Dc And Marvel Universe

gay colossus is a supremely wrong move.

yep. especially if he fancies wolverine. his dirty metallic mind sparks!

===

i would like marvel to pluck earth-x cap and put him in 616 to be the new cap. no costume change. and make punisher go to their universe (for balance, since 616 will have bald cap) so he can whack kid skull for using the skull shirt as his costume. only punisher can rip-off other iconic costumes (venom, cap and whoever's he will wear next).

Edited by Sequenenre Tao

Just came from ign.com....

I read the reviews for this week's comic books.. The first issue of Batman's Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul storyline had great reviews.. After months of contemplating, I am deciding to get the series that would span 8 issues (crossovers, namely Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Detective Comics) and 2 months..

Haaay! Gastos!!! :rolleyes:

Just came from ign.com....

I read the reviews for this week's comic books.. The first issue of Batman's Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul storyline had great reviews.. After months of contemplating, I am deciding to get the series that would span 8 issues (crossovers, namely Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Detective Comics) and 2 months..

Haaay! Gastos!!! :rolleyes:

I just had the teaser for the series (Batman Annual # 26), though I haven't read it yet. The good thing about this is that it'll wrap up in 2 months and I think it'll be weekly. Messiah Complex is bleak for me, gastos talaga... :blush:

I just had the teaser for the series (Batman Annual # 26), though I haven't read it yet. The good thing about this is that it'll wrap up in 2 months and I think it'll be weekly. Messiah Complex is bleak for me, gastos talaga... :blush:

It seems that the Messiah Complex storyline is a good read bro.. (compared to Endangered Species).. Magaganda din ang reviews ng ign sa Messiah Complex Chapter One (art by Marc Silverstri) eh.. I think the storyline of Messiah is up to 13 issues.. 3 months.. I've decided to get this story arc too, bro..

I decided to stop my allocation of Avengers: Inititative at #6.. I added Captain America to my pull list.. siguro up to issue #34 lang ako dito (up to the time the new Cap is revealed to the reading public).. Capt. America's comic book has been having great reviews and I guess its high time to read Ed Brubaker's tale.. I started at #31.. "The Burden of Dreams" Part 1..

I did not get the "In-justice League" storyline in JLA.. Instead I got JSA #10.. It looks promising eh.. :thumbsupsmiley:

It seems that the Messiah Complex storyline is a good read bro.. (compared to Endangered Species).. Magaganda din ang reviews ng ign sa Messiah Complex Chapter One (art by Marc Silverstri) eh.. I think the storyline of Messiah is up to 13 issues.. 3 months.. I've decided to get this story arc too, bro..

I decided to stop my allocation of Avengers: Inititative at #6.. I added Captain America to my pull list.. siguro up to issue #34 lang ako dito (up to the time the new Cap is revealed to the reading public).. Capt. America's comic book has been having great reviews and I guess its high time to read Ed Brubaker's tale.. I started at #31.. "The Burden of Dreams" Part 1..

I did not get the "In-justice League" storyline in JLA.. Instead I got JSA #10.. It looks promising eh.. :thumbsupsmiley:

I've given Messiah Complex a second thought and I might get it but Annihilation: Conquest is really a tease. I'd probably drop Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps after the Sinestro Corps storyline but it would be hard especially for GLC. I wanted to get either Gotham Underground or Resurrection Of Ra's al Ghul storyline but the Sinestro Corps story isn't over yet :thumbsdownsmiley: .

I was thinking about getting Captain America even before Cap's death but I'm not sold, no offense to Ed Brubaker though. I think he's really doing an excellent job keeping the book a must read even w/out the main character. I'm keeping Avengers: Initiative because the story is decent for me and the art is impressive.

The Injustice League somehow dilutes w/the last chapter because of little progress I hope the next issue improves. I haven' read JSA # 10 yet but will do after 5 hours.

I reserved some other titles (Vinyl Underground, Killing Pickman, Transformers: Devastation, Mouse Guard and The Awakening) but I haven't had the chance to buy and read them yet and I hope the first two titles deliver especially Killing Pickman.

What happened to One More Day? Did the title changed to One More Month or something? :upside:

Btw, any plans of attending Komikon on 11/17/2007? Nga pla, I attended Comic Odyssey's 10th anniversary last month at Robinson's Place Manila, did you attended?

I reserved some other titles (Vinyl Underground, Killing Pickman, Transformers: Devastation, Mouse Guard and The Awakening) but I haven't had the chance to buy and read them yet and I hope the first two titles deliver especially Killing Pickman.

What happened to One More Day? Did the title changed to One More Month or something? :upside:

Btw, any plans of attending Komikon on 11/17/2007? Nga pla, I attended Comic Odyssey's 10th anniversary last month at Robinson's Place Manila, did you attended?

I have not gotten any indies so far.. except for Mice Templar..

One More Day? Oo nga bro, ang bagal ng dating.. hehe..

Komikon on 11/17? Haven't heard about it.. Where would this be held, bro? Back issues galore na naman ito.. hehe.. Sana maka-punta ako..

Unfortunately, I was not able to attend Comic Odyssey's anniv.. I had things to do, and Manila is not a place that I can really drop by if I am busy.. Sandy did invite me, but was too busy to even give it a shot.. I would have PMed you if I had plans to attend..

I have not gotten any indies so far.. except for Mice Templar..

One More Day? Oo nga bro, ang bagal ng dating.. hehe..

Komikon on 11/17? Haven't heard about it.. Where would this be held, bro? Back issues galore na naman ito.. hehe.. Sana maka-punta ako..

Unfortunately, I was not able to attend Comic Odyssey's anniv.. I had things to do, and Manila is not a place that I can really drop by if I am busy.. Sandy did invite me, but was too busy to even give it a shot.. I would have PMed you if I had plans to attend..

