Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

O ayan na may aabangan na kayong expected DATE. BE PATIENT

Duterte to sign EO on FOI before Sona—Andanar

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/798220/duterte-to-sign-eo-on-foi-before-sona-andanar

Expect the executive order on the Freedom of Information Bill to be signed before President Rodrigo Duterte delivers his first State of the Nation Address (Sona) on Monday, July 25.

This was the assurance of Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar on Friday amid its delay.

Andanar earlier said the EO on the FOI, which aims to make public documents more available to the public, was already on the table of the chief executive.

READ: EO on FOI ‘on President’s table’ for signature—Palace

Asked whether the public could expect it before Duterte’s Sona, Andanar said “Yes.”

“Let’s wait for the Sona,” Presidential spokesman Ernesto Abella said in a text message to INQUIRER.net when asked about the release of the EO.

The EO on FOI was an “urgent” directive from Duterte, saying the President was “very serious” on the said measure.

READ: Duterte to prioritize FOI bill

The FOI is one of the campaign promises of Duterte, something his predecessor, former president Benigno Aquino III, failed to deliver in his six years in office. IDL

nice. this is welcome news. we needed the FOI two decades ago but this is a welcomed change. thank you mr. president!

and thank you for suggesting the SONA to be a serious affair, not a fashion show. we have showbiz for that. we need serious people to do their respective, legislative work. showbiz and politics are often intertwined in our society but politicians should stick to what they were elected to do. business attire will do. members of both houses: bring enough red bull/cobra/whatever to keep your energy up. people look up to you, don't let the cameras catch you napping.

You can praise the initiatives that are clearly good but be critical to things that are not. The presidency ceased to become a person but an office last june 30. Criticizing the war on drugs for its failure to address the root cause of the problem which is the corrupt and oppressive system that keeps the poor, poor is not disliking duterte. Its like loving chickenjoy but thinking burger yum is s@%t. Both are jollibee. People need to grow up and learn how to take criticism.

• Like (+1) 1

You can praise the initiatives that are clearly good but be critical to things that are not. The presidency ceased to become a person but an office last june 30. Criticizing the war on drugs for its failure to address the root cause of the problem which is the corrupt and oppressive system that keeps the poor, poor is not disliking duterte. Its like loving chickenjoy but thinking burger yum is s@%t. Both are jollibee. People need to grow up and learn how to take criticism.

It depends on the criticism. There is a difference between intelligent criticism, and plain nitpicking. Like throwing everything to simply discredit whatever good accomplishment the current administration is making. Pati yun nadagdag sa guest list nung inauguration ginawa pang issue. Hayz.

At ewan sa mga ito, gusto ata fool-proof lahat ng gagawin ng presidente. Presidente sya! Hindi dyos! Hindi nya naman pwede milagrohin lahat ng problema sa bansa. Every solution na iapply sa problema, lagi yan may setbacks. For example, if you really show political will to fight drugs, expect that there will be collateral damage. There will definitely be killings, it may even inspire vigilantism. But are these enough to discredit the efforts and what has been accomplished so far? Kung gusto ng perpektong pamamalakad, walang collateral damage, eh pag nasa langit na lang siguro tayo. Kasi Dyos na presidente dun.

Oh don't get me wrong please. I award points to critics if their criticism is fair and reasonable. For instance. yun death penalty. As much as I am in favor in essence, I do understand the concerns of those who are against this. Na kelangan maging matibay at malinis muna justice system natin. I also agree na hindi dapat padalos dalos presidente maglabas ng mga pangalan, dahil kung mali sya, mapapahiya admin nya.

Ngayon napirmahan na ang FOI EO na yan. Within less than a month! 6 years di nagawa yan ng nakaraang administrasyon. Pero sure critics/bashers/haters magrereklamo yan na sablay pa din si Duterte kasi hindi ito napirmahan on the first day gaya ng pinangako.

O dali na! critics! bashers! Haters! Reklamo na kayo! Discredit nyo na dali! Ng mabuhay naman thread na ito. Pangakong pako ito di ba? Kasi hindi napirmahan nung June 30.

Oh don't get me wrong please. I award points to critics if their criticism is fair and reasonable. For instance. yun death penalty. As much as I am in favor in essence, I do understand the concerns of those who are against this. Na kelangan maging matibay at malinis muna justice system natin. I also agree na hindi dapat padalos dalos presidente maglabas ng mga pangalan, dahil kung mali sya, mapapahiya admin nya.

