Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

Please explain

kung crime has been lowered by digong, why the need to say that he plans to suspend the privilege of the write of habeas corpus (assuming it is a legal thing to do)?

Ang sa akin na lang is to see is to believe kay DU30. Kung walang nangyari sa banta niya laway na lang yun. HIntayin na lang kung meron mag initiate sa congress para dito which I doubt na papasa ito. The only thing I can support Martial Law is to declare it on Sulu alone just to hunt down ASGs.

Ang sa akin na lang is to see is to believe kay DU30. Kung walang nangyari sa banta niya laway na lang yun. HIntayin na lang kung meron mag initiate sa congress para dito which I doubt na papasa ito. The only thing I can support Martial Law is to declare it on Sulu alone just to hunt down ASGs.

Sana walang double standard depende kung saan papabor sa kanya .

Halimbawa, yan sinasabi mong to see is to believe is this applicable only if binabatikos siya? ...Ang punto ko lang kung "to see is to believe" then good or bad hintayin natin mangyari. Ang problema hindi ganun eh.

Sa mga banta niya na mag implement ng gusto mo manahimik na lang muna at hintayin kung mangyayari nga ba.

On the other hand ikaw na rin ang may sabi na "Pinuri ko si DU30 kasi may intention talaga siyang mag implement ng mga project" ... so clearly wala pang nagagawa o nasimulan and yet pinupuri na.

Sinagot na kita ... hindi mo lang siguro na gets. Hindi ako blind follower ... sabi ko nga di ba kasuhan ang sinuman ang sa tingin ninyong mali. Officials should be held accountable for their shortcomings.

Sinagot na kita ... hindi mo lang siguro na gets. Hindi ako blind follower ... sabi ko nga di ba kasuhan ang sinuman ang sa tingin ninyong mali. Officials should be held accountable for their shortcomings.

Ang problema hindi naman krimen ang pagiging incompetent.

Ang problema hindi naman krimen ang pagiging incompetent.

Incompetency is a shortcoming ...and I said they should be held accountable for it right. Sabi ko nga in my previous post alamin mo muna say for example bakit hindi maimplement baka kasi may ibang rason aside from incompetency. Pero if after doing so and without bias eh talagang incompetency ang reason then di incompetent.

Kung krimen o may mali eh sabi ko nga kasuhan.

Edited by rooster69ph

Is this thread about rants against cory and noynoy?

But to oblige, they are not totally competent nor incompetent.

=========

This reminds me blind followers like dutertards thinks duterte is competent despite constant foul ups

DU30 has foul ups, I think everybody would agree on that. Mostly his mouth, but I don't see anything major yet that his actions failed.

Duterte moving 'very rapidly' with infrastructure overhaul: Pernia

http://news.abs-cbn.com/business/11/08/16/duterte-moving-very-rapidly-with-infrastructure-overhaul-pernia

DAVAO CITY - President Rodrigo Duterte is moving "very rapidly" in rebuilding the country's creaking infrastructure networks, outpacing his predecessor, Benigno Aquino, one of his economic managers claimed Tuesday.

Duterte has approved nine infrastructure projects and will approve up to seven more next week, compared to the 12 approved by the National Economic Development Authority (NEDA) board under Aquino, Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia said.

"We are moving projects very rapidly," Pernia told a consultative forum with businessmen here.

"Sixteen (approved) as of now (versus) 12 over six years. That is the kind of speed we are moving," he said.

Edited by daphne loves derby

noted ... pretty much expected that reply from you

I also expect that answer from you kasi ikaw 1st day pa lang failed na agad. Never given a chance to prove himself. Naguumpisa pa lang palpak agad, ang gusto mo kasi perfect or nothing at all which I'm surprised kasi kung ganun ang expectation mo palpak dapat lahat ng ginawa ng idol mong si Abnoy.

Example of Abnoy's legacy of kapalpakan:

I paid my Car Plate renewal in May 2015. Hanggang ngayon wala pa yung plaka na binayaran ko. And so is the case for millions of others.

I renewed my drivers license in May 2016. Six months na wala pa yung ID card.

Per Rooster's definition, palpak si Duterte because he cannot undo in six months Abnoy's six years of ineptness that caused the LTO's fiasco.

Edited by camiar

More GOOD NEWS

DOTr launches online portal to report corrupt officials

The Department of Transportation (DOTr) on Tuesday launched an online portal in support of the anti-corruption efforts being pushed by Sec. Arthur Tugade in the department and its attached agencies.

