South China/West Philippine Sea

Another clueless idiot.

I'm getting tired of educating clueless sheep.

But for your sake, baka tumalab ng konti. Although I doubt it.

1. The 500 to 1 ratio I'm mentioning is the military industrial capability. Syempre sa tulad mong walang alam you don't factor in that military production is also a determinant of military advantage.

To simplify it further kasi baka hindi pa din naiintindihan sir.

The Chinese has production capacities to produce their own equipment. Tayo po ay bumibili lamang. Nagets mo nb? O bka kailangan ko pa ipaliwanag further? Kailangan pb i-memorize yan.

if I may

that's still not 500 to 1.

prove that you didn't just pull this number out your ass. and then lecture us again about making guesses

2. Stats showed by the FBI revealed that more than 90 percent of crimes are committed at a concentrated area of less than 2 percent of the whole US. That 2 percent are the areas where the government forbids its citizens to carry guns. Gun free zones ika nga.

read further and you'll find that these aren't gun related crimes.

Gets mo nb? O umiikot na ang ulo sa konting arithmetic.

FBI stats also showed that crime rates in the US has been steadily decreasing for the past 15-20 years. Common sense na lang kung hindi mo pa alam ang dahilan why bumaba ang crime rates. More guns equals less crime.

wrong again

more guns equals more gun related homicides.

less guns equals more non-gun related violence

no guns means people just found a way to hurt each other without firearms.

that's a fact.

in the US where there's an average rate of 88 guns per 100 people, there are 9146 homicides by firearm, or 60% of the total homicide rate.

guns have s@%t to do with violent crime

if the people are violent they will find ways to k*ll each other guns or not.

UK?

Hahahahahaha!

Yan ang problema sa taong nagmamarunong at nanghuhula lamang.

Dude next time before you speak make sure alam mo ang sinasabi mo. Fools speak because they want to say something. hahahaha!

Itatak mo to ha.

Since the UK imposed strict gun control laws bumaba ang GUN CRIMES NILA. But at the same time nag-skyrocket ang kanilang crime rates. Crime rate in the UK is so bad that...

again because reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

gun's don't have anything to do with violent crimes, and you just cited a strong example to the disadvantage of your argument.

you just said it yourself stricter gun control = less gun related crimes.

so how does your argument work again more guns = less crime?

Teka question portion ulet.

Alam mo ba pang ilan ang UK sa pinakamadaming crime rate sa Euro area? Google mo dali.

Siret?

The United Kingdom is 2nd in the Euro in terms of crime rate. Hahaha!

yan ang hirap sa nagmamarunong. Napapahiya.

for the third time, owning or not owning guns has nothing to do with crime rates. you even said it yourself.

any connection between violence and gun control can be attributed to a lot of other factors also and not purely gun ownership.

even your argument speaks of this

I'll give you a tip, there's a thing in debates called logic, you might want to read up on that, because everything you've setup is a strawman that diverts from the issue at hand.

3. Mejo pagod naq sa kakaisip. Di nyo din naman kayang intindihin ang sinasabi ko sa inyo dahil brainwashed sheep na kau eh. hehe.

But to finalize.

I'll give you a clue.

Switzerland maintains a very small standing army.

Emphasis on VERY SMALL. I think just over 100,000.

It also has a relatively small population of 7-8 million.

Ang galing mo talaga dre. Pinabilib moq. Galing mo manghula.

They are also all armed thus ready for conscription within 24 hours.

Hahaha!

Aral Aral din wag puro un ulo sa baba pinapagana mga ser.

I'll help you out

Switzerland has an active military of 134,000, with a call up of around 1.4M give or take.

the call up rate is high because military service is compulsory (if you don't know what that means, it means that it's required by law to enter the service once you hit 19)

nowhere does it say that the large military call up number is due to the fact that a majority of swiss own guns.

I'll give you another example.

