBoi! Everybody seems to be riding too high in the Machida bandwagon these days! Rem. Rashad KO Chuck in the latter rounds of the fight where Chuck was winning! Rua dominated Lidell and KO'd him in round 1! Pretty scary if you ask me, the short time since Shogun fought Coleman then Lidell! The Big difference in his performance in his last two fights shows alot about Shogun! Nice matchup ito laban na ito!

Alot of people counting out Shogun and saying he wont return to his oldself, the one who won the Pride MW GP in 2005! I think otherwise...

And in this fight I'm betting my money on Shogun! KO FTW!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

i can't say that Chuck was winning that bout in the earlier rounds against Rashad as Rashad wasn't really doing anything but just showboating and eluding Chuck, i really can't say that Rashad was in any danger against Chuck. he just did a Machida impression and when Chuck made a mistake, Rashad capitalized on it. i'm not counting out Shogun as everyone has a chance given something connects and it connects hard, i just don't see Shogun connecting first before the Dragon chief ^_^

... told you so!!! ...

Shogun will be a good match for the Dragon ... but not the Shogun we have been seeing in the UFC, rather the Shogun of Pride!

Sugar would win by KO over Rampage. What does this tell you?...

A. SIlva vs. Machida? If Silva plans to stay for the next 5 yrs., this is possible. But he has repeatedly hinted on retiring soon. And if this happens? With similar styles and speed, size will matter. Also, Silva's specialty is his Muay Thai clinch. I just can't see Lyoto getting into this

AT this point the only fighter left that could have a chance against Machida would be Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.

... told you so!!! ...

Shogun will be a good match for the Dragon ... but not the Shogun we have been seeing in the UFC, rather the Shogun of Pride!

i agree with you sir that Shogun when he was at PRIDE would be a match or even more than a match for Lyoto

but right now i'm really not keen on seeing Shogun beat Lyoto, but i can't count Shogun out... we've seen a lot of things happen inside the ring/octagon, after all it's MMA ^_^

Guest megalodon
i agree with you sir that Shogun when he was at PRIDE would be a match or even more than a match for Lyoto

but right now i'm really not keen on seeing Shogun beat Lyoto, but i can't count Shogun out... we've seen a lot of things happen inside the ring/octagon, after all it's MMA ^_^

I'd bet on the dragon if he fights with shogun. machida is just way too good and unpredictable. of all the fights i've seen him in, the only anxious moment i've seen him in was when ortiz put the triangle choke on him but he still got out of it.

I'd bet on the dragon if he fights with shogun. machida is just way too good and unpredictable. of all the fights i've seen him in, the only anxious moment i've seen him in was when ortiz put the triangle choke on him but he still got out of it.

he got out of the choke & armbar bcoz time run out for ortiz to finished him off!...

still, it would be a good match to watch to see shogun against the dragon.

i can't say that Chuck was winning that bout in the earlier rounds against Rashad as Rashad wasn't really doing anything but just showboating and eluding Chuck, i really can't say that Rashad was in any danger against Chuck. he just did a Machida impression and when Chuck made a mistake, Rashad capitalized on it. i'm not counting out Shogun as everyone has a chance given something connects and it connects hard, i just don't see Shogun connecting first before the Dragon chief ^_^

Ok Sir! Both of us def. have different opinions, antayin nalang natin yung laban ni Shogun vs. Machida if ever it pulls thru! :hypocritesmiley:

By the way Kimbo on TUF 10! Ehto pala yung cnsabi ni Dana White na "something big's gonna happen"! Ayos ito! Good move for the UFC and Kimbo too!

Rampage+Evans+Kimbo= Black on Black Crime! Hehehe... :thumbsupsmiley:

Ok Sir! Both of us def. have different opinions, antayin nalang natin yung laban ni Shogun vs. Machida if ever it pulls thru! :hypocritesmiley:

By the way Kimbo on TUF 10! Ehto pala yung cnsabi ni Dana White na "something big's gonna happen"! Ayos ito! Good move for the UFC and Kimbo too!

Rampage+Evans+Kimbo= Black on Black Crime! Hehehe... :thumbsupsmiley:

I wondeer if kimbo will agree to become under de sya...I wonder how far he can make it...

Yes, I said that Shogun is, at this time, the best possible opponent to give the Dragon a good fight. But to put myself on the spot, Machida will still be the favorite. And to get off-topic a bit: Shogun and Evans can beat Rampage, Shogun will have the very slight edge over Evans due to his BJJ skills. So Shogun-Dragon: go figure ...

The Ortiz last minute submission on Machida, I would consider a fluke because I think Machida got careless and overconfident (not that I'm undermining Tito's skills). Machida never saw it coming. And I don't think Machida will ever make that type of mistake again.

Going back to Machida, I feel that the person that can beat him at this time would be someone identical to the randy couture that beat Ortiz and Liddell.

he got out of the choke & armbar bcoz time run out for ortiz to finished him off!...

still, it would be a good match to watch to see shogun against the dragon.

... told you so!!! ...