Food TV Shows/Cooking Shows/Food Critics/Chefs (Foreign & Local)

heard that TOP CHEF Season 9 will start airing soon.

starts on Wednesday at 9pm CST. its Top Chef Texas, yeehaw. LOL. Sucks that they didnt visit Houston though.

Top Chef Just Desserts aired its season finale last week. There was a Pinay pastry chef in the Top 3. She didnt win though. :-/

• 2 weeks later...

starts on Wednesday at 9pm CST. its Top Chef Texas, yeehaw. LOL. Sucks that they didnt visit Houston though.

Top Chef Just Desserts aired its season finale last week. There was a Pinay pastry chef in the Top 3. She didnt win though. :-/

huwaw .... hope someone uploads the episodes in the torrents.

hmmmmm how are they going to top last years Top Chef All Stars ?????

Top Chef Season 9 (Texas) is available in the torrents ..... yahooooo

already downloaded the first two episodes. (hopefully will be able to watch it tonight)

There's a Pinoy contestant who is from both Houston and Austin Tx. He's exec chef of Uchiko, which id have to say is one of the best restaurants ive ever eaten at.

Here's hoping he does well. :-)

There's a Pinoy contestant who is from both Houston and Austin Tx. He's exec chef of Uchiko, which id have to say is one of the best restaurants ive ever eaten at.

Here's hoping he does well. :-)

is he the oriental looking bald guy ????

I was surprised the season started with 29 contestants but was trimmed down to 16 only after the 2nd episode.

and I saw this lady (I think named ASHLEY) whom she said she is married to a filipino and that she even attempted to cook oxtail kare-kare. (unfortunately, her dish didn't get the nod of the judges and was immediately sent home)

there was also this guy that did an adobo dish ..... not sure if he is filipino.

kawawa yun guy in black ...... he doesn't know how to butcher a pig and was immediately sent home.

is he the oriental looking bald guy ????

I was surprised the season started with 29 contestants but was trimmed down to 16 only after the 2nd episode.

and I saw this lady (I think named ASHLEY) whom she said she is married to a filipino and that she even attempted to cook oxtail kare-kare. (unfortunately, her dish didn't get the nod of the judges and was immediately sent home)

there was also this guy that did an adobo dish ..... not sure if he is filipino.

kawawa yun guy in black ...... he doesn't know how to butcher a pig and was immediately sent home.

Yep he's the bald dude. His performance was so-so last episode. I hope he picks things up. There are 2 other Asians in the competition, I believe theyre Korean in origin.

I remember the Kare Kare dish, but im pretty sure the guy who did the Adobo dish was Hispanic. They also have an adobo dish in their culture but its totally different from ours.

The guy who didnt know how to butcher was one big tool LOL. I was glad to see him go.

Yep he's the bald dude. His performance was so-so last episode. I hope he picks things up.

probably first day jitters ........ well even if he was nervous, he does seem to possess the confidence and skill level to hack it out with the rest of the cast.

There are 2 other Asians in the competition, I believe theyre Korean in origin.

the korean girl looks like she can hold her own ......... though I think there were instances in which she was a bit slow. (as if she took too long thinking what to do)

the supposed korean guy (edward lee ba name??) is one tenacious fellow ...... imagine getting cut and profusely bleeding already, he still continued with his prep work while the medic attends to his wound. (paging JAMIE from Top Chef Season 8 :lol: )

The guy who didnt know how to butcher was one big tool LOL. I was glad to see him go.

he was pretty cocky at the introduction ....... if he didn't know how to butcher, I was surprised he volunteered to do it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

* after around 8 episodes of Top Chef Season 9, three of the stronger performing contestants around are asians (and one of them being filipino)

* so glad that HEATHER was sent home .... I really don't like the way she was bitching BEVERLY for around 2 to 3 episodes.

* its really hard to pick the best among the best but I guess EDWARD (is he korean??) has the work ethic to pull him thru.