Israel

the IDF has an active military of around 156,000.

with a call up number of around 1.5M

Israel has the same compulsory military service required of its citizens, theirs only starts at 18 years old.

exactly the same military conscription policies that the swiss have.

Israel has some of the strictest gun control laws in the world. Only people who work in security or law enforcement or former IDF officers (to a certain extent) can own guns. in fact their gun policy is the complete polar opposite of the US second amendment.

and surprise they haven't been conquered since they were founded in the 40s. Even when they were ganged up upon by the Arabs in the 70s they still haven't folded. and not everyone there owns guns, completely the opposite of your Swiss example.

now what does that tell you?

come on you're smart. you can do it.

• Like (+1) 3

In the US 90 percent of gun crimes happen in the 2 percent portion of the country.

And if you have to ask WHERE IN THE US IS THAT SO-CALLED 2 PERCENT?

Tama ang hula mo pre! Ang galing mo! Tada!

Gun free zones.

But here's something for your brain to munch.

The FBI in 2012 recently released stats regarding crime rates in the US and it showed that crime in the US has been steadily DECREASING for the past 15-20 years.

EMPHASIS ON STEADILY DECREASING.

More guns equals less crime.

Of course only a libertarian will understand that. Or someone who's life is in danger.

One doesn't necessarily follow the other. You want to know why it's declining? Read my previous post: America is jailing more of its population than any other country. Which means more of the criminals are in jail. Of course, you know that jail prevents criminals from committing more crimes, right?

Another thing? More effective law enforcement (yup in a broader sense, military). Yes, if you arm everyone, our lives will definitely be in danger (cringe)...

I'm not saying civilians are not supposed to carry firearms, mind you. What I'm saying is to give firearms only to those who are responsible with it. But we're veering too far out of the topic (which is still the territorial disputes in the West PH Sea/South Ch Sea). If you want to follow up on your topic about arming every Filipinos with guns, then please create a new topic for that. Otherwise, if you're not talking about the Spratly's and other islands involved, post them in the appropriate forum.

Salamat. Lab you.

Just to add, where I live right now, citizens here are restricted from owning guns (at all). Yet, it's the most peaceful place I've ever lived in. There's no risk of a deranged motorist with a handgun in his glove compartment ever attacking me if a traffic altercation is ever to occur.

Plus, its rival neighbor is afraid of attacking it, despite it being smaller than Luzon. You want to know why? It has a modern military.

Why is this relevant to the thread? Because I'm living in Taiwan.

• Like (+1) 1

Just to add, where I live right now, citizens here are restricted from owning guns (at all). Yet, it's the most peaceful place I've ever lived in. There's no risk of a deranged motorist with a handgun in his glove compartment ever attacking me if a traffic altercation is ever to occur.

Plus, its rival neighbor is afraid of attacking it, despite it being smaller than Luzon. You want to know why? It has a modern military.

Why is this relevant to the thread? Because I'm living in Taiwan.

You mean it got a professional military. Taiwan can be compared to Israel and Switzerland that got a citizen-military service making them a community of military volunteers.

You need to refer to history and realize that Filipinos have been in that total gun ban situation too during Martial Law - but we were never immune from abuses by those in power and those who commit to insurgency like the NPA and the MNLF.

I'll even make it more simple for you dude.

China = Boot Philippines = Ant

Please read more of your history because every it's a well established fact that in Switzerland it has not been invaded for hundreds of years because it has maintained a military which can be fielded overnight and in large numbers because all swiss own guns.

If you can't understand that, go back to the library.

And if you can't understand that more guns equals less crime. Numbers don't lie. Countries with the most strict gun laws suffer from the most number of crimes.

Go educate yourself.

I don't know about that. Singapore, which imposes the death penalty for illegal possession of firearms is one of the safest society on earth. Same thing goes for Japan. And China, well I believe they also have very serious penalties for gun possession. And China is a relatively peaceful country insofar as peace and order is concerned.

