Food TV Shows/Cooking Shows/Food Critics/Chefs (Foreign & Local)

that would leave ANGELO, TIFFANY, ED and KELLY to battle it out in the FINALE ....... (that is if your wishlist becomes true)

and if TIFFANY pulls it off. The first African american top chef ????? (this should make it interesting)

i used to dislike angelo - i mean a chef who admits he had crabs on cable tv is kinda gross. but i prefer his weirdness over the whining and moaning and groaning of kenny and kevin.

srsly tho - i think kevin will make it to at least top 4. he might even outcook kelly. kelly needs to work on consistency and confidence.

i mean id love for tiffany to win bec shes my homegirl but ... iono. not too sure bout that. she is like the carla of this season - underdawg-ish with surprise cooking skillz.

Edited by Wyld

i used to dislike angelo - i mean a chef who admits he had crabs on cable tv is kinda gross. but i prefer his weirdness over the whining and moaning and groaning of kenny and kevin.

Hmmmmm I didn't hear that part about the crabs ..... but yeah. eeeeew

neverthless, ANGELO has got what it takes to win Top Chef. All he has to do is stay focused.

srsly tho - i think kevin will make it to at least top 4. he might even outcook kelly. kelly needs to work on consistency and confidence.

KEVIN did fine in Restaurant Wars, unfortunately his teamates just weren't up to par. So I think his confidence level should be right up there.

As for KELLY, She was a disappointment and I thought she could have handled herself better by being Front of the House.... well, she had better get her act together.

i mean id love for tiffany to win bec shes my homegirl but ... iono. not too sure bout that. she is like the carla of this season - underdawg-ish with surprise cooking skillz.

Is there a CARLA in Season 7 ????? The One I remember is the CARLA from Season 5.

I said she is LIKE the Carla of this season ... meaning Tiffany is similar to Carla from the previous season.

if thats the case, then TIFFANY should just stick to what she does best and not be pursuaded to move away from her comfort zone.....

I remember CARLA from Season 5 dduring the finale. I think she could pull the upset against STEFAN. The problem is, she allowed her sous chef to dictate what to do with her dishes. In the end, she wasn't anywhere near the top two.

This would sound funny but one of my favorite food related show would be "Cooking Master Boy". Its cool and it makes me want to make dimsum and improve on my knife skills. Setting anime aside, the best cooking shows would be Wok with Yan, Iron Chef, Dinner Impossible and Top Chef. Wok with Yan would be a pioneer in speed cooking. In each episode Stephen Yan would make atleast 2 dishes in the duration of the show, simple enogh, but at the end of the show he prepared enough food to share with his studio audience. He was that cool.

Edited by profgadget

Watched the Season Finale for Top Chef Season 6 .......

I was kinda rooting for KEVIN because he had what it takes to beat the VOLTAGGIO brothers. It was very unfortunate that he had a bad day thats why his dishes didn't came out the way he would have wanted. Plus I think he had the unlucky picks for his sous chefs.

Imagine getting PREETI as his first sous chef who turned out to be more of a liability than a helping hand. His second sous chef in ASH was a bit better but was nowhere near the caliber of BRYAN's sous chef in ASHLEY and JEN.

MICHAEL on the other hand had JESSIE as his first sous chef and she was a workhorse .... then he had ELI on the 2nd day.

@ asmo - after the finale, there was an interview w/ kevin gillespie and it turns out during the finale he was in the middle of a divorce from his wife and business partner.

he said that was probably a big factor as to why he was so out of it in the last few episodes.

that and his sous chefs sucked ass. lol.

@ asmo - after the finale, there was an interview w/ kevin gillespie and it turns out during the finale he was in the middle of a divorce from his wife and business partner.

he said that was probably a big factor as to why he was so out of it in the last few episodes.

that and his sous chefs sucked ass. lol.

I don't think that interview was ever shown on local TV. Either way, I got my video clips via torrent downloads and there was no footage of that interview from whatever I downloaded.

