Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Mir won't even get past Noguiera. Again if you look at this fight Nog's got all the advantages. Let's say however that for argument's sake that skill wise both of them were equal (though again I think Nog is a vastly more superior BJJ blackbelt than Frank Mir just check out the record books Nog has 19 MMA wins via submission while Mir only has 7. I also give the striking advantage to Nog).

Now let's look at the other 'intangible' in this fight.

CONDITIONING.

This aspect of the game clearly goes to Nog as we have seen time and time again how durable a fighter Nog is. Frank Mir's conditioning has really sucked big time since that motorcycle accident. He was already sucking air against Dan Christinson (Dan who? this guy ain't even on the same level as the Heath Herrings or Ben Rothwells of the world) during their fight and escaped with a decision.

A reliable indicator of how good your conditioning is, is how well and how quickly you recover from a knockdown or from damage recieved during the course of the fight. Nog has never been stopped. He has been controlled and GNP'd by Fedor (the greatest HW and fighter in the planet IMO) but he has never ever been knocked out. The same thing can't be said about Frank Mir. He has been knocked out previously by Ian Freeman, TKO'd by Marcio 'Pedapano' Cruz and of course by the Truth Brandon Vera.

And I mean come on. He got beaten rather handily by Pedapano Cruz. Nog has the skills of a Pedapano combined with an iron chin, exceptional cardio, great recoverability and good striking. I don't see how Mir can win this one unless a freak accident happens to Nog in the midst of the action.

just look at noguiera, man. i'm betting on him because of the mere fact that he got that scar on his back from an accident when he was eleven years old. he was run over by a truck. a damn truck. how much tougher can one get?

Edited by Palakol

randy against fedor would be an injustice for the natural; they should've fought before capt america fought nopao; he looked pretty old against lesnar..fedor vs nog or mir or lesnar would be a better choice & i bet the emperor would issue a beat down on all those 3 guys hehehe i hope he signs with ufc immediately :)

dapat tune up muna si Joe Daddy, he should be fighting dudes who are as tall as he is, mismatch nanaman kay Diego kasi lugi nanaman si Joe Daddy sa height, that's what happened to him dun sa Florian fight, gulat na lang nya nung dinala siya sa ground ni Kenflo...

I agree sayang, I like joe's style in and out of the cage... he's cool dude!

randy against fedor would be an injustice for the natural; they should've fought before capt america fought nopao; he looked pretty old against lesnar..fedor vs nog or mir or lesnar would be a better choice & i bet the emperor would issue a beat down on all those 3 guys hehehe i hope he signs with ufc immediately :)

Absolutely... bakit naman kc nagpilit si fedor na isign lahat ng red devil... hindi tuloy sila naharap ni randy!

I agree sayang, I like joe's style in and out of the cage... he's cool dude!

Absolutely... bakit naman kc nagpilit si fedor na isign lahat ng red devil... hindi tuloy sila naharap ni randy!

ahehehe i guess the Red Devil MMA team is all about all for one and one for all ^_^

dapat si Huerta harapin ni Diego, tapos si JoeDaddy dapat si Clay Guida muna, i'd like to see the Carpenter VS Joe Daddy talaga noon noon pa ^_^

i think Bobby Lashley is training with Giant Silva as of the moment so i guess a match between them is unlikely for the moment. ATT is doing great in developing Lashley as an MMArtist as they're not cramming up everything all at once but training him stage by stage. i think best to match up Lashley against Big Daddy Goodrich for the moment ^_^

Wow ATT pala ngayon si Giant Silva. hehe. ayos.

Anyhow a match with 'Gary Goodridge' is pretty much standard for a sensational MMA newbie such as Lashley is. Steven Quadros who once did play by play for the old PRIDE FC actually called Big Daddy 'the Gatekeeper' of PRIDE. He pretty much was matched up against anybody special who was up and coming and anybody who 'was special' who was on their way out. Remember that headkick KO on Don Frye? That was sick.

dapat tune up muna si Joe Daddy, he should be fighting dudes who are as tall as he is, mismatch nanaman kay Diego kasi lugi nanaman si Joe Daddy sa height, that's what happened to him dun sa Florian fight, gulat na lang nya nung dinala siya sa ground ni Kenflo...

