Food TV Shows/Cooking Shows/Food Critics/Chefs (Foreign & Local)

based on the picture, you are referring to the TV show WOK WITH YAN..... Much like the title of the show being in English, even the dialogue of the show is in english (not dubbing) as it is a canadian production.

Yup, I used to watch this. Mouth-watering ang itsura ng mga niluluto niya

I wonder if Stephen Yan is still around

ah ok, best part din dito yung hero is searching for the legendary kitchen utensil...

then yung isang utensil is nawalan ng bisa kasi ginamit sa pag suicide ng kalaban...

that was the episode just after our hero LIU MAO HSING defeated LEON and becomes the rightful successor to hold on to the legendary cooking utensil (chopping blade)....... A member of the Underground Cooking Society tried to steal the blade and stabbed himself when he was surrounded...... the blade lost its mystical magic. (but the magic returned in the final episode after MAO defeated FEI in the Imperial Cooking Battle)

Errrr all in all, how many of the Legendary Cooking Utensils were recovered???? Lets see, there was the blade and two pots if I remember right.

Yup, I used to watch this. Mouth-watering ang itsura ng mga niluluto niya

I wonder if Stephen Yan is still around

I used to watch the show too ..... because I love the way he makes decorations or adornments from fruits and vegetables.

His dishes ????? It's just a lot of basic stir frying with constant use of his "wonder powder" as base for his sauces......

Would be interesting to see the IRON CHEFs of Japan compete against the IRON CHEFs of America....... though there was word that Bobby Flay did so when he went to Japan.

Wish I have a video if that cook-off did take place.

Bobby Flay got into iron chef japan twice and battled iron chef Morimoto both times. he is the same japanese guy who is on iron chef america now.

the first battle, i remember him stepping onto the cutting board on the table after the cook-off time elapsed to celebrate, prematurely though coz he eventually lost. it also got the ire of iron chef Morimoto and most other japanese chefs in japan for that matter coz they felt they got disrespected. They believe that things used for cooking are considered sacred and you dont step on them.

Bobby Flay was still on the rise as a chef then and asked for a rematch to seek redemption. Most of his sous chefs were apprehensive about making a return because of the disrespect bobby did on the first match and were afraid of how they will be accepted. he did eventually got the call for rematch. he celebrated yet again after the cook-off time but this time he threw off the cutting board before stepping on the table. the second time he got the win.

ganun pala ang nangyari, di ko kasi natapos yung mga succeeding episodes :)

after the stabbing incident ..... the group set out to look for the rest of the Legendary Cooking Utensils. And after finding two more Legendary Utensils, they eventually ended up in the Forbidden City. There the group of MAO, LEON and SHELL challenged the members of the Underground Cooking Society spearheaded by FEI in an Imperial Cook-off with the Emperor himself to act as judge.

Their challenge is to make 100 kinds of dishes from each team.

based on the picture, you are referring to the TV show WOK WITH YAN..... Much like the title of the show being in English, even the dialogue of the show is in english (not dubbing) as it is a canadian production.

yup. wok with yan ang show na yan.

meron pang isang cooking show tuwing sunday yata yun.

channel 9, babaeng matandang intsik.

basta pag ganung time, mga chinese pinapalabas sa lahat ng channel tuwing linggo.

2 of my favourite cooking shows. Alton Brown's Good Eats is never boring.

Man vs Food is also my current fave. Recently, we tried out 2 of the restos they've featured---Nascar Cafe and Hash House a-go-go. Most of the dishes we ordered were the ones featured and they weren't that great. Just really huge servings. Still, the show is fun.

No Reservations is also a good watch. I liked when he went back to being a line cook. ^^

ako rin man vs food grabe swerte noh getting paid to eat.

but then again, siguro laging nag woworkout yun , lalo na after nung insane eating challenges!

