mas naniniwala ka ba sa Maute na ang pinaka purpose is to inflict fear and terror to marawi residents? cge nga....

Regarless kung maute o afp ang paniniwalaan mo ay yun sa tingin mo nagsasabi ng totoo.

Ibig bang sabihin pag sinabi ng maute may hostage sila ngayon na sibilyan hindi mo paniniwalaan dahil maute?

Bottomline hindi ka dapat maniwala basta basta kung walang basehan

If you followed the flow of the discussion, I just posted something which the troll challenged and could not disprove.

Disprove a claim that the military is gaining grounds? Sige show me proof that indeed they are ... tagal ko na hinihingi. Am just here waiting to disprove you should you provide substance to your claim.

Again, disprove it. I am not the one who challenged the post. You did so disprove it. But then again, I don't expect you to discredit what I said because if you did, it would have happened the first time you quoted me.

What will i disprove hindi mo nga maipakita o maipaliwanag kung bakit mo nasabing they are gaining ground. Anong basehan?

• 3 weeks later...

OMG our VP is poor - how embarrassing! She can't afford stuff from IKEA - grabe nakakahiya! She should emulate the Marcoses and steal from the country so she can buy nice things and not be an embarrassment to our country.

May pera pumuntang Amerika tapos paaralin ang anak sa Harvard. Tapos pakikita sa media na namumulot ng basura. Ano tawag dun?

OMG our VP is poor - how embarrassing! She can't afford stuff from IKEA - grabe nakakahiya! She should emulate the Marcoses and steal from the country so she can buy nice things and not be an embarrassment to our country.

Our company spends more for our managers and executives when they travel so they will not scrimp and make the company, whom they represent, look bad. It is good business to preserve the dignity and image of the company.

Same is true with our government officials. There have to look and act dignified, especially if they are in other countries. You don't have to steal to buy things to make you look dignified. It's all in you actions and in being discreet.

Kung ako nga, ordinaryong mamamayan, bumili ng murang furnitures sa Ikea na puede kong ipamigay o itapon later at the end of my stay sa US, siya pa kaya?Meron ding instances na namulot kami ng re-usable items sa garbage dump, pero tahimik lang kami at di namin ipinangangalandakan.

Paawa effect itong si Leni. Over-acting to the point of hypocrisy. Wala ba syang concept about preserving the dignity and image of our country?

Edited by camiar
  • Like (+1) 1

May pera pumuntang Amerika tapos paaralin ang anak sa Harvard. Tapos pakikita sa media na namumulot ng basura. Ano tawag dun?

1. Scholarship

2. Education is an investment, and Harvard is an opportunity of a lifetime. Kahit mahal ang tuition eh kakayanin dahil investment nga.

3. Alamin mo muna gastos ni VP bago ka humusga. She was in LA for a fundraiser. Maybe they paid for all her expenses. It is also possible that she paid for it out of her own pocket. Even if that was the case, it doesn't mean na hindi pwedeng mag tipid kung saan kaya. Example: ugaling pinoy ang magibang bansa tapos maghahanap ng kamaganak na matutuluyan para menos gastos sa hotel at pagkain.

Our company spends more for our managers and executives when they travel so they will not scrimp and make the company, whom they represent, look bad. It is good business to preserve the dignity and image of the company.

Same is true with our government officials. There have to look and act dignified, especially if they are in other countries. You don't have to steal to buy things to make you look dignified. It's all in you actions and in being discreet.

Kung ako nga, ordinaryong mamamayan, bumili ng murang furnitures sa Ikea na puede kong ipamigay o itapon later at the end of my stay sa US, siya pa kaya?Meron ding instances na namulot kami ng re-usable items sa garbage dump, pero tahimik lang kami at di namin ipinangangalandakan.

Paawa effect itong si Leni. Over-acting to the point of hypocrisy. Wala ba syang concept about preserving the dignity and image of our country?

There is nothing degrading about recycling used items. Your company may frown upon this because they need to project an image of wealth and high standards but, the VP, in her own private capacity, does not need to pretend to the world that she is rich or that she is too good for used items.

..And NO, hindi siya paawa effect. "nakakatuwa dun kasi pinupulot lang namin sa basurahan yung mga gamit" She was merely enthusiastic about the "great finds" in the streets of Boston.

1. Scholarship

2. Education is an investment, and Harvard is an opportunity of a lifetime. Kahit mahal ang tuition eh kakayanin dahil investment nga.

