Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Guest hastati

wow edgar does it again. it was just like their first fight except he did much better this time around.

maynard is next in line for a title shot and i duno how edgar's gonna stop the maynard takedown. bj isn't known for his takedowns and he got edgar down pretty easily whenever he tried.

i smell a new champ in the lightweight division.

I agree that Frankie is gonna have a difficult time avoiding the take-downs of Maynard. But then again Edgar showed that he is an elite wrestler by wiggling out of that situation wherein BJ had his back and could have appplied the rear naked choke. Maynard vs. Edgar 2 would be a dandy. Maynard, meanwhile, grinded Florian to the ground.

FreakShow! Easy lng tayo dyan Sir... medyo biased tayo when it comes to Orgs!

I remember when everybody laughed at Brock Lesnar when he started his MMA Career, now He's UFC HW Champion everybody's riding his bandwagon!

Anybody can fight But it takes real people to step inside the ring or cage!!! :rolleyes:

Here is my take on this one, Brock is a former Division 1 National Champ. He at least have combat experience under his belt even if that was back in his college days.

Lashley - Division 2 wrestler - Big difference from Division 1

Conseco - Former baseball player - Hong Man Choi showed him what's up in MMA.

Walker - Former football player - When he faced a legit MMA fighter, he will fall as well

Batista - Former WWE star - also former bouncer

3 out of 4 has no combat experience. My point is if you are gonna put someone on TV (especially SF has a TV deal), put someone who will best represent the sports. MMA is a growing sports and putting these guys on TV just shows a bad representation.

Parang dito lang yan sa Pinas, lets say sa URCC, most guys have been training their ass off for a spot on that show. What if some showbiz personality wanted to fight there and gets the spot because of his fame and not for his skills. Imagine what the other fighters would feel.

Parang dito lang yan sa Pinas, lets say sa URCC, most guys have been training their ass off for a spot on that show. What if some showbiz personality wanted to fight there and gets the spot because of his fame and not for his skills. Imagine what the other fighters would feel.

Amen to that. Some showbiz personalities have had a chance to step in the ring here in the local scene. I remember TJ Trinidad facing off against Deftac BJJ Bluebelt Carl Rodriguez in one of the amateur promotions.

As for Bobby Lashley well Division 2 and Division 3 Wrestlers do have a legitimate shot at glory when they throw their hats into the MMA ring (Shane Carwin is actually a D3 standout as someone here had pointed out), the thing is though some people are just for wrestling, some are for BJJ, some are just meant to compete in muay thai etc. etc. It takes not only a special athlete but a special grit and determination to succeed as an MMA fighter.

Great night for wrestlers overall this recently concluded UFC. Good old Randy, then Maynard and of course Frankie Edgar. Styles make fights it really is just that Frankie Edgar's style is a terrible style for BJ to fight against as Joe Rogan pointed out he has never been in the octagon with anyone who had a speed advantage over him and this was the puzzle of Edgar that he has now failed to solve twice now. Now that we have Maynard and Edgar about to fight it out again this will hold true... Maynard's already got a win over Frankie Edgar and it is exactly again due to the fact that Maynard's nullifying style of fighting is a terrible style for Frankie Edgar to fight against. It will be interesting to see what adjustments he makes and what effect the so-called 'championship' rounds will have on the outcome of that fight.

WTF just happen to BJ? I think BJ needs to re-assess his career in MMA now. He's clearly lost all desire to fight.

i just heard na he's going to climb to the higher weight classes and try dominating there. pero sa totoo lang, dapat mag stay nalang xa sa weight class nya and try to have some new changes. like changing his whole coaching staff.

Report: Vitor Belfort vs Yushin Okami to headline UFC 122 on Spike TV in Germany

UFC 122 is set to take place on November 12 in Oberhausen, Germany. The event will air on Spike TV in the United States via tape delay. And now, it looks like UFC 122 has a main event.

From The Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer (via Bloody Elbow):

Vitor Belfort vs. Yushin Okami will be the main event of UFC 122 on 11/13 in Oberhausen, Germany. This will be a Spike show in the U.S. The winner will likely face the Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen winner for the middleweight title sometime next year.

I think most people probably saw this match up coming. With Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen set to run it back sometime early next year, Belfort and Okami were left behind to face each other with a title shot awaiting the winner.

Belfort of course has been nursing an injury that kept him out of his scheduled UFC 112 title fight against Anderson Silva earlier this year. "The Phenom" was last seen in action at UFC 103 where he finished Rich Frankin in the first round in his first fight back with the promotion since 2005.

Can we also say that the Couture vs. Toney fight was a freakshow!? Toney's a legit boxer/athlete that stepped into the cage and got choked!

No surpise there! Hope that ends the "Boxing vs. MMA" debate! That they're

both totally different sports & you cant compare it with each other.

Edgar dominates Penn for the 2nd time! Lest just say Frankie was never intimidated by the "BJ Penn" aura! It's not Penn being unfocused blah blah blah. Frankie had Penn all figured out! Im a big BJ Pen fan but let's at least acknowledge this defeat. Looking forward to the Edgar vs. Maynard rematch!!!

bat di ma-takedown ni BJ si Edgar? Nng last round & yung 1st try nya sa 1st round, kaya naman nya..

