The Car Buying Guide - Brand New Cars

need help peeps, balak ko bili ng second hand car sa pnas pano ba tumawad lets say yung car is 1.6 million gano kababa yung pede ko itawad na reasonable naman sa mayari .totoo ba na mahirap tawaran yung mga buy and sell people? salamat sa mag rereply

it's better you you can get a vehicle sa mga direct owners. at least malalaman mo kung anung history ng sasakyan. unlike dun sa mga buy and sell people, may possbility na lolokohin ka. kung tawaran lang, siyampre konti lang at hindi masyadong malaking tawad ang makukuha mo.

regarding sa car na bibilhin mo, ask yourself kung anung purpose mo kaya kukuha ka ng sasakyan. para lumiit yung search parameters mo.

but to give you an idea. you will need to consider na flood prone ang Metro manila. so, getting a car might not be suitable lalo na kung lumulubog ang area of residence mo. fuel cost ang isa pa. Getting an Expedition may not be right since yayariin ka sa fuel allowance nun. you may also consider kung sino sino ang magiging pasahero mo.

hope that helps.

it's better you you can get a vehicle sa mga direct owners. at least malalaman mo kung anung history ng sasakyan. unlike dun sa mga buy and sell people, may possbility na lolokohin ka. kung tawaran lang, siyampre konti lang at hindi masyadong malaking tawad ang makukuha mo.

regarding sa car na bibilhin mo, ask yourself kung anung purpose mo kaya kukuha ka ng sasakyan. para lumiit yung search parameters mo.

but to give you an idea. you will need to consider na flood prone ang Metro manila. so, getting a car might not be suitable lalo na kung lumulubog ang area of residence mo. fuel cost ang isa pa. Getting an Expedition may not be right since yayariin ka sa fuel allowance nun. you may also consider kung sino sino ang magiging pasahero mo.

hope that helps.

salamat sa reply actually the car im looking for is an sti para sa pinsan ko kaso budget ko lng is 1.3 mil im hoping for a 04 sti kaso lahat ng nakikitako are around 1.7 tsaka puro buy and sell

The Vios 1.5G is a good buy, almost encroaching the 1.6 liter territory and it's the top-tier of the Vios line so you can expect additional creature comforts.

The Jazz 1.5 VTEC gives really good fuel economy but in my humble opinion, it's a tad pricey for the amount of sheet metal you get.

The Civic has abandoned the 1.6 engine in favor of a 1.8 or a 2.0 (I heard their 1.8 liter gives fuel economy equivalent to a 1.5 so this should also be a nice consideration if you're gunning for economy).

But if we really stick to the brand-new 1.6 liter models, I guess the Altis is the most practical 1.6. It's got the VVTi engine for fuel economy (this won the DOE econo-run some years back, just before the jazz and vios dislodged it). Plus, it's got a good build quality and high resale value.

• 2 weeks later...

Bro, rather than buying an ML (if its the previous Model), go with an X5. You'll enjoy it more compared to the ML. The previous model of the ML is a Lemon! Medyo sirain and it aint that reliable...

im saving for a black MB ML 320.. still a long way tho...i just have to be contented with the old yet dependable red mustang in the garage for the meantime...
Edited by mAIRj

bro, if youre looking for a ride (up to now) just send me a PM what car youre looking for... baka meron ako in stock. I'll try to give you the best deal possible :cool:

need help peeps, balak ko bili ng second hand car sa pnas pano ba tumawad lets say yung car is 1.6 million gano kababa yung pede ko itawad na reasonable naman sa mayari .totoo ba na mahirap tawaran yung mga buy and sell people? salamat sa mag rereply
The Vios 1.5G is a good buy, almost encroaching the 1.6 liter territory and it's the top-tier of the Vios line so you can expect additional creature comforts.

The Jazz 1.5 VTEC gives really good fuel economy but in my humble opinion, it's a tad pricey for the amount of sheet metal you get.

The Civic has abandoned the 1.6 engine in favor of a 1.8 or a 2.0 (I heard their 1.8 liter gives fuel economy equivalent to a 1.5 so this should also be a nice consideration if you're gunning for economy).

But if we really stick to the brand-new 1.6 liter models, I guess the Altis is the most practical 1.6. It's got the VVTi engine for fuel economy (this won the DOE econo-run some years back, just before the jazz and vios dislodged it). Plus, it's got a good build quality and high resale value.

how can a 1.8 engine achieve economy comparable to a 1.5 displacement engine??