• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

yup. sakuraba fought in the ufc. controversial kasi, at first natalo si sakuraba (fight was stopped by the referee). but after reviewing the fight, it was judged that John Mc cartney made an error in stopping a fight. stepladder pa ang format and ang kalaban dapat ng nanalo sa fight ni sakuraba nag back out because of injury. so Sakuraba and his opponent fought again (fought 2x in the same night, 1st time it happened in ufc). in their 2nd match, sakuraba won by submission. sakuraba made me a believer. i've always believed that he could win against gracie bec they were almost the same size (in fact Sakuraba was heftier). didnt think he had a chance against bigger opponents in the ufc. but he did. just wished he fought more often in the ufc. but i guess he preferred to be based in japan where he is treated as a god

Edited by bakedzitiguy
  • 4 weeks later...
yup. sakuraba fought in the ufc.  controversial kasi, at first natalo si sakuraba (fight was stopped by the referee).  but after reviewing the fight, it was judged that John Mc cartney made an error in stopping a fight. stepladder pa ang format and ang kalaban dapat ng nanalo sa fight ni sakuraba nag back out because of injury. so Sakuraba and his opponent fought again  (fought 2x in the same night, 1st time it happened in ufc).  in their 2nd match, sakuraba won by submission.  sakuraba made me a believer. i've always believed that he could win against gracie bec they were almost the same size (in fact Sakuraba was heftier).  didnt think he had a chance against bigger opponents in the ufc.  but he did.  just wished he fought more often in the ufc.  but i guess he preferred to be based in japan where he is treated as a god

Ayaw daw sumakay ni Sakuraba sa Eroplano kaya di sya pwedeng pumunta ng US. Di ko lang alam kung ayaw nya rin ng barko.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

presently training in kickboxing National Kickboxing Fed. (NATKICK) ang galing magturo n instructor sa amoranto stadium yung gym,800 monthly lang ang bayad mababait ang mga tao,mura and quality training talaga , dito din nagtrain one of the tulfo bros. some celebs .... one big familyang turingan dito...the instructor is jun francisco 5 time kickboxing champ,a yawyan senior , yung mga ibang nanalo sa last fearless fighting last week dito din nagtrain....try to visit the gym mwf 4-8pm tth 930-1130am,6-8, sat 930-1130,4-6pm quality for your money....very affordable

WOW! It took me three days to read everything from page 1 to 44 (during breaks at work). Ang daming replies dito! Nakakatuwa namang madami palang martial arts fanatics sa MTC.

Someone mentioned that there is a teacher in Don Bosco Makati who teaches hsing-i-chuan, baguazhang and taichi. Any additional information on this? Can someone confirm this? Perhaps you would know the name, contact number, schedule... etc.? Also, what kind of hsing-i, pakua and tai chi is practiced here?

Again, someone likewise asked what the Internal Martial Arts (IMA) are. And the reply that came was to identify hsingichuan, baguazhang and taichi ONLY. I'd like to clarify that YES, all three are Chinese Internal Martial Arts. BUT, there's more. The 3 identified above are known as the "BIG THREE", meaning - there is a large following of practitioners globally (at least 10 Million for taichi). But - there are more Internal Martial Arts. To give a listing of IMAs, please see below:

Hsin-i Chuan (xiniquan)

Hsin-i-liu-he Chuan (xiniliuhequan)

Hsing-i-Chuan (xingyiquan)

Baguazhang (pakua chang)

Tai Chi Chuan (taijiquan)

I-Chuan (yiquan, dachengchuan)

Liu He Pa Fa (liuhopafa, lok-hop-pat-fat, liuhubafa)

Wan Yun Hat Fei (don*tknowtheotherchinesename)

**clarification lang: may mga ibang External Martial Arts na may halong Internal. Samples would be Praying Mantis and Tibetan White Crane. There is also a Japanese Internal MA - called Rei Ki Ken (againsorrydon*tknowtheotherjapanesename). This originated from Hsing-i Chuan in China & was renamed when the practitioner brought it back to Japan. Most of these arts find their roots in Taoist origins.

**correction lang po: Baguazhang is not the least practiced of the IMA. It is the least practiced of the BIG THREE. And yet, its following is so large that the Chinese Government had to build a stadium in Guangzhou that dwarfs Megamall, so that visitors who come to study it from all over the globe could be housed. It has been three years, and it is STILL under construction. Ganun kalaki. Wan Yun Hat Fei (in english, One Chi) is the oldest recorded IMA and is the least practiced of all the IMA. One of the teachers of WYHF named master Connie Coneljo from Hong Kong (now residing in Australia) - visited the Philippines and taught parts of it to a few lucky Filipinos (myself not included).

**some people in the Chinese IMA Community, do not consider I-Chuan to be Internal.

**mayroon ding Internal MA na hindi galing sa China. May galing din sa India at Indonesia. Pero, kung "classic" definition ang susundan - kailangang Taoist ang origin para maging "Internal". Iba kasi ang Indian & Indonesian MA... ang definition nila kung ano ang Internal... medyo... nai-iba. Hindi kasi Chi and pinaguusapan, kundi Pran-nha. May tantric magic pa...

**pinaka-importanteng clarification: ang WUSHU ay may mga forms competition ng taichi, pakua, liuhopafa at iba pa... hindi ito Internal. Internal is Internal. Forms are just forms. Very few people even in China know how to teach forms in such a way to make you internal. Then again, you have I-chuan which has no forms whatsoever, and yet - it is called Internal.

Some of you might find it interesting that with the sole exception of Hsin-i, all other Chinese Internal Martial Arts styles mentioned above are taught/practiced in the Philippines.

BTW, does anyone here practice IMA?

presently training in kickboxing National Kickboxing Fed. (NATKICK) ang galing magturo n instructor sa amoranto stadium yung gym,800 monthly lang ang bayad mababait ang mga tao,mura and quality training talaga , dito din nagtrain one of the tulfo bros. some celebs .... one big familyang turingan dito...the instructor is jun francisco 5 time kickboxing champ,a yawyan senior , yung mga ibang nanalo sa last fearless fighting last week dito din nagtrain....try to visit the gym mwf 4-8pm tth 930-1130am,6-8, sat 930-1130,4-6pm quality for your money....very affordable

hi!! do they have contact number? for inquries?

what do I need to get started?

Kick boxing sounds really nice.. I heard its a really nice stress reliever...

any bits of info would be greatly appreciated...

CorkY!! naks very well versed ka pala sa ganyang mga bagay!! galing...

any tips for a new comer like me...