So based on the statement in bold, you're saying that Marcos is honorable. Marcos does not need to prove that he is a hero. He is a Medal of Honor awardee and that makes him a hero.

you think so? hehe. kahit ikaw naman you know what i mean.

what makes him a hero? he is certainly the greatest when it comes to making up his accomplishments. he might have a fanbase in those circles which does make him a hero in that sense.

Look. We need also forgiveness.

I agree 200%! The Marcoses should start asking for it from the whole country and make amends. Only then, can moving on make sense.

No, you were the one who implied it. I was just stating it explicitly.

He was a "Medal of Valor" awardee. This award makes him a hero.

go ahead. state whatever you want. explicitly or in any kind of way. a waste of time, but feel free to do so. it is a free country, well, AFTER THE MARCOSES anyway.

you dont even believe a word you say. that i say explicitly. :-)

at para hindi OT: Du30 keeps saying that burying the plunderer in LNMB would heal the nation. so far, just the thought of it is creating more tension. it was never true anyway, that burying him would unite the country.

Incoherent statement

Just an opinion that won't stop the burial of Marcos at the LNMB. Move on.

the accuracy of your predictions is really reliable. just like BBM would demolish Leni the lackey at the polls. move.

incoherent: Marcos' desire was to be buried beside his mother in Ilocos. yet, people who supposedly adore him want to go against this wish and bury him elsewhere.

The last time I checked, there is an electoral protest against Robredo. Misplaced sarcasm as usual.

Duterte is just following the law, so whatever opinions others have about this burial are just opinions. The law supersedes any opinion.

Now, Du30 is s stickler for the law? you really are trying hard just for the sake of your misplaced logic.

oh and my post about BBM losing is not sarcasm. he lost. sya lang ang ngawa ng ngawa. and yet you said he was leading big in the polls. haha

did you also check na walang napunta sa bulsa niya kahit piso?? how sure are you?? control lang ng stocks ang sinabi, hindi ng totoong pera.

so masama na palang batikusin ang simbahan ngayon? bigoted bashing na agad pag simbahan pag pulitiko hindi? ANG GALING!!!

wala pa dyan yung bishop na humingi ng sasakyan ke GMA na hindi sosoli kung hindi na media at na scrutinize. Corrupt din sila. Grow up and wake up.

Opinion ko yan eh, kung sayo bigoted bashing, well sakin hindi. Hindi yan half thuths, ayaw mo lang talagang tanggapin

I don't need to be sure. It is normal practice for diocese to invest their money in stocks and business ventures.

Anyway a person is innocent until proven guilty.

Ikaw ba sigurado ka na ibinulsa ni Bishop ang pera?

Umpisa pa lang hindi na pinapayagan ang anumang negatibo (lalo na't wala namang direktang kaugnayan sa politiks) at kung sino man ang lumabag, papaalalahanan muna, pag hindi nakinig, suspensyon na ng account.

Hindi ko na sana kailangan sabihin ito ulit pero heto:

Unang-una, anything that connotes negativity (inciting to flame war, trolling etc.) is not tolerable in any forum (yes, not only here in MTC but several others)

Pangalawa, current events ang issue sa INC noon pero eventually isinara ko din dahil sa iilang pag labag sa patakaran ng komunidad at may ilang nasuspende rin.

At panghuli, hindi lang dito sa Politics ipinagbabawal ang pag atake sa anumang relihiyon kundi sa religion section din, at may mga nasuspende at na-ban na ring mga myembro doon.

I wouldn't have any problem if somebody questions the individual action or behavior of a Church member.

However, I cannot condone accusing one Church member of wrongdoing and then proceed to make generalized statement on the Church as a whole as if everyone in the church are doing the same thing.

How is stating the law as the basis for the burial of Marcos in the LNMB misplaced logic? You really have no sensible counter for my post so you reply with your usual ad hominem.

His loss is questionable, hence, there is a poll protest. Read and understand your own post before saying that what you posted was not sarcasm. Or don't you know the meaning of the word "sarcasm"?

Ang galing mo. You really understand everything. And you support a very honorable man in Marcos whose family got very very wealthy just on a president's salary. What talent! And the family of the people who got lost or were murdered during his administration should just move on.

He really is deserving of honors and should be buried with other heroes.