Hmm... well Joe has better wrestling than Diego Sanchez plus the fact that Diego will be (yet again) coming down a weight class that may have some 'unintended' side effects on how he fights. I really can't say Joe's in a mismatch in this one.

Mir won't even get past Noguiera. Again if you look at this fight Nog's got all the advantages. Let's say however that for argument's sake that skill wise both of them were equal (though again I think Nog is a vastly more superior BJJ blackbelt than Frank Mir just check out the record books Nog has 19 MMA wins via submission while Mir only has 7. I also give the striking advantage to Nog).

Now let's look at the other 'intangible' in this fight.

CONDITIONING.

This aspect of the game clearly goes to Nog as we have seen time and time again how durable a fighter Nog is. Frank Mir's conditioning has really sucked big time since that motorcycle accident. He was already sucking air against Dan Christinson (Dan who? this guy ain't even on the same level as the Heath Herrings or Ben Rothwells of the world) during their fight and escaped with a decision.

A reliable indicator of how good your conditioning is, is how well and how quickly you recover from a knockdown or from damage recieved during the course of the fight. Nog has never been stopped. He has been controlled and GNP'd by Fedor (the greatest HW and fighter in the planet IMO) but he has never ever been knocked out. The same thing can't be said about Frank Mir. He has been knocked out previously by Ian Freeman, TKO'd by Marcio 'Pedapano' Cruz and of course by the Truth Brandon Vera.

And I mean come on. He got beaten rather handily by Pedapano Cruz. Nog has the skills of a Pedapano combined with an iron chin, exceptional cardio, great recoverability and good striking. I don't see how Mir can win this one unless a freak accident happens to Nog in the midst of the action.

i don't know man.. give mir a chance.. he lost 2 of his 3 fights while coming back from his motorcycle accident... other than that only the freeman loss can be described as a bad performance by mir. true, mir does not have 17 sub. wins but thats because he does not have that much fight.. remember in pride fighters are given fights whose only purpose is to make the opponent's resume look good. in the ufc you get thrown to the wolves as soon as you join the organization.

conditioning of mir, well that suck but if you would look at his fight history he doesn't really need much of conditioning.. most of his fights end in the first round via some nasty subs. by the way, mir said in an interview that he is paying attention to his cardio this time he thinks his only way to beat nog is via stand-up and eventually UD. at least his brain seems to be in order now.

a to their bjj... well this is the intriguing part .. both are extremely good in bjj. most say that nog has better bjj.. i would probably agree with that but remember in mir's first mma match he broke roberto tavern's arm (a nobody in bjj just a 4 time world bjj champ).. hell, this guy has way better bjj credentials than nog and mir. point here is they probably are in the same level in terms of bjj or even if nog has the edge, one mistake and it can be all over...

as to striking will see nog's boxing or mir's kenpo

im not saying mir is going to walk thorugh this fight.. all that im saying is that he has a legit chance of beating nog...

Traven’s JIU JITSU and No Rules titles

* First Place - Brazilian National Championship - 1995

* First Place - Brazilian Team Championship - 1995

* First Place - Brazilian Team Championship – 1996

* First Place - AFC Russia Ultimate Fighting – 1997

* First Place - World Jiu-Jitsu Championship – 1998

* First Place - open class in the ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship (grappling) – 1999

* First Place - Brazilian Team Championship – 1999

* First Place - World Jiu-Jitsu Championship – 1999

* First Place - Rings Japan – 2000

* Second Place - Super fight in the ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship (grappling) – 2000