• Like (+1) 1

i love cooking shows.

ive been a fan of top chef since it started. alongside it, i also watch top chef masters and am eagerly awaiting the premiere of top chef just desserts.

as far as the food network is concerned, i like the barefoot contessa, ina garten is adorable.

i also enjoy good eats and chopped (kinda like a top chef wannabe, hosted by ted allen).

there is a new channel here called the cooking channel and among the shows there, i like food jammers, two fat ladies and chefography.

i enjoy the old school iron chef better than the american iron chef (i have a strong aversion to bobby flay).

must not forget - bizarre foods w/ andrew zimmern and no reservations w/ bourdain - awesome, gritty, sometimes gross but always entertaining.

Edited by Wyld
  • Like (+1) 1

i love cooking shows.

ive been a fan of top chef since it started. alongside it,

Finally, another TOP CHEF fan here ........

Are you currently watching season 7 ???? otherwise known as Top Chef Washington.

i also watch top chef masters and am eagerly awaiting the premiere of top chef just desserts.

I've seen a few episodes of Top Chef Masters and I think it is very good also. Although Padma Lakshmi is the better host. hehehehehehe

Who will host Top Chef Just Desserts ???? I heard its going to be Gail Simmons ?????

i also enjoy good eats and chopped (kinda like a top chef wannabe, hosted by ted allen).

Ted Allen ???? So thats where he went to. hahahahaha

Finally, another TOP CHEF fan here ........

Are you currently watching season 7 ???? otherwise known as Top Chef Washington.

Yes I am! Its on tonight at 8pm. Its Restaurant Wars tonight!

I've seen a few episodes of Top Chef Masters and I think it is very good also. Although Padma Lakshmi is the better host. hehehehehehe

Who will host Top Chef Just Desserts ???? I heard its going to be Gail Simmons ?????

Youre right - I like Padma better than Kelly Choi.

Just Desserts will be hosted by Gail Simmons and my crush Johnny Uzzini who is a rockstar pastry chef!

Ted Allen ???? So thats where he went to. hahahahaha

Yep, from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy to the Food Network. Hes okay, I like him, even if he is a bit stiff and wooden. His clothes are nice LOL!

Edited by Wyld

Restaurant Wars na ?????? the earliest I can download that episode via torrents would be on thursday evening (philippine time) I think this has been the favorite of most viewers and contestants (aside from the finale of course)

Just a personal observation, I think whoever gets KELLY into their team for Restaurant Wars would have a good advantage.

---------------------------------------

by da way, do you remember episode 6?????? Do you think ALEX stole the pea puree from ED. I've been reading the blogs and even TOM COLICCHIO said the producers were clueless as to what actually happened.

Restaurant Wars na ?????? the earliest I can download that episode via torrents would be on thursday evening (philippine time) I think this has been the favorite of most viewers and contestants (aside from the finale of course)

Just a personal observation, I think whoever gets KELLY into their team for Restaurant Wars would have a good advantage.

---------------------------------------

by da way, do you remember episode 6?????? Do you think ALEX stole the pea puree from ED. I've been reading the blogs and even TOM COLICCHIO said the producers were clueless as to what actually happened.

yupyup restaurant wars tonight - its usually when theres 8 chefs left that they do restaurant wars.

i like kelly but shes so grumpy all the time LOL, great chef though. i like tiffany mostly because shes from tx too.

i think alex stole it! its impossible that no one SAW what happened to it dont you think - i mean there were production people, cameramen and the rest of the chefs. what sucks even more is alex won because of the pea puree. kenny said it was impossible to make a pea puree that good in the time they had to prep before service.

yupyup restaurant wars tonight - its usually when theres 8 chefs left that they do restaurant wars.

i like kelly but shes so grumpy all the time LOL, great chef though. i like tiffany mostly because shes from tx too.

I think KELLY is one of the few that would and can stand up against the big egos of ANGELO and KENNY, plus I think she has the experience to run a restaurant.