Marcos family and supporters keep saying ilibing na sa LNMB para maka "move on" and Pilipinas.

But why can't they "move on" din sa sarili nila at ilibing nalang din sa Ilocos?

isang malaking katarantaduhan yan ...

first and foremost, matagal na dapat nag move on ang mga Marcos nun nakipagsundo sila kay FVR under the terms and conditions para maiuwi at mailibing ang labi ni Marcos. Ang mga Marcos ang hindi tumupad sa kasunduan.

Let me ask you the same question. Aangat ba ekonomiya natin pag inilibing si Marcos sa LNMB?

Burying him there does not end this issue, but instead opens up old wounds.

You say "move on" to the victims when you should be telling that to the perpetrators. Bakit hindi nalang mag "move on" ang mga Marcos at hayaan nila sa Ilocos si FM? Patay na yan! Wala ng pakialam yan kung saan siya nakalibing... And besides, it was his wish to be buried beside his mother, NOT at the LNMB.

Pag nilibing na yung tao, at least hindi na kelangan pagtalunan pa yang bagay na yan tungkol sa libing nya. Kasi tapos na. Nobody is asking you to change your opinion about him. If he is a monster then he is a monster.

If those idiot martial law victims wanna keep remaining a victim and live in the past then f#&k them. Yes I am telling them to go f#&k themselves especially the Aquino-cojuanco clans because I am just sick of all their drama. I am also sick of being reminded by the news everytime how evil marcos is. Enough! Ferdinand Marcos is dead. Let him be burried where his families wants him to and the President or existing laws allow him to. For the last 30 years ang kasaysayan natin naging tungkol na lang sa kasamaan ni Marcos at kung pano tayo niligtas ng mga Aquino, at araw araw kelangan isaksak yan sa kukote natin to the point na imbes pagpapatawad paghihiganti pa gusto mangyari. Ano ba napala ng pilipinas dyan? Kahit yun demokrasyang siansabi nila ay isang malaking kasinungalingan.

It may not end all issues but the way I see it, we move one step closer to just closing this chapter of history.

Let him be given proper respect being a former WWII veteran and head of the state, then just let history deal with him

Why is it that Police and Military violations on human rights during Martial Law must be blamed on Marcos, but those committed under the rule of Cory, Ramos, GMA, and Abnoy are not blamed on them?

Plain vindictiveness, isn't it?

Wooooooord!

Here is what pisses me off. Hangang ngayon inaalipusta at hinaharass pa din mga magsasaka ng hacienda luisita. But you barely find any news article about them. No documentaries that features this case and many insightful tidbits to the history of that place and the clan, no commentaries, nothing.

But every week we just have to be reminded of how evil Marcos was and how the Aquinos saved us.

If you ask me forgiveness is much better than allowing us to be tied to that part of our history.

Sabi ko nga, talagang galit kayo kay Marcos, di huwag nyo iboto mga angkan nila. Pero huwag din kayo ngumawa kung manalo sila. Cuz the way I see it, hindi naman unanimous pananaw ng lahat ng Pilipino tungkol sa kasamaan ni Marcos tulad ng gusto palabasin ng media.

If those idiot martial law victims wanna keep remaining a victim and live in the past then f#&k them. Yes I am telling them to go f#&k themselves especially the Aquino-cojuanco clans because I am just sick of all their drama. I am also sick of being reminded by the news everytime how evil marcos is. Enough! Ferdinand Marcos is dead. Let him be burried where his families wants him to and the President or existing laws allow him to. For the last 30 years ang kasaysayan natin naging tungkol na lang sa kasamaan ni Marcos at kung pano tayo niligtas ng mga Aquino, at araw araw kelangan isaksak yan sa kukote natin to the point na imbes pagpapatawad paghihiganti pa gusto mangyari. Ano ba napala ng pilipinas dyan? Kahit yun demokrasyang siansabi nila ay isang malaking kasinungalingan.

It may not end all issues but the way I see it, we move one step closer to just closing this chapter of history.

Let him be given proper respect being a former WWII veteran and head of the state, then just let history deal with him

You lack empathy my brother.

Wooooooord!

Here is what pisses me off. Hangang ngayon inaalipusta at hinaharass pa din mga magsasaka ng hacienda luisita. But you barely find any news article about them. No documentaries that features this case and many insightful tidbits to the history of that place and the clan, no commentaries, nothing.

But every week we just have to be reminded of how evil Marcos was and how the Aquinos saved us.

If you ask me forgiveness is much better than allowing us to be tied to that part of our history.

Sabi ko nga, talagang galit kayo kay Marcos, di huwag nyo iboto mga angkan nila. Pero huwag din kayo ngumawa kung manalo sila. Cuz the way I see it, hindi naman unanimous pananaw ng lahat ng Pilipino tungkol sa kasamaan ni Marcos tulad ng gusto palabasin ng media.

Why does every Marcos issue always have to turn into a Marcos vs. Aquino issue?

Really? Can you post those cases here that you said have been won against the Marcoses?

How sure are you that he would have been convicted had he lived?

Like I said earlier... For those who want to know the truth, the facts are there. You cant pick and choose just what you want to hear. I gave you a link of a video wherein BongBong acknowledges cases which granted compensation to human rights victims. You immediately dismissed it because you didn't like the source without even verifying it was credible news. The PCGG has recovered from the Marcos estate more than $4 billion - surely you cannot recover those without cases.

You lack empathy my brother.

Sawang sawa na ako makinig sa mga kwento ng mga tulad ni Satur Ocampo kung papano kinuryente bayag nya habang nakahiga sa yello. Ayoko na pakingan pa. Nakakasawa na. Empathy at the expense of what? The entire country being tied to the past, so much that leftists keep using this as an excuse to march on the streets? Or for current administrations to always use it as an escape goat everytime they screw up? No thanks! Like I said, these "victims" who want to remain victims can just go f#&k themselves. I am sick of hearing their bullshit and drama.

Thats just me being brutally honest.

The more important question is that why do we have to be reminded all the time how evil Marcos was, and how he is the reason why our country is in so much s@%t right now. Lahat na kasalanan na lang ni Marcos.

Moreover, bakit pag baho na mga Aquino paguusapan, laging iwas pusoy naman.

Ganito lang yan. Let Marcos have his burial. Let those who see him as a monster, continue doing so. The way I see it, hating hati sa gitna naman pilipino dito. So might as well agree to disagree. And those who see him as a hero will be happy, and those who hold a grudge damn him to their hearts content. Eitherway, we move on

Sawang sawa na ako makinig sa mga kwento ng mga tulad ni Satur Ocampo kung papano kinuryente bayag nya habang nakahiga sa yello. Ayoko na pakingan pa. Nakakasawa na. Empathy at the expense of what? The entire country being tied to the past, so much that leftists keep using this as an excuse to march on the streets? Or for current administrations to always use it as an escape goat everytime they screw up? No thanks! Like I said, these "victims" who want to remain victims can just go f#&k themselves. I am sick of hearing their bullshit and drama.

Thats just me being brutally honest.

The more important question is that why do we have to be reminded all the time how evil Marcos was, and how he is the reason why our country is in so much s@%t right now. Lahat na kasalanan na lang ni Marcos.

Moreover, bakit pag baho na mga Aquino paguusapan, laging iwas pusoy naman.

Ganito lang yan. Let Marcos have his burial. Let those who see him as a monster, continue doing so. The way I see it, hating hati sa gitna naman pilipino dito. So might as well agree to disagree. And those who see him as a hero will be happy, and those who hold a grudge damn him to their hearts content. Eitherway, we move on

Well the topic is about a Marcos Burial at the LNMB and why or why not we feel it is right. So you should expect arguments from the cons as to why he shouldn't be buried there. Now if you are sick and tired of hearing about the "evils" of Marcos, then maybe you should distance yourself from this thread. - (Suggestion lang po)

During Marcos era, my aunt and uncle owns a bakery. After martial law was declared, military people came to the bake shop and forced my aunt and uncle to give them daily food for free. They have no choice but to give way as they were terrified of them. Until one day, the shop got bankrupt and they are forced to close it. To the anger of the military men, they captured my aunt and uncle. Tortured them, raped my aunt while forcing my uncle watch. They were released after 2 months leaving my uncle with dismembered leg and my aunt pregnant. Later my uncle died because of complications and infection while my aunt later suffered from trauma.

Months later my cousin was born, without a father and his mother can no longer talk. It's very hard for our family to bear this, while it the worst for my cousin who will take this burden for the rest of his life.

Now, please don't tell my cousin an idiot victim. you just have no idea.

I don't care if you are sick and tired of hearing these stories, but you are not one of us. so just show some respect.

Well I am sorry to hear that

Ang mga lolo at lola ko pinahirapan din nung panahon ng mga hapon. Sadista daw talaga yan sila. Yun isa kong lolo na nagsundalo nabulag kaliwang mata. Pero nagpatawad naman sila, nabuhay, at namatay ilan sa kanila ng masaya at kuntento.

Pero kung ayaw nyo magpatawad, nasa inyo din yan. Kaya nga sabi ko agree to disagree na lang. But for chris' sake let our history and politics move on. Let the man be burried at LNMB, then huwag nyo dalawin puntod. Huwag nyo ituring na bayani. Huwag nyo din iboto mga buhay pa nilang angkan. Wala naman pumuipigil sa inyo nyan eh.

The way I see it, kahit dito, hating hati talaga mga tao sa issue na ito. And some of us just want to close this chapter of history to just start a new era of politics.

Well I am sorry to hear that

Ang mga lolo at lola ko pinahirapan din nung panahon ng mga hapon. Sadista daw talaga yan sila. Yun isa kong lolo na nagsundalo nabulag kaliwang mata. Pero nagpatawad naman sila, nabuhay, at namatay ilan sa kanila ng masaya at kuntento.

Pero kung ayaw nyo magpatawad, nasa inyo din yan. Kaya nga sabi ko agree to disagree na lang. But for chris' sake let our history and politics move on. Let the man be burried at LNMB, then huwag nyo dalawin puntod. Huwag nyo ituring na bayani. Huwag nyo din iboto mga buhay pa nilang angkan. Wala naman pumuipigil sa inyo nyan eh.

The way I see it, kahit dito, hating hati talaga mga tao sa issue na ito. And some of us just want to close this chapter of history to just start a new era of politics.

edmund, the guy is not contesting your opinion. read his post again. he is requesting for some respect for martial law victims after your profane post (i wonder why no action from the mods on this), they are NOT japanese war victims. Its a very far and wrong comparison. He is not even questioning your position on the threads issue.

be open minded

To all patrons of the Marcos Burial thread.

I would like to apologize for having that thread closed. Someone has to claim responsibility for it, and after my distasteful comment I will gladly man up and take one for the team.

DaphnelovesDerby,

You are right, profanity was uncalled for. I went full douchebag mode and I should not have done that.

Ibirp.

If you are reading this, I do not know you personally, but please accept my sincerest apology for what you have read. You did not deserve to hear something like that from a total stranger. And if respect is what you are asking for, let this act of humility be the evidence of my sincerity.

I am not even going to elaborate why I said what I did, as it would appear I am making excuses, so the best thing really for me to do is own up to it.

Again I am sorry

FluerdeLune

If you still can, please delete my comments, you may also raise my warning status, and reopen the thread again. I think that is fair because ako naman yun mali.

I promise to not participate na muna in that thread, since nasabi ko na naman gusto ko.

Lastly, I would like to say, the forums can sometimes bring out the devil in us. It is almost impossible most of the time to argue dispassionately. And because we have less restrictions online and more freedom, we tend to sacrifice things like prudence in the heat of discussion.

For what its worth though, I'll let you know that whatever beef I might seem to have with you in threads, from my end that will stay in the threads. Life is too short to hold online grudges. I can only hope you guys feel the same. Kung celebrities nga na sumasablay pinatatawad eh.

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, the guy has been dead for almost 30 years, yet, a noisy "yellow" minority want to dictate where he should get buried. However, their whining noise won't be able to stop the burial of a war hero (medal of valor), a soldier and president. Rody Duterte is just following the law and, as he said, the "yellows" had all the time in the world to create a law prohibiting the burial of Marcos at the LNMB but failed to do so. In their arrogance, this "yellow" minority must have thought that it would be a national travesty if someone even suggested the burial of Marcos at the LNMB. The law supersedes this noisy minority's opinion. Dura lex sed lex.