Well there was the reunion episode ...... I don't think KEVIN mentioned anything about a divorce. But I think he did mention about wanting to quit the competition

tiffany reminds me of casey in season 3 ..

really ??? I personally can't see much of the similarities. TIFFANY seems to be the type thats having fun and she is more confident in what she's doing. CASEY on the other hand, seemed a bit slow (not that she wasn't a good chef) which I think was one of the reasons she totally lost it in the finals. CASEY I think was also a contributing factor for the loss of CARLA in Season 5.

and angelo reminds me of hung ..

both ANGELO and HUNG are very cocky and sometimes way too overconfident (but both have the skills to boot). They should one day do a cook-off and lets see who will come out with the better asian dish.

but ed reminds me of Ilan ..

I have no copy of Season 2 (as well as season 1) so I can't comment on the comparison.

and kenny reminds me of tre

hahahahaha. conicidentally, they both got eliminated the same way ........ RESTAURANT WARS.

casey is good tho .. she always doubted herself which made her look weak but she really is technically sound, and carla's loss was her fault .. it was her call to make

id say season 2 was very interesting finale wise .. it was molecular gastronomy vs classic spanish cuisine

Edited by denimhead

tiffany reminds me of casey in season 3 .. and angelo reminds me of hung .. but ed reminds me of Ilan .. and kenny reminds me of tre

angelo is like stephen (seas1) or stefan.

ed is like ilan or sam (remember him?)

i dont want to be reminded of kenny.

casey reminds me of jen - both good chefs, but both kinda flaked out in the end.

I don't think that interview was ever shown on local TV. Either way, I got my video clips via torrent downloads and there was no footage of that interview from whatever I downloaded.

Well there was the reunion episode ...... I don't think KEVIN mentioned anything about a divorce. But I think he did mention about wanting to quit the competition

it was a magazine interview that i read.

http://starcasm.net/archives/28200

what can you say about the episode wherein he visited our very own country ?????

he was really amazed and enjoyed the lechon.

although he made a comment as to why filipino cuisine is not that

widespread or should i say popular around the world unlike thai,chinese etc.

i hope he does come back soon and try more food the ph has to offer.

angelo is like stephen (seas1) or stefan.

ed is like ilan or sam (remember him?)

i dont want to be reminded of kenny.

casey reminds me of jen - both good chefs, but both kinda flaked out in the end.

STEPHEN ...... was he the blond gentlemen who eventually became a Sommelier ????? I think he was present in Season 3s Restuarant Wars wherein he assisted a team in their wine selection.

he was really amazed and enjoyed the lechon.

although he made a comment as to why filipino cuisine is not that

widespread or should i say popular around the world unlike thai,chinese etc.

i hope he does come back soon and try more food the ph has to offer.

He did ????? (gosh I should find and download that episode)

Any reaction from his hosts after he made the comment ????

Just finished watching the latest episode of Top Chef Season 7 ......

It was a fun episode. The quickfire challenge really put ANGELO out of his groove. And that also included rattling him in the elimination challenge ....... what was ANGELO thinking in using ready made puff pastry for his dish???? If ALEX hadn't produced a worse dish, then we might have seen the second top seed sent home.

TIFFANY and ED seemed to be on a roll ...... I think the past three episodes, they have managed to stay on top (if not win the elimination challenge)

Just finished watching the latest episode of Top Chef Season 7 ......

It was a fun episode. The quickfire challenge really put ANGELO out of his groove. And that also included rattling him in the elimination challenge ....... what was ANGELO thinking in using ready made puff pastry for his dish???? If ALEX hadn't produced a worse dish, then we might have seen the second top seed sent home.

TIFFANY and ED seemed to be on a roll ...... I think the past three episodes, they have managed to stay on top (if not win the elimination challenge)

i think if it wasnt alex sent home, it would have been amanda - i have no idea why she is still there. shes ditzy and cant cook to save her life.

it was so funny when she said she admires alex -- lol birds of a feather, much?

angelo needs to keep it together - this is always the point when the so called top seeds of the competition unravel (richard blais, kevin gillespie, etc). if he doesnt, then i foresee him going home soon after amanda does.

how can chefs not know what a ramp is? and how can chefs not know how to make chinese food? im baffled.