Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Hello everyone,

This is a bit off-topic but I was wondering if any of our members here at MTC can provide us with information of a possible location where we can teach and practice Arnis. For the past few days, we've been receiving inquiries on people that are interested in learning Arnis. The problem is, currently we are practicing it at a location that is not convienient for a lot of people (Morayta). If there's anybody who might know of a location preferably Makati, Pasay or Manila (Taft Ave. area), that would be really helpful. The place doesn't have to be exclusively for us, we could share space from existing gyms. And if we can get a space thats right for us, we can offer other stuff like tai chi and womens self defense because our teacher is also knowledgabe in those as well.

Just PM me on details and thank you for this chance in air this appeal.......

Kentoten

Hello everyone,

This is a bit off-topic but I was wondering if any of our members here at MTC can provide us with information of a possible location where we can teach and practice Arnis. For the past few days, we've been receiving inquiries on people that are interested in learning Arnis. The problem is, currently we are practicing it at a location that is not convienient for a lot of people (Morayta). If there's anybody who might know of a location preferably Makati, Pasay or Manila (Taft Ave. area), that would be really helpful. The place doesn't have to be exclusively for us, we could share space from existing gyms. And if we can get a space thats right for us, we can offer other stuff like tai chi and womens self defense because our teacher is also knowledgabe in those as well.

Just PM me on details and thank you for this chance in air this appeal.......

Kentoten

Sana pati hours of training flexible din Morning sessions. Kasi gabi lang ang classes niyo. The locations try affiliating yourselves with some schools. The La salle Doce pares, Sa UP Lightning scientific. They would be very glad to accommodate you. I'll try lookin into it, and ask mga alumni ng reputable schools sa taft area.

Sana pati hours of training flexible din Morning sessions. Kasi gabi lang ang classes niyo. The locations try affiliating yourselves with some schools. The La salle Doce pares, Sa UP Lightning scientific. They would be very glad to accommodate you. I'll try lookin into it, and ask mga alumni ng reputable schools sa taft area.

We tried to have a morning class, but we found out that a bulk of our students are working yuppies in their 20's. There were no students who wants to take morning classes. As for hooking up with other arnis clubs in schools, we try to avoid having to compete over the students who wants to take the art. We won't encroach on a school that already has an arnis program and club. It is out of respect to the other arnis groups. If there is a school that don't have arnis in their program or a gym that has TKD, Karate, Aikido but has no arnis, maybe we can offer our services.

BTW, thanks for helping us. Maybe one of these days if you have the time, you could drop by to our place and see us train. Oh, bring sticks too so you can participate :D

We tried to have a morning class, but we found out that a bulk of our students are working yuppies in their 20's. There were no students who wants to take morning classes. As for hooking up with other arnis clubs in schools, we try to avoid having to compete over the students who wants to take the art. We won't encroach on a school that already has an arnis program and club. It is out of respect to the other arnis groups. If there is a school that don't have arnis in their program or a gym that has TKD, Karate, Aikido but has no arnis, maybe we can offer our services.

BTW, thanks for helping us. Maybe one of these days if you have the time, you could drop by to our place and see us train. Oh, bring sticks too so you can participate :D

ei dude, why dont you try to offer you services in pinnacle branch of new breed jiu-jitsu, headed by myles vives... i used to train there but right now i stopped coz of my loaded sched...

krav maga? american combatives? where could i go to get some training. i think learning these styles are best for today's world. MY FEMALE FRIENDS GOT A TASTE OF STREET VIOLENCE LAST WEEK IN LIBIS WHILE CLUBBING. SOME GUYS THOUGHT THEY WERE FAIR GAME AND TRIED TO FORCE THEM INTO THEIR VAN. HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR SOME BYSTANDERS, WHO KNOWS WHAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPEN. SO MY FRIENDS ARE ASKING WHERE THEY COULD GET SOME AUTHENTIC TRAINING. GUNS AAND KNIVES ARE TOO LETHAL AND CAUSE LEGAL PREDICAMENTS. PLEASE HELP ME OUT FOR MY FRIENDS SAKE.

