Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Anong klase naman alibi yan, kung totoong hindi lumalaban ang isang BJJ blackbelt sa isang BJJ brown belt ay bakit pumayag syang lumaban kay Baylon... Besides, tinalo sya ng isang brown belt, that says a lot... Di man lang sya rumebanse ^,...,^

Dapat siguro promote na sya ni Stephen Kamphuis, tinalo nya Blackbelt eh

hehe. well nung naglaban sila sa Hajime bro Judo rules naman kasi (though very similar ang rules ng dalawa meron ding konting pagkakaiba). Ayaw daw niyang labanan si Baylon sa BJJ kasi no-win situation yun para kay Fowler. I mean if a BJJ blackbelt beats a BJJ brownbelt what does he gain? furthermore what if he loses? haha that would even be more embarassing. Isa pa naman siya sa pinakasikat na blackbelts of recent times and madalas siya magpaseminar here in southeast asia, guam and the US.

Anyway as for sir John's promotion to blackbelt. I personally asked coach Stephen about this and he says it wouldn't be right for a couple of reasons una, hindi student and teacher ang relationship nila ni John Baylon they're really more like friends and colleagues than anything else and second and more importantly

'To be able to award a blackbelt in BJJ you have to at least be a third-degree blackbelt yourself' at walang ganito sa Pilipinas. He'll probabbly have to go back to Japan or go to Brazil to get promoted to Blackbelt. But yeah I agree with a lot of people who think John Baylon should be a blackbelt in BJJ already. Matagal na ngang dapat IMO.

wahhhh! wla un guro ko sa boxing na si lando espinosa....anu balita bakit di sya kasali sa urcc? magkano mga ticket sa nov 22 urcc tol?

bro hindi naman kumpleto yang card na pinost ko. hehe yung mga featured matches palang yan. baka kasama naman yung boxing coach mo. hanap tayo ng mas kumpletong fight card. anyhow you may contact ticketnet for ticket prices.

randy the natural couture. ang galing but medyo matanda na.

eto naman si brock, parang beast from nowhere talaga.

you will be surprised bythe speed of the this guys hands. remember the punch that almost knocked out yung fighter na texas chainsaw ba yon.

from nowhwere bigla na lang nya nirush.

gsp pa rin. BJ penn got his ass kicked by matt hughes. kawawa yung end position bro. crucifix bi bj penn. wala magawa habang sinusontok yung mukha nya.

gsp is really a complete fighter.

BJ Penn all the way! crucifix position ni hughes pero under dog c penn dun xe lightweight c penn talaga hindi welter tsaka that time ang taba ni bj compared ngaun may abs na and nag mature na ... bj penn won also to matt hughes straight to the face sa ground sabay rear naked choke ... for now the question still remains xe bj penn vs Gsp part 1 talo c penn pero decision at naospital si Gsp after sa sobrang dami ng suntok sa mukha nya ..that time tamad talaga ni Bj mag ensayo ... kung tatalunin ni Gsp si penn papayag na ako na mas magaling si gsp pero gang di nagagawa rematch theirs still that question in my mind parang pacman vs morales yan waha! sa huli inubos ni pacman si morales ..

wala na din xe ko balita kay lando...pero idol ko un sumuntok at natuto na din si lando ng mga submission.... si baduria idol ko din tagal na ni caloy un iba nawala na pero dyan pa din...si edward lasprilla ba dna lalaban?

You must mean former champion Richard Lasprilla. Well a couple of weeks ago I think they had some MMA fights at the Gymaholics Deftac gym in Sucat and Richard fought in one of the matches. So yeah by all indications he's back into fighting.

randy the natural couture. ang galing but medyo matanda na.

eto naman si brock, parang beast from nowhere talaga.

you will be surprised bythe speed of the this guys hands. remember the punch that almost knocked out yung fighter na texas chainsaw ba yon.

from nowhwere bigla na lang nya nirush.

gsp pa rin. BJ penn got his ass kicked by matt hughes. kawawa yung end position bro. crucifix bi bj penn. wala magawa habang sinusontok yung mukha nya.

gsp is really a complete fighter.

Brock's last opponent (the one he knocked down from the opening bell) was Heath Herring and he's more popularly known as 'the Texas Crazy Horse' (more like Texas Crazy Hair IMO. hehe).

I see a brewing BJ Penn vs. GSP debate on this thread. Well like I said in a previous post. It really is hard to pick a winner in this one simply because both fighters are so much better now than when they first fought. BJ's boxing has improved tremendously (as shown during his last fight with Sean Sherk) and GSP's wrestling (and BJJ) have grown by leaps and bounds. GSP is the more well rounded fighter no doubt. More versatile with his strikes and has turned out to be a great wrestler. BJ is the better grappler however so if it goes to the ground he might have a slight advantage.

Bottomline: this'll definitely be an instant classic (well unless a freak injury or a lucky punch ends it quickly, I mean it is MMA. hehe).

ty sir for correcting me Richard Lasprilla vs Edward Lasprilla waha! sino un! ... ty agen

Your welcome. hehe. Baka si Edward Folayang naman ang naisip mo.

