Random Thoughts Thread

The careless handling of life makes damaged goods of us all, one way or another.

For some, the damage is so great, they can't go on living without always feeling sorry for themselves.

For others, fortunately, the damage they went through is what gives them character and the impetus to live on. These are the people who will never ask to be returned to their maker anytime soon. Instead, they will work hard to earn their Quality Control Tested/Passed label.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe I should start thinking of life as a sentence.

When one period ends, another begins.

Sometimes it leaves us hanging by the dots...

We wait for long, but nothing happens.

And then we wait some more, but still nothing happens.

So we give up and go on living.

Then something does happen, punctuated by something profound and impactful!

Before you know it it charges headlong like a run-on sentence without punctuation not giving you the time to pause or take a breath and analyze what the heck is happening

Sometimes life brings to us people and events that, combined together and arranged beautifully, make for a wondrous and life-changing experience, as beautiful as a well-crafted poem or a well-composed music.

It all makes sense now. Life is a sentence of my own making. It starts by repetition and imitation, until I gain the wisdom to write my own.

Edited by Lord Superb
  • Like (+1) 2

a teacher does not just block a student from lessons just because a student is slow in keeping up.

rather, the teacher patiently teaches, conducts lessons, and helps the one left behind.

this situation is not too far from life.

experience will keep on teaching you. for as long as you miss what you must learn, it will keep repeating itself, over and over and over and over hoping that one day, you learn. until one day you realize the lesson that you must learn.

life - the biggest classroom there is. experience, the most patient though could be the most cruel teacher of all.

if there are things that i learned about life while watching a volleyball game, here they are:

Never wait for another person to commit the error so you can get ahead of the game. Make all your moves count, attack the problem if you can - just know from what angle and what approach would you need to have. You can't rely solely on one technique alone, you have to be versatile from defence to offence, from a soft touch to a hard spike. Score the point when you can but you should also learn how sit down, analyse the situation, then make the move. Thinking, it's all part of the game.