Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 22 QUICK RESULTS:

Nate Marquardt defeats Rousimar Palhares via TKO (Strikes) Round 1

Charles Oliveira defeats Efrain Escudero via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) Round 3

Jim Miller defeats Gleison Tibau via Unanimous Decision

Cole Miller defeats Ross Pearson via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) Round 2

Yves Edwards defeats John Gunderson via unanimous decision

Kyle Kingsbury def. Jared Hamman via unanimous decision

Rich Attonito def. Rafael Natal via unanimous decision

Dave Branch def. Tomasz Drwal via unanimous decision

Brian Foster def. Forrest Petz via TKO (punches) - 1:07 | R1

Anthony Waldburger def. David Mitchell via unanimous decision

Agree Sir! Toquinho should have kept fighting! But he was sure Marquardt was greased! :angry2:

Notorious talaga yang team ni Greg Jackson! (Remember GSP vs. Penn) Greasing allegations seems to be common for them! Tst tsk! I hope UFC should look that up... :unsure:

Mir vs. Cro Cop naman! I hope Mirko LHK Franks head to oblivion just to shut him up for good! :lol:

Edited by maddromeo

Agree Sir! Toquinho should have kept fighting! But he was sure Marquardt was greased! :angry2:

Notorious talaga yang team ni Greg Jackson! (Remember GSP vs. Penn) Greasing allegations seems to be common for them! Tst tsk! I hope UFC should look that up... :unsure:

Mir vs. Cro Cop naman! I hope Mirko LHK Franks head to oblivion just to shut him up for good! :lol:

I dont question the argument of Toquinho but I do have this to say:

right before you enter the ring.. the refs frisk you diba?? so dapat dun palang they'll find out that the fighter has extra grease, then for sure they will ask the fighter to wipe that off..

New MMa Factoids

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Interesting Win/Loss Info

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-Who has the most fights in the UFC? It's a 3 way tie between Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes, and Randy Couture at 23

-Who has the most wins in the UFC? Welterweight legend Matt Hughes tops the bunch at 18

-Who has the most losses in the UFC? Tank tops this list of shame at 10, but an honorable mention goes to Chris Lytle who despite having an 8-9 losing record in the UFC still has an active contract.

-Fighter with the most Main/Co-main events? No surprise here, Randy Couture who has had top billing for 20 of his 23 fights

-There have been 102 title fights to date. 48 KO/TKOs, 29 Decisions, 24 Subs, and 1 draw

-Randy has been involed in the most title fights. 15 total with a record of 9-6 (also the most losses in title fights)

-Fighters that have never lost a title fight? Anderson Silva, Frank Shamrock, Brock Lesnar, Jens Pulver, Frankie Edgar, Murilo Bustamante, Josh Barnett

-Pedro Rizzo is the only fighter to go 0-3 in title fights.

-Fighter with the most fights that has NEVER been scheduled on the main card? Forrest Petz has been stuck in the prelims for 7 fights.

-Who has the worst record in the UFC? There's a few different ways to look at this:

--Most losses with no wins? Tiki Ghosn at a whopping 0-4

--Worst loss % by someone with at least one win? Our favorite can, Elvis Sinosic, with a stellar 1-6 record. 2nd place in this list is hotly contested, but some notable names are Marvin Eastman at 1-4, Frank Trigg at 2-5, and Phil Baroni at 3-6.

-There are a total of 732 fighters that have fought in the UFC at one point or another. Of them, only 300 fighters have won their debut.

-Notable fighters who lost their debut? LHW Champ Shogun Rua, perennial contender Kenny Florian, welterweight wrecking machine Thiago Alves, Buster Douglas impersonator Matt Serra, P4P trash talker Chael Sonnen, Vanilla Gorilla Brock Lesnar, and the stuff of nightmares (awesome nightmares), Wanderlei Silva.

-Which fighter has beaten the most debuting fighters? The can-crusher award is a 3 way tie between Roger Huerta, Evan Tanner (RIP), and Melvin Guillard with 5 each.

--Interesting side note on Roger Huerta: of his 8 total fights, 5 were wins against debuting fighters. His other 3 fights were 2 losses to UFC veterans Kenny Florian and Gray Maynard, and his lone win against anyone with a UFC record was Clay Guida.

-Which fighter loses the most to debuting fighters? Alan Belcher gets this trophy with 3 of his 4 losses coming to debuting fighters.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Interesting Decision info

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-Who is the most decision prone in the UFC? Not surprisingly, there's a 2 way tie between Jon Fitch and Karo Parisyan, who have heard the scorecards read 10 times. Fitch, however, gets the honor of most decision wins with 9.

