• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The Mail Box

PV,

That I be asked to take precious leave-days off work, and fly twelve time zones away, almost dead center North America, near the frikkin' Canadian border, in the freezing coldest dead of winter, at personal expense, and just for a day of ice skating and for another day to tweak your exotic, limited-edition stick-shift six-speed turbocharged two-door blood-red sports car, especially given as reward for senior MBA-waving honchos like yourself, all the while adroitly fencing verbally with you, and fighting jetlag night and day, and then after a mere weekend, to be dismissed to fly back to the steaming equator, half-dead from frostbite, sleep deprivation, and from nosebleeding all over the white ground, and thence resume work, straight from the airport, still unf*cked and all, smacks of abusive muscle flexing.

Even I, blind and deaf as I am, felt that. And so did your dad, over the clink of crystal during your birthday dinner.

Where was the honour in that?

Not that the lack thereof stopped me from doing as you asked. Your wailing throaty machine now runs a few speed tickets faster whilst breathing via my new K&N kit, does it not? You got another speed ticket even before I landed back here. Breaking the highway speed limit in only 3rd gear, on a slingshot-style overtake on a nasty curve, while at night, snow on the road, tires skidding, your double-declutching engine revs soaring sky-high...and the cops close behind.

I'd never regret those machine tricks I taught you. Amongst the other tricks.

If there is one thing I am good at, it is probably anything machinery. They like to talk with me. And I know they talk with you too. Look at the way you drive, like a guy, insisting on stick-shift and rubber-smoking rear drive, never anything less, damn the costs. And at your eternal regret at declining PSHS admissions, though you had scored even higher than me in the entrance exams. You are indeed your dad's breed, that genius killer army General with 4 undergrad and 2 master's degrees in engineering, obtained those old days before Marcos permanently diminished the Army high command.

A half-dozen engineering degrees earned, with honors, and from UP-Diliman no less; no witless plebian PMA grad was he.

Perhaps today, aside from a massive inheritance from your late governor grandpa, you are also reaping the karmic goodies from your father's total refusal to serve in the lucrative private sector until retirement, not out of pride, but out of knowing that there was simply no one else out there, private or public sector, who could match the sheer genius he was supplying for country; that, especially against the sea of mainly private-sector left-overs who serve government these modern days, his smarts simply had no substitute.

In the same way that my (killer and engineer) father had no substitute, either.

Our similarities refuse to end.

As ever, you supply the breeding. And I, the blood.

And I shall see you again.

-CA

p.s - I really do not know what all that was for, other than you extracting your (rightful) pound of flesh...

Gale is the opposite of Zephyr. I don't see why you could have missed that.

Even before you ventured into the realm of the aurora, I already warned you of the danger. You insisted. Now you blame me. I am not a Juliet to your Romeo. To anybody's Romeo. I feel this is the best time to tell you so you'll skip the extravagance tomorrow.

Breakin' free...

Zee

Daddy,

I know you're watching over me ... making sure that the opportunities that come my way are just PERFECT! ;-)

It's almost a year, since you've been gone.

You're TRULY missed.

I remember you.

The stories I've heard from Tito Boy ... you sacrificed much.

Because of this ... I will live my life better. I will do better. I will not let you down and tarnish your name.

This is my pledge to you, Daddy!

I love you.

Guide us all.

May things work out for us ... as we prepare for the remembrance of your 1st Death Anniv.

A

hi

Moments we had was indeed the most memorable.. you inspire to do thing im not capable of..sharing my innermost secrets. our long walks together..can a stiffmeister and crazy i. go together? i really dont know....but i wish if you can wait...good things come then..we'll never know,do we?

i.

para sa lahat,

Hapi balentayms

oh...and to you...sorry sinadya kong ubusin load na binigay mo...pano? edi tinawagan ko landline ko at kinausap ko sarili ko! :D wahahaha! :P para di kita ma txt at makulit....so if i were you....do yourself a favor don't send me load anymore....untill....sure ka na na mahal mo ko.....kase sayang lang eh....

:heart: Iwa

Edited by iwalkalone

Dearest C,

Everybody loves somebody sometime,

Everybody falls in love somehow;

Something in your kiss just told me

My sometime is now.

Everybody finds somebody someplace

There's no telling where love may appear;

Something in my heart keeps saying

My someplace is here.

If I had it in my power,

I would arrange for every girl to have your charms.

Then every minute, every hour

Every boy would find what I found in your arms.

Everybody loves somebody sometime

And although my dreams were overdue,

Your love made it well worth waiting

For someone like you.

:)

John,

I don't know where, or how to begin. There's alot of thing I need to tell you.

I never told you, but you taught me how to live, again. For the longest time, I felt like the walking dead. Before you came along, all I did was wait for life to pass me by.

You taught me how to love, without expecting anything in return. You made me stronger. I never thought I can feel so much, in so little time.

I loved you so much. The lessons that you taught me, albeit unwittingly, will keep me going. More importantly, they made me more equipt to love more, and better, the next time around.

You'll always be special to me. But one of these days, I will learn to let go.

Edited by maldita_overload

Baby

If you're reading this then you probably have read what I posted before.

I want to give you all of me, but I'm afraid I'll never be whole again. I'm willing to give what's left of me, and I'm hoping that it be good enough for you. I've been hurt pretty bad, and I don't know when I'll heal. I'm tired of hurting, and crying, and dying over and over again.

I love you.

