Larry Legend or King James

dfgvan

They are both great in their own time. But lets put it this way, larry bird at age 31 was all washed up and way past his prime and missing most games because of severe injuries while lebron at the same age is still the best player in the world right now.

Edited by bigbert23

Let's be honest, calling names while stating facts shows that you have a degree of animosity towards that person. Hehe!

lebron will just shrug and say, I'm not the one who put myself 5th all time on Sports Illustrated. or 3rd on the ESPN NBA All Time Rank.

post-481684-0-48974600-1455211138_thumb.jpg

Kidding aside. These are the Sports Illustrated and ESPN rankings that were recently released the other day

SI's 50 Greatest NBA Players in History

7. Larry Bird

He and Magic did the same things—bring the team concept back into the NBA, create a dynamic cross-continent rivalry, and, oh yes, save the league—and the only reason Larry Legend is lower than Magic is that he won three championships to Magic’s five.

5. LeBron James

It’s extraordinary that the King really doesn’t have a position. That speaks to his versatility but I also wonder: Would he have been better off had he concentrated on being a small forward, a two-guard or a point? Either way, he’s one of the most dominant players to ever take the court.

ESPN NBA All Time Rank

3. Lebron James

post-481684-0-12721600-1455211774_thumb.jpg

Position

Small forward

Teams

Cleveland Cavaliers (2003-2010, 2014-present), Miami Heat (2010-2014)

Honors

Four-time MVP (2008-09, 2009-10, 2011-12, 2012-13), two-time Finals MVP, 11-time All-Star, 11-time All-NBA selection, six-time All-D selection, Rookie of the Year (2003-04), NBA scoring champion (2007-08)

Championships

Two (2012, 2013)

Career stats

27.3 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 6.9 APG, .496 FG%

Nickname

King James, The Chosen One

Did you know?

LeBron James and Michael Jordan are the only players in NBA history with four seasons of having a PER of 30 or higher. LeBron's performance in the 2015 NBA Finals will go down as one of the best of all time as he became the first player in NBA Finals history to lead all players -- from both teams -- in points, rebounds and assists. He scored or assisted on 57.7 points per game, the most by any player in NBA Finals history. -- ESPN Stats & Information

6. Larry Bird

post-481684-0-93074600-1455211761_thumb.jpg

Position

Small forward

Teams

Boston Celtics (1979-1992)

Honors

Three-time MVP (1983-84, 1984-85, 1985-86), two-time Finals MVP, 12-time All-Star, 10-time All-NBA selection, three-time All-D selection, Rookie of the Year (1979-80), Hall of Fame

Championships

3 (1981, 1984, 1986)

Career stats

24.3 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 6.3 APG, .496 FG%

Nickname

Larry Legend, The Hick from French Lick

Did you know?

Bird, Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell are the only players to win three straight MVP awards. During his run of MVPs, Bird received 85 percent of the first-place votes, a mark that Chamberlain or Russell didn't hit even once during their three-year MVP runs. Bird's teams also won all six playoff games it played against Michael Jordan. -- ESPN Stats & Info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shooting - Bird
Ball Handling - Bird
Rebounding - Bird
Passing (Not limited to assists) - Bird
Steals - Bird
Blocks - James
Off Ball Movement - Bird
On Ball Defense - Bird
Off Ball Defense - Bird
Slashing - James
Post Up - Bird
Physicality/Strength - James
Jumping - James
Dunking - James

My Assessment: Bird might have higher basketball IQ but skillwise James is still the better basketball player.

• 2 weeks later...

You might be surprised that Bird and James have the same blocks per game average so far. I will tell you this. James is not a good post defender and if he was the one guarding Bird, Larry would have a grand time posting him up and scoring off him.

the height and quality of players before and now are different... players now are stronger... shooting styles nowadays are different too thus also difficult to be blocked...

Bird is a good shot blocker because he had a better basketball IQ... but still this CATEGORY belongs to JAMES

I disagree. I think Lebron can guard Bird... itutulak lang nya yan pag nagpost up... And Bird cannot guard Lebron because he is quicker... kakainin nya lang ng buhay yang si Bird... The only FORWARD (legend) I know who can guard LEBRON better is SCOTTIE PIPPEN.

Really? How sure are you he could push Larry Bird in the post? Horace Grant, the power forward of the Bulls, could not shut down Larry Bird when Bird is posting up on him and he is as strong as James and as tall as Bird. What makes you think a shorter Lebron James can guard someone who is as savvy a scorer as Bird? This post of yours reeks of bias. You obviously haven't seen Larry Bird play.

