Is Boxing Dying?

johnnydrama

Boxing will surely be dead if McGregor gets lucky and KOs Floyd.

If, and that is a big IF, CMG does beat FMJ, then it will be MMA that will be dying. Fighters signed under the Ultimate Fanciful Unicorns and Belladonna MMA will finally realize that they are being scraps and morsels by their promotion. They will all jump ship to boxing and get a better payday.

If, and that is a big IF, CMG does beat FMJ, then it will be MMA that will be dying. Fighters signed under the Ultimate Fanciful Unicorns and Belladonna MMA will finally realize that they are being scraps and morsels by their promotion. They will all jump ship to boxing and get a better payday.

I don't think MMA will die because they're competing in boxing. If Floyd fights Connor in an MMA match and Floyd wins then that would be the death of MMA.

not really, wala lang interesting na personalities (stars) yun current na lineup. wala nang ibang manny pacquiao or floyd. it just became boring thats all. hintay lang tayo ng matinding mag trash talk and isang mala anghel ang pag angat sa rankings and isang matindi ang true to life story before pumasok sa ring. or pag naging boxing na laro ni fedor. hehehe

I don't think MMA will die because they're competing in boxing. If Floyd fights Connor in an MMA match and Floyd wins then that would be the death of MMA.

Sorry if I am being rude, I am also a fan of MMA ever since UFC 1 was available in bootleg VHS tapes, but I say LOL if MMA is competing with boxing. Just look at the payroll after each UFC card.A champ like Daniel Cormier makes around $700k a fight, while Andrei Ward makes $5M a fight. Big difference.

MMA fans should stop forcing the issue that Floyd Jr should step inside the cage with this and that fighter. It will never happen. You are all playing into the guy's game when he opens his mouth. He is pissing people off and stirring emotions to stay relevant. Personally, I find it entertaining. The man is too good a boxer to be ignored. I could care less about what he says outside the ring.

Sorry if I am being rude, I am also a fan of MMA ever since UFC 1 was available in bootleg VHS tapes, but I say LOL if MMA is competing with boxing. Just look at the payroll after each UFC card.A champ like Daniel Cormier makes around $700k a fight, while Andrei Ward makes $5M a fight. Big difference.

MMA fans should stop forcing the issue that Floyd Jr should step inside the cage with this and that fighter. It will never happen. You are all playing into the guy's game when he opens his mouth. He is pissing people off and stirring emotions to stay relevant. Personally, I find it entertaining. The man is too good a boxer to be ignored. I could care less about what he says outside the ring.

I understand the disparity between the salaries but isn't that because the UFC has the monopoly in terms of the promotion?

Anyway, I personally dont think MMA fighters will be successful if they transition to boxing, because its a totally different sport and requires different skillsets.

But i have to hand it to floyd and connor on their business sense ang making this fight happen as it will surely be watched. I know connor cannot outbox floyd but i will still watch it 😀

I understand the disparity between the salaries but isn't that because the UFC has the monopoly in terms of the promotion?

Anyway, I personally dont think MMA fighters will be successful if they transition to boxing, because its a totally different sport and requires different skillsets.

But i have to hand it to floyd and connor on their business sense ang making this fight happen as it will surely be watched. I know connor cannot outbox floyd but i will still watch it 😀

MMA fighters better get their s@%t together and form a union to get leverage over promotions. These guys are just as hard working as any athlete you can think of. Too bad the UFC does not seem to recognize the effort that these guys put into it.

I will ba watching the MCG FMJ fight as well but I will spare myself the misery and not expect a lot of action. I am more excited with the fight promos and media events. These two clowns can talk the ear off of anyone.

MMA fighters better get their s@%t together and form a union to get leverage over promotions. These guys are just as hard working as any athlete you can think of. Too bad the UFC does not seem to recognize the effort that these guys put into it.

I will ba watching the MCG FMJ fight as well but I will spare myself the misery and not expect a lot of action. I am more excited with the fight promos and media events. These two clowns can talk the ear off of anyone.

same here. I'm not expecting a lot of action, being both are counter punchers, yung second fight nila most probably sa WWE na hehehe

same here. I'm not expecting a lot of action, being both are counter punchers, yung second fight nila most probably sa WWE na hehehe

LOLOLOL at WWE, pang Wrestlemania lang. If they are going to crossover from their sport, gusto ko gawa na lang sila ng podcast. Dadaigin ng dalawang iyan ang kahit sinong daldalerong DJ sa mga local FM radio stations natin.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...