dude as far as i know... wala yatang krav maga school dito sa pinas eh, it originates in israel by d way...

dude as far as i know... wala yatang krav maga school dito sa pinas eh, it originates in israel by d way...

the joker, obviously krav maga originated from Israel. what i was trying to imply was if there is a school here., considering that filipinos are very fond of catching new trends, fads specifically foreign. For instance BJJ, promoters of the grappling craze that swept most of the world, has its minions here. I was hoping that krav maga as well as other combatives which drew enormous interest after 9/11 have somehow had a foothold here. These are just for clarifications no malice intented.

the joker, obviously krav maga originated from Israel. what i was trying to imply was if there is a school here., considering that filipinos are very fond of catching new trends, fads specifically foreign. For instance BJJ, promoters of the grappling craze that swept most of the world, has its minions here. I was hoping that krav maga as well as other combatives which drew enormous interest after 9/11 have somehow had a foothold here. These are just for clarifications no malice intented.

np dude, peace!!! mabuhay ang pakikidigmang pilipino!!!

ei dude, why dont you try to offer you services in pinnacle branch of new breed jiu-jitsu, headed by myles vives... i used to train there but right now i stopped coz of my loaded sched...

Hi Joker,

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to check it out. Is it ok if I mention you as a referrence? You can PM me if we can talk about this.......

• 2 weeks later...

for those who enjoy striking tournaments, there will be a world muay thai tourney this august 21 at the ultra. four members of the filipino team will be competing together with some fighters from thailand, holland, us, and others....

bad news is that the prices are ridiculously high - as in RIDICULOUSLY HIGH!!! P500 FOR GALLERY!!!!!!!!!!

i hope they reconsider the prices, or you can probably pay some scalper or guard to let you in

anyone in the know. I read in the Rapid journal mag that Elmer Ybanez. one of the foremost exponent of Lightning Scientific Arnis died. I am just curious on how this came about. Kasi he is relativey young to die at such an age. Is it due to a disease? I do hope it was not of tragic circumtances, like those that have befallen other martial artists. Any way, condolences to his family.

• 2 weeks later...

Goodday Comrades,

Just want to ask if anyone among you guys know an Official Pancrase Organization here in the Phil.? I read frm the net that there is,but they did not specify where. I'm not refering to the Pankration Org. there in Pasig, Im refering to the Pancrase Martial art where Bas rutten and Yuki Kondo came from ..Your help will definitely be appreciated..

• 2 weeks later...

two nights ago I was accosted by three men (dalawang payat and one robust guy) while opening the door of my car somewhere near Camelot Hotel (mother ignacia). Mga 5'6" ang payat at 5'8" si taba. They started shoving me, pero they did not ask for any money, and or the keys to my car. I use a Swiss army knife as a key chain holder and was able to open the reamer. The next guy that shoved me, (si taba) I drove the reamer in his arm and push him towards the two other guys. When they stumbled down I started kicking their faces and when they tried to cover their faces, I ran towards the Tropical hut fastfood. and luckily they did not give chase. Swerte pa ako, had they been armed baka I might have gotten wounded or worse. I usually carry a defensive folder or balisong but dahil sa dami ng checkpoints ngayon hindi na. My question is what is legality of carrying defensive knives in the Phils.? My last swiss army was deemed a weapon sa checkpoint at inarbor ng pulis, then they let me go. Knives are the only option nowadays (guns, maraming restrictions tear gas wa effect pag multiple assailants cane cumbersome to carry)

<smart-arse>

some tips that might come in handy.

-carry a kubotan. they're not illegal and are great for striking, gouging, as a fist loader, and for use in restraints and holds as a pain compliance tool. they also double as a great keyholder.