* Second Place - Masters World Championship– 2002

* First Place - Master's World Cup super heavy-weight – 2002

* First Place - Master's World Cup open class – 2002

* First Place - Master's World Cup heavy weight – 2003

* First Place - Pan Ams open and super heavy weight division (class Senior I) - 2006

i don't know man.. give mir a chance.. he lost 2 of his 3 fights while coming back from his motorcycle accident... other than that only the freeman loss can be described as a bad performance by mir. true, mir does not have 17 sub. wins but thats because he does not have that much fight.. remember in pride fighters are given fights whose only purpose is to make the opponent's resume look good. in the ufc you get thrown to the wolves as soon as you join the organization.

conditioning of mir, well that suck but if you would look at his fight history he doesn't really need much of conditioning.. most of his fights end in the first round via some nasty subs. by the way, mir said in an interview that he is paying attention to his cardio this time he thinks his only way to beat nog is via stand-up and eventually UD. at least his brain seems to be in order now.

a to their bjj... well this is the intriguing part .. both are extremely good in bjj. most say that nog has better bjj.. i would probably agree with that but remember in mir's first mma match he broke roberto tavern's arm (a nobody in bjj just a 4 time world bjj champ).. hell, this guy has way better bjj credentials than nog and mir. point here is they probably are in the same level in terms of bjj or even if nog has the edge, one mistake and it can be all over...

as to striking will see nog's boxing or mir's kenpo

im not saying mir is going to walk thorugh this fight.. all that im saying is that he has a legit chance of beating nog...

Well it is MMA and anyone can be beat by anyone at any given time. I'm intrigued though by Mir's comment about beating Nog in the standup game and via UD he might just be playing mind games to get give Nog a false sens of confidence.

here's a song from a BJ Penn fan to GSP:

Like I've said I wont be surprised if Mir Subs Nog. Mir doesnt have a world bjj champion credentials, obvious his American. They compete in NAGA and Grapplers Quest and not in the Mundials or Pan Ams. And his a Sergio Penha/ Ricardo Pires blackbelt, both trained under Red Belt Master Oswaldo Alves. Sir Genetic you should know this because Master Fabricio Martins himself is a Oswaldo Alves blackbelt. Nog has better boxing skills but Frank has KO power himself, rem. how he KTFO'd Wes Sims?! Im sure he has improved his cardio and has mentally recovered from his motorcycle accident. So we cant say that Nogs just gonna run thru Mir.

from MMAJunkie.com

Mike Patt vs. Brandon Vera set for UFC 96 in Ohio

by John Morgan on Dec 21, 2008 at 4:40 pm ET

While there have been no officially announced bouts by the organization, light-heavyweights Mike Patt (12-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Brandon Vera (9-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) have verbally agreed to meet at UFC 96.

Sam Caplan of Fiveouncesofpain.com first reported the likelihood of the bout earlier today, and MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) was able to confirm the agreements with multiple sources close to the bout.

UFC 96 is scheduled for March 7 at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

Ohio-native Patt will be looking for his first win in the octagon. The BodogFIGHT veteran made an unsuccessful first appearance for the organization at UFC 88 in September. Patt entered the bout having won eight of his previous nine outings, but was stopped in the first round by Tim Boetsch after taking the fight on less than three week's notice.

Despite the unsuccessful initial outing, Patt told MMAjunkie.com that he hoped to become a permanent fixture in the UFC.

"There are plenty of places to fight, and some guys will tell you how they want to fight here or there," Patt said. "But given the chance, they would all fight for the UFC regardless of what they might say. It validates everything you do as a fighter. I would be very happy to call the UFC home."

Vera will enter the bout looking for just his second win in his past five bouts. After establishing himself as a UFC contender with wins over Frank Mir, Assuerio Silva, Justin Eilers and Fabiano Scherner, Vera would drop his next two bouts to Fabricio Werdum and Tim Sylvia. Those losses prompted Vera to make a cut to 205 pounds.