3. Alamin mo muna gastos ni VP bago ka humusga. She was in LA for a fundraiser. Maybe they paid for all her expenses. It is also possible that she paid for it out of her own pocket. Even if that was the case, it doesn't mean na hindi pwedeng mag tipid kung saan kaya. Example: ugaling pinoy ang magibang bansa tapos maghahanap ng kamaganak na matutuluyan para menos gastos sa hotel at pagkain.

Puro ka maybe, it is also possible, in other words di ka sure. Bakit hindi pa pwede tumawag muna ng media for PR effect lang?

Puro ka maybe, it is also possible, in other words di ka sure. Bakit hindi pa pwede tumawag muna ng media for PR effect lang?

Iilan tao lang ba ang nakikinig sa DZXL? If you haters really believe na PR effect lang toh, then your troll army should simply stop spreading the news. Eh sila din ang nagpapalaki ng mga issues eh. Kung tumahimik lang sila eh di hindi magiging viral ito and the VP would not get mileage out of her "stunt".

Edited by juan t

So what do you wanna call it? Pahumble effect? :lol:

Although highly questionable, she is the VP and it would be unbecoming for the second-highest public official to say something like that. It would have been fine if she said it as Citizen Leni because one would really care but she represents RP, regardless of the purpose of the trip.

Ill repeat. These were her excact words "nakakatuwa dun kasi pinupulot lang namin sa basurahan yung mga gamit". Its not paawa. Its not pahumble. Happy lang siyang mag kwento about free stuff you can get in the States. And how is it unbecoming? What is wrong with recycling used items?

Nothing wrong with recycling used furniture. Nothing illegal for sure nor reprehensible. Non-issue ito except for implacable Leni critics such as Antonio Contreras. This DLSU prof, a confessed Little Boy Marcos supporter, is desperate to find fault on the VP, pinatulan pati ito. It seems what she did was not uncommon as camiar professed he has done it himself.

A common spin to this anecdote of VP Leni is that she is well grounded. That despite being in the US and watching over her daughter get settled in for Harvard, she is as real as any other Filipino/Fil-Am and not averse to rummage for used stuff, even on a dumpster. If it was Digong making this anecdote, I'm sure high praises ang mga Digong fans natin dito. "Totoong tao si Tatay Digong, hindi corrupt, kita mo hindi nahihiyang gumamit ng second -hand. Yung bahay nga niya maliit at hindi mansyon. Hindi corrupt."

Personally, I find nothing wrong for a government official, acting in a personal capacity as a doting mother, to do whatever means necessary to provide for her daughter as long as it is not immoral or illegal. Walang nakakahiya duon. If I find that demeaning, I'd might as well also look down on our kababayans who at times, have to humble themselves to survive.

In this age of fake news, however, there is of course another spin to this.

The spin bureau can be vicious and suddenly haughty when pouncing on a target. Observe how high the standards of governance is suddenly applied when it comes to the VP in contrast to the PDuts. Biglang nakakahiya na ngayon na ang second-highest government official is reduced to rummaging for used furniture for her daughter. Nakaka-demean at nakakahiya para sa ating mga Pinoy. "Nakakahiya naman sa mga Amerikano, ano magiging tingin nila sa ating mga Pinoy." Suddenly, we hold in high regard the approval of the Americans (or the whole world for that matter). Ito ngang si PDuts pinagmumura yang mga dayuhan e. We don't need them, ikanya.

Another negative spin to this is say, "hindi na niya kailangan sabihin yun, ano siya nagpapaawa o pinamumukha na hindi siya mayaman o corrupt?" I find this nitpicking a bit silly. It was said in a freeflowing conversation on a radio show. She can say what she wants to say. You don't have to take it seriously, dismiss it as false if you want to, much as what happens when Digong goes on his endless monologues. Pag sinabi ni Digong na "hindi ako nagmamalinis. marami rin akong ninakaw pero ubos na" which is way more explosive, dedma lang.

Politics of personality at its worst.

Nothing wrong with recycling used furniture. Nothing illegal for sure nor reprehensible. Non-issue ito except for implacable Leni critics such as Antonio Contreras. This DLSU prof, a confessed Little Boy Marcos supporter, is desperate to find fault on the VP, pinatulan pati ito. It seems what she did was not uncommon as camiar professed he has done it himself.

