The Mail Box

hey you... yep.. the one who has occupied my thoughts for the past couple of days... this is for you.

lol you probly dont know who you are... and thats just fine with me.

im calling it a day, you can be the one that got away. :)

some things just arent meant to be.

no matter how hard we try to make the story real,

a fairy tale it shall remain ...

and thats all its ever going to be.

no matter how hard we yearn and wish and pray.

even if we promise to be good and sweet and kind.

thats just the way it is and change it we can never do.

that is a fact of life that we have to accept.

to fight against it is impossible.

we just have to accept what life dishes out for us.

even if at first the signs are all there

the timing is right and the mood is ripe.

what wont be will never be.

but thats okay.

after some tears are shed and some sighs are sighed.

life does go on and it all becomes quite quite alright.

c`est la vie...

k 62604

Edited by WyldChik

Dear Number Nine,

Well we’ve been classmates for three years and friends for about four years. On September after we take the exams, we’re probably going to go our separate ways. I’ve always lived by the rule of “barkadas are off limits”. I’ve held true to that rule for four years. In our four years of friendship, along with the other members of the Core, I’ve learned so much about you. I’ve watched you grow like a coltish young woman, still unsure of herself, into a fine and classy lady. You’ve always been more intelligent than me, always faster to reach a conclusion and sharper in mind games. Still though I’m quite happy that I’ve been able to hide from you these deep and intense feelings that I have for you. I’m always scared that you’ll find out, I’m always scared about how you will react.

The other members of the core, know how I feel about you. They watch me like hawks watching a mouse. I really hope they never tell you. I know that I’ve betrayed your trust by falling for you. I know I have made an unforgivable mistake by letting you affect me so much. For what it is worth, forgive me. At least I know that if it is in my power, I’ll make sure you’ll never know how I feel for you.

It is fitting isn’t it. Your nickname in the barkada is related intimately with that of the month where we’ll probably see each other again for the last time. It seems to be a divine sign, that what I’ve held in my heart, what I’ve dared hope for will never come to pass. Very well then if that be the case. I’m grateful for the four years of wonderful memories we have shared as friends. I’m grateful for the chance to admire you develop into a strong young woman, even though by admiring you too closely I got burned by the fire within you.

Next week, my only birthday wish for myself is to be able to see you around school. To smoke with you, to chat about you and your boyfriend, to discuss tips for the exams, to make fun of the freshmen, to be with you. Knowing you. I know you’ll make it a point to search me out, no matter where I hide in order to greet me in person. **sigh** You make things so difficult and you don’t even know it…

hopefully a "quiet" mind can relax the body and eventually be rejuvenated...........but im not yet there..still undecided...still opening myself and searching for other things to keep me sane......contentment may not come for me...partially "incomplete"................but supposedly happy..........letting things come....have to take it apart and make it whole my way.......just to keep me sane..........to keep me normal...to keep me moving..........inspite the pressures..inspite the quirks and the peeves...............dawning at each new breath and new day.......... B) ;)

gee thony that touched me ... :(

nakaka relate kasi aku. :(

If it is hidden feelings for other people, I guess everybody can relate with each other. I'm glad that I was able to write about it and let it out. Every minute it was being kept inside me, it was like a piece of the Sun is burning a hole within me. So painful.

I hope you have better luck with yours Wyld. Better luck than mine.

thony...

if i were to describe myself in one word, it would be realistic. and in the long while that my friend and i have been best friends... i never imagined that anything would pass between us. even during our boracay and hongkong and galera sojourns... when we shared a room and talked way into the night... i always just maintained we were just friends.

we sorta drifted apart when he got himself a girlfriend. soon after i got into a relationship too. mine didnt work out but his did. theyre getting married soon... he has requested i come home for their wedding but... im not sure.

you know whats weird? almost all of last year, it was almost as if fate was pushing us in each others paths. we would run into each other in the most unexpected of places. i would get surprise text messages saying -- "you look good in red, how come you never wore red before?" or... "you sure are buyin a lot of junk food" ... and when i look up, he would be there... (in rustans rockwell, of all places when he lives in diliman...)...

the last surprise sms i got was when my family and i were havin dinner in megamall. i was in shorts at that time, and was rushing about with my niece. i got an sms saying "shortshorts!" and then my fone rang... and it was him. we were talking when he suddenly taps my shoulder. he saw me on the escalator and followed me to the bank. *sigh*

he was my last "date" before i left for the US. i went off to have coffee with a friend, he picked me up from starbucks west ave and brought me home. i gave him my musashi books... and most of my stephen kings...

some things just arent meant to be ryt?

ryt.

-wyld

Edited by WyldChik
thony...

if i were to describe myself in one word, it would be realistic. and in the long while that my friend and i have been best friends... i never imagined that anything would pass between us. even during our boracay and hongkong and galera sojourns... when we shared a room and talked way into the night... i always just maintained we were just friends.

we sorta drifted apart when he got himself a girlfriend. soon after i got into a relationship too. mine didnt work out but his did. theyre getting married soon... he has requested i come home for their wedding but... im not sure.

you know whats weird? almost all of last year, it was almost as if fate was pushing us in each others paths. we would run into each other in the most unexpected of places. i would get surprise text messages saying -- "you look good in red, how come you never wore red before?" or... "you sure are buyin a lot of junk food" ... and when i look up, he would be there... (in rustans rockwell, of all places when he lives in diliman...)...

the last surprise sms i got was when my family and i were havin dinner in megamall. i was in shorts at that time, and was rushing about with my niece. i got an sms saying "shortshorts!" and then my fone rang... and it was him. we were talking when he suddenly taps my shoulder. he saw me on the escalator and followed me to the bank. *sigh*

he was my last "date" before i left for the US. i went off to have coffee with a friend, he picked me up from starbucks west ave and brought me home. i gave him my musashi books... and most of my stephen kings...

some things just arent meant to be ryt?

ryt.