On the other hand, there are serious debates going on in the USA about gun ownership because there are a lot of senseless crimes committed by owners of firearms. The NRA is pro-gun while the rest are anti gun ownership. Now everyone knows that the NRA has very powerful political sympathizers which is why there is seems to be a stalemate.

Personally, I prefer to have law enforcement, which is very professional in the USA, take care of security rather than a bunch of yahoos taking the law into the their own hands. There is little room for vigilante justice in the United states. Proliferation of guns can be attributed to all those senseless school shootings that could have been prevented if guns were more difficult to secure in the USA.

Another clueless idiot.

I'm getting tired of educating clueless sheep.

But for your sake, baka tumalab ng konti. Although I doubt it.

1. The 500 to 1 ratio I'm mentioning is the military industrial capability. Syempre sa tulad mong walang alam you don't factor in that military production is also a determinant of military advantage.

To simplify it further kasi baka hindi pa din naiintindihan sir.

The Chinese has production capacities to produce their own equipment. Tayo po ay bumibili lamang. Nagets mo nb? O bka kailangan ko pa ipaliwanag further? Kailangan pb i-memorize yan.

2. Stats showed by the FBI revealed that more than 90 percent of crimes are committed at a concentrated area of less than 2 percent of the whole US. That 2 percent are the areas where the government forbids its citizens to carry guns. Gun free zones ika nga.

Gets mo nb? O umiikot na ang ulo sa konting arithmetic.

FBI stats also showed that crime rates in the US has been steadily decreasing for the past 15-20 years. Common sense na lang kung hindi mo pa alam ang dahilan why bumaba ang crime rates. More guns equals less crime.

UK?

Hahahahahaha!

Yan ang problema sa taong nagmamarunong at nanghuhula lamang.

Dude next time before you speak make sure alam mo ang sinasabi mo. Fools speak because they want to say something. hahahaha!

Itatak mo to ha.

Since the UK imposed strict gun control laws bumaba ang GUN CRIMES NILA. But at the same time nag-skyrocket ang kanilang crime rates. Crime rate in the UK is so bad that...

Teka question portion ulet.

Alam mo ba pang ilan ang UK sa pinakamadaming crime rate sa Euro area? Google mo dali.

Siret?

The United Kingdom is 2nd in the Euro in terms of crime rate. Hahaha!

yan ang hirap sa nagmamarunong. Napapahiya.

3. Mejo pagod naq sa kakaisip. Di nyo din naman kayang intindihin ang sinasabi ko sa inyo dahil brainwashed sheep na kau eh. hehe.

But to finalize.

I'll give you a clue.

Switzerland maintains a very small standing army.

Emphasis on VERY SMALL. I think just over 100,000.

It also has a relatively small population of 7-8 million.

Ang galing mo talaga dre. Pinabilib moq. Galing mo manghula.

They are also all armed thus ready for conscription within 24 hours.

Hahaha!

Aral Aral din wag puro un ulo sa baba pinapagana mga ser.

There's no need to interject personal attacks on heatseeker while at the same time presenting data supposedly supporting you view that increased number of firearms = a safer society. So far you're the only one i know who personally subscribes to this thinking. Aside from the die-hard members of the NRA.

Kindly present your "facts" without resorting to personally attacking other members of this forum.

There's no need to interject personal attacks on heatseeker while at the same time presenting data supposedly supporting you view that increased number of firearms = a safer society. So far you're the only one i know who personally subscribes to this thinking. Aside from the die-hard members of the NRA.

Kindly present your "facts" without resorting to personally attacking other members of this forum.

Thanks Max... Ok lang yon, i aired my suspicion that he/she is a troll eh, so he /she can call me whatever he/she likes just this one time... :)

You mean it got a professional military. Taiwan can be compared to Israel and Switzerland that got a citizen-military service making them a community of military volunteers.

You need to refer to history and realize that Filipinos have been in that total gun ban situation too during Martial Law - but we were never immune from abuses by those in power and those who commit to insurgency like the NPA and the MNLF.

