Milwaukee Bucks

Alex_Corvis

The Raptors have won three straight with Kawhi on Ante. For the life of me, I don't know why Ante does not want to post up someone who is 5 inches shorter than him. At this point, it seems the Raptors had a more difficult time with the Sixers who pushed them to the limit in a Game 7 that could have gone either way.

The Raptors have won three straight with Kawhi on Ante. For the life of me, I don't know why Ante does not want to post up someone who is 5 inches shorter than him. At this point, it seems the Raptors had a more difficult time with the Sixers who pushed them to the limit in a Game 7 that could have gone either way.

If you look at Giannis’ highlights for most of the season, its mostly predicated

On fast breaks and taking it to the hoop. He doesnt have a polished back to the basket game that Kobe, Pierce , Kawhi , Lebron possesses which is critical during playoffs, also his outside shot is suspect and is daring his teammates to shoot 3’s. The Bucks have good shooters but not once in a lifetime GREAT shooters like Curry & Klay.

• 2 weeks later...

If you look at Giannis’ highlights for most of the season, its mostly predicated

On fast breaks and taking it to the hoop. He doesnt have a polished back to the basket game that Kobe, Pierce , Kawhi , Lebron possesses which is critical during playoffs, also his outside shot is suspect and is daring his teammates to shoot 3’s. The Bucks have good shooters but not once in a lifetime GREAT shooters like Curry & Klay.

Kawhi responded when the Raptors needed him most. This series proved that Ante is not yet in the league of Kawhi and Kobe. Ante choked when the Bucks needed someone to carry them.

Edited by will robie
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bucks made a mistake not signing Brogdon.

He's their glue.

The other pgs are back ups at most

I'm 100% sure they wanted to sign Brogdon but they don't have enough cap space dude. They prioritized Middleton over Brogon. Brogdon's Pacers contract is around 21M per year. No way they can sign both Middleton and Brogdon that's why they opted for sign and trade. Their biggest mistake is signing Bledsoe for 17M per year.

I'm going out on a limb and say that Carmelo Anthony might be a good fit for this Bucks team as currently constructed.

The obvious drawback is Melo's defense so there is no need to further explain that part.

However, his upside on offense can be pivotal come playoff time.

There is no consensus #2 option for the Bucks. Even though Middleton has the stats to claim the #2 scoring option, the NBA pundits have not given Middleton that level of respect to his game yet.

If Melo accepts a bench role, then he can come in to give instant offense when Giannis sits. He really would not need to adjust much otherwise because he will be generally surrounded with other shooters around the 3-point line. Melo will still command attention from opposing team defenses because of his mid-range and iso game. He will then have the option for a drive-and-kick or a pick-and-roll or whatever else in a motion offense.

If injuries strike to any key offensive player, then Melo could potentially somewhat fill that void on as well.

To sum it up, the Bucks is probably the only playoff-contending team that Melo can come in and not be pressured to become something he is not on offense. Also, he can potentially become a key player off the bench.

Call me crazy, but I believe the Bucks could just be one star player away from winning it all.

I'm 100% sure they wanted to sign Brogdon but they don't have enough cap space dude. They prioritized Middleton over Brogon. Brogdon's Pacers contract is around 21M per year. No way they can sign both Middleton and Brogdon that's why they opted for sign and trade. Their biggest mistake is signing Bledsoe for 17M per year.

Considering what Boston gave up to get Kemba, the Bucks could have had Kemba by trading away Bledsoe and a draft pick. Then that Brogdon loss would sting less.

Considering what Boston gave up to get Kemba, the Bucks could have had Kemba by trading away Bledsoe and a draft pick. Then that Brogdon loss would sting less.

"What Boston gave up to get Kemba"

I want to clarify this statement. First of all Boston wanted to keep Kyrie and Horford but the 2 decided to walk away. Boston moved to plan B which is engaging a sign and trade with the Hornets. Kemba Walker for Terry Rozier. The only player they gave up is Terry Rozier.

Regarding the Bucks and Hornets. These are the reasons why this won't happen.

1. Bledsoe's contract is around 17M/Year while Kemba signed a whopping 35M/ year with Boston. Can you see the disparity between Bledsoe and Kemba's contract?

2. This is not a regular trade between Celtics and Hornets. Kemba is a free agent which means he has a choice where he wants to play. Kemba wants to play in a big market team like Boston along with a max contract which clearly Bucks cannot give.

3. Even if Kemba wants to play for the Bucks, Milwaukee is not stupid to gut their entire team just to acquire Kemba unless Kemba wants to take a pay cut.

Middleton is a legit second option. He is also an All-Star. The respect that pundits do not give him has nothing to do with Middleton being a second option.

Barely an all-star IMHO. Bucks will pay him an average 35M per year. He'll be earning more than Kawhi, PG, KD, Kyrie, etc. :rolleyes:

Barely an all-star IMHO. Bucks will pay him an average 35M per year. He'll be earning more than Kawhi, PG, KD, Kyrie, etc.

The Bucks overpaid, in my opinion. Danny Ainge would never pay him a max contract unless he's KD. PG, Kawhi or Kyrie. The Cs could have kept Al Horford but Danny let him go due to differences in what both parties want in terms of salary and tenor of the contract.

Edited by will robie

The Bucks overpaid, in my opinion. Danny Ainge would never pay him a max contract unless he's KD. PG, Kawhi or Kyrie. The Cs could have kept Al Horford but Danny let him go due to differences in what both parties want in terms of salary and tenor of the contract.

Bucks overpaid Middleton because they're scared shitless to lose GA. I think it was a necessary move. If you look at his production it may seem they overpaid him but his chemistry with GA is undeniable plus he has no ego. They avoided overpaying Al Horford but IMHO they slightly overpaid Kemba Walker. While Kemba had a nice stat line, we all know he was playing for a bad team so we can assume some of his numbers are semi-inflated just like Devin Booker. I don't know how they'll be able pay both Jaylen Brown and Tatum.

Edited by red60

Bucks overpaid Middleton because they're scared shitless to lose GA. I think it was a necessary move. If you look at his production it may seem they overpaid him but his chemistry with GA is undeniable plus he has no ego. They avoided overpaying Al Horford but IMHO they slightly overpaid Kemba Walker. While Kemba had a nice stat line, we all know he was playing for a bad team so we can assume some of his numbers are semi-inflated just like Devin Booker. I don't know how they'll be able pay both Jaylen Brown and Tatum.

Yes, Kemba played for a bad team. Kemba was really a replacement for Kyrie so Danny slightly overpaid him since he was the closest to Kyrie talent wise among the point guards available. I can't blame Danny for letting go of Horford since Al is getting old. Al was good for Boston but his asking price was probably too much in Danny's opinion.

Middleton is lucky he has an MVP pining for him, otherwise, he would have signed with another team.

Edited by will robie