Then watch NBA today then...

Shorter by just 3cm... but heavier by more than 30 pounds

I already gave most of the skills to Larry Bird... and you still want to get it all... really? PHYSICALLITY/STRENGTH and BLOCKS??? C'mon, you are just a Lebron hater for thinking Bird is ahead on that aspect

Baka gusto mo pa ring kunin ang Slashing, Jumping and Dunking tutal pang D-League lang naman sa inyong mga Lebron hater si James e.

Really? How sure are you he could push Larry Bird in the post? Horace Grant, the power forward of the Bulls, could not shut down Larry Bird when Bird is posting up on him and he is as strong as James and as tall as Bird. What makes you think a shorter Lebron James can guard someone who is as savvy a scorer as Bird? This post of yours reeks of bias. You obviously haven't seen Larry Bird play.

At para matapos na kahibangan mo... try to picture out BIRD instead of James on the 2006 to 2010 Cleveland lineup... ewan ko lang kung makarating sa playoffs si Bird mo. At para fair... ilagay mo naman si James sa lineup ng Celtics mo on that era and I bet your Celtics will be on the FINALS all the time.

Para matapos yung pagkedelusional mo, eto yung katotohanan. Larry Bird was the only addition to a 29-53 Celtics team that didn't make the playoffs. In Bird's rookie season, Bird led the Cs to a 61-21 record, the best in the NBA, better than the Lakers who had two franchise players in Kareem and Magic. Bird led the Cs all the way to the ECF but lost to the Sixers. Your Lechoke James never even made the playoffs in his rookie season.

It was harder to win in the 80s than now. It was much more physical and there was handchecking. Nagpapatawa ka ba? James couldn't even lead a 65-17 Cleveland team in 2009 to the NBA championship. If Larry Bird were the one in that 2009 Cavs team, the Cavs would have won the NBA championship. He had to leave the Cavs so that he could win a championship in Miami which makes me question his competitive ferocity. What a loser. Bird never had to leave the Celtics to win a championship. Defend your Lechoke more. Larry Bird would eat James for breakfast.

hahahaha pakitingnan mo nga lineup ng Celtics mula nung pumasok si Bird? compare mo yan sa lineup ng Cleveland nung pumasok si Lebron...

ok sabi mo e...

no matter what I say... if you are a hater... you will always be a hater... Le-Choke pa talaga ha... obvious ka boy...

ok na rin... kay Larry Bird mo na ibigay lahat ng skills na nakalista... ayaw mo ibigay kay Lebron kasi tingin mo kay Lebron pang bench lang...

no sense talking with you...

Edited by guytalker

Talaga? Nakalimutan mo na ba yung sinabi mo sa post mo sa post #147? Ikaw magbackread, Lechoke fanboy. Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me. :lol:

O, akala ko ba useless na makipagbalitaktakan sa akin pero post ka pa din ng post? Hahaha! Contradicting yourself again, fanboy. :lol:

asan jan mala lechoke comment?

wow... so naniniwala ka nga na pag inilagay mo si prime Bird sa Cleveland lineup 2006 to 2010 e madadala mo sa playoffs ang Cleveland?

Edited by guytalker

Hahaha! You really are ignorant. Mchale and Parish were not even there when Bird entered the league. Bird was the only addition to the mediocre 29-52 Celtic team before Bird entered. Bird led that team to a 61-21 record, the best in the NBA, and the Cs made the ECF but they lost to the Sixers. Backread ka, fanboy. Sinabi ko na to sa post ko nung isang araw.

fan ka ba n Larry Bird... bat di mo kilala mga kasama nya... 1980-81 andun na si McHale at Parish

lineup ng first 5 ng first time nakapasok sa playoff na Celtics mo with Larry Bird

Larry Bird

Cedrick Maxwell

Dave Cowens

Chris Ford

Nate Archibald

i-compare mo yan sa first 5 ng Cleveland 2006

mukhang mahina nga lineup ng Celtics... right?

Edited by guytalker

and by the way... if di mo pa alam...

Cedric Maxwell was named MVP of the 1981 NBA Finals

Archibald was an All-NBA First Team selection three times (1973, 1975, 1976) and an All-NBA Second Team selection two times (1972, 1981). He was a six-time NBA All-Star Game selection (1973, 1975, 1976, 1980, 1981, and 1982) and he was named the 1981 NBA All-Star Game MVP

Edited by guytalker
  • 1 month later...