A common spin to this anecdote of VP Leni is that she is well grounded. That despite being in the US and watching over her daughter get settled in for Harvard, she is as real as any other Filipino/Fil-Am and not averse to rummage for used stuff, even on a dumpster. If it was Digong making this anecdote, I'm sure high praises ang mga Digong fans natin dito. "Totoong tao si Tatay Digong, hindi corrupt, kita mo hindi nahihiyang gumamit ng second -hand. Yung bahay nga niya maliit at hindi mansyon. Hindi corrupt."

Personally, I find nothing wrong for a government official, acting in a personal capacity as a doting mother, to do whatever means necessary to provide for her daughter as long as it is not immoral or illegal. Walang nakakahiya duon. If I find that demeaning, I'd might as well also look down on our kababayans who at times, have to humble themselves to survive.

In this age of fake news, however, there is of course another spin to this.

The spin bureau can be vicious and suddenly haughty when pouncing on a target. Observe how high the standards of governance is suddenly applied when it comes to the VP in contrast to the PDuts. Biglang nakakahiya na ngayon na ang second-highest government official is reduced to rummaging for used furniture for her daughter. Nakaka-demean at nakakahiya para sa ating mga Pinoy. "Nakakahiya naman sa mga Amerikano, ano magiging tingin nila sa ating mga Pinoy." Suddenly, we hold in high regard the approval of the Americans (or the whole world for that matter). Ito ngang si PDuts pinagmumura yang mga dayuhan e. We don't need them, ikanya.

Another negative spin to this is say, "hindi na niya kailangan sabihin yun, ano siya nagpapaawa o pinamumukha na hindi siya mayaman o corrupt?" I find this nitpicking a bit silly. It was said in a freeflowing conversation on a radio show. She can say what she wants to say. You don't have to take it seriously, dismiss it as false if you want to, much as what happens when Digong goes on his endless monologues. Pag sinabi ni Digong na "hindi ako nagmamalinis. marami rin akong ninakaw pero ubos na" which is way more explosive, dedma lang.

Politics of personality at its worst.

If she done it for her daughter why brought the media? Pwede naman niyang gawin yun na walang nakakaalam diba?

Ano ba ang mas masahol ang self confess corrupt na madaming daw ninakaw o yun mamulot ng mga bagay na itinapon na?

lol

If she done it for her daughter why brought the media? Pwede naman niyang gawin yun na walang nakakaalam diba?

Did she brought the media nun ginawa niya or she just tell the story on a radio program?

Ill repeat. These were her excact words "nakakatuwa dun kasi pinupulot lang namin sa basurahan yung mga gamit". Its not paawa. Its not pahumble. Happy lang siyang mag kwento about free stuff you can get in the States. And how is it unbecoming? What is wrong with recycling used items?

Well apparently to some one is more dignified when the public official claims to be corrupt, for having stolen so much as to getting things which have been disposed of in the garbage. Moral of the story ... Magnakaw ka na lang sa kaban ng bayan para makapamuhay ng marangya kaysa mamulot ka ng 2nd hand ...Lol

Of couse it was also not unbecoming of a president when RD made a joked (well i hope so) that he should have been the first one to rape that pretty australian lay missioner.

.... Hahaha

Di naman kailangan palakihin pa yang issue na yan. If you actually had experience studying in the US, mapa-Harvard man o kahit anong top-ranked school pa yan, at the end of every school year eh yung mga graduating students pag nag-vacate ng dorms eh iniiwan mga gamit nila precisely for the use of the incoming students. It's not stealing, it's not mendicancy, it's just how it is. Kahit na may pera ka pa mag-aral sa Harvard o kung saan pa, convenient lang na pagdating mo sa dorm eh piliin mo yung mga naka-pile dun na gamit na magagamit mo. This is especially true for graduate students na karamihan galing sa ibang bansa at hindi na nila madadala lahat yan pauwi kaya iniiwan para sa mga susunod na grad students.

Did she brought the media nun ginawa niya or she just tell the story on a radio program?

Excactly! Hindi naman nag pa press-con si VP. This is just her talking on a radio show, nagkekwento about her daughter starting school in Harvard. At syempre, hindi pwedeng palampasin ng mga propagandist at gagawan ng issue yung innocenteng bagay.

