Mayors? Negative Or Positive

There are many political families who have family members in practically all levels of government. Political dynasties are a reality just as corruption is. I suppose where you find political dynasties, you'll also find corruption. Perhaps if political dynasties are banned by an enabling law, the incidence of corruption may decrease. Then again, the successor of a mayor who belongs to a political dynasty may himself/herself be as corrupt if not more corrupt than his/her predecessor.

So on second thought, elimination of political dynasties may not be a viable solution to eliminating corruption.

hmm, somewhat contradictory opinions about political dynasty and corruption. please be clear on your your exact point.

hmm, somewhat contradictory opinions about political dynasty and corruption. please be clear on your your exact point.

Yeah I admit I issued contradictory remarks in the last post I made. Sometimes when Im analyzing a situation I suddenly develop new insights which can contradict my original point to the extent that my new insights now seem more plausible than the ideas I propounded earlier. The new insights then supersede the previous posts I made.

Sorry for the confusion that arose as a result of me changing my mind as I get new insights that weren't available at the time my original post came out. Guess people can change their opinions after a better, more logical argument comes their way.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah I admit I issued contradictory remarks in the last post I made. Sometimes when Im analyzing a situation I suddenly develop new insights which can contradict my original point to the extent that my new insights now seem more plausible than the ideas I propounded earlier. The new insights then supersede the previous posts I made.

Sorry for the confusion that arose as a result of me changing my mind as I get new insights that weren't available at the time my original post came out. Guess people can change their opinions after a better, more logical argument comes their way.

its okay sir, i think you have presented valid points on both scenarios thats why i asked for clarification on your answer. thanks sir for the insight.

Para sa akin it's a matter of choosing the lesser evil. Wala nang choice mga taga Maynila.

I saw the "debate" between Lim and Estrada. Pathetic is an understatement on how these two discussed "issues." All they did was throw mud at each other. In front of students pa naman. If I were a Manileno, I wouldn't waste my time going to the polls to vote for either of these two. Neither of them deserves my vote nor the votes of all Manilenos.

I saw the "debate" between Lim and Estrada. Pathetic is an understatement on how these two discussed "issues." All they did was throw mud at each other. In front of students pa naman. If I were a Manileno, I wouldn't waste my time going to the polls to vote for either of these two. Neither of them deserves my vote nor the votes of all Manilenos.

Instead of hurling insulting accusations against each other, why don't these two clarify what plans they have for Manila if they are elected Mayor.

Mudslinging is a part of election life. I don't think these two political veterans are the only opponents hurling insults at each other.

Yeah that's why politics in this country sucks big time. How can the Filipino people vote for candidates who do not promise to make their lives better (even if in truth they cannot) and are only good at hurling accusations against their opponents? So candidate A lists down all the faults of candidate B. So what??? Does that make him the better candidate? Does destroying the reputation of his opponent make him qualified to administer good government on his constituents?

The answer is a big resounding NO!!!

Yes these two epitomize the personal nature of politics in the Philippines.

I'm from Manila

So bleak talaga ang future namin sa 2 candidates na ito

But I have to vote

I think lim has the edge since incumbent sya and choosing

Between them mas ok track record ni lim

And ayoko ng dynasty(political)

I'm from Manila

So bleak talaga ang future namin sa 2 candidates na ito

But I have to vote

I think lim has the edge since incumbent sya and choosing

Between them mas ok track record ni lim

And ayoko ng dynasty(political)

Hinde kaya lamang si Estrada kasi dati siyang Presidente at sikat siya sa mga masa dahil artista siya date.

Mudslinging is a part of election life. I don't think these two political veterans are the only opponents hurling insults at each other.

Is it any wonder why this country hasn't progressed through the years? Or why poverty remains? Because these political "veterans" place their political careers and personal interests ahead of their sworn duty to serve.

Then of course everyone knows this but no one really cares unless their own interests are in turn affected.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ang Mayor namin dito sa Muntinlupa...Magaling!

Magaling... Imagine, sa first term niya pa lang dami na niyang negosyo, lupa, kotse, resort! very gud! B)

Ay sori, di pala sya mayor namin, yung Tatay Niya pala! Front Lang sya Ng Tatay Nya! Hehe

Edited by jackingdash