-wyld

I know the way your story ends is kind of painful and very sad. :cry: On the bright side though, atleast you know the ending of your story. With mine, I'm still stuck in the 2nd to the last chapter and I'm dreading what I'll read. It is very hard trying to finish a book, when you're very sure about how it'll turn out but you're hoping it wouldn't.

The late night talks, the rooming together, the bumping in the malls, they're all wonderful things to be happy about. While you might feel a tinge of regret about how it turned out, at least you have a lot of happy memories, memories that will help you enjoy a new and different book in the future. Every book has an ending, whether happy or sad, the ending will have a meaning only and only if, you give it. I'm sure you'll find a new book, one that is destined to be forever yours and will always have fresh content and wonderful memories for you each and every day. :)

thony...

dont get me wrong ... im not sad. perhaps wistful is a better word.

i guess what i have to say to you is at some point, you gotta let it go and accept the fact that it will be one of your life's unanswered questions.

i like memories. theyre like photos. i can take them out and look them over evry so often. each photo will bring with it a memory, a smile, maybe a tear. but its all good.

thank you for your encouraging words. im in no rush... there are many many books out there. im sure one of them has my name on it :) and that book, when i find it, i wont leave it behind like i had to do with my other books. il bring it with me and keep it forever.

-wyld

thony...

dont get me wrong ... im not sad. perhaps wistful is a better word.

i guess what i have to say to you is at some point, you gotta let it go and accept the fact that it will be one of your life's unanswered questions.

i like memories. theyre like photos. i can take them out and look them over evry so often. each photo will bring with it a memory, a smile, maybe a tear. but its all good.

thank you for your encouraging words. im in no rush... there are many many books out there. im sure one of them has my name on it :) and that book, when i find it, i wont leave it behind like i had to do with my other books. il bring it with me and keep it forever.

-wyld

You're right about some things in life will never be answered. However I think 9s has the right to know about my feelings. I'll wait until the very last day of when I know I'll be seeing here, then I'll let it rip.

It is a gamble, the odds are about a one to a gazillion, but as any Hidalgo worth his sword when it comes to matters of the heart knows: there is no retreat and no surrender from the honor of my senorita. Who knows I might wind up lucky and 9s might see something worth loving for inside this carcass of mine. :unsure:

As for you Senora Wyld, I am glad that I was of service in my own little way to you.

forever your humble servant

Anthony.

anthony...

having someone to listen to my rants is more than enough and for that you have my undying gratitude.

i wish you not luck because luck is a flight of fancy. rather, i wish you success... bear in mind that however way things turn out with you and 9s, success is not necessarily winning her hand and heart... but letting her know how you feel ...

remain steadfast my dear... it always works out in the end, albeit not necessarily in the way we want it to, but certainly in the way that god deems best for us.

fondly,

-k im more used to signin my notes this way... w/ the first letter of my name

Edited by WyldChik
well thony were still writing letters to each other arent we? :)

Dear Wyld,

You're a very much correct, about us not being OT. I'm glad to have listened to your so-called rants, even though they come to me as calm, measured and heartfelt whispers. Nothing like having a person talking directly about what they feel, to be able to experience the joy of being alive.

I remain steadfast as it is demanded of me both my heart and my duty to 9s. While I stand strong, and my head is still unbowed, I cannot help but feel the twitch of exhaustion within my body. Yet, I will remain steady like that soldier who waited for the princess for a thousand days. Yes I remain steady like the faith of Roland to his King. Damn! this is hard work. :cry:

-thony

thony...

this is strange but i remember saying this to two of my friends just a few days back.

it is in your power to say stop. you are really the only one who can say til when you can hack out that hard work you have chosen with an open heart and mind. for so long as your heart and your soul are still strong, your body will recover.

stay steadfast for as long as you can. but bear in mind its alright to say "enough"... remember, we all have to live to fight another day, and win yet another battle. better yet, we gotta remain strong to win the war.

-k

thony...

this is strange but i remember saying this to two of my friends just a few days back.

it is in your power to say stop. you are really the only one who can say til when you can hack out that hard work you have chosen with an open heart and mind. for so long as your heart and your soul are still strong, your body will recover.

stay steadfast for as long as you can. but bear in mind its alright to say "enough"... remember, we all have to live to fight another day, and win yet another battle. better yet, we gotta remain strong to win the war.

-k

K,

I know the power is within me. Just like the way the soldier walked away from the princess right after he finished the 1000 day vigil in front of her tower. Do you by chance know the story? It is a beautiful short story. :)

Still though knowing you have the power and exercising the power are two different things. Somethings wielding something is harder than acquiring it.

thony...

i trust you enough to know that you will use that power in the right way.

whether you choose to carry a torch for 9s the rest of your life...

or you move on and love another...

what remains is that the entire experience of loving 9s, albeit secretly... has somehow made you into the person you are now.

and that you cannot get from anywhere else.

in the end, its all good.

yes i know the story, one of my favorites....

-k

G

I have never been rejected before,

never been brushed aside,

but stop it already,

your doing more damage

and I'll hold you responsible for it.

You'll see, one day,

you'll look for me,

but I wont be there anymore.

Id be somewhere else

out of reach

B

B,

I woke up this morning in a cold sweat, tears in my eyes, heart palpitating like mad. That dream seem so real.

You have no idea how much the thought of losing you scares me.

Thank you for being there to assure me you'd keep your promise.

Love,

T.

I have never been rejected before,

never been brushed aside,

but stop it already,

your doing more damage

and I'll hold you responsible for it.

You'll see, one day,

you'll look for me,

but I wont be there anymore.

Id be somewhere else

out of reach