See what I mean? You're proving my point all along. We're too chaotic and divided amongst ourselves to let every civilians to carry guns (note that I'm saying EVERY, like what mokong is suggesting). We'd used those guns to hurt each other first long before external hostile forces have even set foot on our beaches.

See what I mean? You're proving my point all along. We're too chaotic and divided amongst ourselves to let every civilians to carry guns (note that I'm saying EVERY, like what mokong is suggesting). We'd used those guns to hurt each other first long before external hostile forces have even set foot on our beaches.

I tend to agree with you. The threat coming from fellow citizens who are armed to the teeth is a lot greater than the threat coming from China. And the threat from the former is clear and imminent while the threat coming from China is largely speculative.

I tend to agree with you. The threat coming from fellow citizens who are armed to the teeth is a lot greater than the threat coming from China. And the threat from the former is clear and imminent while the threat coming from China is largely speculative.

I, for one, am against any proposal to arm people who may have mental issues, ill-trained in handling firearms, irresponsible, etc. Forget gun-toting, trigger happy individuals. Just think how many potential firearms-related accidents could happen if 50 million people (many of whom may have never even held a gun in their lives) all of a sudden were mandated to own a firearm.

People, many of whom live below the poverty level, would also rather spend their money on food and other basic necessities before spending for a gun. If the government will provide guns to its citizens free of charge, where will it get the money?

There is no way the PNP, military, and even the church will ever go along with this. And many private citizens will also be against this, should someone in congress or the senate ever propose such a measure. There is no way such a proposal would ever pass into law.

Edited by Bugatti Veyron

post-62863-0-70980800-1383222705.jpg

They do look better in Haze Gray... I hope this is just one of the few times that they're together in port... One of them should always be out patrolling except when down for maintenance or really really bad weather... :)

Photo courtesy of ManilaBoy40 of the Timawa site...

Excuse my ignorance Heetseeker, but what exactly is/are the role/s of these ships? What type of weapons are these ships fitted with?

Can you refresh us about what you are saying? What is your point that I am proving? I do not agree with your idea to modernize the local military while completely IGNORING the issue of lack of professionalism.

There was a time when the frequency of daily bank robberies and kidnapping escalated. Guess what? It was not civilians but military personnel and police who were caught in these crimes. So your suggestion for a complete gun ban for civilians is not only a poor idea but lacking in realistic basis. Why attempt to copy cat a policy fit for the Taiwan setting? Can't politics SERVE the Filipino interest by addressing the exact needs of Filipinos instead?

Can you refresh us about what you are saying? What is your point that I am proving? I do not agree with your idea to modernize the local military while completely IGNORING the issue of lack of professionalism.

There was a time when the frequency of daily bank robberies and kidnapping escalated. Guess what? It was not civilians but military personnel and police who were caught in these crimes. So your suggestion for a complete gun ban for civilians is not only a poor idea but lacking in realistic basis. Why attempt to copy cat a policy fit for the Taiwan setting? Can't politics SERVE the Filipino interest by addressing the exact needs of Filipinos instead?

And if we armed any Tom, Dick, and Harry as well, not only will military and police personnel be involved in bank robberies and kidnapping. Civilians could conceivably join their military/police counterparts in KIR/bank robberies as well. That isn't to say that civilians aren't already involved in such nefarious activities in some form or another.

But I do agree with you that we must professionalize the military and severely punish scalawags in uniform. Because these scalawags betrayed the public trust.

Fortunately, I believe that only a small minority of the men and women in uniform are involved in such activities. They are the rotten apples that give the entire military and police organizations a bad reputation.

I am not in favor of a complete gun ban. But people who are given the privilege of owning firearms must be deserving. They must know the basic safety procedures in handling firearms, pass neuro-psychiatric exams and must not have a police record. I myself am a registered gun owner. I never take my firearms out of my residence. It's basically under lock and key but ready to be used if necessary to protect my family.