Anyhow I pray Caloy finally scores one for the Philippines against China at the upcoming URCC event (we had a dismal 0-4 Showing against their fighters during the Art of War Event).

The Ali Khatibi vs. Carl Sebiniano match is another one I'm looking forward to seeing. Under the tutelage of Ali Sulit and the BJJ Group Vamos Para Frente (VPF) Carl's really gotten good with his BJJ but Khatibi's no slouch either. He himself is a great grappler (a bluebelt under Deftac BJJ) and I had a chance to compete alongside him during the Phil Grapplers League event in Market Market a year ago and I can say the guy's got game.

Another fun fact in the Sebiniano / Khatibi matchup is that both guys have faced Fearless/URCC Fighter Carlos Tiongson. Sebiniano lost to him during the last Dominacao Absoluta and Khatibi won against him (it was a reversed decision) during the PGL event at Market Market. It'd be great to finally see them face each other in the ring.

hehe. well nung naglaban sila sa Hajime bro Judo rules naman kasi (though very similar ang rules ng dalawa meron ding konting pagkakaiba). Ayaw daw niyang labanan si Baylon sa BJJ kasi no-win situation yun para kay Fowler. I mean if a BJJ blackbelt beats a BJJ brownbelt what does he gain? furthermore what if he loses? haha that would even be more embarassing. Isa pa naman siya sa pinakasikat na blackbelts of recent times and madalas siya magpaseminar here in southeast asia, guam and the US.

Anyway as for sir John's promotion to blackbelt. I personally asked coach Stephen about this and he says it wouldn't be right for a couple of reasons una, hindi student and teacher ang relationship nila ni John Baylon they're really more like friends and colleagues than anything else and second and more importantly

'To be able to award a blackbelt in BJJ you have to at least be a third-degree blackbelt yourself' at walang ganito sa Pilipinas. He'll probabbly have to go back to Japan or go to Brazil to get promoted to Blackbelt. But yeah I agree with a lot of people who think John Baylon should be a blackbelt in BJJ already. Matagal na ngang dapat IMO.

Judo rules nga siguro, pero nasa ground na sila nung mahuli sya ni Baylon eh...

Judo rules nga siguro, pero nasa ground na sila nung mahuli sya ni Baylon eh...

Well yes tama ka bro. But Fowler will always have an excuse that ju-do match pa din yun. hehe. Well, at least Mike Fowler will probabbly pipe down a bit. He issued an open challenge to any BJJ blackbelt for a super fight during the last Dominacao Absoluta.

Talo si Couture dito sa match up na ito... Hindi pabor kay randy ang match up laban kay Lesnar, mas bata si Lesnar at mas malakas at world class wrestler din...

Hindi nga pabor. Historically Randy hasn't done well with other wrestlers who are bigger and stronger than him. anyhow I still want him to win this one and I'm sure he'll be coming in there with a plan. So let's see how this one goes down.

I do believe in tatang Randy "Captain America" Couture pero oo d nga talaga pabor ... im just hoping lang din na since mas magaling si tatang kay Frank Mir na matatalo nya si brock dahil si brock na expose na kulang pa sa nalalaman noon at nahuli ni Mir sa paa at tinalo.... Sabi nga ni BJ Penn - Brock Lesnar will be here for a long time and he's a force to be reckoned with BUT!!!!! don't fight Randy Couture because he will really hurt you =) nasa Youtube yan =)

do not bet against Cap... a lot of people learned that the hard way, including me...

if Lesnar is a freak, so is Randy Couture

i'm rooting for Penn in his fight with GSP, just for wanting to see BJ dip his gloves in GSP's blood and lick them off it, like how he did it on his fights against Joe Daddy and Sean Sherk ^_^

sana matelevise pa yung laban ni Gurgel...

Demian Maia via anaconda choke sa round 2 ^_^

Napao via crazy head kick in the 1st ^_^

Kenflo via vicious GnP using elbows the 3rd ^_^

but i think 205lbs is vera's natural weight right? i mean, he seems so small at HW div. i really think that he's not that focused on his last bout for some reason. he's not that fiesty as he used to...

Its true he's not that fiesty anymore... I saw a magazine featuring gsp where he said he do plymethrics and calesthetics... I do some of it and i think its what vera is lacking... notice puro taba at walang muscle no wonder he get burned out easily. This past week i did not train in weights and calesthetics and plyomethrics to see its effect. I sparred with a guy smaller than me but faster than me... i ended up burned out and the lil monster totally kicked my ass though he wasnt able to get me KO or had tapout. I'm not brraging just looking to see what it could do...

Hey If i'm not mistaken ortiz started in ufc as middleweight right? So why not tito ortiz vs. anderson silva...

and by the way just finished reading novers blog regarding the balut whooohoohohohoo machida is the real man!

Middleweight in the UFC back in the day was like 205 lbs. below, Same like the Middleweight in Pride FC 205lbs.