This post is a classic example of why this issue is not about uniting the country at all. It is more about a family trying to regain the power they once had, rewriting history and regaining their 'glory days'.

Like I said earlier... For those who want to know the truth, the facts are there. You cant pick and choose just what you want to hear. I gave you a link of a video wherein BongBong acknowledges cases which granted compensation to human rights victims. You immediately dismissed it because you didn't like the source without even verifying it was credible news. The PCGG has recovered from the Marcos estate more than $4 billion - surely you cannot recover those without cases.

Because we are f**cking sick and f**cking tired of the propaganda of "Saint Cory and the Holy Ninoy" being spread by Abnoy and the Yellow Army. Yes, Macoy did some nasty s@%t, yes he stole. But so did the Aquinos, both of them, along with Kamag Anak Inc. The Aquinos had cronies too, the Lopezes and Ayalas. The Aquinos got people killed too...Mendiola Massacre and Kidapawan Massacre. Macoy did some human rights abuse, but the Aquinos and their goons have been doing it to the Hacienda Luisita farmers and their familes on a daily basis since EDSA I. It was not a "freedom vs tyranny" thing. It was an intramural fight between 2 thieveing families of the oligarchy!

• Like (+1) 3

Marcos was never convicted of any moral turpitude and he was never dishonorably discharged from the army. Furthermore, he is a Medal of Valor winner. Marcos was a president, soldier and Medal of Valor winner, hence, he is qualified three times over. The Marcoses aren't fighting for anything because the law is on their side. Move on.

Marcos was never convicted because he died; simple as that.

But neither mean that he's guilty or not.

Yellow media would say the same thing. How sure are you that Marcos would have been convicted had he lived? Unless you are gifted with clairvoyance, this is another nonsensical conjecture.

If any suspect dies, the case gets automatically dropped. Don't blame this on yellow media because it's fact. I have not also mentioned that he is guilty.

I think your statement is the nonsensical.

Marcos was never convicted of any moral turpitude and he was never dishonorably discharged from the army. Furthermore, he is a Medal of Valor winner. Marcos was a president, soldier and Medal of Valor winner, hence, he is qualified three times over. The Marcoses aren't fighting for anything because the law is on their side. Move on.

Guilty of what? I already asked you a question and I will repeat, how sure are you that Marcos would have been convicted had he lived? I am blaming the yellow media for the lies peddlled about Marcos. What is it about my statement that is nonsensical?

Osama Bin Laden was never convicted of any moral turpitude. So I guess its the stupid media's fault for portraying him as a terrorist.

Hitler also was never convicted with relation to the Holocaust.... So I guess he had nothing to do with the murder of millions of Jews.

Both are probably innocent, because how sure are we that they would have been convicted if they were apprehended or was alive.

• Like (+1) 1

Marcos was never convicted because he died; simple as that.

But neither mean that he's guilty or not.

Yellow media would say the same thing. How sure are you that Marcos would have been convicted had he lived? Unless you are gifted with clairvoyance, this is another nonsensical conjecture.

If any suspect dies, the case gets automatically dropped. Don't blame this on yellow media because it's fact. I have not also mentioned that he is guilty.

I think your statement is the nonsensical.

Guilty of what? I already asked you a question and I will repeat, how sure are you that Marcos would have been convicted had he lived? I am blaming the yellow media for the lies peddlled about Marcos. What is it about my statement that is nonsensical?

Hindi mo yata naiintindihan yung mga sinasabi mo earlier. sinasabi ko sayo na dahil patay na si marcos, wala na trial na mangyayari kaya hindi mapapatunayan kung guilty cya or hindi. e ikaw, puro not guilty ka lang, sabay sisi mo sa yellow media.

basahin mo kaya uli mga sinasabi mo para maintindihan mo

It is really hilarious when yellowtards compare Marcos to Hitler and Bin Laden. This is an utterly asinine analogy. First and foremost, Marcos never issued a directive to k*ll Filipinos. Hitler had a directive to exterminate the Jews while Bin Laden declared war on America and with it a directive to k*ll Americans. The next time you make an analogy, make sure you know what you arr comparing.

I was comparing your asinine train of thinking. Basing all your arguments on the fact that Marcos was never convicted of a criminal act without looking at the facts and circumstances is just plain foolish.