I am definitely not in favor of civilians carrying their firearms with them outside their residence unless their lives are under threat, they have the permission of the PNP, and of course pass the first two requirements I mentioned earlier. And once an authorized civilian threatens another civilian with his firearm for whatever reason (eg. traffic altercation), his license should immediately be revoked and he should forever be banned from legally owning another firearm.

Also, gun aficionados who like to fire their pistols at firing ranges should continue to be allowed that privilege by simply applying for a license to transport. Essentially it allows the civilian to transport his/her firearm between his residence and the firing range only. And the firearm should be unloaded and stowed away in the trunk of his vehicle as the law requires.

Edited by Bugatti Veyron

Excuse my ignorance Heetseeker, but what exactly is/are the role/s of these ships? What type of weapons are these ships fitted with?

1.) Showing the Flag ops in our 200 mile EEZ... Aside from these 2 babes and the BRP Rajah Humabon PF-11 other PN surface combat assets either a.) doesn't have the legs to go that far offshore or b.) even if they do manage to go that far, can't spend much time patrolling the area due to their small size hence limited fuel hence insignificant patrol time in the area and c.) letter b plus can't survive the sea states in the area... Heaven forbid any other PN combat vessel na abutan ng inclement weather don...

2.) Maritime Law enforcement (which the PCG should be doing, but can't because they don't have the vessels needed).

3.) Confidence building measures to our offshore oil platform... (That's why the DOE footed the bill in the refurbishment of the BRP GDP & BRP RA, coz investors said our seas are too open).

4.) Piss off Xi Jinping's navy and coast guard... Ahehehehe... Imagine that! The Gottverdamnt American puppets now have vessels that are really capable of patrolling and staying on station for a significant time in The Middle Kingdom's "Internal" Waters!!!!!!!!!! And The Middle Kingdom cannot cavalierly do to Juan what he did to Nguyen in the late 80s because the Gottverdamnt American puppets have that piece of toilet paper called the MDT with the Gottverdamnt Americans!!!!!! What is The Middle kingdom to do????? We would Gottverdamnt lose face with our Gottverdamnt people!!!!!!

5.) For the meantime they're armed with a 76mm rapid firing main guns, 25mm bushmasters and .50 caliber machine guns... Operative word is Meantime...

We are a non nato buddy of america, ive heard they have lots of surplus

Maybe we should get more, more modern and advance.

MAJOR Non NATO Ally.... That's why we're shopping around for 2 Brand new Frigates... Scuttlebut from Aguinaldo and Roxas Boulevard's the Incheon Class Frigate of South Korea's currently the leading contender. A lot of people's apprehension (me included) on the said boat is that it doesn't have long range anti air missiles... She's an inshore frigate kasi and although she has long legs, the kimchi eater's naval doctrine doesn't see her going far offshore hence she can be covered by land based air defense fighters and missiles (which we currently don't have) but for our purposes (which is defensive) and limited budget, she's the best fit for our needs...

There was a time when the frequency of daily bank robberies and kidnapping escalated. Guess what? It was not civilians but military personnel and police who were caught in these crimes. So your suggestion for a complete gun ban for civilians is not only a poor idea but lacking in realistic basis. Why attempt to copy cat a policy fit for the Taiwan setting? Can't politics SERVE the Filipino interest by addressing the exact needs of Filipinos

If the exact needs of Filipinos involve anarchy, then ok.

I'm not even saying we should have a total gun ban (even though it is working for other countries... quite successfully, I might add). What I was saying (pay attention now) was I'm NOT in favor of giving arms to everybody. Read what mokong has been proposing.

BUT... the current system of gun ownership does need to be stricter as clearly some people are not proving themselves responsible guns owners.

Sure, professionalize the military ( I agree with that). I believe if a military is properly equipped, then morale will also improve. And maybe as a consequence, they become more professional.

If the exact needs of Filipinos involve anarchy, then ok.