I remember an older episode wherein she took charge of the team ....... they eventually won because she stood behind her decisions (amidst the grumblings of her teamates)

------------------------------

egos aside ...... I think ANGELO is one of the more talented ones for this season. Though I got a good laugh when TIFFANY won the ethiopean quickfire challenge as well as the Elimination Challenge.

i think alex stole it! its impossible that no one SAW what happened to it dont you think - i mean there were production people, cameramen and the rest of the chefs. what sucks even more is alex won because of the pea puree. kenny said it was impossible to make a pea puree that good in the time they had to prep before service.

I went over that episode again and it did seem that ALEX still doesn't have a solid idea on what he plans to do prior to service ...... and all of a sudden, there he was mixing the pea puree in a saucepan. When ED was frantically looking for his pea puree, ALEX just kept silent and went about this work. Most of the other contestants were sure ALEX did not make a pea puree during prep time.

--------------------------

Anyway, hope I'll be able to downlaod Season Seven's Restaurant Wars tonight.

Edited by asmodeus

Still on Top Chef, I recently downloaded the entire Season 6 (Top Chef Las Vegas) and I was quite impressed at the number of very talented contestants around.

There is JEN, KEVIN, ELI and the VOLTAGGIO brothers MIKE and BRYAN. And after watching 8 episodes already, it seems that rarely do these contestants get sent to the bottom during elimination. if I'm not mistaken, BRYAN has yet to be at the chopping block. I think MIKE, JEN and KEVIN were in the chopping block once.

I was shocked at the meltdown of both KEVIN and JEN during their restaurants wars.

gusto ko yung Man vs Food sa discovery travel and living channel...

nakakapanglaway yung mga pagkain!!!

ang sarap ng buhay nung host...kumakain ka na ng masasarap, then getting paid to do it...

post-77952-037676100 1281366242.png

post-77952-060257900 1281366109.jpg

post-77952-019937100 1281366337.jpg

I collect this one.

Once tried watching this na gutom. Putik, na hilo ako.

Also love Anthony Bourdain. Mas daring pa sa Bizzare Food host si Kalbo.

Nigelle - sexy

I think KELLY is one of the few that would and can stand up against the big egos of ANGELO and KENNY, plus I think she has the experience to run a restaurant.

I remember an older episode wherein she took charge of the team ....... they eventually won because she stood behind her decisions (amidst the grumblings of her teamates)

------------------------------

egos aside ...... I think ANGELO is one of the more talented ones for this season. Though I got a good laugh when TIFFANY won the ethiopean quickfire challenge as well as the Elimination Challenge.

I went over that episode again and it did seem that ALEX still doesn't have a solid idea on what he plans to do prior to service ...... and all of a sudden, there he was mixing the pea puree in a saucepan. When ED was frantically looking for his pea puree, ALEX just kept silent and went about this work. Most of the other contestants were sure ALEX did not make a pea puree during prep time.

--------------------------

Anyway, hope I'll be able to downlaod Season Seven's Restaurant Wars tonight.

i watched it and id have to say i was happy w/ the results. im glad the one who got eliminated left the show because even if he was talented (or so he claims), he has done nothing but whine and play the race card since the start of the season. i was getting sick and tired of hearing him and his cohort groan and mumble.

angelo was right when he said overconfidence can (and was) the downfall of teams during restaurant wars. the team that lost was cocky and overconfident. they were saying right off the bat that the opposing team was disorganized and chaotic. well, look who won.

alex needs to just evaporate - i so dislike him and his guts LOL. plus he is super messy in the kitchen which is a major pet peeve of mine.

amanda needs to go too - can we all spell clueless already?

on tiffany - discounting the fact that she is from tx, she is an expert at cooking seafood, which is probably one of the most difficult things to cook. during that challenge where she won both quickfire and elimination - she made tamales for the elimination challenge. that is one of the most difficult mexican dishes to get right - the balance between the masa and the meat and spices PLUS getting it cooked correctly requires great experience. that wasnt an easy thing to do and she nailed it - i think it helps that she is from tx because tamales is almost an indigenous food around here. she comes across as flaky and giggly but for sure she can cook better than amanda and alex.

