Diet

Ano ka.. nililinaw ko lang.. kse ako parang hihimatayin eh.. baka sha parang mababaliw.. o di ba? Pwede naman eh. :P

BlackCat! you're here pala ha! ayan, dito na lang tayo mag-diet talk para d OT sa divers thread!

I'm phase 2 na of South Beach! I lost 5 pounds pero di pa rin lumiliit chan ko!!! waaaah!

i cheated last thursday, I drank beer. celebrate ako e. then saturday i drank white wine...

ang hirap grabe!

BlackCat!  you're here pala ha!  ayan, dito na lang tayo mag-diet talk para d OT sa divers thread!

I'm phase 2 na of South Beach!  I lost 5 pounds pero di pa rin lumiliit chan ko!!!  waaaah!

i cheated last thursday, I drank beer.  celebrate ako e.  then saturday i drank white wine...

ang hirap grabe!

i cheated yesterday too... :cry:

i ate potato salad and ...

the day before...

my cousin forced me to drink choco frap... :cry:

in spite, i can feel that i'm losing some dreaded fats :)

Edited by lovelybabe

Hehehe.. mga sistah.. mga cheaters pala kayo eh! :P

Kidding aside, para sa kin, okay lang yan.. why do we have to torture ourselves di ba? Honestly, di ako naniniwala sa diet diet na yan.. mas effective pa rin yun balanced diet tska lots of exercise. Green tea also works! (in capsule form or liquid form) :cool:

Btw mga sistah.. avoid sweets lang (yun ang malakas makalaki ng balakang.. guilty rin ako coz I can't live without chocolates! hehehe.. anyway, bine-burn ko na lang yun calories by doubling my cardio workouts everytime I'd pig-out on chocolates) tska moderate drinking lang. Wag na lang beer kse malakas din makalaki ng tyan yun. :P

Shoot.. I drank san mig light last saturday.. naka-5 bottles ako.. hehehe :D

Hehehe.. mga sistah.. mga cheaters pala kayo eh! :P

Kidding aside, para sa kin, okay lang yan.. why do we have to torture ourselves di ba? Honestly, di ako naniniwala sa diet diet na yan.. mas effective pa rin yun balanced diet tska lots of exercise.  Green tea also works! (in capsule form or liquid form) :cool:

Btw mga sistah.. avoid sweets lang (yun ang malakas makalaki ng balakang.. guilty rin ako coz I can't live without chocolates! hehehe.. anyway, bine-burn ko na lang yun calories by doubling my cardio workouts everytime I'd pig-out on chocolates) tska moderate drinking lang.  Wag na lang beer kse malakas din makalaki ng tyan yun. :P

Shoot.. I drank san mig light last saturday.. naka-5 bottles ako.. hehehe :D

nyhahhahaha... :)

i agree that...

1. green tea works :)

2. can't live without it too :cry:

3. same drinking capacity :evil:

parang naging true confessions a!

d ako maka-exercise e...pero tomorrow mag rorollerblade ako ng umaga.

narararmdaman ko nga na lumalaki balakang ko! mwahahaha

but southbeach diet really worked for me. last year 1st week of phase one I lost 8 pounds agad and lumiit chan ko! ngayon...hay! ewan! I'll try phase one again this week...

i'll buy green tea na rin later.

Try this:

1) you can start off by cutting the sugar intake, carbohydrate intake and fat intake.

2) exercise your "slow twitch" muscles. tune into exercises more inclined towards increasing your stamina rather than increasing your strength. Do high repetitions to average to medium loads. Consult your doc for exercises that suit your body before trying anything.

3) Drink lots of liquids, no sugar and no sodium please.

4) try fat burner supplements readily available in your local GNC store.

You don't have to be too picky with what you eat. Just limit intake of food that we know are bad - sweet, fatty food.

Eat 3x a day.

Eat slowly.

Stop when you're full.

Exercise regularly! This is the most important step. Our body needs carbs to burn when we exercise.

It's very basic really. To lose weight, there has to be a calorie deficit and this can only be achieved through a reduction of food intake or increased aerobic activity or muscle activity through weight training. Kaya kung tamad kayong mag exercise / lift weights. Iwas na kayo sa lahat ng sugars and carbs. Instead of rice, puro gulay na lang. Drink about 2 liters of water each day and I guarantee all that weight's gonna come off. I know, I've done it myself. start weight: 205lbs. , current weight: 165lbs.

i agree with the above poster, to reduce fats and be ripped is simple mathematics.

its either you lessen your food intake or you burn it through physical activity or you take scientific sounding capsules that boost your metabolism.

lessen what you eat and do the same chores, in the long run, you'll lose the fats.