Mice Templar is also delayed. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Komikon is for local comics so it might disappoint you if ur looking for back issues. The venue is at UP Diliman at Bahay ng Alumni. Here's a link: http://komikon.blogspot.com/

The anniv was nice, though I failed to get a Leinil Yu sketch. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Regarding Justice Society of America #10 the story was nice. Can't wait for the next issue.

Tony Stark is supposed to be in his late 30s to 40s

Downey nails it because he's also a real life addict and substance abuser, so it shouldn't be too hard for him to channel that into Tony Stark. Plus John Favreau is an Iron Man fan so that really bodes well for the movie.

^I also have to agree with Larry on that one.. Tony Stark can definitely relate to Robert Downey Jr.. and vice versa.. Hence, a good and perfect fit.. :)

---

Just want to share...

Its funny when you find a comicbook gem in the bargain bins.. All comic book lovers usually go and check the bargain bins from time to time to look for "gems.." Much like this comic book I saw and I bought for 20 bucks, a week ago..

Issue #1 of Image's Area 52 (2001).. written by Brian Haberlin and drawn by Clayton Henry, this comic book is slated to be adapted into a movie.. I already knew about it, and I got surprised to see this "gem" in the bargain bin..

Here's the link: AREA 52 MOVIE

If you read the link, one could see that it looks like the future movie is a re-make of John Carpenter's The Thing.. haha.. But after reading the comicbook that I bought, I feel that this "would-be" movie would be more violent..

and here is a picture of that comicbook.. :cool:

post-75683-1194620788.jpg

Tony Stark is supposed to be in his late 30s to 40s

Downey nails it because he's also a real life addict and substance abuser, so it shouldn't be too hard for him to channel that into Tony Stark. Plus John Favreau is an Iron Man fan so that really bodes well for the movie.

Ah so the real life situation made him fit huh? Maybe I just don't find it fit for him because I'm not used in seeing Downey w/a mustache/beard. :upside:

@khumpleetist: Bro, any thoughts on the new Captain Marvel series and the House of M: Avengers series? Both are slated for a 5 issue run.. Are you getting them?

I might get Capt. Marvel but I am having second thoughts.. For one, magastos.. haha.. Second, I have the Civil War one-shot "The Return" and I do think that it was enough to make us (readers) know that Marvel is back.. Issue #1 has good reviews though, but I am not completely sold if the series is a necessity..

House of M: Avengers is not part of the Marvel continuity.. Its actually an alternate reality story within the House of M remains.. So, I won't be getting the series.. I was never a fan of alternate universes.. <_<

Ang daming good titles that would be coming out next week... which includes the final issue of World War Hulk and Mice Templar #2.. Magastos kaso masaya.. haha..

Edited by revi
@khumpleetist: Bro, any thoughts on the new Captain Marvel series and the House of M: Avengers series? Both are slated for a 5 issue run.. Are you getting them?

I might get Capt. Marvel but I am having second thoughts.. For one, magastos.. haha.. Second, I have the Civil War one-shot "The Return" and I do think that it was enough to make us (readers) know that Marvel is back.. Issue #1 has good reviews though, but I am not completely sold if the series is a necessity..

House of M: Avengers is not part of the Marvel continuity.. Its actually an alternate reality story within the House of M remains.. So, I won't be getting the series.. I was never a fan of alternate universes.. <_<

Ang daming good titles that would be coming out next week... which includes the final issue of World War Hulk and Mice Templar #2.. Magastos kaso masaya.. haha..

Nah, I'm loaded w/Ressurection Of Ra's Al Ghul and Messiah Complex. Both books we're quite decent so far. And I have my eyes for this World Of Warcraft series. Between the two books you're asking I'd go w/Captain Marvel because just like you I'm not fan of alternate universes but I'm tempted sometimes and it has good reviews so far. :upside:

Yep, a lot of titles pero magastos kaso masaya. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Nah, I'm loaded w/Ressurection Of Ra's Al Ghul and Messiah Complex. Both books we're quite decent so far. And I have my eyes for this World Of Warcraft series. Between the two books you're asking I'd go w/Captain Marvel because just like you I'm not fan of alternate universes but I'm tempted sometimes and it has good reviews so far. :upside:

Yep, a lot of titles pero magastos kaso masaya. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Thanks for the thoughts, bro..

I have decided NOT to get both Capt. Marvel and House of M: Avengers series.. Much like you, bro, I am a bit overwhelmed with all the titles I am getting on a weekly basis.. nyahaha!!!

There are several stuff to be excited about.. and they are all coming soon.. This includes the new Hulk series and the Twelve (about the old characters of Timely Comics in the golden age of comics).. So, there is a need for me to keep on saving some dough for next year.. haha..

Thanks for the thoughts, bro..

I have decided NOT to get both Capt. Marvel and House of M: Avengers series.. Much like you, bro, I am a bit overwhelmed with all the titles I am getting on a weekly basis.. nyahaha!!!

There are several stuff to be excited about.. and they are all coming soon.. This includes the new Hulk series and the Twelve (about the old characters of Timely Comics in the golden age of comics).. So, there is a need for me to keep on saving some dough for next year.. haha..

I'm gonna pass on the new Hulk series, I'm not a big fan of Hulk eh. But I guess my buddy would get it since he's following World War Hulk. I have plans of sticking to at least one series from The Big Two from this point on. I just need to wrap up The Sinestro Corps, One More Day (I think One More Year would fit this title much better because the EIC is doing the pencils, remember Daredevil: Father? :thumbsdownsmiley: ) and Avengers: Illuminati. Oh I forgot Countdown/Countdwon to Final crisis, but that's another issue.

I still don't know what to get after Messiah Complex but I guess Secret Invasion will be out by then.

• 2 weeks later...