Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

i watched UFC replay last nite Home cable channel 17 (studio 23) back to back with affliction channel 14 (c59). sabay eh 11pm. buti na lang may PIP ako.

walang ka wenta wenta UFC compare as affliction... 2 fights sa UFC umangal yun mga na KO hehe.. main bout parang under card lang.

yung affcliction lahat ng fight pang main event. may mga bading nga lang na commentator.. si odlh bading na bading ang porma, leather americana with patented bading smile.

FEDOR wins via 1st rnd KO, ONE punch KO... sayang arlovski was winning the fight. he was caught while giving a flying knee. sana mag GIF.

mukhang asawa ni trump yung prize ni fedor. hehe.

freddie roach sa campo ni fedor?

i dunno about you chief, but i found the UFC95 main event good, over all the event was satisfying i'd say ^_^

a lot of TKOs in this recent UFC ^_^

as for the Fedor VS Arlovski fight, i really didn't see AA winning the fight chief, he was jabbing his way but not really winning it, he actually paid for getting fancy against Fedor as what maddremeo has said a couple of weeks back ^_^

roach is Arlovski's boxing coach

-----------

Maia is amazing

throwing Sonnen to the ground and landing in a triangle, is something you rarely see outside the gym, and Maia pulled it off perfectly (with a little help from Sonnen of course)

I say it's about time for Franklin X Maia

hehehehe yep you rarely see that kind of a takedown even in BJJ tournaments as its really hard to do, in the school that i train BJJ our coach (Ali Sulit) incorporates Judo throws to our BJJ drills so we have to study takedowns like that, but i'd say it's really hard to pull off even in the dojo

Maia's speed and timing with his subs are really something else, imagine that Judo like takedown to a top triangle is amazing, once he got Sonnen in mid-air he already knew where he needs to be and he was able to get leg above Sonnen's shoulder and the other ready for a triangle lock, Sonnen fell to the trap of trying to get up thinking he'd be in a more dominant position than Maia, and then it was over triangle choke locked in, Sonnen had to really tap so he won't nap ^_^

it looked like Sonnen put his arm under Maia's leg looking for a way to get out via the backdoor, and possibly end up in mount, unluckily Maia was already thinking triangle when he pulled off the throw.

rookie grappler mistake... never give out your neck in any given situation...

by any chance do you know if Sonnen does BJJ?

UFC 99: Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva

According to MMAWeekly, former UFC middleweight champion Rich “Ace” Franklin will likely take on Wanderlei Silva at UFC 99 on June 13 from the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany.

According to the report, the two have agreed to fight each other, but it has yet to be made official by the UFC.

Both Fighter are coming off loses - Wanderlei Silva loss to Quinton “Rampage” Jackson at UFC 92 and Rich Franklin loss to Dan Henderson at UFC 93.

UFC 99 will be the Ultimate Fighting Championships first venture to Germany.

Couture confirms possibility of fight vs. Cro Cop at UFC 99

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. In the case of former UFC heavyweight and light heavyweight champion Randy Couture, rumors of a possible showdown with Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic at UFC 99 appear to be valid.

During a recent interview with Arianny Celeste for the video web site RawVegas.tv, Couture confirmed that the rumors are indeed true.

“(It’s a ) possibility,” Couture responded when asked about reports linking him to a bout against the former PRIDE star.

However, the five-time UFC world champion stopped short of saying that the matchup has been finalized.

“I’m working on a movie this spring (in) March, April, and May,” revealed “The Natural,” before adding, “… It depends on when I finish the movie.”

While his movie commitment will take first priority, a fight with Cro Cop is one that is attractive to Couture.

“If I can get a full camp in before the Germany fight (then) I would love to fight Cro Cop. He’s a huge star in the Germany. The question is whether I can get a full camp in.”

While many fans are intrigued by the possibility of a Couture vs. Cro Cop fight, there appears to be a strong possibility that the fight will not happen.

UFC 99 is tentatively schedule to take place at the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany on Saturday, June 13. Assuming Couture finishes his filming commitments by early May, the 46-year old would have just slightly over five weeks to prepare for the event.