During a news conference at the Land Transportation Office, DOTr spokesperson Cherie Mercado said the portal, dubbed as Zero Corruption, went online Tuesday for citizens to report any corrupt activities involving any DOTr officials and employees.

Mercado assured the public that all reports are confidential, saying they will only contact the complainant for follow-up questions and when they find probable cause against the official in the report.

“It has a confidentiality clause and rest assured na makakarating yan sa amin because kahit na limited pa yung mga tao, limited pa yung resources, we try to look at this as regularly as we can,” Mercado said.

- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/588908/news/nation/dotr-launches-online-portal-to-report-corrupt-officials#sthash.lcUlMuIm.dpuf

Duterte: Gov't preparing clemency for old, sick inmates

- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/588978/news/nation/duterte-gov-t-preparing-clemency-for-old-sick-inmates#sthash.2yiD5oKd.dpuf

President Rodrigo Duterte is considering granting executive clemency to old and sick inmates just in time for Christmas.

"I am contemplating. They are preparing it. Lahat ng matatanda tsaka may sakit. May rayuma na, hindi na matakbo, who have been there--80 years old and above. Kung gusto pa nila, may mauwian sila, I will grant them pardon also so that they can return home. Iyong nakatira diyan 40 years or more, they deserve to be out. Decongest the Muntinlupa," the President told reporters over dinner in Malacañang on Tuesday night.

Is this thread about rants against cory and noynoy?

But to oblige, they are not totally competent nor incompetent.

=========

This reminds me blind followers like dutertards thinks duterte is competent despite constant foul ups

Nadisappoint lang ako kay Aquino ng ipush niya iyong solar power. Iyan nga isa sa mga dahilan kaya walang nagiinvest masyado sa probinsiya, unreliable at mahal ang kuryente. Masyado tayong nagre-rely sa coal plant na nagko-cause ng pollution. Ni hindi man lang naconsider ang nuclear power which is cheaper and more reliable. Kay Duterte, mukhang may possibility na magkaroon na tayo ng nuclear power plant.

Straw man argument

Actually it is more of like this ...

Duterte: k*ll me if I don’t resolve crimes in 6 months

Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte made the call urging Filipinos to k*ll him if he cannot resolve heinous crimes and illegal drugs within the first six months of his administration if elected president.

Duterte wants another 6 months to end drug menace

President Rodrigo Duterte on Sunday asked for six more months to put an end to the drug menace and criminality, setting aside a promise that helped him achieve an overwhelming victory in the 2016 polls.

Wag mag commit pag di kaya

LRT EXTENSION YET TO START

PNoy’s vow to be run over by a train shouldn’t be taken literally —Palace

- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/549283/money/economy/pnoy-s-vow-to-be-run-over-by-a-train-shouldn-t-be-taken-literally-palace#sthash.1v1qLUxG.dpuf

With only one more working day before the year ends, the Light Rail Transit Line 1 (LRT-1) Cavite Extension—the project that President Benigno Aquino III promised to be completed in 2015 else he would have himself and Transportation Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya run over by a train—is still far from completion.

"There are no new developments for the LRT-1 Cavite Extension Project as the notice to proceed hasn't yet been given to LRMC (Light Rail Manila Corp.) by DOTC (Department of Transportation and Communications)," the LRT private concessionaire, through its public relations agency, said in a text message to GMA News Online.

Sought for comment, Communications Secretary Herminio "Sonny" Coloma said that Aquino's "statement (in 2013 should) not be taken literally."

to my no.1 fan dito sa MTC, si Pnoy mo 6 years

si Digong, wala pa ngang 6 months sa pwesto, may CONCLUSION ka na.

hindi ba masyadong "matalino" ung comparison mo?

:lol: :lol:

sigurado ka NO CHANGE at all?

eh tameme ka nga sa mga post ko na good news - "SEEN ZONE" :P

deny pa more (or i say bulag na haters pa more!) :lol:

True, too early to arrive at conclusions. Both for the good and bad news.

Marami dun sa mga bagong infra projects ng pinasa sa NEDA Board dumaan na sa NEDA-ICC ng nakaraang administrasyon. I've seen some of those projects even before this administration. Ibig sabihin nun dumaan na sa feasibility studies yun at go signal na lang ng Pangulo kailangan ibigay. Kahit yung tren sa Mindanao, 2014 pa lang sinimulan na pag-aralan ng DOTC yan. Nung December 2015 lang din naipasa yung Right of Way Act, kaya mas mapapabilis na din dapat yung pag-acquire ng gobyerno sa mga right of way na kailangan. Yan yung naging problema sa LRT Cavite Extension - gobyerno dapat magdedeliver ng right of way na dadaan ng tren at mga istasyon. In terms of implementation, there's a reason why pagpasok ng administrasyon na ito, emergency powers kagad ang hinihingi para ma-implement ang projects ng DOTr - kasi alam nila na mahaba at mahirap talaga ang kasalukuyang proseso.

