Random Thoughts Thread

Sometimes I wish I were living at a time when living was as simple as living. Nowadays, we have to 'make' a living, as though living is a thriving industry of being a consumer on one hand and being a consumee on the other. You buy and you are bought, one way or another. You consume and are consumed in turn.

Edited by Lord Superb
  • Like (+1) 1

Sometimes I wish I were living at a time when living was as simple as living. Nowadays, we have to 'make' a living, as though living is a thriving industry of being a consumer on one hand and being a consumee on the other. You buy and you are bought, one way or another. You consume and are consumed in turn.

I would not dis-agree to this brother and I admire your writings and posts by the way. I myself would like to have a time-machine and go back to the days that maybe considered plain and archaic but nevertheless full of substance. :)

I believe though that in today's life stage, there is still also a simple and virtuous reason that compels one to maniacally make a living. It is so that others may live as well.

Cheers!

Edited by Unwritten

Happy Choose-day. Life's bullshittery may sometimes pile up so high as to rival the grandeur of Mount Everest, but, hey, you always have a choice. Will you ask for a Sherpa's wisdom and guidance, or will you simply forge on, the heck with the smell? The moment you run out of choices is the moment you give up on life and fall off the mountainside, only to wake up and realize that there was no mountain in the first place, only your list of excuses to quit.

• Like (+1) 1

People are like towns. You get so comfortable living in them you forget how beautiful they are until the time that you have to leave to pursue a different direction. You will miss them -- the smell of their air, the taste of their food, the fun in their parks. But you have to grow and learn so that when you get to another place, you'll appreciate it more and the beauty it brings.

My eyes have become nearsighted over the years due to reading under less-than-ideal lighting conditions. Nowadays I cannot clearly see a person's facial features beyond six feet or so. As such, I often miss out on a precious smile which may have been thrown my way, like a penny by the roadside, until it's too late and somebody else picks it up, leaving me none the richer for it. I emphasized may because I can't really be sure if I am smiled at, can I? I can't see with any certainty. What I'm sure of, though, is there are those rare women whose smile is so radiant, so full of light, that I can't help but look away, fighting the tendency to blush, even though my cheeks and ears say otherwise.

B) < This won't work.

Edited by Lord Superb

After a while

After a while you learn

the subtle difference between
holding a hand and chaining a soul
and you learn
that love doesn’t mean leaning
and company doesn’t always mean security.
And you begin to learn
that kisses aren’t contracts
and presents aren’t promises
and you begin to accept your defeats
with your head up and your eyes ahead
with the grace of woman, not the grief of a child
and you learn
to build all your roads on today
because tomorrow’s ground is
too uncertain for plans
and futures have a way of falling down
in mid-flight.
After a while you learn
that even sunshine burns
if you get too much
so you plant your own garden
and decorate your own soul
instead of waiting for someone
to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really can endure
you really are strong
you really do have worth
and you learn
and you learn
with every goodbye, you learn…

Veronica Shoffstall
  • Like (+1) 1

I have always thought that Sundays are best for lovemaking, a toast to a weekend just passed, a celebration of life.

She lies there asleep, naked underneath the blanket. You smile at how content and peaceful she sleeps, not a snore escaping her. But then you remember she's naked, and instantly you feel a sudden fire igniting within, faster than you can strike fire on a cooktop. You want to wake her up with a kiss and make love to her right there and then. If you can just pull down the blanket ever so gently without waking her up...

Or maybe I should be the one who should wake up and be reminded that I'm single. :lol: