Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

here are some pointers to follow while buying watches on the internet:

1) If it sounds too good to be true you can bet it is.

2) Stock photos of watches are very easy to cut and paste into your ads.

3) If in doubt ask for REAL photos of the watch on top of a paper with today's date.

4) Check references thoroughly.

5) Buy from regulars.

6) Follow your gut instinct.

7) Do a web-search on the name of the seller or their company before buying.

Stay safe out there!

The Rolex Submariner and the Orient looks exactly the same! Yung dial lang ang medyo naiba, pati ang

hour, min & sec. hands pareho. Di ba dinedemanda ng rolex yan? :-)

not really exactly the same, there are some differences in the dial details plus a hundred times of the price.

The sub is one of the most copied designs and if rolex were to sue everybody who copied it, wala nang matitira watchmakes siguro since almost all companies have a copy or a version with slight variations of the sub design. Rolex afficionados would contend that it may look like a rolex but it still isn't a rolex. I couldn't agree more and make no pretensions that my orient is a rolex. I merely admire the design and chose a brand that I feel is built well enough plus it is within my budget. Better to wear an "homage" than a fake.

i tried bidding on the ebay bonito but it seems you're the one out-bidding me! :P just last tuesday though, my bid for a vintage 6309 diver was just a thousand bucks short...

well, if you do tire of those wonderful bellmatics, you know dennis and i are just waiting for them :D

PM me an offer that I can't resist ;)

I do barters, as well. :)

Re: "Subs" I have Sandoz Submariners as well :)

some of the great homages to the rolex sub are by sandoz and orient, and these are reasonably priced timepieces for the not-so-fortunate-to-have-a-rolex bunch...:D

divers, on the other hand, are a bountiful lot, as you will see a number of watches popping on the market with names like marcella, doxa, sea3, orsa, zodiac, marathon, etc. but i keep my lot filled only with the venerable seiko...and a little citizen on the side...

how about IDing this deep diver if you know what it is?

post-91934-1157099461.jpg

Edited by koopahl
wow ganda nyan ah! kanu ba isa nyan> ^^ I've been using a cheap guess watch for 5 years now.. Basaga basag na nga ung gilid e..^^ May sentimental value kase kaya ndi ko pinapalitanb.. ^^

you can never put a price on sentimental value. if it is really that special, why not keep it so that it'll last much much longer? Get a new watch so that you can put your sentimental piece in a nice safe place.

Seiko, Citizen and Orient make relatively affordable but very high quality and good looking watches.