Vera was victorious in his debut at light-heavyweight over Reese Andy, but lost a close split-decision to Keith Jardine in his most recent bout at UFC 89.

I hope he doesn't disappoint this time...

Like I've said I wont be surprised if Mir Subs Nog. Mir doesnt have a world bjj champion credentials, obvious his American. They compete in NAGA and Grapplers Quest and not in the Mundials or Pan Ams. And his a Sergio Penha/ Ricardo Pires blackbelt, both trained under Red Belt Master Oswaldo Alves. Sir Genetic you should know this because Master Fabricio Martins himself is a Oswaldo Alves blackbelt. Nog has better boxing skills but Frank has KO power himself, rem. how he KTFO'd Wes Sims?! Im sure he has improved his cardio and has mentally recovered from his motorcycle accident. So we cant say that Nogs just gonna run thru Mir.

yup yup. Master Fabricio Martins Costa is a blackbelt under Master Osvaldo Alves. speaking of Master Fabricio. he's about to get his 6th degree blackbelt soon.

This is from BJJ Blackbelt Daniel Otero to Coach Stephen Kamphuis.

Dear Stephen

Fabricio said me to invite you. He will receive his 6th black belt

degree on january, 26nd. Master Osvaldos Alves will give him the

degree on the gym and Fabricio wants to invite all his black belts, he

would be very happy if you could come. I'm sure that will be a

beautifull ceremony.

Thanks,

Merry Christmas!!!!

Daniel

Anyhow getting back on topic. I think Mir's best chance as stated by sir overman is during the first few minutes when both of them are still dry and subs will be easier to sink in. If the fight does wear on to the 'championship rounds' though his chances will probabbly be really slim at that point. I don't think he can really outlast a minotauro noguiera. he said it himself nog's like a zombie. you knock him down the motherf*cka just keeps getting back up.

Mir gets destroyed by Nog. period.

conditioning of mir, well that suck but if you would look at his fight history he doesn't really need much of conditioning.. most of his fights end in the first round via some nasty subs.

conditioning in MMA is essential. It is a basic skill that all fighters must have to not just be a winner but basically just to compete. It doesn't matter if your fights go the distance or not, if your body's not up to it, you will get hurt, badly.

hell, this guy has way better bjj credentials than nog and mir. point here is they probably are in the same level in terms of bjj or even if nog has the edge, one mistake and it can be all over...

I've never seen nog get subbed or knocked out. ever. Mir has got his bell rung a couple of times already, once by a really green Brandon Vera. Nog got pummeled and smashed to the ground by Bob Sapp, GnP'd almost halfway to his grave by Fedor (twice) and he still didn't go out. Plus I've never seen someone even get really get good positioning on Nog on the ground. No one has even come close to subbing Nog. Werdum is an ADCC champ too (like Traven), and he couldn't finish Nog. Besides great sport BJJ doesn't necessarily translate to great MMA ground skills.

Point is nobody has finished Nog, and Nog has fought the best, a prime Crocop, Fedor, Sylvia, Mark Coleman (back when coleman was still Top 10), Josh Barnett, Dan Henderson, etc. this guy has been through them all, and he has never been stopped. If you look closely all his losses went to the judges, and most of them were split decisions too. This guy fights to the end and finishes on his feet, win or lose.

now look at who Frank Mir has fought. Tim Sylvia, Brandon Vera, Antoni Hardonk, Brock Lesnar, Pete Williams, Roberto Traven. Only Sylvia and Lesnar (by way of Couture) are considered Top 10. With all of his losses coming by way of TKO.

Nog has better boxing skills but Frank has KO power himself, rem. how he KTFO'd Wes Sims?!

KO Power doesn't mean excellent stand up, Tank Abbott can KO virtually anyone on the planet, but his standup leaves a lot to be desired. same with Mir.

all that im saying is that he has a legit chance of beating nog...

Mir has the same chance of surviving against Nog as an iceberg has a chance of making it through hell.