Sa ngayon against pa ako sa death penalty. Kailangang i-overhaul muna ang justice system natin. Sa sistema ngayon kapag may pera ka kaya mong i-delay ang hatol sau hanggang tanggalin ulit ang death penalty. Pero sinusuportahan ko ang kampanya ni Duterte laban sa drugs. Sobrang lalim na ng problema natin kaya sana tuloy tuloy ang pagpatay or paghuli sa mga drug lords na iyan

I really admire what he's done already to our country. Now you can see that people are already scared of being involved in drugs because of the change he's already made. And he's also trying to solve all of the issues that made the people disappointed. And I know it will not be perfect because the mess is just too big. But being the way that he is, not just knowing but embodying the life of an average Filipino's is just really admirable. Patriotism seemed to have died but now it's alive and burning! I hope this change continues and affect even more aspects of our society.

Sa ngayon against pa ako sa death penalty. Kailangang i-overhaul muna ang justice system natin. Sa sistema ngayon kapag may pera ka kaya mong i-delay ang hatol sau hanggang tanggalin ulit ang death penalty. Pero sinusuportahan ko ang kampanya ni Duterte laban sa drugs. Sobrang lalim na ng problema natin kaya sana tuloy tuloy ang pagpatay or paghuli sa mga drug lords na iyan

Ayan mga parekoy! Ganito ang fair criticism! O di me puntos itong taong ito! Tama lang nirereklamo. Tama lang yun agam agam. Hindi naman yun tipong gusto na lang gusto lang makapanumbat ng kahit na ano na lang. At hindi dini-discredit na lamang yun hangarin na linisin lipunan sa salot na droga na yan.

Sana nga, kung maitutuloy yan death penalty na yan, me mga hakbang din na sisiguraduhing tama at patas hudikatura natin. Na di lang naman puro mga mahihirap lang mabibitay. Dapat unahin pinakabig time na drug lord

At ngayong pirmado na FOI EO na yan, nagaantay akong maaliw kung papano hahanap ng paraan mga haters/bashers/critics kung papano nila pipiliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitin idiscredit ito.

Hala dali! dali! dali! dali! sumbat na!!!!

Ano sumnbat? na dapat june 30 ito napirmahan?

Ano resign duterte na?! let's hear it!

o baka gusto nyo me background song pa!

(sing)

Handooooog ng piliiiiiipinoooooo sa mundooooo mapayapang paraang pagbabago....

Edited by Edmund Dantes

FOI order covers executive branch

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/798766/foi-order-covers-executive-branch

Fulfilling a campaign promise of transparency, President Duterte has signed an executive order (EO) allowing public access to documents and information in all government agencies under the Office of the President.

Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said Mr. Duterte signed on Saturday the executive order adopting the long-pending freedom of information (FOI) bill that would cover for a start the executive branch of government.

“After 29 years and only (after) 25 days (into the presidency) of Rody Duterte, this is already a record-breaking speed of cornerstone or milestone or a landmark executive order being signed,” he added.

Full disclosure

The executive order, titled “Operationalizing in the Executive Branch the People’s Constitutional Right to Information and the State Policies of Full Public Disclosure and Transparency in the Public Service and Providing Guidelines Therefor,” said it was consistent with the Constitution.

“Every Filipino shall have access to information, official records, public records, and to documents and papers pertaining to official acts, transactions or decisions, as well as to government research data used as basis for public-development,” according to the directive.

Reading the order, Andanar said, information would refer to “any records, documents, papers, reports, letters, contracts, minutes and transcripts of official meetings, maps, books, photographs, data, research materials, films, sound and video recording, magnetic or other tapes, electronic data, computer stored data, or other like or similar data or materials recorded, stored or archived in whatever format.”

However, requests would be denied regarding information that “falls under any of the exceptions enshrined in the Constitution, existing law or jurisprudence.”

The President also instructed every agency in the executive branch to “formulate their respective implementing details” 120 days after the effectivity of the FOI order.

Edited by daphne loves derby

Media groups welcome Duterte EO on FOI

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/798659/media-groups-welcome-duterte-eo-on-foi

Various media groups praised President Rodrigo Duterte for signing the executive order on freedom of information to b9lster transparency and accountability in the government.

The National Union of Journalists of the Philippines (NUJP), alternative media outfit network AlterMidya and the College Editors Guild of the Philippines (CEGP) issued separate statements welcoming the EO on FOI signed by Duterte on Saturday.

This is a gesture we are sure not only media but everybody who believes transparency and accountability indispensable to good governance and democracy highly appreciates,” NUJP Secretary General Dabet Panelo said.

The question now is how long will the list of exceptions be. If too long, the list may restrict rather than expand access to information,” Teodoro added.

