I am not omniscient and I relied on the news. As if you know. The next time you quote me, you elaborate on it instead of telling me I don't know. Halatang trolling ka. :lol:

Well i though you know ... Which is why i asked.

I also relied on news and this is what i got.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/06/10/17/us-special-forces-aid-philippine-troops-to-end-marawi-siege

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/10/u-s-special-forces-helping-philippines-troops-in-battle-against-militants-allied-to-islamic-state.html

Kahit paano magkakaidea ka kung anong technical support ang ibinigay this time. Nun una kasi mga sandata.

Edited by rooster69ph

Then elaborate on it instead of trolling and saying I don't know. :lol:

Sabi ko nga ikaw ang nag post, kala ko alam mo kaya kita tinanong eh hindi pala.

So nagkusa na akong maghanap ng kasagutan...marami naman palang makikitang kasagutan. Di na kailangan magtanong sa US Special Forces tulad ng sinuggest mo. Masyadong complicated ... Lol

I simply stated a fact and you asked a question and I answered it. Then you counter with "in other words, you don't know." I then told you I am not omniscient. If you showed those references earlier to elaborate on it, then this conversation wouldn't be taking place.

That "you don't know" is a fact. Had you just told me from the start that you just relied on the news that doesn't say much about it instead of what you first replied, this conversation wouldn''t be taking place.

But of course, ego always makes it difficult to simply say i don't know or the news article i read didn't say anything about it.

Let's move on ... Pagagalitan na naman tayo ni FDL. Nothing further to argue unless you can't do without having the final say as always.

Edited by rooster69ph

Did Gibo give any timeline for you to wonder what the basis of the president is in saying that this will be over in 3 days? The crux of Gibo's post was about airstrikes and the treachery of the Mautes.

Did i say he did? Show me where? Again trying to twist thing to make an issue? Great.

the post talks about using airstrikes to end this quickly than to prolong. There are pros and cons to it...and he know this. Thus I wonder if the president knows or at least was informed and listened. Because if he did then obviouly there is no way this was going to end in 3 days given the expected civilian casualties even if the airstrikes is at his disposal. Even The AFP didn't agree in the first place to what he said by saying it is the ground commander who is in a better position to say when this will end. Still what happened after the 3 days lapse? sabi ng presidente malapit na malapit na daw, june 12, that's today, where he looks to liberate Marawi. Will it happen? You tell me.

You're gonna make a lame excuse again by asking a question if you said he did. You don't even understand your own post. You said that Gibo had a better understanding of the situation in Marawi from the outside looking in. On the next paragraph, you used the adverb "thus", which means your second paragraph is connected to your first paragraph. In other words, your second paragraph would contain the result of your first paragraph. In your second paragraph, you said you wondered where the president got his basis that the Marawi siege would end in three days. Understand your own post first before commenting.

The airstrikes, as Gibo said, supports the president's stand in giving that ultimatum. Again, we are talking strictly about what Gibo said and don't try to put strawman arguments. I will corner those strawman arguments.

Una you're asking me if Giba did give a timeline...i asked you to show me where did i say or claim he did. Wala ka mapakita.

Now you're telling me i said Gibo had a "better" understanding? Really? Is that what i said? Saan, show me. I said he had a "great" understanding not " better" as you're insinuating. Nagiimbento ka kasi ng sinasabi ko kaya iba iba interpretation mo.

Yes he support the airstrikes but that's about it. He supports the ultimatum? So saan yun sinangayunan niya yun 3 days tapos na? Show me.

To be fair to the president he knows and said kayang tapusin kung bobombahin lang niya disregarding lives and properties. But siya na rin nagsabi hindi yun ang gagawin niya and yet despite the difficult amd tricky situation, 3 days? Worst sablay na yun 3 days deadline june 12 naman daw. Tell me you believe him o since uso ang palusot na "misinterpreted" eh misinterpreted nga siya lol.

Yeah, minor oversight that I admit to but the point of is, your first paragraph is connected to your second paragraph based on the adverb you used, "thus". Don't wiggle your way out of this. Cornered ka na.

