Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Kimbo Vs Tank Abbott In February For EliteXC

This fight might finally happen. After many on again off again rounds of problems both fighters are healthy and willing to fight.

Kimbo’s long-awaited heavyweight showdown with former UFC tough man Tank Abbott is slated to be the main event of EliteXC’s show on Saturday, February 16.

Being shown on Showtime at 10:00 p.m. ET, the fight is expected to come from Miami, Florida. The arena has not been announced but the University of Miami has been put out there as a location.

Also on the fight card is Australian Kyle Noke and former UFC fighter Scott Smith. Antonio Silva and James “Colossus” Thompson are scheduled to compete on the card as well, in more bouts.

Slice and Abbott had been scheduled to fight each other on October 12 in Atlantic City, NJ. However, Cage Fury Fighting Championships ran into financial troubles and was forced to cancel the event. After the cancellation Slice became a free agent and signed a contract with EliteXC.

manoy boxing and mixed martial arts gym will open this coming january 2 located at j&f bldg 4th flr. anonas lrt aurora cubao. bet st joseph church and anson. for more details please contact coach randy biron. pm me if you are interested.

now open!

Rates are:

membership fee: P500

Unlimited (1 month) - P2000

12 sessions (1 month) - P1500

I think it'll be Machida vs Ortiz.

Machida already signed the contract. Waiting for Tito na lang :)

WTF!?!?!? I dont understand why Dana White is keeping someone like Machida as just "one of the boys". :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: Machida should be given a title shot... Pero ok na rin yan, so that that "blonde assh*le" can taste a real, serious spanking.

WTF!?!?!? I dont understand why Dana White is keeping someone like Machida as just "one of the boys". :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: Machida should be given a title shot... Pero ok na rin yan, so that that "blonde assh*le" can taste a real, serious spanking.

I think Dana wants an explosive fighter to fight the current champ and i think Machida is not that explosive like other fighters. and I think Dana is not making match. i believe it is the the job of Joe Silva.

Eh kung Fedor Emilianenko vs Tito Ortiz?

on what div? i dont think ortiz will step up for this! remember the dodging he did w/ liddell? haha that man has no balls! anyway, how about arlovski vs cro cop? two stand-up fighters! what do you think guys?

San ieair yung ufc 80? sa balls ba? Please advise.

yes. but if ur not a sky cable user then wait for the replay on chnl 23 around 10-11pm! hope 'tis will help!

all i can say with the UFC right now is that i can't believe this sh*t that's happening between Dana White and Randy "the Natural" Couture. Couture is one of the best MMA has to offer and i thought he was a straight up dude... i guess i was wrong. but then again there's always two sides to the story.

all i can say with the UFC right now is that i can't believe this sh*t that's happening between Dana White and Randy "the Natural" Couture. Couture is one of the best MMA has to offer and i thought he was a straight up dude... i guess i was wrong. but then again there's always two sides to the story.

sh*t happens dude! but i do respect randy's decision regarding his retirement! he's not fighting for money nor pride, he's fighting because he wants to prove that he's one of the best if not the best MMA fighter there is... if he think no one is in w/ his level except fedor then its his right to retire right? i just think fedor is the most overrated player in all sports. why? just because the great dont dodge his opponent... hihi

sh*t happens dude! but i do respect randy's decision regarding his retirement! he's not fighting for money nor pride, he's fighting because he wants to prove that he's one of the best if not the best MMA fighter there is... if he think no one is in w/ his level except fedor then its his right to retire right? i just think fedor is the most overrated player in all sports. why? just because the great dont dodge his opponent... hihi

yep! UFC offered Fedor the best contact (based on the statement of randy couture) there is, much better that Chuck! but he did not accept it. It could have made him the "best" fighter on the planet if hedominate the HW division (which i dont believe he can) and probably made him the richest fighter in MMA today.

Its a golden opportunity:

1. prove that you are really the best

2. get the juiciest contract

3. and be the new face of UFC

or maybe the Pride-to-UFC glitz will hit him too like CroCop,Soko,Chonan,Werdum,Shogun and Wand or maybe follow Rampage and A. Silva.

Gusto ko lang itanung sa mga nag MMA. Sa pag kaalam ko kc its called MMA because it combines striking and grapling. Ang tanung ko does it make it better to other martial arts who just practice striking like TKD or Muay Thai or Grappling like Judo or BJJ?

May narinig din kc ako nag comment na since MMA fighters are oriented to fight in the ring di sila ganun ka effective sa street fight againts thugs and such dahil limited ang techniques na ginagamit sa ring. Salamat in advace to those who will clarify.

MMA is better than "all" martial arts (I say "ALL", take note) in the sense that it is a combination of every martial arts imaginable and there is a lot of improvement, especially if you want to apply some "techniques" in every aspect of it...

And no, MMA is most effective in streets than in the ring/cage simply because there is no rule in street fighting and you can maim or even k*ll someone if you use your MMA skills with reckless disregard in the streets... Except, of course, yung BJJ. Hindi ka makikipag-away kalye na nakahiga lang lagi...

tinigin ko lang po kc parang masyado diverse un skills na kailangan malaman sa MMA unlike other martial arts who just practice either striking or grappling. Para bang doctor na may specialization unlike a general practitioner lang.

panu po naging effective ang MMA sa streets kung panay ang training ay for the ring na may rules and conditions? Thanks for the comment. hope some one would comment regarding other martial arts they practice.

I basically created this thread to make a comparison with other martial art styles. All styles claim they are the best in this and that so i would like their opinion on why they think their style is the best.

MMA is the best since you can use all of the said martial arts and even boxing! the fighters should not really on their stricking nor grappling alone! it should be balance... the MMA fighters are mostly well-rounded in every aspect of fighting!

and i dont think MMA fighters arent effective against thugs in the streets! i just dont think thugs will fight fair, its just fighting barehands w/ mob or worse a person w/ a weapon!

UFC 80: Rapid Fire results

1. Sam Stout (155) def. Per Eklund (155) via unanimous decision

2. Alessio Sakara (206) def. James Lee (206) via TKO (strikes) - R1 (1:30)

3. Paul Kelly (170) def. Paul Taylor (170) via unanimous decision

4. Antoni Hardonk (244) def. Colin Robinson (238) via TKO (strikes) - R1 (0:17)

5. Jorge Rivera (185) def. Kendall Grove (186) via TKO (strikes) - R1 (1:20)

6. Wilson Gouveia (205) def. Jason Lambert (204) via TKO (strikes) - R2 (0:37)

7. Marcus Davis (169) def. Jess Liaudin (170) via KO - R1 (1:04)

8. Fabricio Werdum (247) def. Gabriel Gonzaga (255) via TKO (strikes) - R2 (4:34)

9. BJ Penn (154) def. Joe Stevenson (154) via sub (guillotine choke) - R2 (4:02)