In terms of funding, mas maluwag sa pera itong bagong administrasyon. For one, willing sila to take out loans mula sa China. They were willing to increase budget deficit to roll out more projects. Ibig sabihin lang nun, mas maraming project na di kayang pondohan from government revenues kaya susuportahan through borrowing. I can see the overwhelming political will na maglabas ng project ang gobyerno para makatulong sa tao, pero the strategy is partly short-sighted and its implications will be felt beyond the term of this administration.

Yun ang pinagkaiba ng Du30 admin sa PNoy admin. Sobrang long-term mag-isip ang PNoy admin, while sobrang short-term ang Du30 admin. Masyado play safe si Pnoy, while mas bahala na mag-isip si Du30. Both have pros and cons. Kaya ang perception ng iba kay PNoy, incompetent, kasi masyado sumunod sa proseso - pag-aralan muna bago gumalaw. Kay Du30 naman, may sariling proseso. By hook or by crook, results must be achieved.

Ang banner accomplishment ni Du30 is the war on drugs. Marami na napatay, marami na sumuko, mahirap na bumili ng shabu sa Pilipinas. In short, we are winning the war on drugs. Pero the question is at what cost? A possible analogy sa infrastructure: the goal is magkaroon ng tren sa isang lugar. After 5 years, may tren na na tumatakbo na pwede sakyan ng mga tao. Pero ang catch, inutang ang ginamit pagpapagawa ng rail line at tumatakbo ng palugi yung tren kaya di mababayaran galing sa revenues ng rail line ang utang - pero may tren na masasakyan ang tao. Is this a win? From one aspect, yes, from another, no. Pero simple lang mag-isip si Du30, maglagay kayo ng rail line dyan para may masakyan ang tao. Back to basics lang - dapat mag-deliver ng serbisyo ang gobyerno. As to the "how", matatawa na lang kayo pag nakita nyo kung paano magkumahog ang mga cabinet secretary na gawan ng paraan na sundin ang gusto ni Du30 ng hindi pinapahamak ang bansa. Hindi lang si Yasay at si Andanar ang sumasakit ang ulo. :P

• Like (+1) 1

NIce point there^

For me I prefer maibigay muna ang serbisyo sa tao. Let the govt. handle the initial burden. Just like the LRT1 marami ang nakikinabang dyan, ang dapat lang well managed at hindi makukurakot. Kung bibilis ang trade and commerce giginhawa ang buhay ng mga tao in return tataas ang revenue ng gobyerno at ito ang pwedeng pambayad sa utang na ginamit. Kahit naman private companies umuutang din pero umuunlad din sila kapag well managed ang namumuno. Ang mahalaga rin dito ay continuity after DU30s admin. kasi long term projects yung mga ipapatupad.

Al least sinusulit natin ang bayad sa mga Cabinet secretaries natin na gumawa ng paraan na hindi iligal. If emergency powers is needed so be it di ba pagdaan din naman yan sa proseso by asking the congress? HIndi yung dati na walang diskarte. Inutil pa yung DOTC sec niya.

Edited by haroots2

True, too early to arrive at conclusions. Both for the good and bad news.

Marami dun sa mga bagong infra projects ng pinasa sa NEDA Board dumaan na sa NEDA-ICC ng nakaraang administrasyon. I've seen some of those projects even before this administration. Ibig sabihin nun dumaan na sa feasibility studies yun at go signal na lang ng Pangulo kailangan ibigay. Kahit yung tren sa Mindanao, 2014 pa lang sinimulan na pag-aralan ng DOTC yan. Nung December 2015 lang din naipasa yung Right of Way Act, kaya mas mapapabilis na din dapat yung pag-acquire ng gobyerno sa mga right of way na kailangan. Yan yung naging problema sa LRT Cavite Extension - gobyerno dapat magdedeliver ng right of way na dadaan ng tren at mga istasyon. In terms of implementation, there's a reason why pagpasok ng administrasyon na ito, emergency powers kagad ang hinihingi para ma-implement ang projects ng DOTr - kasi alam nila na mahaba at mahirap talaga ang kasalukuyang proseso.