eat the same food intake, burn more calories than what you have eaten, in the long run, you'll lose those fats.

do the same thing at the same time, you'll get ripped for sure!

eat more and do the same chores - but inject steroids and ephedra into your blood, its either you get ripped or you die! he he he!!! :P

ciao! :lol:

i agree with the above poster, to reduce fats and be ripped is simple mathematics.

its either you lessen your food intake or you burn it through physical activity or you take scientific sounding capsules that boost your metabolism.

lessen what you eat and do the same chores, in the long run, you'll lose the fats.

eat the same food intake, burn more calories than what you have eaten, in the long run, you'll lose those fats.

do the same thing at the same time, you'll get ripped for sure!

eat more and do the same chores - but inject steroids and ephedra into your blood, its either you get ripped or you die! he he he!!!  :P

ciao!  :lol:

well said..... pre, you really sound like someone i know. :blink:

actually nag boycott ako sa kanin b4 and carbs acually .. i was 250lbs 2 yrs ago ..i went down to 160 pero i decided to get some mass back thats why im trying to gain some weight now im 210 and starting my diet to get 180 by summer which is actuall on track sa sched ko ... i just dont eat 3 full meals i divide it into 5 small portions most of my carbs are in the 1st 2 meals then protien na lang sa last 3 meals ko to spread it within the day basta minimal carb intake lang .. then of course after work i go to the gym for 2-3 hrs of weight lifting and cardio plus mat exercises

Cowwwrrreccct!! As a matter of fact, yan ang naeexperience ng mga tao who goes on a crash diet. People who wants to lose a ton of weight try to drastically reduce the amount of calorie intake!

Remember guys and gals: Muscles consume more than twice the calories as fat! Kaya if you don't work out your muscles, mas mauunang titirahin yan ng katawan mo than fat. Yan ang commonly nangyayari sa mga taong nagpapakagutom, malaki nga ang weight na nawawala kaso, most of this is just water weight, a little bit of fat, and unfortunately.. Muscles! Then the body goes into starvation mode and it starts conserving whatever calories you put in.

Kaya nangyayari tuloy, and this i've seen plenty of times, people who get off their diet end up gaining more weight than they have before!

Take it from me, ilang bes na ako nag diet and ngayon lang ako naging successful kasi nag I got off my lazy ass and started working out. Lesson learned: "Workout however slight. It's still better than doing nothing at all."

Oh bago tayo hindi magkaintindihan, di naman totally no carb. Actually yung carb requirements natin for the day could easily be satisfied by just eating vegetables and fruits!! Ang problema kasi sa kanin is that we automatically eat more than our daily requirement of it, and guess what kung ano mangyayari dun sa sobra, eh di converted into fats din, tapos sasamahan mo pa ng pag inom na coke, pagkatamis tamis na juice, candy.. and other processed junk. eh nakakataba nga talaga yan.

Oh bago tayo hindi magkaintindihan,  di naman totally no carb. Actually yung carb requirements natin for the day could easily be satisfied by just eating vegetables and fruits!!  Ang problema kasi sa kanin is that we automatically eat more than our daily requirement of it, and guess what kung ano mangyayari dun sa sobra,  eh di converted into fats din, tapos sasamahan mo pa ng pag inom na coke, pagkatamis tamis na juice, candy..  and other processed junk. eh nakakataba nga talaga yan.

pareng vuk. hehehe. di ko kaya ng walang carb sa isang araw eh. pero minimal lang.... diet mainly consists of 1/2 cup of rice every meal+meat+vegetables or fruits....

this diet program works for me..

max. of 2 cups of rice a day..

skip breakfast..

moderate on meat.. lean meat that is...

heavy on fish..

if tipong you're not hitting your target meals, you have to burn those

extra load.. so dapat parati may exercise..

to maintain fit and a good body, exercise and diet works hand on hand

A high protein diet in the long run will cause Acidosis of the blood. Atkins suggests a diet which intructs you to consume food high in animal protein, like processed junk foods and many cooked foods all become acid in the body. Acidosis of the blood occurs when the body is overly acidic and has lost its alkaline reserves. Normal blood ph level is 7.4. and when blood ph drops below the normal level (overly acidic state) the body is more susceptible to illness and disease.

The following are symptoms of acidosis: insomnia, water retention, migraines, constipation with diarrhea, burning sensation of the tongue and mouth, halitosis (bad breath), lightheadedness, fainting and nausea.

I was advised that skipping a meal is actually counter productive to losing weight. Reason being that the brain goes to a "famine" mode and slows down the body's metabolism which results to fat storage. Is this true?

Anyway, I was advised that I should lose 15lbs, thus I avoided eating rice on all meals. So far, I have lost half of that in a months time without exercising. Seven more to go.