• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

i think vera should take at least one more crack at the heavyweight title before fedor joins the ufc.. if that happens, then he should definitely move down to lhw coz there is a slim chance of anyone really beating fedor at his game.. btw, is there any chance that he can also move all the way down to middleweight? bisping once said that he walks around at 230 lbs and cutting down 40+lbs of weight did him wonders as of now.. that is, until he fights anderson silva.. :D

kaya nya siguro but he would be really skinny at 185. Anyhow here's me with Brandon around 2006 while he was preparing for Assuerio Silva. Took the time to be with us at Sprawl MMA at UP Diliman. He wasn't as famous back then.

I'm around 5'10 so judging from the pic he's about 6'2 so 6'2, 185 lbs. is possible pero yun nga ang payat na nya non sobra.

post-176971-1213336047.jpg

Edited by geneticfreak

Oo! 185lbs. at 6'2 ft. payat na masyado yun! Look at M. Bisping! Improve lang ng ground game ni Vera, OK sya sa HeavyWeight he's not undersized, look at Fedor 6 ft. flat lang sya yet he's the best heavyweight out there! UFC in Manila so I've heard but not anytime soon... they havent been to Brazil or Japan yet!? Mga 1-2 years pa cguro before they visit Manila. URCC 12 lapit na pala! WAR Caloy Baduria! KO by rnd. 1 :thumbsupsmiley:

yes he is undersized

at 225 brandon has the beginnings of a gut already, he's easily overpowered by bigger and heavier opponents, and he doesn't have the mass to deal with it

Fedor is a natural heavyweight, I bet he walks around at 230 - 245 and cuts just a little prior to a fight.

Brandon on the other hand seems to be a natural LHW.

----

anyway Rickson Gracie bitchslaps the incredible hulk in the new incredible hulk movie

which makes it the most awesomest movie of all time now

im not sure if "payat" is the right term kasi look at anderson silva.. 6'2 din sya and 185 lbs pero parang chicken legs nga lang sya..

pero i do agree na ideal weight para kay vera is lhw dahil bukod sa mas malaki na sya sa mga opponents nya, wala pang masyadong fighters na nagdominate sa division na yan.. Although you can say na deep talaga ang talent level sa lhw, with proper specific opponent training, he can also string up consecutive wins just like he did when he started fighting in the ufc.. ang mga nakikita ko lang na mga opponents na medyo mahihirapan sya is yung mga kagaya nila thiago silva and lyoto machida.. i dont think mahihirapan sya masyado sa mga knockout artists like wanderlei, iceman and rampage kasi he's proven that he can take a hit..

UFC 88: Chuck Liddell vs Rashad Evans main event likely

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell (21-5) will likely take on Rashad Evans (11-0-1) during the UFC 88 main event at the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Ga., on Saturday, September 6.

MMAmania.com learned about the match up several weeks ago; however, an independent ESPN.com report has today confirmed the possibility, indicating that bout agreements have not been signed despite verbal commitments.

The pair was originally booked to headline the UFC 85: “Bedlam” pay-per-view (PPV) on June 7; however, a hamstring injury forced the “Iceman” off the card. Rather than take a risky fight against a dangerous and unknown opponent such as Luis Arthur Cane on short notice, Evans, too, opted to postpone his appearance at the London show.

Liddell rebounded from back-to-back losses in 2007 to outpoint Wanderlei Silva in a thrilling three-round war at UFC 79: “Nemesis” back in December. He was initially supposed to meet up with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (not Evans) at UFC 85, but an injury to the Brazilian forced him to pull out of the monster showdown.

Most reports indicate that Rua will not be fit until the latter part of 2008, making it difficult for Liddell — the organization’s top draw and its most recognizable fighter — to sit on the sidelines and wait.

Evans has actually been out of action longer than Liddell — he hasn’t competed since a split decision win over Michael Bisping at UFC 78: “Validation” back in November 2007.

The undefeated heavyweight winner of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 2 has won six straight fights inside the Octagon (with a draw against Tito Ortiz in there) and will certainly cement his status as a top contender in the loaded light heavyweight division with a win over Liddell.