In terms of funding, mas maluwag sa pera itong bagong administrasyon. For one, willing sila to take out loans mula sa China. They were willing to increase budget deficit to roll out more projects. Ibig sabihin lang nun, mas maraming project na di kayang pondohan from government revenues kaya susuportahan through borrowing. I can see the overwhelming political will na maglabas ng project ang gobyerno para makatulong sa tao, pero the strategy is partly short-sighted and its implications will be felt beyond the term of this administration.

Yun ang pinagkaiba ng Du30 admin sa PNoy admin. Sobrang long-term mag-isip ang PNoy admin, while sobrang short-term ang Du30 admin. Masyado play safe si Pnoy, while mas bahala na mag-isip si Du30. Both have pros and cons. Kaya ang perception ng iba kay PNoy, incompetent, kasi masyado sumunod sa proseso - pag-aralan muna bago gumalaw. Kay Du30 naman, may sariling proseso. By hook or by crook, results must be achieved.

Ang banner accomplishment ni Du30 is the war on drugs. Marami na napatay, marami na sumuko, mahirap na bumili ng shabu sa Pilipinas. In short, we are winning the war on drugs. Pero the question is at what cost? A possible analogy sa infrastructure: the goal is magkaroon ng tren sa isang lugar. After 5 years, may tren na na tumatakbo na pwede sakyan ng mga tao. Pero ang catch, inutang ang ginamit pagpapagawa ng rail line at tumatakbo ng palugi yung tren kaya di mababayaran galing sa revenues ng rail line ang utang - pero may tren na masasakyan ang tao. Is this a win? From one aspect, yes, from another, no. Pero simple lang mag-isip si Du30, maglagay kayo ng rail line dyan para may masakyan ang tao. Back to basics lang - dapat mag-deliver ng serbisyo ang gobyerno. As to the "how", matatawa na lang kayo pag nakita nyo kung paano magkumahog ang mga cabinet secretary na gawan ng paraan na sundin ang gusto ni Du30 ng hindi pinapahamak ang bansa. Hindi lang si Yasay at si Andanar ang sumasakit ang ulo. :P

Thats the difference there - "STRONG POLITICAL WILL". Kumbaga sa 24oras, walang kinikilingan, walang pinoprotekthan, serbisyong totoo lamang :P

Let the people feel the difference. And lets see kung saan tayo papunta.

except rooster - walang mararamdaman yan kundi sama ng loob kahit anong mangyaring positive pa

:lol:

My Gulay, wala pa ngang anim na buwan may conclusion na! Antinde! :D

Economic growth picks up in Duterte's first 3 months

http://news.abs-cbn.com/business/11/17/16/economic-growth-picks-up-in-dutertes-first-3-months

Gross domestic product in the July to September period grew 7.1 percent, compared to the 7-percentexpansion in the previous quarter, maintaining the country’s status as one of Asia’s fastest-growing economies, the Philippine Statistics Authority said.

Economists polled by Reuters and Bloomberg had expected a 6.7-percent expansion in the third quarter due to the lack of election spending that fueled growth in the first six months of the year.

“The new government benefited from the approval of a P3-trillion budget under Mr. Aquino, because of that they were able to get the ball rolling very quickly,” he said. (THANKS PNOY!!!) :P

Private investments jumped 16.2 percent from 4 percent during the same period last year. Public construction grew 20 percent while private consumption increased by 7.3 percent, data showed.

- oh kala ko ba andaming umaalis na investor? asan na ung magagaling na "business analysts" dito? :lol: :lol:

dagdag mo pa dyan na may mga ongoing peace talks na with MILF, NPA at MNLF kaya walang looming rebellion threat.

well i hope this is just one of his blunders na puro satsat na hindi naman kayang gawin tulad ng UN threat, US threat atbp. non-sense "pa brusko" statements.

magtrabaho na lang kasi wag ng dumada ng dumada. d b boss??? ;)

agree ako dyan, kudos to Duterte for that, siya lang among the recent candidates ang may malaking chance to end the Communist rebellion

on that note .... Bakit nag-pe-percolate pa rin sa talking points niya ang declaration ng Martial Law?

Nahuli na lahat ng Davao bombing suspects, no looming threats kamo, are we still under a State of National Emergency? lifted na ba?

Me thinks he has something up his sleeve and we better take his threats seriously before it's too late.