When it comes to the justice system, kailangan ng isa pang Duterte as SC Justice para bumilis ang proseso. Major overhauling din ang kailangan and it might take a decade to do it. Alam ni Duterte and most of the masang filipino. Kaya nga killing drug personalities don't have much negative effect sa trust rating ni Duterte.

Malalim na nga ang problema ng droga. The ones that directly benefiting this drug campaigns right now are the law abiding citizens that lives in a drug infested area that can't afford living in subdivisions than most people here. Kasi bumaligtad na ngayon, yung mga addict na ngayon ang takot hindi ang mga sumusunod sa batas. Hindi na sila ngayon pa siga siga s kanto kasi baka na lang sila biglang bumulagta. ( Sorry hindi ito masyadong maiintindihan ng mga rich people compared to the ones lived it on a daily basis).

Edited by haroots2
DENR Sec Gina Lopez: So far, we have suspended 4 mining firms in Zambales, based on issuance of Writ of Kalikasan

Lopez: This week we'll look at 7 more mine sites in Mindanao. Audit also social

Lopez: I'm just following the law. And from POV of the law and President's directions, 7 suspended mining areas going against the law

Lopez: We'll find out who gave the permit (to use Zambales soil for Chinese reclamation near Scarborough Shoal)...Heads should roll

Gina lopez has suspended and will suspend more mining firms in more or less than 1 month from assuming into office. That's a lot more than the 3 past previous administrations combined (18 years!).

Dun sa nagsabing "poor choice" si Gina Lopez sa DENR, anong masasabi mo ngayon?

http://www.rappler.com/nation/141093-arroyo-aquino-nsc-meeting?utm_content=buffer095fb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Wow! Just wow! Don't even start to tel me this is nothing, this is just a publicity gimmik! Because 10 or even go back 20 years ago, you could not get all living presidents to sit in a room together and work together for the country. Let us remember many of them are bitter rivals!

I have no words for it. I do not know any past president who has been able to pull off something like this. And when you see something like this, among with the other things that happened these past few days, you start to believe again that national unity and reconcillation is possible. Perhaps This will be Duterte's greatest legacy!

So far, Rody has exceeded my expectations. I have no complaint whatsoever with his chosen cabinet secretaries. I have to give props to "The Rock" Dela Rosa. The guy is down-to-earth and funny. Art Tugade seems to have the political will just like his boss. He seems dead set in ending traffic. Ever since Rody assumed office, I have seen an increased presence of MMDA and police in intersections.

Agree. Pretty spot on cabinet members.

Art, Piñol, Gina Lopez and Bato.

Pero I do have issue with the rumored CHED head. Prof sya dati sa UST and he's very notorious na walang kwenta.

I have some reservations on some appointees but I'll wait how they do their job first. Kapag pumalpak then I'll say something. For me wala namng perfect so tignan yung pagkakamali. Iba kasi yung honest mistake, iba yung incompetent talaga and iba yung wala talagang pakialam at malasakit (cough cough Abaya cough)

They probably lost their fervor in ranting against Duterte because Rody has been doing an excellent job. Now, regarding the human rights violations brought about by extrajudicial killings that some noisy people have been ranting about, I have only one thing to say: Show proof that the police were, indeed, were the ones who did the extrajudicial killings.

Kung sabagay, kahit nga mga leftist at rebeldeng grupo umpisa ng natitiwala kay Mang Rody eh. Kahit nga mga dating presidente ng bansa natin na magkakaaway nakuha nyang pagsama-samahin. 10 years ago, no way this would have happened. Napakaganda! Noon nagkakaisa lang bansa pag me laban si Pacquiao. Pero wala naman problemang nalutas laban ni Pacquiao. Ngayon ko lang nakikita yun untiunting pagkakaisa ng bansa. Na kahit iba iba ng paniniwala, pwede naman pala magkasundo sundo.

Eto ha, as cheesey as this sounds, I wanna say it. The president made me hope again for the country. Na babangon na ito sa wakas. Salamat naman at dininig na Dyos panalangin natin.

On the extra judicial killings naman. Nagiging transparent naman PNP di ba? Ang balita ko ngayon, mismong prosecutor pa minsan sinasama sa mga operations para masiguro na tama yun SOP. Isa pa, ngayon ko lang nakita na nagkaroon talaga PNP programa pra tulungang magbago mga adik. The success of TOKHANG is so undderrated.