I'm not even saying we should have a total gun ban (even though it is working for other countries... quite successfully, I might add). What I was saying (pay attention now) was I'm NOT in favor of giving arms to everybody. Read what mokong has been proposing.

BUT... the current system of gun ownership does need to be stricter as clearly some people are not proving themselves responsible guns owners.

Sure, professionalize the military ( I agree with that). I believe if a military is properly equipped, then morale will also improve. And maybe as a consequence, they become more professional.

Totally agreed!

Hay salamat! May Pinoy pa pla dito na nag iisip pa at hindi obobs. Hahaha!

It's very disturbing that these ignorant sheeple ay hindi alam before martial law malaking porsyento ng Pilipino (mostly the middle and upper classes) ay armado.

One of Marcos' first edicts when that scum declared martial law is to disarm every non-military/non-police na Pinoy.

Governments are afraid of its citizens na armado dahil it is a fundamental right of a citizen to bring down a government na corrupt. Marcos saw that.

Bravo dude! Bravo!

A rarity in a sea of obobs. hahaha!

• Downvote 3

Bravo! Bravo!

Yan! Gumagana na ang utak at ulo sa taas! Bravo!

Bring out the champagne! Bravo!

If the government is reminded that ALL FILIPINOS ARE ARMED... Walang pork barrel. And foreign governments will think twice before sh_tting on us.

Salamat at naiintindihan nyo na!

Bravo!

MAJOR Non NATO Ally.... That's why we're shopping around for 2 Brand new Frigates... Scuttlebut from Aguinaldo and Roxas Boulevard's the Incheon Class Frigate of South Korea's currently the leading contender. A lot of people's apprehension (me included) on the said boat is that it doesn't have long range anti air missiles... She's an inshore frigate kasi and although she has long legs, the kimchi eater's naval doctrine doesn't see her going far offshore hence she can be covered by land based air defense fighters and missiles (which we currently don't have) but for our purposes (which is defensive) and limited budget, she's the best fit for our needs...

I am not sure where you get your ideas but this country is next only to Iraq in the war against terror. That high risk or terror classification stains any or all Filipino effort to modernize the military. Until the War on Terror is officially over, this country will be among the enemy and even if we got trillions of surplus cash to spare, legitimate purchase of military hardware would be drastically limited.

• Downvote 1

And if we armed any Tom, Dick, and Harry as well, not only will military and police personnel be involved in bank robberies and kidnapping. Civilians could conceivably join their military/police counterparts in KIR/bank robberies as well. That isn't to say that civilians aren't already involved in such nefarious activities in some form or another.

But I do agree with you that we must professionalize the military and severely punish scalawags in uniform. Because these scalawags betrayed the public trust.

Fortunately, I believe that only a small minority of the men and women in uniform are involved in such activities. They are the rotten apples that give the entire military and police organizations a bad reputation.

I am not in favor of a complete gun ban. But people who are given the privilege of owning firearms must be deserving. They must know the basic safety procedures in handling firearms, pass neuro-psychiatric exams and must not have a police record. I myself am a registered gun owner. I never take my firearms out of my residence. It's basically under lock and key but ready to be used if necessary to protect my family.

I am definitely not in favor of civilians carrying their firearms with them outside their residence unless their lives are under threat, they have the permission of the PNP, and of course pass the first two requirements I mentioned earlier. And once an authorized civilian threatens another civilian with his firearm for whatever reason (eg. traffic altercation), his license should immediately be revoked and he should forever be banned from legally owning another firearm.

Also, gun aficionados who like to fire their pistols at firing ranges should continue to be allowed that privilege by simply applying for a license to transport. Essentially it allows the civilian to transport his/her firearm between his residence and the firing range only. And the firearm should be unloaded and stowed away in the trunk of his vehicle as the law requires.

You miss the point completely, the military is involved in ORGANIZED CRIME and even TERRORISM.

• Downvote 1