If filming were to extend into May, fighting in June would no longer be a viable option for Couture. It also remains to be seen if the UFC would be willing to sign a fight that could not be finalized until just 5-6 weeks in advance of an event, as the bout’s impact on ticket sales would be limited.

As of now, just two bouts have been reported for UFC 99; a 195 pound catchweight bout between former PRIDE middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva and former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin as well as a lightweight contest between Caol Uno and Spencer Fisher.

there are no good HWs in the UFC

Brock is too green

Nog is over the hill

Mir is overrated

Carwin might have a chance, but he's still untested

after that there's nobody else at a level that can compete with Fedor.

Brock is too green-he will remain as such

Nog is over the hill- true, several poor performances but well, lets not count him out yet.. i understand he was fighting mir coming out of an injury..

Mir is overrated- i don't think so.. he is a bad ass jits guy who suddenly learned how to strike

Carwin might have a chance, but he's still untested- amen, very promising indeed

there is also Gonzaga- big size skilled jits, better than average striking.. just needs to develop some heart

and waht about junior? I am just not sure about dos santos... he ended his fights after a few min. or was it seconds? looks like an iron mike tyson for mma. and consider this, he is nog's protege and he trains at black house.. sino ba naman ang nasa black house.. well for starters here is a couple of nobody in mma spider silva and dragon machida posibly ranked 1-2 p4p best.

outside ufc there is barnet and werdum.. werdum has scary bjj.. and is now improving on his striking, arlovski still has a chance. rematch anyone?

* as to pound 4 pound best its hard to tell who among these is no. 1 spider, fedor or gsp.. they are extremely dominant against their opponents.. fedor legitimized his mystic after the timmy ko and arlovski ko.. the no. 4 p4p best in my list is the dragon, this is an easy pick and i will not be surprised if this guy will be challenging the tree previously mentioned for being top p4p fighter after he becomes the ufc lhw champion in a few months time. --- well rounded, technical striking, and suddenly aggressive. Ah i almost forgot, he can't get hit! the fifth guy on my list is baby jay.. despite his ass whoopin by gsp he is still one of the best...

Brock is too green-he will remain as such

Nog is over the hill- true, several poor performances but well, lets not count him out yet.. i understand he was fighting mir coming out of an injury..

Mir is overrated- i don't think so.. he is a bad ass jits guy who suddenly learned how to strike

Carwin might have a chance, but he's still untested- amen, very promising indeed

there is also Gonzaga- big size skilled jits, better than average striking.. just needs to develop some heart

and waht about junior? I am just not sure about dos santos... he ended his fights after a few min. or was it seconds? looks like an iron mike tyson for mma. and consider this, he is nog's protege and he trains at black house.. sino ba naman ang nasa black house.. well for starters here is a couple of nobody in mma spider silva and dragon machida posibly ranked 1-2 p4p best.

outside ufc there is barnet and werdum.. werdum has scary bjj.. and is now improving on his striking, arlovski still has a chance. rematch anyone?

* as to pound 4 pound best its hard to tell who among these is no. 1 spider, fedor or gsp.. they are extremely dominant against their opponents.. fedor legitimized his mystic after the timmy ko and arlovski ko.. the no. 4 p4p best in my list is the dragon, this is an easy pick and i will not be surprised if this guy will be challenging the tree previously mentioned for being top p4p fighter after he becomes the ufc lhw champion in a few months time. --- well rounded, technical striking, and suddenly aggressive. Ah i almost forgot, he can't get hit! the fifth guy on my list is baby jay.. despite his ass whoopin by gsp he is still one of the best...

although Werdum got clocked by Dos Santos then he got dropped by the UFC WTF???

correction chief that was a RNC against Timmy ^_^

and yep the Dragon will prevail ^_^

Franklin VS Silva catchweight 195 nice... they're giving Wandy a chance so he can get used to MW ^_^

wanderlei silva via malicious staredown! :lol:

hahaha he really looks like a bad mofo during staredowns ^_^

he's also great at hyping up a fight specially during weigh-ins and stare downs ^_^

i like Wandy to win this fight but Ace is a better technical striker than him, Wandy's brutal swing for the fences/brawl tactics may not work on Ace though...

i'd like to see that Randy VS Mirko fight ^_^

Edited by riceb0i
Patay wla nanaman ako mapipili dito....

I only realized i missed something @ UFC95 when iisaw the replay again.... s@%t Ang galing ni nate marquardt....

BTW I heard meron daw MMA event sa UP diliman ata march 13 daw, is this PSSL?

tanong natin kay chief geneticfreak, sa SPRAWL nagtra-train yun eh

Randy Couture vs Antonio Rodrigo Minotauro Nogueira UFC 101 fight possible for August

Former champions and mixed martial arts legends Randy Couture and Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira could meet in an epic match up at UFC 101 in August, according to MMAWeekly.com.

The report does not provide a date or location for the event; however, it indicates that “The Natural” has agreed to the clash of heavyweight titans.

This, of course, is the dream match up that most fans expected to see on May 23 before Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir played spoiler roles in the opening round of the mini heavyweight tournament created in late 2008 to crown an undisputed division champion.

Couture recently indicated that he was interested in a fight against Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic when the promotion storms the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany, for UFC 99 on June 13. However, he apparently did not have enough time to prepare because he will be on a movie set alongside action stars Jet Li, Jason Statham and Dolph Lundgren in Sylvester Stallone’s upcoming action flick “The Expendables.”

This is not the first time that Couture has been offered a fight with “Big Nog.” He balked at the opportunity while he was in a contract dispute with the promotion for most of 2008, saying the fight that he wanted most was one against WAMMA deity Fedor Emelianenko.

Now that he is coming off surgery and another movie role, UFC 101 could finally be the event that brings the former kings together.

Any rumours on UFC 100?

UFC 100 Rumors

Event name: UFC 100: St-Pierre vs. Alves

Date: July 11, 2009

Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center

Broadcast: Pay-Per-View (10pm ET)

* Georges St-Pierre © vs. Thiago Alves

UFC Welterweight Championship

* Rashad Evans © vs. Quinton Jackson or Lyoto Machida

UFC Light Heavyweight Championship

* Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson

hahaha he really looks like a bad mofo during staredowns ^_^

he's also great at hyping up a fight specially during weigh-ins and stare downs ^_^

"When I see my opponent, I begin to shake uncontrollably. Once he hits me, I think to myself, you just hit Wanderlei Silva, how dare you hit Wanderlei Silva. Then I try to k*ll them." - Wand

very nice...

IT'S ON! NOGUEIRA AND COUTURE AGREE TO UFC 101

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/8277-Couture_v_Nog.jpg

Former Pride and UFC interim heavyweight champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira has agreed to face former UFC heavyweight champ Randy Couture at UFC 101 in August.

Though a date can’t be confirmed at this time, multiple sources wishing to remain anonymous say the unannounced card is likely to take place in Portland, Ore.

MMAWeekly.com on Thursday reported that Couture had accepted an offer to face the Brazilian, his first fight since losing the heavyweight crown to Brock Lesnar at UFC 91. Nogueira has now reciprocated, although bout agreements have yet to be signed.

Couture turned down an offer to fight Nogueira in December of 2007 after resigning from the UFC in a contractual dispute. He remained heavyweight champion through his 11-month leave, while Nogueira defeated Tim Sylvia to win the interim heavyweight title at UFC 81.

Nogueira subsequently lost the title to Frank Mir in the second round of the UFC’s unofficial “heavyweight tournament,” with Couture losing his undisputed title at his UFC 91 return.

Couture was again offered a fight with the Brazilian in the first half of 2009, but an elbow surgery and obligations to the Sylvester Stallone-helmed “The Expendables” put the bout on the back burner. A widely rumored appearance at UFC 99 in Germany was also shelved due to the film.

Next month, Couture will begin filming the action flick alongside stars Mickey Rourke, Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, and beleaguered California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Sources indicate Nogueira may do the bulk of his fight training in Los Angeles, sharpening his boxing skills with boxing guru Freddie Roach.

Former Pride and UFC interim heavyweight champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira has agreed to face former UFC heavyweight champ Randy Couture at UFC 101 in August.

Though a date can’t be confirmed at this time, multiple sources wishing to remain anonymous say the unannounced card is likely to take place in Portland, Ore.

MMAWeekly.com on Thursday reported that Couture had accepted an offer to face the Brazilian, his first fight since losing the heavyweight crown to Brock Lesnar at UFC 91. Nogueira has now reciprocated, although bout agreements have yet to be signed.

Couture turned down an offer to fight Nogueira in December of 2007 after resigning from the UFC in a contractual dispute. He remained heavyweight champion through his 11-month leave, while Nogueira defeated Tim Sylvia to win the interim heavyweight title at UFC 81.

Nogueira subsequently lost the title to Frank Mir in the second round of the UFC’s unofficial “heavyweight tournament,” with Couture losing his undisputed title at his UFC 91 return.

Couture was again offered a fight with the Brazilian in the first half of 2009, but an elbow surgery and obligations to the Sylvester Stallone-helmed “The Expendables” put the bout on the back burner. A widely rumored appearance at UFC 99 in Germany was also shelved due to the film.

Next month, Couture will begin filming the action flick alongside stars Mickey Rourke, Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, and beleaguered California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Sources indicate Nogueira may do the bulk of his fight training in Los Angeles, sharpening his boxing skills with boxing guru Freddie Roach.

WTF?!!! War Randy!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

UFC 100 Rumors

Event name: UFC 100: St-Pierre vs. Alves

Date: July 11, 2009

Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center

Broadcast: Pay-Per-View (10pm ET)

* Georges St-Pierre © vs. Thiago Alves

UFC Welterweight Championship

* Rashad Evans © vs. Quinton Jackson or Lyoto Machida

UFC Light Heavyweight Championship

* Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson

now that's gonna be an amazing card ganda ng 2 main event ^_^

fuken-a i just had a hardon bro ^_^

mma news:

Dana White Says No To B.J. Penn vs. Georges St. Pierre III

Count UFC President Dana White among those who believe that Georges St. Pierre's corner cheated in St. Pierre's recent win over B.J. Penn at UFC 94. But White doesn't believe that implicates St. Pierre.

"Do I think that he got greased," asked White in a recent conversation with The Canadian Press. "Yeah, I do absolutely one-hundred percent think that that guy was rubbing grease on him. Do I think Georges was trying to cheat? Absolutely not at all, but that (explitive) corner man was rubbing grease on him. You can not do that. You can't do it. You put another fighter at a huge disadvantage which is very dangerous.

White, who's reviewed the tape countless times, has come away convinced that while St. Pierre may be innocent, his corner knew exactly what they were doing.

"I think [the cornerman] absolutely, positively knew that he was rubbing grease on him," White said. "I do. Nobody can tell me different. I watched the tape a million times. I've been in this business for so long and you bump into poeople all the time; like Stitch (UFC cornerman) and all these guys, everybody shakes your hand. And when they shake your hand with Vasoline on it, that (explitive) is on your hands until you wash your hands with soap and water. This guy is globbing Vasoline and rubbing it all over [st. Pierre's] face. Then, he actually rubs his hands around his neck, then down his shoulders and then does the chest and back. You can't (explitive) touch his body when you have Vasoline on your hands. You can not touch his body. Let somebody else rub him or massage him or carress him or whatever the (explitive) he was doing. You can't do it. It's illegal."

White is also aware of the public perception that St. Pierre's win may now be viewed as tainted because of the controversy surrounding the illegal use of grease.

"Yeah, it sucks," White said. "You know what? He didn't have to (explitive) do it. He didn't have to put grease on him. Georges St. Pierre was winning the fight. He was dominant in the standup and on the ground. To have a fight or a fighter like St. Pierre tainted over this (explitive) stupidity is... you know, I hate it. It sucks."

St. Pierre dominated the fight, of this there can be no doubt, but when a fighter has an unfair and illegal advantage over his opponent, it's difficult to say how the fight may have turned out differently had that advantage not been part of the equation. And there will always be those who question the authenticity of the outcome, and rightly so, based on the absence of an unfair playing field for both fighters, even in the face of such a lopsided affair. Regardless White's says he's content to see the fighters stay in their respective weight categories and that he doesn't want to see a third fight between the two.

"No. No matter what happened with the controversy, I think B.J....who knows," said White. "He and I haven't really sat down and talked about it yet but I think it's pretty obvious he should stay at [lightweight].