Read and understand your own post before commenting. I asked you that question based on your very own post. This is proof that you didn't even understand your own post. Remember, it was you who commented on my post and I replied to your post based on your reply to my post. :lol:

Not once but twice ... Oversight? You're forgiven, stop twisting everything i said. I've said my piece i don't control how you interpret it because you want to defend the president. Edited by rooster69ph

I don't really care what the president says. I care about the results and, so far, the troops are gaining ground in Marawi.

results or goals should be measurable and time bounded ... in case you are not aware.

in this case the desired result is to be able to defeat the maute group ... and he said in 3 days. it's gaining grounds but not yet fully accomplish.

kung sa isang magaaral na kailangan nagsubmit ng project in 3 days ang deadline pwede mo bang sabihin kay ma'am na wag mo bigyan ng failing mark o incomplete kasi kahit di tapos at hindi naisubmit sa deadline eh gaining grounds naman. lol

According to you.

So what? The fact is the government troops are gaining ground. Who cares if he said 3 days? It's obvious that you care since you've been repeating it ad nauseam.

really how did you know they are gaining grounds have you been there in marawi or you rely on news that when asked you have no idea.

so if they really are gaining grounds kailan more or less matatapos itong kaguluhan na ito.

Like I said, ask the ground commanders.

Buy a ticket to Marawi or maybe Iligan. Or if you think it's too expensive, I heard Senator Migz Zubiri is sponsoring other senators who wanna go to Marawi to check the situation. You might wanna write Senator Migz.

so sino yun ground commander?

name please ... o hindi mo alam/kilala?

Edited by rooster69ph

Do your research. I don't spoonfeed.

and i don't just follow orders from anyone.

masakit ...pero proven again hindi mo nanaman alam sinasabi mo. papauso ka na naman o malamang best case scenario hearsay. you can't back up your claims when push comes to shove.

at the very least you can't even give the name of the ground commander you are referring to so do the research yourself to at least have some sense of credibility. i won't play your game. its your words/claim that is being questioned here.

Edited by rooster69ph

I believe what the ground commanders say.

I never said anything about knowing the ground commander that is why I told you to do your research.

So in a nutshell this is just what just happened ...

You said that you believe what the ground commanders said to boost your arguments. Unfortunately you cannot identify because who they are since you really don't know anything about them. You didn't even validate their statements if indeed there were at all. How gullible and foolish can that be.

Aba'y kung ganoon ang usapan at argumento madali ko rin sabihin na sabi nun maute malapit na nila ma control ang marawi. Sino sa maute ang nagsabi? Basta mauti do your research, i Never said anything about knowing the maute that is why i told you to do your research. Lol

I think you are the one who needs to do some research. Mahirap makipagtalo batay sa kwentong kutsero na hindi mismo mapatunayan ng pinagsasabi mo.

I don't need to know who the ground commanders are because they feed information to the AFP spokesperson. Of course, you're gonna cheaply try to discredit this statement of mine by saying "so ngayon AFP spokersperson" but how else would the AFP spokesperson know except from the ground commanders. The ground commanders are the primary sources of information for the AFP and I don't need to know who they are that is why I asked you to research. Your past few posts have been ad hominems because you really could not discredit me.

Believe what you wanna believe. This is another trolling post.

Speak for yourself.

I am not questioning the AFP chain of command or how informations are passed on from the ranks. What is in question here is the veracity of the information you claim. kung na validate mo mismo hindi hearsay. Na totoong may sinabi nga ang ground commander at totoo yun sinasabi.

And you want to use what the ground commander/afp spokeperson for what purpose? to prove that the battle is making progress. Eh yan din sinabi ni Duterte, ang kanilang commander-in-chief, na nagkakaprogress na kaya nga di na nga daw tatagal at in three days matatapos na ito. Eh more than a week na nagdaan mukhang hindi pa nating nakikita ang linaw ng kaguluhang ito.