Halatang selective news lang ang tinitignan mo. Ano ang pagkakaiba? MAy naumpisahan ba dun sa project para hindi siya mappasagasa sa train? Itong war on drugs ang layo na ng narating simula nung nagumpisa ito. And its still working on progress, dirediretsong gumagalaw at gumagana ang campaign. Ang layo ng comparison diba sa walng nangyari at sa kasalukuyang may nangyayari na.

Para walang bias sa pag pick up ng news ikaw na sumagot based sa news.

Simpleng tanong, ano ba ang sinabi ni digong?

A. patayin siya pag di niya natupad in six months.

B. patayin siya pag walang naumpisahan.

Edited by rooster69ph

Para walang bias sa pag pick up ng news ikaw na sumagot based sa news.

Simpleng tanong, ano ba ang sinabi ni digong?

A. patayin siya pag di niya natupad in six months.

B. patayin siya pag walang naumpisahan.

So its the same for you that he did not met the deadline but did a very good satisfactory effort kesa sa did not do an effort at all kay Abnoy. Bakit ang masa or any news hindi binabalikan ang sinabi niya tungkol sa war on drugs? Kasi nakikita nila yung resulta na obviously blind eye ka dun Like I always said perfect or nothing + blind follower ni Abnoy ka kasi,

So its the same for you that he did not met the deadline but did a very good satisfactory effort kesa sa did not do an effort at all kay Abnoy. Bakit ang masa or any news hindi binabalikan ang sinabi niya tungkol sa war on drugs? Kasi nakikita nila yung resulta na obviously blind eye ka dun Like I always said perfect or nothing + blind follower ni Abnoy ka kasi,

Simple lang tanong ko...multiple choice na nga di mo pa rin masagot ng diretcho...dami mong palusot!

Simple lang tanong ko...multiple choice na nga di mo pa rin masagot ng diretcho...dami mong palusot!

Ang damio kong ngang tanong sayo lahat iniiwasan mo ng sagot. Well I gues nasa very minority ka naman. Everyone is very satisfied sa war on drugs niya even lumampas sa 6 months. Except the criminals and you lang naman ang hindi happy so it means that's negligible.

Edited by haroots2

Russia to buy $2.5B in PH agri produce

Russia committed to buy up to a staggering $2.5 billion worth of Philippine fruit, grains or vegetables during last Saturday’s bilateral discussions between President Duterte and Vladimir Putin, officials said on Sunday.

Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said the Russian side agreed “immediately” to a proposal for the importation of Philippine fruit and other agricultural products in the next 12 months.

This dwarfs the $80 million worth of exports the Philippines currently ships to Russia every year, he said.

“We were talking of what they could buy from us, especially agricultural products, but nothing was specified. But I understand we supply them with a huge quantity of bananas… and mangoes. With these kinds of discussions, these present more trading opportunities between us,” Lopez said.

Lopez said Putin also offered to help the Philippines through investments in energy and infrastructure.

Lopez said the Philippine leader’s bilateral discussion with Xi also bore plenty of fruit for the country.

“I took note of a report that a Chinese delegation recently closed a transaction for $100 million worth of fruit from the Philippines, primarily bananas. That involves 100,000 tons only for one transaction,” he said.

He said that was a huge deal considering the Philippines shipped about 700,000 tons of bananas to China every year.

Russia to buy $2.5B in PH agri produce

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/149893/russia-buy-2-5b-ph-agri-produce/amp

Russia committed to buy up to a staggering $2.5 billion worth of Philippine fruit, grains or vegetables during last Saturdays bilateral discussions between President Duterte and Vladimir Putin, officials said on Sunday.

Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said the Russian side agreed immediately to a proposal for the importation of Philippine fruit and other agricultural products in the next 12 months.

This dwarfs the $80 million worth of exports the Philippines currently ships to Russia every year, he said.

We were talking of what they could buy from us, especially agricultural products, but nothing was specified. But I understand we supply them with a huge quantity of bananas and mangoes. With these kinds of discussions, these present more trading opportunities between us, Lopez said.

Lopez said Putin also offered to help the Philippines through investments in energy and infrastructure.

Lopez said the Philippine leaders bilateral discussion with Xi also bore plenty of fruit for the country.

I took note of a report that a Chinese delegation recently closed a transaction for $100 million worth of fruit from the Philippines, primarily bananas. That involves 100,000 tons only for one transaction, he said.

He said that was a huge deal considering the Philippines shipped about 700,000 tons of bananas to China every year.

I am waiting for negative comments. :) hehe