Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

what the?!

Seiko meisters!

How do you use the compass on the JungleMaster? I toyed with a unit today.

Is it worth getting the Black titanium model?

Thanks!

wow...bo, that watch is such a beauty tapos titanium pa...:cool:

how much are you getting it? as for the compass...lemme see...that was asked also in the SCWF and here is the response from one of the forumers...

"Watches that have the fixed bezel require you aim the watch. Watches with the moveable bezel require you aim the bezel. In either case it is no more functional than a 3000 year old sundial ...maybe less so; it relies on your guess as to where the sun is..." - ben shilled

in any case, there is suppose to be an instruction manual with the junglemaster (especially the Ti models and LE ones). for me, i'd just settle for the ordinary landshark/junglemaster with black or blue dial...:D

post-91934-1155025096.jpg

hey bonito,

here are instructions for the junglemaster compass bezel taken from Dan's watch collection

********************************************************************************

HOW TO USE THE COMPASS DIRECTIONAL RING

If your watch is equipped with a compass directional ring, it gives

approximate compass readings. Locate the sun and then follow these

steps:

1. Point the hour hand at the sun (see diagram).

2. WHEN IN A.M. TIME - Rotate the compass directional ring until S

(South) is past the hour hand and halfway between the hour hand

and 12:00.

WHEN IN P.M. TIME - Rotate the compass directional ring until S

(South) is before the hour hand and halfway between the hour hand

and 12:00.

Adjust the compass directional ring every hour to reflect changes in

the sun's position. When reading the compass directional ring, make

sure the hour hand is always pointed towards the sun. When the hour

hand is at 12:00 noon, S (South) should also be at 12:00.

********************************************************************************

personally, the black Ti model was really my first love ( i even posted it together with pics in this thread some time ago). If you have the cash to burn, go ahead and get it. it is purportedly a limited edition with only who knows how many of it ever made. The flat finish of the black Ti is so stunning and just adds to its threatening appearance, i would like to think of it as the watch that darth vader would probably wear (with matching light saber buzzing sound effects).

myself, i have since gravitated towards the black dial stainless steel model, it's a helluva lot cheaper and i just love those yellow hands

hey koopahl,

any info on the white monster? is it also a limited edition?

i saw one on the SCWF that's an original take, and another being a Yao mod...way too cool watch...but am a sucker for the OM, of course :D

like the jolly green monster, the WM are considered LE pieces. oh BTW, only 3000 of the LE junglemaster were made, so just getting one is considered a great investment...

post-91934-1155031596.jpg

Edited by koopahl
i saw one on the SCWF that's an original take, and another being a Yao mod...way too cool watch...but am a sucker for the OM, of course :D

like the jolly green monster, the WM are considered LE pieces. oh BTW, only 3000 of the LE junglemaster were made, so just getting one is considered a great investment...

oh...and that pic is the Yao mod...