Please stay with me. I can't promise you anything, but this, I will love you with all that I have, with all that I am, and with everything that I can give.

I'm praying that one day, I can look you in the eye, and tell you that I'm whole again.

And, I'm not asking for anything from you. There's no need for promises, or complications, or what have you. I don't need anything. Just please let me love you, the only way I know how.

Edited by maldita_overload

Sadness fills my soul as this Valentines day. For I have noone to spend this joyous day with. I will sit and watch girls get showered with love and affection. And as i sit all alone I will remember all the happy days we spent together, I will remember the gifts and memories we shared that great day. I love you but you just dont see how much you truly mean to me. So now I'm left all alone with just the memories of your love. I wonder if you think of me and all the fun we had. You are the only one for me and forever that will stay. Even after Valentine's passes and another one draws near I will never forget the magical days when we were always together.

Edited by LoveSpell

kung sino man ang mag-atubiling basahin ito...

Ang puno't dulo ng pag-ibig

Nakakatawa talaga ang love. Isa siyang napakalaking oxymoron. Lahat ng pwede mong masabi sa kanya, baliktarin mo at totoo pa rin. Ang labo diba? Pero ang linaw.

Masaya magmahal. Malungkot magmahal. Di mo naiintindihan pero naiintindihan mo. Walang rason. Maraming rason. Di mo na kaya, pero kaya mo pa rin. Masakit magmahal. Pero okey lang. Leche, ano ba talaga?!

May kaibigan ako, sabi niya dati "Love is only for stupid people." Nakakatawa kasi laude ang standing niya, pero dumating ang panahon, na-in-love din ang hunghang. At ayun, tanga na siya ngayon. Lahat kasi ng nahahawakan ng love nagiging oxymoron din. O kaya paminsan, nagiging moron lang.

Hindi lang kasi basta baliktaran ang pag-ibig. Lahat ng bagay nababaligtad din niya. Lahat ng malalakas na tao, humihina. Ang mayayabang, nagpapakumbaba. Ang mga walang pakialam, nagiging Mother Teresa.

Ang mga henyo, nauubusan ng sagot. Ang malulungkot, sumasaya. Ang matitigas, lumalambot. (At tumitigas din ang mga bagay na madalas nama'y malambot.)

Nakakatawa talaga. Lalo na kapag dumadating siya sa mga taong ayaw na talaga magmahal. Napansin ko nga eh. Parang kung gusto mo lang ma-in-love ulit, sabihin mo lang ang magic words na "Ayoko na ma-inlove!" biglang WACHA! Ayan na siya. Nang-aasar. Magpapaasar ka naman.

Di ba nakakatawa rin na pagdating sa problema ng ibang tao, ang galing galing mo? Pero 'pag problema mo na yung pinag-uusapan parang nawawalan ng saysay lahat ng ipinayo mo dun sa namomroblemang tao? Naiisip mong wala namang mali dun sa mga sinabi mo. Pero bakit parang wala ring tama?

Bali-baliktad din ang nasasabi ng mga taong tinamaan ng madugong pana ng pag-ibig. "Ngayon ko lang nalaman ganito pala. Sabi ko na eh!" "Ang sarap mabuhay. Pwede na 'ko mamatay. Now na!"

At hindi lang 'yon. Ang sarap din pagtawanan ng mga taong alam naman nilang masasaktan lang sila eh magpapatihulog pa rin sa bangin ng pag-ibig. Tapos 'pag luray-luray na yung puso nila, siyempre hindi sila yung may kasalanan. Siya! "Bakit niya 'ko sinaktan?" May kasama pang pagsuntok sa pader yon, at pagbabagsak ng pinto. Hayop talaga.

Mauubos ang buong magdamag ko kakasabi ng mga bagay na nakakatawa 'pag pag-ibig na ang pinag-usapan. Ang daming beses ko na kasi siya nakasalubong kaya masasabi ko nang eksperto na 'ko. Pero wala pa rin akong alam.

Pero ang pinakanakakatawa sa lahat ay ang katotohanang kapag gusto magpatawa ng pag-ibig, ipusta na mo na lahat ng ari-arian mo dahil siguradong ikaw ang punchline.

Nakakatawa no?

Nakakaiyak.

In 1876, they said that the telephone has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication.

In 1974, Margaret Thatcher expressed that it will be years, and not in her life time, before a woman becomes the Prime Minister.

In 1977, Ken Olson can't see any reason why anyone would want a computer in their home.

Things evolve. As do people. Or else you're dead. Theory of Dynamism.

Learn from mistakes. You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by insisting on the failures of the past you should leave (have left) behind.

You get my point?

- C.

Edited by chiquezee

a poem for the rank and file

(by me)

i envy you at times like now

as you work with head on your pc low,

when you scratch your head as your errors show

before your bosses' smoking nose.

i envy you at hours like this

as you busy self towards the break

when you heave a sigh from narrow depths

thanking god it is close to twelve.

i envy you at nine o' clock

when you punch in there at the bundy clock

and then at five when you queue to log

this time be out for tomorrow's rut.

i envy you your time ain't yours

there's always one to check your course

what work you've done, and how they're done

what work didn't work, what work be shunned.

i envy you as i burn the hours

since yesterday my schedules hum

so silently slow and my brains go numb

after weeks of breathless bloody jam.

i envy you to envy me

but i envy you less if you insult she

who speaks her mind this way and thus,

because you can't, although you try.