Hey guys saw this at yahoo... Ortiz was interviewed by john morgan

Looks like ortiz will tie up with affliction...anyway heres the buzz read on...

Ortiz said his desire to compete outside of the UFC has nothing to do with financial offers.

“It’s just respect value,” Ortiz said. “It’s not about money anymore. I have all the money I need in the world. I have nothing to worry about money-wise. It’s about respect now, and [uFC officials] don’t respect me as a person. They don’t respect me as a fighter. They don’t respect me as a businessman.

In my opinion, if tito ortiz did pay respect to ken shamrock long time ago, then i guess he would have gotten the respect of the other UFC people... and he would still be part of the organization.

i really need to find out more about this sport

ken, frank, and i along with some guy who's going to open the fight when frank fight were talking last friday (don't know who he is)

they were asking me if my boys were going to fight saturday fight

i told them i don't want them to just yet but i'll watch

they mentioned it was going to be a stand up

then i replied, "even if i pay the door fee i still have to stand up? they don't have a chair me while i watch?"

they all fell on the floor laughing :rolleyes:

Edited by hottlipss

ken, frank, and i along with some guy who's going to open the fight when frank fight were talking last friday (don't know who he is)

then i replied, "even if i pay the door fee i still have to stand up? they don't have a chair me while i watch?"

they prolly mean, it will be a standup fight, meaning they will fight fist & feet standing up & wouldn't go to the ground ^_^ nothing to do with the audience standing up ^_^

i guess since your kids train in Ken Hahn's Striking Unlimited you prolly would watch & support Frank Mir come Saturday ^_^ he's a good fighter but Nog is not human ^_^

anyways what are your thoughts about the Griffin VS Rashad fight?

my take on that fight is Forrest will UD that arrogant mofo if not Evans keeling over in exhaustion in the latter rounds and prolly getting choked out or armbarred by Forrest...

and on the Wand VS Rampage fight, i say Wand gets a repeat performance, he'd win like how he won the Jardine fight... rapechoke FTW! ^_^

and on Diego going down LW he's scared of Alves that's why he went down, he saw how Alves destroyed Kos and no way Diego's standup stands a chance against that barrage of kicks from Alves. he's got a lucky break fighting Joe Daddy, but i hope Joe Daddy chokes him out ^_^

First, Yushin Okami vs. Dean Lister is not on the main card for UFC 92.. that's a shame cause that match can easily be a main event match... IMO they should have put this match on the main card in place of the Dollaway vs. Massenzio match..

Now, Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono match for UFC 94 is not on the main card as well.. what is this gradeschool? Is this Fitch's punishment for the dispute over the video game? WTF!!??

Hope UFC would place this match on the main card cause I would really love to see this match.. take the Bonnar - Jones match out of the main card.. :P :D

First, Yushin Okami vs. Dean Lister is not on the main card for UFC 92.. that's a shame cause that match can easily be a main event match... IMO they should have put this match on the main card in place of the Dollaway vs. Massenzio match..

Now, Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono match for UFC 94 is not on the main card as well.. what is this gradeschool? Is this Fitch's punishment for the dispute over the video game? WTF!!??

Hope UFC would place this match on the main card cause I would really love to see this match.. take the Bonnar - Jones match out of the main card.. :P :D

Oo nga! Sobrang sama mo Dana White! Both Dean Lister and Okami are tremendous fighters. And of course we all saw how Jon Fitch fared against GSP (and his performances prior to that). These fighters deserve to be on the main card of whatever UFC event they're participating in.

Ortiz is joining Afflicition as an announcer not as a fighter

yup, but what i after actualy is the long time sentimental problem of ortiz... respect... hehehe yabang kc ni mokong eh...

It means your boys will fight like teakwondo or karate fight,no grappling and wrestling yet... see for your self if you kid are ready for pumping thier muscles!

Nice to hear from hotlips again!