Well Edgar is no slouch when it comes to wrestling my friend. Remember he is a NCAA Division 1 National Qualifier. What I was particularly impressed with was how well Frankie was able to escape out of some of the inferior positions BJ put him in, especially when BJ got his back with both hooks in in the 3rd or 4th round. I was kinda worried there for Frankie cause not only did BJ have both hooks in,one of the hooks was actually over one of Frankie's arms but he managed to escape with a quick switchout and managed to end up in BJ's guard.

With Maynard though it will be interesting on how he fights off the takedown attempts. The bully won't be as dangerous as BJ on the ground but will probably impose a 'Josh Koscheck on Paul Daley' type control on him to hamper his movement.

Well Edgar is no slouch when it comes to wrestling my friend. Remember he is a NCAA Division 1 National Qualifier. What I was particularly impressed with was how well Frankie was able to escape out of some of the inferior positions BJ put him in, especially when BJ got his back with both hooks in in the 3rd or 4th round. I was kinda worried there for Frankie cause not only did BJ have both hooks in,one of the hooks was actually over one of Frankie's arms but he managed to escape with a quick switchout and managed to end up in BJ's guard.

With Maynard though it will be interesting on how he fights off the takedown attempts. The bully won't be as dangerous as BJ on the ground but will probably impose a 'Josh Koscheck on Paul Daley' type control on him to hamper his movement.

Ricaro Almeida did one hell of a job with Frankie Edgar's BJJ skills

Report: UFC 123: 'Rampage vs Machida' booked for Nov. 20 in Auburn Hills, MI

Two former UFC light heavyweight champions, Quinton Jackson and Lyoto Machida, have reportedly found a location to host their main event match-up to determine which fighter gets back into the 205-pound title hunt.

The Detroit Free Press brings word that The Palace of Auburn Hills will present the UFC 123: "Rampage vs Machida" pay-per-view (PPV) on November 20 in Auburn Hills, Michigan.

And the Detroit suburb couldn't be happier, according to Dr. James Weber, chair of the Michigan Unarmed Combat Commission:

"My understanding is that it is a done deal. Detroit deserves this. It is a boxing and MMA town. It would be a great boost to the economy and represents the character, fight and will of the people in this area. It is a dream of mine come true."

Jackson (30-8) returned to cage fighting after a self-imposed exile that allowed him to participate in the A-Team movie as boyhood idol "B.A. Baracus."

Report: Vitor Belfort vs Yushin Okami to headline UFC 122 on Spike TV in Germany

UFC 122 is set to take place on November 12 in Oberhausen, Germany. The event will air on Spike TV in the United States via tape delay. And now, it looks like UFC 122 has a main event.

From The Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer (via Bloody Elbow):

Vitor Belfort vs. Yushin Okami will be the main event of UFC 122 on 11/13 in Oberhausen, Germany. This will be a Spike show in the U.S. The winner will likely face the Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen winner for the middleweight title sometime next year.

I think most people probably saw this match up coming. With Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen set to run it back sometime early next year, Belfort and Okami were left behind to face each other with a title shot awaiting the winner.

Belfort of course has been nursing an injury that kept him out of his scheduled UFC 112 title fight against Anderson Silva earlier this year. "The Phenom" was last seen in action at UFC 103 where he finished Rich Frankin in the first round in his first fight back with the promotion since 2005.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/141712/tweetor-belfort.jpg

Report: UFC 123: 'Rampage vs Machida' booked for Nov. 20 in Auburn Hills, MI

Two former UFC light heavyweight champions, Quinton Jackson and Lyoto Machida, have reportedly found a location to host their main event match-up to determine which fighter gets back into the 205-pound title hunt.

The Detroit Free Press brings word that The Palace of Auburn Hills will present the UFC 123: "Rampage vs Machida" pay-per-view (PPV) on November 20 in Auburn Hills, Michigan.

And the Detroit suburb couldn't be happier, according to Dr. James Weber, chair of the Michigan Unarmed Combat Commission:

"My understanding is that it is a done deal. Detroit deserves this. It is a boxing and MMA town. It would be a great boost to the economy and represents the character, fight and will of the people in this area. It is a dream of mine come true."

Jackson (30-8) returned to cage fighting after a self-imposed exile that allowed him to participate in the A-Team movie as boyhood idol "B.A. Baracus."

this is an interesting fight.. wonder if these two can bounce back from their defeats. its a kinda funny scenario, machida knocked out evans and evans defeated rampage, now its machida and rampage's turn to fight..

Much as I love Quinton... I'm betting on Machida in this one (that is unless he is not a hundred percent okay 'mentally' after that crushing defeat he suffered against Shogun). Again, styles make fights and IMO Machida's elusive style will prove to be to puzzling to Rampage, who we saw had a significant 'speed' handicap against Rashad Evans when they duked it out.

He has one punch knockout power though... and that might prove to be the equalizer in this one.