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched Restaurant Wars last night on TOP CHEF SEASON 9...... I'm wondering why they went back to the old format of having the chefs (aside from cooking) do the decors and other stuff.

my hats off to BEVERLY for staying focused amidst all those negative incentives she got from SARAH and LINDSAY....... In the end, she won the Elimination Challenge.

I'm quite excited for next weeks episode as their Special Guest Judge will be Charliz Theron (tama ba spelling name nya??)

Here's mine:

All Top Chef Series (Top Chef, Top Chef Masters, Top Chef: Just Desserts)

Master Chef US and Master Chef: The Professionals

@chief asmodeus,

yeah, sa new snow white movie, ganda niya :blush:

sayang BEV got eliminated man. though nanalo naman siya sa Last Chance Kitchen.

Just watched Restaurant Wars last night on TOP CHEF SEASON 9...... I'm wondering why they went back to the old format of having the chefs (aside from cooking) do the decors and other stuff.

my hats off to BEVERLY for staying focused amidst all those negative incentives she got from SARAH and LINDSAY....... In the end, she won the Elimination Challenge.

I'm quite excited for next weeks episode as their Special Guest Judge will be Charliz Theron (tama ba spelling name nya??)

@chief asmodeus,

yeah, sa new snow white movie, ganda niya :blush:

sayang BEV got eliminated man. though nanalo naman siya sa Last Chance Kitchen.

Nooooooooo !!!! and here I am rooting for her to reach the top 4. (but I'm sure the two other ladies in Sarah and Lindsay will be happy)

Now that means two asians left (Ed and Paul)

I watched last night the episode of Top Chef Season 9 wherein Charlize Theron was the special guest judge .......

and its really sad that BEVERLY had to be sent home. Not that she cooked a bad dish, actually everyone of them cooked great dishes. and it all came down to the ones with the minor flaws.

Of course congratulations to PAUL (he originated from the philippines) for being the winner again.

So much love for Top Chef show down here tongue.gif

For me it was the original Iron Chef that got me hooked into the reality cooking shows. It was obviously dubbed but the end product was always mind boggling and its host known as Chairman Kaga (Takeshi Kaga) was always flamboyant and entertaining. Iron Chef chinese, Chen Kenichi was also my fave chef.

post-263321-0-30621700-1327877643.jpg post-263321-0-33915900-1327877702.jpg

Chairman Kaga =>>

However i am currently hooked to Hell's kitchen. I know its first episode was on May 30, 2005 but i just discovered it by accident after mistaking Gordon Ramsay from someone else but boy was it worth it. I've already downloaded and finished watching Season 1, 2, 3, 5 and 7 since then. Never got to download season 4 and 6 though and season 8 is on the way. The host may be mean and all but i think this gives the show a whole new flavor and makes it entertaining in itself. Besides, he usually gets nicer at the end and the it's usually well meant. Fave line would have to be : "You donkey! " tongue.gif Saw him as part of the host on Top Chef if am not mistaken (there were 3 if them: the bald one and the heavy built one) but it wasn't the same, guess i'll be looking forward for season 10 this year if he show would still push thru.

post-263321-0-64859600-1327878652.jpg post-263321-0-95405100-1327878626.jpg

the tagline says it all

However, if you guys know the show that is/was shown at travel and living channel where it is also composed of two teams (usually black and red) where the contestants are in pairs and its host has a shaggy/curly semi-long black hair. Give me a head's up, i'd still wanna download that show and watch it.

Edited by Droidz1979

saw the episode last night ...... looks like PAUL is on a roll.

whew I thought EDWARD was going to be sent home. (in the end it was CHRIS)

an asian showdown in the finals should be interesting to watch ^_^

would be. id ike a grayson/paul/ed finale. ^_^

now i just wish sarah and lindsay go home next. LOL. those two irritate the heckouttame. :rolleyes: