Pacquiao-Mayweather: “It’s going to happen”

grayle

I don't think there is a justification to declare the fight no-contest unless magpositive ang isa sa kanila sa banned substance. Hey this may have not been the blood and gutts war you were expecting, but it is a contest and someone clearly won. Its just sports bro. No need to get all upset

OO nababasa ko din ang mga yan sa FB. Talagang di matanggap na tinalo idol nila. Hanap ng hanap ng palusot.

Di ba si Clottey on the defensive din naman? Si Algieri panay takbo. Pero di naman sila nanalo. Hugging and dodging punches alone wont earn you a win in the scorecards. Naman. Tanggapin na lang kasi na talo si Pacquiao

and mostly naman kasi blind followers. Kapag natalo ang idol nila hindi matanggap. Twisting the facts minsan. Ayaw nilang tanggapin ang naging final score. Tutok kasi sila sa suntok ni Pacman and ignoring the volume jabs of Mayweather. Hindi tumatakbo si Mayweather. His just avoiding the devastating punches of Pacman which is a good tactic. A mind tactic. Hindi bara bara like what happened sa Pacman-JuanMa debacle.

Yup. I was just saying there are a couple of posters here who analyzed the technicalities on why Manny lost. Some of them are upset because they didn't see the fight they wanted to see which was both boxers trying to k*ll each other. Some are upset because Manny didn't show his true potential like yours truly. :lol: Some are upset simply because Manny lost.

Aside from the disappearance of his side to side movement which would induce his hitting at angles, Manny seemed wary of Mayweather's counterpunching. His style was impeded because of fear of his opponent's landing a haymaker like what happened in the Marquez fight. In that aspect, Mayweather already had the mind game won. Manny tried to cut the ring from Mayweather and at times, it succeeded but Mayweather was wily enough to get out of the way. In retrospect, the best chance that Manny had at victory was if he engaged Mayweather in the center of the ring using his side to side movement and hitting at angles.

:) oo nga pala yung side by side movements.............nawala sa eksena which was very effective against the tall Margarito.

Si algeiri yung tumatakbo kala ko lalabas ng ring...haha

Si clottey di sumusuntok panay depensa lang...

Takot si pacman sabayan si gayweather baka ma lucky punch, counter punchers usually abangers naghahanap lang ng tiyempo.

Clinching din, si Hatton di ba, panay din akap noon kay Pacquiao, pero naKO naman.

Like I said, my point is Mayweather did not win this fight through running, ducking and clinching. He won it by landing the better punches and by controlling the fight the way he is supposed to. Pacquiao simply did not have the better game plan. That is the long and the short of it. Akala ko ba susubukan nila icut yung ring para mapilitan si Floyd lumaban? Welll TMT seems to have made sure this would not happen

the best chance that Manny had at victory was if he engaged Mayweather in the center of the ring using his side to side movement and hitting at angles.

I don't think so, the problem is that Floyd would not allow this to happen anyway, this is what happened in this morning's fight. Floyd would go to the center, then eventually back up to the ropes to cover up. So it's not as simple as that, in my opinion.

I am of course not an expert, but as I said, I think Manny should have pushed more, remember Edmund's Bull vs. Matador, it happened but, I think if Manny was a bit more Bullish, he could have made the ring seem way smaller for Floyd.

Taking the side to side movement and hitting at angles... I agree that it would be nice if he did this when he goes after Floyd after Floyd breaks away from him.

I also agree that many times after Manny does his flurry punches and combinations, he'd stop/pause, very vulnerable at that point, he got KOed that way before. Lucky punch/well timed punch debate.

Ako Manny fan na nga, but I do see it as it is.

Just for you Floyd fans though, I have this theory that ever since Floyd got cheated out of his Olympic gold from a bogus decision, parang he gets all the benefit of the doubt from all decisions for the rest of his career, of course if he KOs his opponent at least they don't need to use the scores to determine he is the winner. :)

One last thing, after Manny, Floyd won't be able to get a bigger hype than this, so I guess it was smart to just decide, maybe just one more fight and call it quits. Unless he needs more money and agrees to a rematch na nga.

TTFN

Arvin

what now? i thought this fight will save boxing..hindi pala. after pac may eh wala ng interesante na match up..it just proved a point. you dont have to punch hard,as long as you dont get hit it will be okay.nag evolve na talaga ang boxing but not really for the better..nadelay lang ng onti ng pac may ang inevitable na mma will replace boxing.

Ok I watched the replay, and muted the damn thing. I gave 5 rounds to manny and 7 to floyd. Clearly mayweather won.

Now I am no fight expert at all. I am just a sofa fan. But I dont understand what some people here are complaining about that mayweather kept running and clinching.

Was Mayweather really running? It was more of, he was really trying to maintain the effective distance where he can land, and manny can't touch him. Which made sense. He likes fighting on the outside where his reach is more effective. Just like Ali and Klitschko does. Cotto, Margarito, Hatton all tried to pin Manny and fight him from the inside. Floyd did the opposite. While its quite boring that most of the time he nailed him with single shots and not with combinations, it was clear that Floyd was landing the more effective punches and was in control of this fight.

I can't understand why people are complaining so much about the clinching. It was not that much come on. Hatton was clinching more than Floyd. In fact, Floyd was fighting on the outside. Yung ilang beses naguillotine si Manny, mas kasalanan yun ni manny.

All in all, it was indeed Manny bad game plan why he lost. Mayweather fought an intelligent contest. It may not be an exciting way to win, but he did clearly win

what now? i thought this fight will save boxing..hindi pala. after pac may eh wala ng interesante na match up..it just proved a point. you dont have to punch hard,as long as you dont get hit it will be okay.nag evolve na talaga ang boxing but not really for the better..nadelay lang ng onti ng pac may ang inevitable na mma will replace boxing.

I am still looking forwad to the ff

Kovalev Vs Stevenson

Cotto Vs Canelo

Wilder vs Klitschko

Ok I watched the replay, and muted the damn thing. I gave 5 rounds to manny and 7 to floyd. Clearly mayweather won.

Now I am no fight expert at all. I am just a sofa fan. But I dont understand what some people here are complaining about that mayweather kept running and clinching.

Was Mayweather really running? It was more of, he was really trying to maintain the effective distance where he can land, and manny can't touch him. Which made sense. He likes fighting on the outside where his reach is more effective. Just like Ali and Klitschko does. Cotto, Margarito, Hatton all tried to pin Manny and fight him from the inside. Floyd did the opposite. While its quite boring that most of the time he nailed him with single shots and not with combinations, it was clear that Floyd was landing the more effective punches and was in control of this fight.

I can't understand why people are complaining so much about the clinching. It was not that much come on. Hatton was clinching more than Floyd. In fact, Floyd was fighting on the outside. Yung ilang beses naguillotine si Manny, mas kasalanan yun ni manny.

All in all, it was indeed Manny bad game plan why he lost. Mayweather fought an intelligent contest. It may not be an exciting way to win, but he did clearly win

kaya nga sabi ko din sa ibang forums, winning IS winning pero hala sige todo bira pa rin ang mga hardcore fans ni pakyaw....hindi magkamayaw sa pag tuligsa sa nangyari sa kanilang idolo. Eh ultimo yung mga legit na sports analysts akala din nila si MP ang dapat manalo sa puntos pero nung ni-review nila ulit yung laban wala sila masabi ngayon.

Kanina nga lang sa tv patrol humahagulgol pa ang isang ale sa pagkatalo ni pacquiao and I was like "really?" :huh: I just lol'd at the reactions of the sore losers. Talagang di nila matanggap, parang nadurog ang pagka pilipino nila.

Ayan nanaman tayo, iwasang mag generalize, sabi ko sa inyo dito sa MTC wala naman ganyan! Ngayon boardering on racist na yan. Yup you can still be racist to your own countrymen you know?

Sabi ko Malungkot ako na natalo si Manny, kahit naman yung mga Floyd fans nag sabi na malungkot din sila na natalo si Manny. So wag na natin idamay yung Pinoy pride, pagka pilipino, etc. kasi lahat naman tayo kahit papano malungkot.

The difference is how others show their disappointment or their sadness. Yung iba, nag gripe, yung iba nag gagawa nang excuses. Pero again yung sa ibang forums or social networks dun lang yun wag nyo damay yung MTC. Maayos namang dito diba? Kung ako sa inyo wag na nga nyong basahin yung ayaw niyong mabasa, tapos dito kayo mag gagripe!

kaya nga sabi ko din sa ibang forums, winning IS winning pero hala sige todo bira pa rin ang mga hardcore fans ni pakyaw....hindi magkamayaw sa pag tuligsa sa nangyari sa kanilang idolo. Eh ultimo yung mga legit na sports analysts akala din nila si MP ang dapat manalo sa puntos pero nung ni-review nila ulit yung laban wala sila masabi ngayon.

Kanina nga lang sa tv patrol humahagulgol pa ang isang ale sa pagkatalo ni pacquiao and I was like "really?" :huh: I just lol'd at the reactions of the sore losers. Talagang di nila matanggap, parang nadurog ang pagka pilipino nila.

Isa pa kasi yang local media natin eh. Imbes hikayatin mga kababayan natin na maging gracious na lang sa pagkatalo ni Pacquiao at congratulate si Mayweather eto pa gagawin

Ayan nanaman tayo, iwasang mag generalize, sabi ko sa inyo dito sa MTC wala naman ganyan! Ngayon boardering on racist na yan. Yup you can still be racist to your own countrymen you know?

Sabi ko Malungkot ako na natalo si Manny, kahit naman yung mga Floyd fans nag sabi na malungkot din sila na natalo si Manny. So wag na natin idamay yung Pinoy pride, pagka pilipino, etc. kasi lahat naman tayo kahit papano malungkot.

The difference is how others show their disappointment or their sadness. Yung iba, nag gripe, yung iba nag gagawa nang excuses. Pero again yung sa ibang forums or social networks dun lang yun wag nyo damay yung MTC. Maayos namang dito diba? Kung ako sa inyo wag na nga nyong basahin yung ayaw niyong mabasa, tapos dito kayo mag gagripe!

No bro, no one is generalizing. Pero yun nga dami kasi mangmang na masa na inuuto ng media imbes na maging gracious na lang ine-encourage pa ng media maging bitter loser. Pero tama ka, me Pilipino din naman na tanggap na panalo mayweather

Despite the disappointment, I think that we shouldn't be bitter at a bout that we did not actually fight in. If we are all bitter and emotions get the better of us, it will only make us losers to the situation especially to those who already lost so much to this event particularly those who spent time and money (and maybe losing a little more money after the event) to watch this.

Even if it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and I really dislike the Mayweather, he set everything up in the event and dictated all. He also stuck with his effective and boring game plan, which won him the titles and part of the payout in the end. Still he is unpopular.

Still rooting for Manny Pacquiao, and I think he deserves a break after today.

Isa pa kasi yang local media natin eh. Imbes hikayatin mga kababayan natin na maging gracious na lang sa pagkatalo ni Pacquiao at congratulate si Mayweather eto pa gagawin

man, gotta love reading at the comments:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/may/03/boxing-fans-round-on-tv-host-after-pacquiao-interview :unsure:

dito na lang ako sa MTC mag share ng opinions ko about this fight, sa ibang forums masyado pa rin talaga umaapaw ang pagka-ampalaya ng mga fans ni MP B) tanggap nga nila yung decision pero halatang ang sasama pa ng loob, hindi na umiikot ang usapan :unsure:

Lol @ not much clinching

It wasn't even clinching he was pushing Manny's head down and putting him in guillotines all day. That's illegal and he should have had points deducted, but it was the ineffectual Kenny Bayless' call, and it's not Floyd's fault, if he doesn't get warned he'll keep doing it and as long as Bayless was allowing it, what the hell right?

But you'd have to be blind to say there wasn't much clinching, it would have been a very different fight if there wasn't much clinching.

Anyway, boxing lost a fan in me today. I'll stick to MMA and other combat sports that make sense.

Jesus Christ

I bet if Manny won I won't be seeing you in this thread.

And wow at making fun of an old lady, that's just low class

Tumaya ako kay mayweather kahit gusto ko manalo si pacquiao! Kasi sabi ng utak ko mananalo talaga si mayweather by points.

Pacquiao kitang ayaw ma counter punch. Sobrang ingat. Hindi niya tuloy nailabas ung explosiveness.

Mayweather dumikit lang sa hugging plus back pedal plus pinpoint accuracy punches = points.

Boxing really is dead since this fight was named fight of the century. More of dancing with the stars.

Fight of the century wala sila pareho galos.

I bet also for gayweather but my heart want to win manny pacquiao, sabi ko nga ok lang matalo ng pera basta manalo si pacman, pinoy tayo kaya we want pacman to win.

Nung tumatakbo si gayweather sana hinabol ni pacman at kinorner, hindi niya rin ginawa for safety reasons maybe, sana hinahabol niya baka lumabas ng ring si gayweather sigurado technical yun haha...

Paano naging kasalanan ni Manny yung pag "guillotine choke" ni Mayweather? I can understand why people are complaining. It was billed as the "Fight of the Century". One had to pay P2,500 for a cable subscription and tens of thousands or maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars for a seat in the MGM. People paid for an exciting fight and clinching and holding repeatedly don't exactly constitute an exciting fight. Mayweather was paid $100MM. When you get paid that much, people expect you to give them a show. Mayweather didn't exactly give them a show. Heck, Dela Hoya got paid only $58MM to fight Mayweather and he gave them a show. I said "only" because it was relative to Mayweather's $100MM purse.

Well as I saw it, sinugod nya ulo nya, naipit sa kili kili ni floyd, pero umawat naman kaagad referree di ba? O sige na illegal move na kung illegal move, but it does happen a couple of times

Lol @ not much clinching

It wasn't even clinching he was pushing Manny's head down and putting him in guillotines all day. That's illegal and he should have had points deducted, but it was the ineffectual Kenny Bayless' call, and it's not Floyd's fault, if he doesn't get warned he'll keep doing it and as long as Bayless was allowing it, what the hell right?

But you'd have to be blind to say there wasn't much clinching, it would have been a very different fight if there wasn't much clinching.

Anyway, boxing lost a fan in me today. I'll stick to MMA and other combat sports that make sense.

Uhm.... come on, Hatton was clinching more than Floyd did and hatton lost badly. Somebody even made a streetfighter satire about it. And besides, you are the boxing expert here. The most maybe. Do you honestly think Floyd can win that fight by strangling Manny like that? Surely you understand that Manny didint have the better game plan. He fought competitively, but Floyd won it clearly.

If you wanna stop watching boxing, well thats on you brother. As for me? I can't complain. I am 200 dollars richer today lol.

Jesus Christ

I bet if Manny won I won't be seeing you in this thread.

And wow at making fun of an old lady, that's just low class

Well di naman siguro lahat pre, huwag na lang pikon, besides kung kayo naman panalo eh di kayo naman kakastigo samin diba?

What's the big deal about fans still feeling bad about the loss of Pacquiao? It is only natural for fans to feel bad. You're making it seem as if these fans are doing something wrong by being bitter about the loss.

OK lang to feel bad matalo idol mo. But give credit when its due. dont be a sore loser lang. Exaggerating theories why Pacquiao lost. He lost because he did not have the better game plan. It is what it is

When manny pacquiao loss to marquez by a knockout, parang babagsak ka sa kinauupuan mo sa shock and my heart parang pinipiga sa sakit, but this loss against gayweather i know from the beginning na mahirap manalo si pacman because gayweather is smarter player and have dirty tactics when his hugging his opponent.

I am no boxing expert but before the decision was announced i thought that this is going to be close. A toss-up actually but somehow felt that floyd being "aggressive" by throwing more jabs could have won him the last two rounds and sway things in his favor.

Manny to me fought a good fight even if he lost. As i said before he needs to outwork floyd ...throwing more punches which he didn't so ayun talo. Yes manny was the aggressor throughout but unfortunately floyd was also able to connect as much or even more as the punch stats would show. But the 118-110 score on one judge was just ridiculous.

same here...i also tried scoring the bout and came up with a 115-113 score in favor of floyd (7 rounds floyd, 5 rounds manny). simply put, it was floyd outboxing manny. he was content on piling up the points rather than going for the KO. he didn't bite to go into a slugfest toe-to-toe bout with manny. unfortunately, that's how boxing is. you hit your opponent...run...pile up points by jabbing...clinch and don't let your opponent hit you. boring? probably yes but methodical. floyd's smartness got over manny's speed. Edited by junix

Well di naman siguro lahat pre, huwag na lang pikon, besides kung kayo naman panalo eh di kayo naman kakastigo samin diba?

OK lang to feel bad matalo idol mo. But give credit when its due. dont be a sore loser lang. Exaggerating theories why Pacquiao lost. He lost because he did not have the better game plan. It is what it is

Oo nga! :P :D

am still feeling bad but Edmund Dantes and Junix are correct. team pacman did not solve the problem of the fighting style of Floyd they were hoping that the judges would count the rounds for them. both fighters lacked aggressiveness and since Floyd was not known to be that aggressive compared to pacman the judges saw it as a fight where Floyd was in control of things and pacman's usual style was not seen for most of the fight.

whatever tactics, fight plans team pacman prepared were not enough.

Well as I saw it, sinugod nya ulo nya, naipit sa kili kili ni floyd, pero umawat naman kaagad referree di ba? O sige na illegal move na kung illegal move, but it does happen a couple of times

Like I said it's not Floyd's fault. It's bayless' fault.

Uhm.... come on, Hatton was clinching more than Floyd did and hatton lost badly. Somebody even made a streetfighter satire about it. And besides, you are the boxing expert here. The most maybe. Do you honestly think Floyd can win that fight by strangling Manny like that? Surely you understand that Manny didint have the better game plan. He fought competitively, but Floyd won it clearly.

One. Yes a fight can be won by jog and clutch. Most of Mayweather's fights are like that.

Two. I never said that Manny didn't get a fair shake. In fact I said a couple of times that the game plan was off. What are you trying to say

And congrats on the 200

Lol well I can't stop you if you want to defend a guy that makes fun of old people who clearly don't know any better.

Way to go.

Please do tell me where I exaggerated.

im no expert but....

you really cant beat mayweather esp. in vegas...

i think pacman did his best but his best was not enough :lol: :lol: :lol:

but seriously pacman should have thrown more punches,(hit or miss) maybe 50 percent more should have done the job....

i think the marquez KO is still at the back of his head, knowing floyd is 10x better counterpuncher than marquez...

and lastly i dont know what pacmans corner is doing, they failed to remind their boxer the status of the fight (whether losing or winning),

team pacquiao already know what will floyd do, and they have done nothing....

the fight didnt live up to the hype....its one of the boring fight of the century