Is Boxing Dying?

johnnydrama

well the sports is changing, parang wala na yung mga epic knockouts na nangyayari dati, and yung 'will' ng bawat isa na patumbahin yung kalaban.. playing 'safe' parati, maybe because they want a longer career.

same with basketball, hindi na rin yung dating 'no blood, no foul' kung tawagin, lahat iwas injury na.. :)

Dude, panoorin mo iyong 2 laban nila Brandon Rios at Mike Alvarado. Iyong unang laban nila, ginawa na nila lahat, except dumepensa. Kung nasa venue bibigyan ko sila ng yantok para magpaluan na lang sila sa ulo. Laking pasasalamat ko na tinapos ng ref iyong laban nung round 7 kasi sobrang brutal ng laban at nanalo si Rios. Naumay ako sa boxing pagktapos ng laban na iyon, hindi ko na pinanood iyong main event na donaire vs nishioka. 3 months din ang lumipas bago ako nanood ulit ng boxing.

Iyong part 2 nila, parang tinuloy lang nila iyong ginagawa nila nung naudlot iyong round 7. Pero medyo nagsayaw na si Rios kaya nanalo siya ng UD.

Buti na lang din nangyari iyong GGG vs Brook ngayong taon, toe-to-toe din pero may finesse. Natigil nga lang sa round 5.

Nakakaaliw talaga makapanood ng magandang knockout, pero minsan isipin din natin iyong kalusugan ng mga fighters. Lalo na iyong mga madami pang ibubuga. Sayang naman kung umigsi ang career para lang makita natin iyong KO na hinahanap natin. Parang si Nonito nung pinatulog ni Walters, naunang bumagsak ang mukha niya sa sahig, nakakatakot kaya iyon.

• 2 weeks later...

Mukhang magkakaroon ng resurgence if SHE can play her cards right. Baka babae ang makakasalba sa boxing kapag nagtuloy tuloy ng panalo nya at maayos ang marketing sa kanya.Ang promoter nya si Erik Morales tapos ang tatay nya eh si Oscar Larios na matuturing mo din na alamat gaya ni el terrible kahit pareho silang natalo ni manny. Chololita Larios,unti unti na tong nakaka gain ng attention sa mundo ng boxing.

Meron pa sanang isa kaya lang iniiwasan na sya ng lahat na parang malubhang sakit. Si Luis Ortiz ng heavyweight division. Para mong pinagsama ang KO power ni Tyson at ring generalship ni pernell whitaker,quite odd for a big guy. Mabilis at malakas sumuntok. Para sa akin,na hype lang si deontay wilder. Hindi yan uubra kay ortiz alyas the real kingkong.

https://www.google.com.ph/search?ei=pjhbWPLwONLq8AW6-Y2oAg&q=canelovs chavez jr 2015&oq=alvarez vs chave&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.4.0i22i30k1l5.497317.519868.0.522929.31.22.0.8.8.0.775.5742.0j1j8j6j6-2.17.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..15.16.2688.3..0j41j0i67k1.hgteGeYSkDA

A link saying chavez jr vs alvarez by feb or cinco de mayo. How about you lynbertaville? Any links? Or close friend ka ni arum? There is no way canelo will cut down to 147 and i don't think kaya ni pacman mag 154.

bob arum is talking now with golden boy promotions for the manny pacquiao vs. canelo alvarez world title fight for May 5 2017

https://www.google.com.ph/search?ei=pjhbWPLwONLq8AW6-Y2oAg&q=canelovs chavez jr 2015&oq=alvarez vs chave&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.4.0i22i30k1l5.497317.519868.0.522929.31.22.0.8.8.0.775.5742.0j1j8j6j6-2.17.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..15.16.2688.3..0j41j0i67k1.hgteGeYSkDA

A link saying chavez jr vs alvarez by feb or cinco de mayo. How about you lynbertaville? Any links? Or close friend ka ni arum? There is no way canelo will cut down to 147 and i don't think kaya ni pacman mag 154.

Tingin ko mas malaking money fight iyong pac/canelo. Magkita sila sa 150. Maglagay pa sila ng belt na hindi mo alam kung saan galing. Mabubuhay nanaman ang boxing next year.

In my opinion, boxing is losing a lot of its fan base to MMA. MMA is a lot more exciting than boxing. I'd rather watch a fight wherein both fighters beat the hell out of each other within a short period of time with a variety of techniques than watching a 12 round fight with a couple of punches here and there coupled with a lot of dodging and running. But pacquiao fights are exciting because of his aggressive style of fighting.

In my opinion, boxing is losing a lot of its fan base to MMA. MMA is a lot more exciting than boxing. I'd rather watch a fight wherein both fighters beat the hell out of each other within a short period of time with a variety of techniques than watching a 12 round fight with a couple of punches here and there coupled with a lot of dodging and running. But pacquiao fights are exciting because of his aggressive style of fighting.

Really? I have been watching MMA for 20+ years and I have seen my fair share of snoozefests. Have you watched any of Jon Fitch's fights? The only exciting moment of his career was when GSP gave him a right hook and his mouthpiece went flying. All his other fights were just pressure grappling with no little attempts at GNP and near zero attempts to pull off a submission. How about Pedro Rizzo vs Kevin Randleman(bless this guy's soul, let him RIP. Love his wrestling). Two guys at opposite ends of the spectrum and the whole fight was a damn question mark, and I am a big Randleman fan. Then Maynard vs Guida happened, both guys are exciting wrestlers and sluggers but I saw two guys dancing some weird tinikling with not one guy wanting to engage. Another case, some 2 decades ago Shamrock vs Severn did the superfight thing, we withnessed 30 minutes of 2 men circling around the cage, and by the heavens, I thought there was no time limit to the fight. I know it is not their fault because it turns out that the local athletic commission disallowed closed fists for the fight but both guys have other tools to make the fight entertaining. I can name a few more MMA fights that can send me to sleep. Variety cannot always assure us of excitement. But that is your opinion and I respect that. You should be watching more that Pac's fights, plenty of exciting kids out there wanting to get into the Vegas lights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

this fight is going to be big!

both fighters are in their peak/prime.. kudos to both for taking this fight!

GGG vs Canelo is confirmed. Samantalang iyong mascot ng UFC hindi pa din lumalaban.

No.

GGG vs Canelo would prove that boxing is very much alive!

Because of people like May Weather who treat Boxing as Business and not a sport.... its all about the money now...

Boxing is not dying... its already dead....

Disagree, boxing is alive because of Floyd Jr. Even after retirement, he knows what to say and do to create buzz. His marketability is still high. He can still school up and comers, just watch the Canelo fight. He is so relevant that the the UFC's McGregor and his girlfriend Dana White need to ride his name to have something to talk about.

Also, please name a major sport where there is no money involved.