Dc And Marvel Universe

I like most the story of Superman, kaya lang ako na iinis sa DC nagkakaroon ng reset sa story nila. Unlike MArvel the story is continious.

yup. kakainis nga eh... they totally disregarded the john byrne era superman... now all the superman family are back... including krpto, the superdog (my gad!)...

I like most the story of Superman, kaya lang ako na iinis sa DC nagkakaroon ng reset sa story nila. Unlike MArvel the story is continious.

yup. kakainis nga eh... they totally disregarded the john byrne era superman... now all the superman family are back... including krpto, the superdog (my gad!)...

• 2 weeks later...

didn't get all the stories myself, but from the pieces I've read, here's what I gather (kind of long though)...

Wolverine was turned into the Horseman Death (the Shi'ar Deathbird is War) by Apocalypse, and ended up fighting the X-Men (I guess this would be where Logan got his Adamantium back, cause the X-Men believed it would take severe trauma for Wolverine to turn on his friends and be Apocalypse's minion)

when Logan first got his Adamntium, he also "lost" his mind and wandered the Canadian woods

Logan regained his senses in the middle of "The Twelve" storyline with the help of the people who cared much for him (Jubilee and Shadowcat) and who went through the same experience (Angel who was once Death)

The Twelve refer to mutants with great power which Apocalypse wanted to absorb to further evolve(?) himself

as for the Age of Apocalypse...

Xavier's son, the schizoprenic Legion, managed to integrate all his personalities and became "whole", and with that gained more powers than all his personalities' powers combined; being "sane" and able to think straight, he decided that the best way to get quality time with his dad was to help him with his dream, and got the notion that Magneto was to blame for all the bad things about people's perception of mutants

one of the new powers he manifested was time-travelling, and decided to go back in the past and k*ll Magneto before he "ruins" everything for Xavier; Bishop and a few X-Men tagged along and eventually tries to stop him, but when they got pounded by Legion (he is really powerful), he is now free to k*ll Magnus without obstruction, EXCEPT that Xavier sacrificed himself and took the klling blow meant for Magnus; since Xavier died before giving birth to Legion, time went a bit loopy for the future and all the time-travellers here went back, but in the past, Xavier is dead, Magnus decided to fulfill Xavier's dream, and Apocalypse "sensed" that the time for his move was earlier than anticipated

so Apocalypse started his plans early and ultimately wastes the US, Magneto forms the X-Men, and Bishop, being a chronal anomaly himself, found that he didn't get dragged and somehow retained memories of what should have been

the series itself focused on the X-Men's attempts to recorrect the timeline, with a few side-stories, and some characters managed to move into the real timeline (Nate Grey, the X-Man; Dark Beast, Holocaust, and Sugarman)

Dark Beast and Sugarman went back in the past, and was revealed to be responsible for the Genoshan Mutates (Sugarman) and i think the Morlocks (Dark Beast); don't know much about the Sugarman, but Dark Beast was a sick geneticist whom the AoA Apocalypse and Sinister simply tolerated

Nate and Holocaust came back in the present time; Nate resurrected Madeline Pryor with his awesome powers (what Cable would have been with the Techno-Virus) and Holocaust popped up in Asteroid M, resulting in a battle that destroyed the base

as a side not, Onslaught, the manifestation of Xavier's frustrations mixed with Magneto's dark personality, learned of the Age of Apocalypse and admired it and wanted to recreate it (?)

also, The Twelve storyline had a sub-storyline titled Ages of Apocalypse, where Apocalypse altered time and space (?) to get more power from the Twelve and complete his evolution

Marvel really milked that Age of Apocalypse for all it's worth :rolleyes:

after reading some recent DC stories, it seems all the heroes (or at least JLA members past and present) actually know each others' civilian identities

I'm pretty sure they didn't at first, since a Grant Morrison JLA issue had Batman and Superman discussing about sharing their secret ID to everyone in the League

how'd the revelations come up and which issues had those?

after reading some recent DC stories, it seems all the heroes (or at least JLA members past and present) actually know each others' civilian identities

I'm pretty sure they didn't at first, since a Grant Morrison JLA issue had Batman and Superman discussing about sharing their secret ID to everyone in the League

how'd the revelations come up and which issues had those?

superman told batman his secret identity when he gave batman a piece of kryptonite to k*ll superman with in the case when he gets out of control (he actually used it in one series which i forgot the name)... batman gave his in return... so far only batman, loiuse lane, and his parents know who he is...

"superman told batman his secret identity when he gave batman a piece of kryptonite to k*ll superman with in the case when he gets out of control (he actually used it in one series which i forgot the name"

--Yes, this goes to show the kind of weird relationship Batman and Supes have between them. I can't remember the episode now but the scene was when Superman paid the Bat a visit in the Batcave. Superman gave the Krytptonite to Batman saying that he wished to give the piece to somebody he can trust -- to someone he knows will do the job.

Superman actually meant that he trusted Batman to do the right thing just in case Superman turned evil --even to a point that Batman will have to k*ll him if that's what it took.

Both guys have a lot of respect for each other as much as both of them despised each other's way of doing things. Superman was all for justice served while Batman will not think twice about hurting criminals to get what he wants. This is why criminals fear the Batman more---because they know his dark side.

Edited by 16track

Despite that Bats does not possess any metahuman abilities (almost all the other JLA members are metahumans) , he is the only member that Superman trusts....his intellect, escapology, detective and hand to hand combat skills makes up for his lack of "powers"......they have come a long way in DC history. The Batman is the only person that Superman fears and trusts.....Superman may be the "leader" of the Justice League...but it is the Batman that barks the orders & pulls the strings :D

Has anyone here been reading DC's excellent mini-series "Identity Crisis"?

I've really enjoyed it so far.

Who do you think is the killer or killer(s)? The suspects include: Doctor Light, Lex Luthor, Captain Boomerang, Zoom, Mirror Master, and even The Elongated Man.

Right now, I think that it might be The Calculator.

Is this the series wherein Ralph Dibny's (Elongated Man) wife gets raped and murdered?

Has anyone here been reading DC's excellent mini-series "Identity Crisis"?

I've really enjoyed it so far.

Who do you think is the killer or killer(s)?  The suspects include: Doctor Light, Lex Luthor, Captain Boomerang, Zoom, Mirror Master, and even The Elongated Man.

Right now, I think that it might be The Calculator.