-Honorable mentions? Sam Stout has seen the judges 8 times out of 9 fights.

-The fighter with the most fights that has NEVER gone the distance? Man-Bear-Pig himself, Gabriel Gonzaga, with 11 fights.

-The more surprising statistic in the decision genre is the fighter who has the most fights that has always gone to decision. That would be heavyweight brawler Heath Herring, who's 5 fights in the UFC have all gone the distance.

-The fighter who loses the most decisions? Chris Lytle with 9 decision losses. Honorable mention to the Diaz brothers, who don't lose, they just run out of time.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Interesting KO/TKO info

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-Owner of the most KO/TKOs in the UFC? None other than Chuck Liddell who has KO'd 10 of his opponents

-However, Chuck is also the winner of most KO/TKO losses, with 6.

-But then who's the fighter that ONLY losses by KO/TKO? That would be Frank Mur, who has gone limp in all 5 of his losses.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Interesting Submission Info

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-The UFC has seen 29 unique submissions for a total of 382 sub wins. This doesn't include tap-outs due to strikes, injury, or chins to the eye.

-The most common submission? The old reliable RNC, which makes up 28.80% of all sub wins. In a distant second, the Armbar with 18.06%, and rounding out the top 3 is the Guillotine Choke at 16.75%.

-Some of the more unique submissions? A triangle-kimura by Chris Lytle, a Peruvian Necktie by CB Dollaway, and of course the Murlock that tapped out Pete Williams

-Most subs in the UFC? Royce Gracie of course, with all 11 of his wins coming by way of submission

-Frank Mur has never used the same submission twice

-Most submission losses award goes to Tank Abbot, who has been tapped out 5 times. Honorable mention to Chael Sonnen who ALWAYS loses by submission.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Finish Rates in UFC vs Pride

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

When looking at UFC vs Pride, I look at the events in which both orgs existed simultaneously. That way the data is not effected by evolving finishing trends that effect newer fights/fighters. This time line is between 10/11/1997 and 4/8/2007.

-Total UFC fights: 581.

--KO/TKOs: 230 / 39.59%

--Submissions: 161 / 27.71%

--Decision/Draws: 183 / 31.50%

--DQ: 3 / .52%

--NC: 4 / .69%

-Total Pride fights:600

--KO/TKO: 206 / 34.33%

--Submissions: 188 / 31.33%

--Decision/Draws: 198 / 33%

--DQ: 4 / .67%

--NC: 4 / .67%

The fun fact shown here is that despite rules that encouraged more aggression and finishes in Pride, the finish rate is actually slightly higher in the UFC.

Another talking point when it comes to finish rates in the UFC vs Pride is how much of a difference 10 min first rounds make. Lets look at those numbers:

(for these numbers I'm looking at the date range in which both orgs existed and the Unified Rules were in play. This would be 11/17/2000 to 4/8/2007)

-Pride:

--Fights: 503

--Finished in first 5 Minutes: 198 / 39.36%

--Finished in second 5 Minutes: 82 / 16.30%

--Fights stopped in the first 10 minutes: 280 / 55.66%

-UFC

--Fights: 469

--Finished in first 5 Minutes: 188 / 40.08%

--Finished in second 5 Minutes: 96 / 20.46%

--Fights stopped in the first 10 minutes: 284 / 60.55%

The interesting fact here is that finish rates appear to be higher when there's a break in between rounds vs a consecutive 10 min round.

'Cro Cop' confirms eye injury, hoping for the best

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic suffered an eye injury after all, but the Croatian fighter is keeping his fingers crossed for his scheduled Ultimate Fighting Championships bout with Frank Mir.

After a few days of conflicting reports on various outlets about his availability for UFC 119, Filipovic on Saturday told Fighters Only magazine that he suffered a severe poke in the eye in his final minute of hard sparring ahead of his Sept. 25 bout with Mir. The incident was captured on video, Filipovic said.

"It was the very last minute of the very last round of the very last sparring. We were sparring in UFC gloves and my sparring partner — who is about 120 kilos, Croatia's best Thai boxer — he poked me in the eye. ... I can't even describe it, the pain was so big I thought he had blinded me."

Journalists from a television program and reporters from two websites witnessed the incident, Filipovic said.

Filipovic is "fine" and has been cleared to fight, UFC President Dana White told MMAjunkie.com on Saturday. But a doctor urged at least two weeks of rest for the eye, Filipovic said.