Rody has radically shifted the paradigm of Philippine politics overnight. To paraphrase what Batman said "It is not the curses or bad jokes but what he does that defines him." I voted for him because of what he did for Davao, particularly his clean and firm governance. He signed an FOI executive order in only 25 days. The previous administration couldn't do it in its 6 incompetent years in office. He has made roughly 10% of drug personalities surrender in his first 25 days. He made an unprecedented expose of the alleged drug coddlers. Because of what Duterte has been doing, some senators are following his example. Someone has proposed an FOI bill and Drilon is proposing a bill seeking emergency powers for traffic for Rody.

Yeah tama ka. Mas ramdam na ramdam natin na talagang makatao ang GObyerno natin. Talagang nagtratrabaho ng puspusan para tugunan mga problema.

Dagdag ko pa dyan.

Yun laglag bala modus na yan, walang aksyun ginawa nakaraang administrasyon dyan! Puro pamumulitika lang ginawa. Pati inutil na MIA manager hindi man lang sinibak. Tayo ang kelangan pa magplastik ng mga bagahe natin dahil ayaw tayo tulungan ng Gobyerno. All we wanted was a little security.

Tapos incomes the new admin! Isang utos lang na pag me nakitaan ng bala, idocument, kumpiskahin, paalisin! Tapos! Yun lang ang gusto natin.

They probably lost their fervor in ranting against Duterte because Rody has been doing an excellent job. Now, regarding the human rights violations brought about by extrajudicial killings that some noisy people have been ranting about, I have only one thing to say: Show proof that the police were, indeed, were the ones who did the extrajudicial killings.

anyone with some sense in their heads can tell that it would be extremely difficult to prove that the police are involved in these killings. let me ask you this question then po tatang, who do you think is executing these alleged criminals? i say alleged because i can just as well throw your statement back at you, show proof that these people being are who their signposts say they are, drug pushers, drug users or criminals.

There wasn't any due process involved here. This is vigilantism. No proof was presented in these killings.

How do you know that these people are just innocent victims and they were targeted by someone with an axe to grind or grudge against them and they were portrayed unfairly as drug pushers?

Back to my original question. Who do you think is executing these people if its not the police? radicals? regular citizens? terrorists?

The main argument here is, these killings should not be condoned because people with guns who carry out these heinous crimes don't have any accountability. Deducing from your post it seems you have no problem with people being killed without any cause. I wonder how you'd feel if these killings happened on your doorstep. Would you still feel the same way you are feeling now. Heck, i have a gun and i can do the same thing these people are doing.

Edited by finnodair

anyone with some sense in their heads can tell that it would be extremely difficult to prove that the police are involved in these killings. let me ask you this question then po tatang, who do you think is executing these alleged criminals? i say alleged because i can just as well throw your statement back at you, show proof that these people being are who their signposts say they are, drug pushers, drug users or criminals.

There wasn't any due process involved here. This is vigilantism. No proof was presented in these killings.

How do you know that these people are just innocent victims and they were targeted by someone with an axe to grind or grudge against them and they were portrayed unfairly as drug pushers?

Back to my original question. Who do you think is executing these people if its not the police? radicals? regular citizens? terrorists?

The main argument here is, these killings should not be condoned because people with guns who carry out these heinous crimes don't have any accountability. Deducing from your post it seems you have no problem with people being killed without any cause. I wonder how you'd feel if these killings happened on your doorstep. Would you still feel the same way you are feeling now. Heck, i have a gun and i can do the same thing these people are doing.

Who is condoning extra judicial killings? Ilang beses na ba sinabi ng PNP chief na ayaw nya extra judicial at vigilantism na yan? Mas reasonable iparatang ito sa mga vigilante or mga sindikato din na gusto icut lose ends. In other words mga kriminal din. Ano at PNP kakastiguhin mo dito? Ngayon wala bang ginagawa ang PNP para tugunan iton

1. Open naman sila sa kahit na anong probe. Kung gusto ng kaanak pwede naman request autopsy

2. Tagal na sinasabi ng PNP na pwede sila icover media, sama pa CHR. Minsan nga mismong prosecutor pa sasama

3. Iniimbestigahan naman yun kaso ng salvaging at pangako na papanagutin mga me sala

4. Nangako din na lilinisin naman hanay nila

Alam mo pala problema sa mga salvage victims na ito? Ni walang kaanak na kumukuha ng bangkay papano uusad reklamo? What a miserable son of bitch, napatay ka na nga ni wala pa kukuha bangkay mo lol

Bottomline, me ginagawa para dyan. At kung tingin mo kulang pa, ano pala dapat pang gawin? Madali magreklamo mahirap magbigay ng sulusyon