It’s a huge opportunity.

This recent development means that the rumors that UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva would move up to 205 pounds to challenge Liddell were nothing more than speculation … at least for now.

Wanderlei Silva vs Brandon Vera?

MMAmania.com learned over the weekend that promising heavyweight Cain Velesquez has been approached about making an appearance. In addition, Sherdog.com is reporting that Wanderlei Silva and Brandon Vera have also been contacted about getting in on the action — possibly against one another.

“The Truth” is a heavyweight; however, back-to-back losses perhaps signal a weight cut to 205 pounds. Silva, on the other hand, mulled a move to middleweight prior to smashing Keith Jardine at UFC 84: “Ill Will” last month.

While nothing is official — and the report is careful to point out that a light heavyweight match up between Silva and Vera is not a lock — it looks as if at least either fighter if not both will headline the special if it comes together.

Wanderlei Silva vs Brandon Vera?

MMAmania.com learned over the weekend that promising heavyweight Cain Velesquez has been approached about making an appearance. In addition, Sherdog.com is reporting that Wanderlei Silva and Brandon Vera have also been contacted about getting in on the action — possibly against one another.

“The Truth” is a heavyweight; however, back-to-back losses perhaps signal a weight cut to 205 pounds. Silva, on the other hand, mulled a move to middleweight prior to smashing Keith Jardine at UFC 84: “Ill Will” last month.

While nothing is official — and the report is careful to point out that a light heavyweight match up between Silva and Vera is not a lock — it looks as if at least either fighter if not both will headline the special if it comes together.

kung totoo man ito, i hope makabawi si Vera. although this will be a very BIG challenge for him.

Bro,I don't think his guard is shitty at all. I had a chance to train with him back when he was preparing for Assuerio Silva (he was here in manila at that time and he was kind enough to grace a training session of SPRAWL MMA and lead the practice he still wasn't that famous then) and he does have a good guard. Lets not forget that he himself is a BJJ Brownbelt and is a former Grappler's Quest Heavyweight Champion. The level of Werdum's BJJ is just such a high level. That guard pass straight to mount was quite something.

I just didn't expect him to take Brandon down that easily.

Anyhow moving on,yah I agree with some of you here that he should move down in weight. Kayang kaya naman niya e the problem is he just likes eating too much and eating carbs at that. Back then when he trained with us he told us that there was a time that all he did eat for a couple of months was pancakes,cakes and ice cream. He weighed in at 228 for the fight with werdum. Forrest Griffin cuts down from 240. Kayang kaya naman niya mag LHW e.

The referees were kinda sloppy a couple of times during the last UFC. Una the premature stoppage in Brandon's fight tapos that 'sloppy' deduction by Herb Dean in Marquardt's fight which cost him the win against Leites.

exactly my point chief, true he is a BJJ brownie but to tell you honestly man, his guard is really weak compared to the fighters in weight class. maybe its not really shitty, but it does look shitty when a Werdum passes it, or let say he drops weight class & finds himself across the octagon against Thiago Silva, he'd be subbed in my opinion chief. i guess what i really want to say is he should improve his ground game if he wants to continue slugging it out in HW with fighters 20 lbs or more heavier than him. ummm strength training would help too.

i think vera should take at least one more crack at the heavyweight title before fedor joins the ufc.. if that happens, then he should definitely move down to lhw coz there is a slim chance of anyone really beating fedor at his game.. btw, is there any chance that he can also move all the way down to middleweight? bisping once said that he walks around at 230 lbs and cutting down 40+lbs of weight did him wonders as of now.. that is, until he fights anderson silva.. :D

mashado mababa MW pra kay Vera chief i think. si Fedor siksik ang katawan eh, kahit na 6 flat siya, solid na solid naman katawan nya, mas mukhang matigas pa nga katawan ni Fedor kesa kay Aleksander eh, tsaka mas nakakatakot tignan si Fedor kesa sa utol nya. ^_^