-aside from a kubotan i also have a steel "cross" brand pen, any pen will do actually, i just prefer cross. brilliant for stabbing.

-if i'm going into an area i know is risky, i carry an atm card that i've sharpened on two edges. great for slashing, especially across the face. try to slash across the forehead, this makes the blood go into the eyes. the card doesn't need to be sharpened, i just like adding the extra touch.

one night we were jumped by some angry coons. they were drunk, large, and very aggressive. the nigger who jumped me tackled me from the side and i ended up on my back with this smelly motherf**ker on top. gave me a couple of good punches to the face as well.

to stop any further attempts to re-arrange my face via his fists, i pulled my kubotan and drove it into his left eyeball. end of fight. he was screaming like a bitch with blood pissing down the side of his face. the other two reacted as all good cowards do. they took off.

was that excessive? in my opinion, no. ok, i blinded him in one eye, but i originally wanted to go for my tactical folder and perform some amateur surgery on him. if he was armed, and by armed i mean if he had anything i believe could be used as a weapon against me, even if he had a f**king lollipop in one hand, i would have gone for the blade.

doesn't matter where in the world you live, s**t happens. like the saying says: better tried by twelve than carried by six

Hellspawn gave some very good suggestions :cool: Keep on fightin...... :evil:

smart-ass,

I know that place that you've been to. Mag-iingat ka diyan sa area na yan, pre. The sqatters colony beside Camelot is a haven of petty criminals. I've heard a lot of incidents in that vicinity for years. Buti na lang at di ka ginripo ng mga yan. Let me look into our Revised Penal Code about carrying knives. I'll get back to you.....

Goodday Comrades,

Just want to ask if anyone among you guys know an Official Pancrase Organization here in the Phil.? I read frm the net that there is,but they did not specify where. I'm not refering to the Pankration Org. there in Pasig, Im refering to the Pancrase Martial art where Bas rutten and Yuki Kondo came from ..Your help will definitely be appreciated..

ako rin im also looking for a Pancrase club...Anyone knows one?

• 1 month later...

info lang po. anybody offer courses in self-defense CQC in conjunction with combat shooting? Just completed a course in basic combat shooting in Taguig but I found this very much wanting as to the one my relative took in the US sa GUNsite wherein package deal. wherein lahat ng conceivable scenario in a violent encounter is taken into account. Anyone offer a similar course here?

• 4 weeks later...

ei sup alphamale and fatso! im glad there are mma fans here! i thought this thread will be closed hehehe!

alphamale-x- im from deftac, my discipline is bjj but i also train to box and kickbox and some aikido when i was a kid! hehe and some knowledge about weapons! how about u?

fatso8- this match will be the biggest event in local mma history if made possible but i guess this will not happen because sir alvin is planning to compete internationally and i guess he'll let his students shine in the local mma cmpetition and he don't need to prove anything no more.. 4 all i know.. he is the greatest fighter here.. not because im training undr him but when u c him fight... damn... thats ol i can say hehe! and of course mr. miles vives is really a good fighter too..he won several competitions internationally, we talked once about this fantasy fight.. he's willing to fight against sir alvin but he told me that its really impossible! well i just hope ive answered ur question! i really admire this 2 great warriors! lets support local mma!!! thanks...

hi alphamale-x! im glad to know u! its not the team that makes a good fighter.. its how bad u really want to be a great fighter! hehe we'r all mma fans here.. no matter where we came from! hmmm.. mr richard lasprilla is undefeated in the urcc and i guess he is the best grappler in his weight division.. the match erwin vs richard will happen soon because i know the reason why erwin fought in the urcc is to prove himself and to get the championshp belt in his division! mr. erwin lost in the fight against mr. miles vives in fearless but he is a top contender 4 sure.. he won the grapplers cup this year and he won an award (best competitor of the year) this match up will happen soon! i hope in the next urcc.. it wud be 1 hell of a match! its like deftac vs pasukuan part 2!!!! hehe