Di naman kailangan palakihin pa yang issue na yan. If you actually had experience studying in the US, mapa-Harvard man o kahit anong top-ranked school pa yan, at the end of every school year eh yung mga graduating students pag nag-vacate ng dorms eh iniiwan mga gamit nila precisely for the use of the incoming students. It's not stealing, it's not mendicancy, it's just how it is. Kahit na may pera ka pa mag-aral sa Harvard o kung saan pa, convenient lang na pagdating mo sa dorm eh piliin mo yung mga naka-pile dun na gamit na magagamit mo. This is especially true for graduate students na karamihan galing sa ibang bansa at hindi na nila madadala lahat yan pauwi kaya iniiwan para sa mga susunod na grad students.

Bullseye! Just to add, during this time when students are moving in, many nearby residents who have unwanted items or clutter, take this opportunity to get rid of their junk by just leaving them out curbside for the taking by anyone who is interested.

Intindihin na lang na hindi naman lahat na mahilig mag comment eh alam kung ano ba talaga ang kalakaran doon.

Actually hindi lang sa US nangyayari yan. May kakilala akong guro kung saan yun paaralan na pinagtuturuan niya ay may programa kung saan ang mga estudyante niya ay pumupunta sa china para magaral ng ilang buwan. Para na rin itong cultural experience. Sinasamahan nila ang mga pumupuntang estudyante at bago umalis sa orientation nga sinasabi nila lagi may mga ilang kagamitan na di na nila kailangan dalhin mula dito kasi unang una dagdag lang sa bagahe, ikalawa dahil mura lang naman din kung bibilhin doon at ikatlo kadalasan ay may aabutan na sila sa dorm dahil iniiwan na lang ng previous batch.

Geopolitical grandmaster huh.. He has the respect of Xi huh. Thats funny cause when I look at the West Philippine Sea situation, all I see is disrespect of our sovereignty.

More of kissing xi's ass and short of licking his balls. Ano nga ba famous line ni Duterte nun nagpasaring ang tsina ... "What can i do?" ...respect my ass lol

Now this makes a lot of sense and is the more plausible reason for picking up discarded furniture.

Again, a non-issue.

Yung mga nagsasabi na undignified for a VP to do this and are mum on (and even praise) Duterte's unstatesman-like verbal tirades against foreign dignitaries, foreign leaders and established international bodies such as the United Nations. need to deeply examine their value system.

Knowing this is a non-issue, here is the bigger picture:

Partisan politics lang ito. It is a talking point being pushed by Bong Bong Marcos supporters to undermine the positive news and good vibes brought about by Aika Robredo's passing the rigorous entrance requirements of Harvard University and Oxford. Add to this, the daughter, choosing Harvard, follows in the footsteps of her late dad, the revered Jesse Robredo who earned his masters degree at Harvard in 1999. His father's daughter. A great story that everyone can be inspired with.

Yun nga lang it runs counter to Little Boy Marcos' political plans kaya kailangan hanapan ng butas. Baka maikumpara kay Sandro. So step one, harangin ang pagpasok ng bata sa Harvard by writing an appeal to the school to rescind its acceptance of the young Robredo. Step two, intrigahin ang pamilya sa malicious accusation of corruption kahit walang katiting na ebidensya. Parehong wa-epek. Pinipigilan ang pag-angat ng kaaalaman ng isang matalinong Pinay na pumasa sa Harvard on her own merits. Crab mentality sa ngalan ng politika. Yung mga maka-LBM naman kagat na kagat sa talking points nila. Pathetic robots.

Tama!

Tumahimik na lang. Dignified silence. ika nga.

Ipagmakahiya naman nya and Office of the Vice President.

I hope President Duterte heeds your advice. Sa totoo lang, mas kailangan niya yan.

Para sa lalong ikauunlad ng Pilipinas.

Edited by everyman

Kung nagpa-presscon si VP Leni just to announce this, over nga siguro. Pero hindi.

Public official yang VP, on the course of her duties (or in this case, radio show for the public), hindi mapipigilan maging honest and open even on personal things. Ganun din naman si PDuts, open nga siya na pumatay ng tao at magnakaw ng malaki sa kaban ng bayan, TMI diba? Sana sinarili na lang niya para walang kontrobersya. Pero such is public service. Transparency. Openness. Yun ang gusto ng Pinoy.

Kapag nananahimik naman yung VP, pupulaan naman ng walang ginagawa. Saan naman lulugar yung tao? :)