Huh? What veracity are you talking about? First of all, you said you are not questioning the chain of command or how information is passed from the ranks. Then you say "na totoong may sinabi ang mga ground commander at totoo yun sinasabi".

You said information do come from the ground commander to the afp spokeperson that is non debatable being the norm.

However, various scenario can happen such as the ground commander not telling the truth so instead of telling his superiors they are not gaining grounds he will say they are. Another is that in reality they are nor gaining grounds and h3 honestly told his superiors about it but since it won't look good the afp is force to lie and claim they are gaining grounds.

Like I said, ask the ground commanders. Go to Marawi if you really wanna know.

Why should i? You have the burden to prove your claim.

Ask the people in marawi specially those caught in between the line of fire kung di sila atat na atat matapos ito.

Besides ang pinaguusapan ay laban sa pagbawi ng marawi sa mga mauti hindi laban sa mga maute at kung sino pang mga terrorista in general.

Possible ... And this further strengthen my point that cutter should not be too gullible to believe everything said as gosple truth.

I wouldn't ask the Marawi residents. I know they want it to end asap.

I'm asking you.

Di ka naman affected. Pare-pareho lang tayo na nasa sidelines. And I assume you understand by now the complexity of fighting in built-up areas (FIBUA) being carried out by our soldiers who are primarily trained in jungle fighting. The Navy's SOG and PNP's SAF are trained in that kind of warfare, but our Army and Marines are more into jungle and open field warfare.

Nevertheless, PRRD is correct in letting the Military Commanders do the details of managing of the military campaign, including asking for and getting, US ISR (intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaisance) support, while he does his leadership role -- i.e. show the people his presence there, reassuring the Marawi residents that it will be over soon, while at the same time demoralizing the enemy by saying that their time will end soon.

Edited by camiar

I wouldn't ask the Marawi residents. I know they want it to end asap.

I'm asking you.

Di ka naman affected. Pare-pareho lang tayo na nasa sidelines.

Kailangan mo pa ba akong tanungin...hindi ba obvious ang sagot?

So since di ka din affected can i safely assume based on your post that unlike me you don't want it to end ASAP?

Nevertheless, PRRD is correct in letting the Military Commanders do the details of managing of the military campaign, including asking for and getting, US ISR (intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaisance) support, while he does his leadership role -- i.e. show the people his presence there, reassuring the Marawi residents that it will be over soon, while at the same time demoralizing the enemy by saying that their time will end soon.

Like i said If that is the case (demoralizing the enemy by saying their time will end soon) then that's fine. However kung paulit-ulit lang (ie. In 3 days, followed by by june 12 independence day will also be the day of liberation of marawi then a couple of times more similar incident in the future na hindi naman nangyayari), tingin mo madedemoralize ang kalaban? For all you know baka pinagtatawanan lang siya.

Edited by rooster69ph

I don't really care what the president says. I care about the results and, so far, the troops are gaining ground in Marawi.

You wanted to know when this will end, right? Then go to Marawi and question the ground commanders. What claim did I make? You asked a question. I answered it when I told you to ask the ground commanders. If you don't wanna go, then you can speculate for all I care.

Just to be reminded the first post quoted above is what you claim.

And why should i be burdened and go to marawi? As far as i am concerned it's you who claimed and told me that troops are gaining ground in marawi. You can't even name the ground commanders whom you supposedly got your info. Talk is cheap as such what is there to further speculate when clearly no substance can be provided to it.

So the bottom line is you are a Doubting Thomas. You really have no idea what is happening on the ground. It would be stupid for a ground commander to lie. I believe lying to your superiors, especially on matters of combat, would lead to a court martial.

If it is someone who does not believe everything he is told of easily unless there is proof of its veracity then Yes, i am a doubting thomas. Is there anything wrong with that?

I presented two scenarios. What if its the one in which the ground commanders didn't lie but rather the afp spokeperson did maybe upon instruction/orders from above (ie. Commander in chief)? How can the ground commander be subjected to court martial for lying then?

Like Camiar said when duterte claimed we are gaining grounds and all of this could end in three days it could be just to reassure the people and to demoralize the enemy.