The fighter described his vision as "almost normal" and hoped it would "back to normal in a week." Meanwhile, he is reportedly wearing eye-gauze and using a saline solution on the eye.

Filipovic told Fighters Only that he plans on fighting Saturday at the UFC 119 show in Indianapolis. That would prevent yet another change in UFC 119's main event, which has already seen one switch in participants; Filipovic came in as a replacement on five weeks' notice after Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira withdrew because of a training injury.

"Frank Mir has talked this and that, maybe if nobody had seen this and there was no video, he would again be saying I am trying to make excuses," Filipovic said. "But no excuses, it is just bad luck. All I need now is for my plane to be hit by lightning tomorrow and crash into the Atlantic."

^^^

The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) reported that Chael Sonnen tested positive for performance enhancing drugs.

I am split in the middle of this issue since it's the same CSAC that reported Sean Sherk as positive for steroids and then admitting in the end that they had irregularity with their testing. Sherk was right in the end and his suspension was cut.

I am pretty sure that Sonnen will contest this report.

Edited by G_sKiLLz

'Cro Cop' confirms eye injury, hoping for the best

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic suffered an eye injury after all, but the Croatian fighter is keeping his fingers crossed for his scheduled Ultimate Fighting Championships bout with Frank Mir.

After a few days of conflicting reports on various outlets about his availability for UFC 119, Filipovic on Saturday told Fighters Only magazine that he suffered a severe poke in the eye in his final minute of hard sparring ahead of his Sept. 25 bout with Mir. The incident was captured on video, Filipovic said.

"It was the very last minute of the very last round of the very last sparring. We were sparring in UFC gloves and my sparring partner — who is about 120 kilos, Croatia's best Thai boxer — he poked me in the eye. ... I can't even describe it, the pain was so big I thought he had blinded me."

Journalists from a television program and reporters from two websites witnessed the incident, Filipovic said.

Filipovic is "fine" and has been cleared to fight, UFC President Dana White told MMAjunkie.com on Saturday. But a doctor urged at least two weeks of rest for the eye, Filipovic said.

The fighter described his vision as "almost normal" and hoped it would "back to normal in a week." Meanwhile, he is reportedly wearing eye-gauze and using a saline solution on the eye.

Filipovic told Fighters Only that he plans on fighting Saturday at the UFC 119 show in Indianapolis. That would prevent yet another change in UFC 119's main event, which has already seen one switch in participants; Filipovic came in as a replacement on five weeks' notice after Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira withdrew because of a training injury.

"Frank Mir has talked this and that, maybe if nobody had seen this and there was no video, he would again be saying I am trying to make excuses," Filipovic said. "But no excuses, it is just bad luck. All I need now is for my plane to be hit by lightning tomorrow and crash into the Atlantic."

is the scheduled match bet cro cop and mir going to happen?

Report: Vitor Belfort injured, replaced by Nate Marquardt at UFC 122 against Yushin Okami

Not again.

Vitor Belfort has reportedly suffered an undisclosed injury and has been forced to withdraw from his UFC 122 main event fight against Yushin Okami on Nov. 13 in Oberhausen, Germany.

Stepping in for him will be former division number one contender Nate Marquardt, who will now face "Thunder" on the Spike TV telecast after a "Great" performance at UFC Fight Night 22 earlier this month.

Report: Vitor Belfort injured, replaced by Nate Marquardt at UFC 122 against Yushin Okami

Not again.

Vitor Belfort has reportedly suffered an undisclosed injury and has been forced to withdraw from his UFC 122 main event fight against Yushin Okami on Nov. 13 in Oberhausen, Germany.

Stepping in for him will be former division number one contender Nate Marquardt, who will now face "Thunder" on the Spike TV telecast after a "Great" performance at UFC Fight Night 22 earlier this month.

WTF?!?!?! Magretire na lang siya

UPDATE: Vitor Belfort vs Anderson Silva for the title, Marquardt vs Okami winner up next

http://www.imgsrc.com/imgbank/silvabelfo.jpg

That's according to UFC President Dana White:

"Vitor is not injured. He is going to fight anderson for the title and the winner of marquardt and okami are next."

HELL YEAH!!! GO VITOR!!! striking match with anderson!! ayus to!!

natawa ako sa news kanina sa TV patrol

George San pierre of Universal fighting championship sabi ni Julius Babao !

Julius BOBO!!! San Pierre, Universal? ano un motion dancers? nyahahahaha

Dyan Castillejo even said the same thing when Chuck Liddell was here.

Mga tao ng Channel 2 talaga...

Edited by tamago