Apple iPad

I'm currently using my uncle's IPAD and honestly I don't know anything else what to do with it aside from play music. Can anyone help me on how and where I can download games, music, movies and e-books? Thanks in advance.

Use the Apple store or Itune to access the Apple application store

I'm currently using my uncle's IPAD and honestly I don't know anything else what to do with it aside from play music. Can anyone help me on how and where I can download games, music, movies and e-books? Thanks in advance.

Use iTunes software then connect to Apple store there are tons of free games to download.

For books, iBooks application ginagamit ko, madodownload mo din yan sa Apple store for free. to open pdf o epub file using it, but i prefer mga .epub files kasi maliit lang ang capacity mostly wala pang 500kb. cheack the net for epub books marami ring free.

Now that the hype has died down (at least a little bit). I just wanted to ask those who bought the iPad: are you still using it as regularly now as you did when you first got it? If so, what apps and on what kind of settings?

Using it whenever am out of ofc, to check emails, stocks, fb, twitter and do somework on spreadsheets and words and also surf the web. Of course check out MTC :P

Now that the hype has died down (at least a little bit). I just wanted to ask those who bought the iPad: are you still using it as regularly now as you did when you first got it? If so, what apps and on what kind of settings?

It has completely replaced two laptops, a Macbook Pro and Macbook Air as my go-anywhere device. Not only do I get 24/7 internet access with Globe's microSim, browsing, email, and even light duty writing are all good. It is light and small enough (although the Macbook Air also fits nicely in an envelope, the iPad has better battery endurance so I never have to bring a charger with me. If I need a power top-up, the iPhone charger in the car makes short work of charging the battery. I never play games so whether it has games or not is a non-issue for me.

Another non-issue is a camera because the one on my iPhone 4 takes excellent pictures and video if I really need to. In meetings, its so easy to just pass the thing round to share information.

I only have to bring a Macbook now if I have to do some heavy duty computing such as video edits on the fly or run a complicated Keynote before a large group.

Who was it on this thread to said earlier on that the iPad would not affecr netbook sales because netbooks had a more powerful chip than the PDA chip on the iPad? And that the market would snub it because it was less versatile than a notebook or netbook? How do you want your crow? Fried or grilled? Feathers on or feathers off?

Chipmakers Feel the Pain as iPad Eats Into Notebook Sales

Read More http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/10/chipmakers-ipad/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wired%2Findex+%28Wired%3A+Index+3+%28Top+Stories+2%29%29#ixzz12VaetSFk

• 2 months later...

honestly, i like the concept of ipad, and 3 months ago i shop or looks around for 1 of this, the 64g model, but since "samsung galaxy" is not yet here(aug) i stopped my self in diving in, so now i think the "galaxy" is much better, cause the unit has a smaller profile and longer batt and it has a "simm" slot so you can use it as a cellphone, its much easier to call and received text, just my 2 cents

and its much cheaper also (samsung), games, surf, email, calls, semi office work is all we would do in a ipad and i think the cheaper "galaxy" can also do it..

tnx

honestly, i like the concept of ipad, and 3 months ago i shop or looks around for 1 of this, the 64g model, but since "samsung galaxy" is not yet here(aug) i stopped my self in diving in, so now i think the "galaxy" is much better, cause the unit has a smaller profile and longer batt and it has a "simm" slot so you can use it as a cellphone, its much easier to call and received text, just my 2 cents

and its much cheaper also (samsung), games, surf, email, calls, semi office work is all we would do in a ipad and i think the cheaper "galaxy" can also do it..

tnx

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out, whatever you end up buying. For me, as a smartphone, the iPhone is the right size. Fits in my pocket. As a media consumption appliance, the iPad is the right size as the larger screen is better for reading ebooks, surfing, emails, viewing video and photos, and–god help us, playing games. What is the Samsung? An overgrown smartphone? Too unwieldy to carry around like that. An iPad replacement? It's priced almost as much as the iPad and you get a smaller screen. It saved me from needing to carry my laptop around except on the rare occasion where I would need more horsepower such as needing to dash out a video edit on the plane.

I stopped looking at features a long time ago. If I did, I would have bought something like those P5k China-made 10-inch tablets. I suggest you consider other things like build quality, the apps environment, and try using both and see which one has a better 'feel.' For example, how many taps would you need to do certain things?

Is it better to buy now or wait for the new model?

If you can only buy the thing once, you would be tempted to wait for the new model. But then, a few months after, the rumors about a third and newer model will start, and you will feel remorseful that you did not wait longer…

It goes on and on my friend. In the end, you buy something to indulge yourself, so why give yourself a hard time?

I buy when I can afford to buy and when I want to buy. I don't give a hoot about what might be around the corner. That is a never ending battle you will never win.

Thanks, just like mobile phones, every quarter or every year a new "update" is churned out by manufacturers

Il get one by end March, mobility is the name of the game

Is it better to buy now or wait for the new model?

If you can only buy the thing once, you would be tempted to wait for the new model. But then, a few months after, the rumors about a third and newer model will start, and you will feel remorseful that you did not wait longer…

It goes on and on my friend. In the end, you buy something to indulge yourself, so why give yourself a hard time?

I buy when I can afford to buy and when I want to buy. I don't give a hoot about what might be around the corner. That is a never ending battle you will never win.

• 2 weeks later...

After wanting one when it was first announced, i changed my mind.

Why? I spent a day with one (borrowed from a friend) and there are just some things i can't do with it that i can do with a laptop or netbook; it can't multitask, can't handle flash, i can't fiddle with its internals or OS settings, and speed-typing on it without any form of external keyboard was a frustrating task (after 30 minutes of typing a word document i felt like gnawing my fingers off!). The interface was zippy and responsive though just like my IPod. And there lay the problem...it's just a glorified and oversized IPOD/IPhone, there's nothing innovative about it (my two cents). I think i'll stick with using laptops and netbooks where i can actually perform computer-centric tasks.