Still on Top Chef, I recently downloaded the entire Season 6 (Top Chef Las Vegas) and I was quite impressed at the number of very talented contestants around.

There is JEN, KEVIN, ELI and the VOLTAGGIO brothers MIKE and BRYAN. And after watching 8 episodes already, it seems that rarely do these contestants get sent to the bottom during elimination. if I'm not mistaken, BRYAN has yet to be at the chopping block. I think MIKE, JEN and KEVIN were in the chopping block once.

I was shocked at the meltdown of both KEVIN and JEN during their restaurants wars.

season 6 had the most number of talented chefs. my personal fave for that season was kevin gillespie mostly because he loves to cook pork and does it really well.

i also liked jen because she was no nonsense and uncompromising.

between the v brothers, i liked brian more than michael - just because his food was more thought out and precise.

restaurant wars is always a stressful challenge, in fact last night's restaurant wars was one of the better ones food-wise. thing though was they didnt need to set the restaurant up in terms of decor and ambiance because they took over an already existing place. that made last night's challenge easier, i think.

that was one of the best seasons of top chef!

season 6 had the most number of talented chefs. my personal fave for that season was kevin gillespie mostly because he loves to cook pork and does it really well.

i also liked jen because she was no nonsense and uncompromising.

between the v brothers, i liked brian more than michael - just because his food was more thought out and precise.

restaurant wars is always a stressful challenge, in fact last night's restaurant wars was one of the better ones food-wise. thing though was they didnt need to set the restaurant up in terms of decor and ambiance because they took over an already existing place. that made last night's challenge easier, i think.

that was one of the best seasons of top chef!

Yes, based on what I've seen so far, Season 6 is one of the better seasons ...... I too like JEN because she is a tough one. There was one episode wherein she was nursing the flu (or something) and yet she was able to produce a great dish. (goodness, I hope no one caught anything from her. hahahahaha)

KEVIN is definitly very good with the pork dishes ...... kinda reminds me of Season 3s HOWIE who was also good with Pork Dishes. MIKE VOLTAGGIO is very cocky, sometimes up to the point of being arrogant. But at least he gets the job done. His elder brother in BRYAN is the more quiet one ..... but he also puts out very good dishes.

For their Restaurant Wars, though they don't have to worry about the decors, it would seem that their prep time was reduced from 5 hours to just 3 hours.

And there is also this chinese lady who cooks with a lot of oil on a very dark pan which I believe she never cleans. And talks a lot that you'd think she uses saliva as the secret ingredient.

channel 9, babaeng matandang intsik.

basta pag ganung time, mga chinese pinapalabas sa lahat ng channel tuwing linggo.

Whats the name of her intro tune?

Just finished watching Restaurant Wars for Top Chef Season 7 .......

So KENNY go the boot and was sent home ...... I think it was because he was the executive chef for their restaurant and he was responsible for two bad dishes. AMANDA on the other hand was responsible for one bad dish. I find it childish that they would do the blame game on ALEX since he was not part of the losing team. (but personally, I too would like to see him go)

KENNY's team was just way too overconfident. And saying bad things against the other team (which was initially struggling) might be bad karma.

----------------------------------------------

So with KENNY out of the picture, who's left to fight it out with ANGELO ???? TIFFANY? KEVIN? ED ??

I think Ed is the dark horse this season. Hes a pretty accomplished chef based on his bio.

I hope the ff chefs leave soon - Alex, Amanda, Kevin (he is just like Kenny). :P

that would leave ANGELO, TIFFANY, ED and KELLY to battle it out in the FINALE ....... (that is if your wishlist becomes true)

and if TIFFANY pulls it off. The first African american top chef ????? (this should make it interesting)