Edited by rooster69ph

We are talking here about the ground commanders. Why would you bring what I said about Duterte one page back?

Papalusot ka na naman ... you just asked what did you claim. there it is, you claimed that the military is gaining ground so prove it. Wait no longer need to ask. You can't.

I just exposed that you are a Doubting Thomas and you validated it. That is why you go to Marawi and ask the ground commanders instead of whining about the deadline that Duterte gave.

But of course there is no denying that i don't easily get swayed by claims made and those who made the claim should be able to back it up themselves

I doubted what you told me ... in fact never trusted a word said. i already validated that you can't substantiate your claim. I am already satisfied with that thus no need to go to marawi to conduct a witch hunt of your source whom you can't even personally identify. Just a waste of time and effort for all your foolishness.

Edited by rooster69ph

Why do I need to prove something which was already said by the AFP spokesperson? You have been reduced to cheapshot ad hominem arguments because you can't disprove that the AFP is gaining ground which you are implicitly accusing of not gaining ground. You are disputing it so you are the one who is supposed to give proof that the AFP is not gaining ground.

The same reason why you should not immediately believe what their commander in chief said. Maaring hindi totoo. Natapos ba in 3 days as he said ... hindi di ba.

I don't need to disprove anything coz you've proven nothing in the first place.

You are just repeating the 3-day ultimatum like a broken record. I already discredited that silly statement a couple of posts back. Another fallacious ad hominem. Continue on demonstrating your trolling modus operandi.

Yun na nga eh ... so i guess you should be able to get the point by now. Hindi dahil sinabi ng afp spokesman eh paniwalaan mo agad sa sobrang pagkagullible at baka makuryente ka kung hindi mo alamin sa iyong sarili.

Yun presidente na pinaka boss nun afp eh sumablay sa claim nga niya eh hindi ba iisa lang ang pinanggagalingan ng impormasyon nila dapat?

Edited by rooster69ph

You and your patented cheap-shot ad hominems. I would certainly believe the AFP spokesperson who would issue a statement based on what the ground commanders tell him. You are just trolling on this thread and repeating your ranting and whining.

Trolling and ad hominems? I Don't think so. I am sticking to the issue on hand trying to determine whether your claim that the afp is gaining ground is a true or not by asking you to provide substance to your claim. The problem here is that you choose to take the word of the afp spokeperson without validating their statement and want to force me to accept it as gosple truth.

The fact of the matter is at times we get to read in the papers statements supposedly made by the afp and maute which is conflicting with each other. So what makes you think the afp and not the maute is telling the truth or vice versa... With certainty at that? Halimbawa, yun balita kung ilang percent na lang ba ng marawi ang kontrolado ng maute eh magkaiba sila.

Mahirap naman lalu na't nagpapalitan ng kuro-kuro na basta kung ano lang yun pinaniniwalaan mo ay siyang tama kahit hindi mo mapatunayan at sabihing factual yun. If you choose just to believe without validating it's your choice but don't peddle it as a fact, Opinion maari pa.

Edited by rooster69ph

The fact of the matter is at times we get to read in the papers statements supposedly made by the afp and maute which is conflicting with each other. So what makes you think the afp and not the maute is telling the truth or vice versa... With certainty at that? Halimbawa, yun balita kung ilang percent na lang ba ng marawi ang kontrolado ng maute eh magkaiba sila.

mas naniniwala ka ba sa Maute na ang pinaka purpose is to inflict fear and terror to marawi residents? cge nga....

So, you are giving credence to the Maute group, a terrorist group which kills people. Hahaha! :lol:

You are entitled to your own opinion no matter how warped it is. The bottom line is you haven't disproven anything that I said and are still talking nonsense.

"He said, she said" naman kayo

depende lang naman yan sa pananaw

in the meantime,

our innocent, peace-loving filipino-muslim brothers and sisters and their families, residents of marawi,

the victims of this conflict,

have fled their homes and face an uncertain future

Edited by Kevin Kwan