Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

i think banning a player isnt really a way of working it out.

madami naman dyan na players draft ng teams pero they dont really sign them some much worst only gets 1 year or even iilan conference lang. maybe im wrong pero if you got drafted and you dnt want to sign pan ba yun? mali naman ata ung sabi na amin ka na kse draft ka namin so you should sign the contract ?

feeling ko lang its life, malas lang ng BK na ung kinuha nilang player e mentally hindi pa alam ang gusto sa buhay.

ikinumpara pa sa nba, pba is different from nba, the david robinson case is different from japeth's case, in the us, citizen are required to serve in the armed forces for a certain period of time, eh kay japeth nagdalawang isip lang siya eh hehehe being a patriotic is good , but being committed to play for a certain team is another case, he just have to honor the commitment to play in the pba, ang hirap kasi pakialamero yung sri lankan na si ronnie nathanielsz, go back to your country, dapat nagtanong na muna si japeth, since papayagan naman pala siyang maglaro sa smart gilas kapag off season, hirap kasi ang daming bumubulong sa bata hehehe

^^ Here is my take on this:

The dream of young Japeth is NOT to play for the PBA. It has never been his ambition. He has set his sights a little higher than most Filipino hoopster. He wants to play for the NBA. And he is young enough to, maybe, take another stab at it. And how does one get to be drafted by an NBA team? Aside from being drafted straight from an American college? That is being SCOUTED playing well for your national team. Yao Ming, Haddadi, etc., have all gone this route. Japeth, figures, this is his one chance too. And playing for flag and country, while chasing your own dream, ain't so bad as far side-effects go.

nice observation...but then, like chief megalodon stated, smart-gilas must have to do good in the international arena...and that is to qualify for the olympics or the world cup. that is where the big stage is. the sea games or the asiad will not bring japeth anywhere.

Asar lang ang BK dahil kung baga iniwan sila sa altar. Pabayaan na nila maglaro si Japeth sa Smart! As long as the team holds his draft and signing rights, sa kanila pa rin naman babalik si Japeth if things don't pan out for him internationally.

Talaga asar ang BK sir and u cant blame them..Kung alam lang nila na ganun gagawin ni JA sana si Rico na lang ang kinuha nila and nde nila bibigay si Arwind.. Hindi pede pagsabayin nya ang SMART GILAS and BK...Nagpadraft cia and honor nya un commitment nya sa BK...Hindi basta basta problema ang iniwan nya sa BK and PBA...

GUIAO BELIEVES JAPETH GETTING BAD ADVICE

BURGER King coach Yeng Guiao is as puzzled as everyone else on why Japeth Aguilar has had a change of heart.

The grizzled mentor can only arrive at one conclusion. “I think he (Aguilar) is getting bad advice,” he said.

Otherwise, Guiao reasoned, why would a player he gambled on for inclusion in the Powerade-Team Pilipinas, made the top pick overall in the draft and set to be the cornerstone of the Whoppers is turning his back on a coveted PBA stint and now has his sights allegedly trained elsewhere?

“I think it’s a case of wanting too much too soon,” Guiao went on. “Maybe ang expectations nila (Aguilar camp) napakataas, na hindi pa naman kaya ng bata. Kaya nga sinabi kong he will be the next dominant big man dahil he hasn’t earned the full title yet. He’s still a work in progress.”

Guiao is still hoping the 22-year-old Aguilar will ultimately change his mind once again and report to the Whoppers in time for the new PBA season that unfolds Oct. 11. “We’re still awaiting their decision. Kami hintay lang until they come to (definitely) make up their minds.”

The Pampanga vice-governor has, however, started to brace for the worst and that’s where regret starts setting in.

“Siyempre, malaking epekto because we’ll miss our first pick. Malaking kasayangan ‘yun. Pero tingin ko naman, we can survive. But the problem is the missed opportunity. Malaking setback ‘yung wala siya.,” he explained.

In a statement issued last Saturday, the 6-foot-9 Aguilar said he wants to play and help the Smart-Gilas team gearing up for the Asian Games next year and the 2011 FIBA-Asia qualifier for the 2012 London Olympics.

Guiao, who will now run for Pampanga governor in the coming elections, is puzzled by this need to further help out the Smart-Gilas team when Aguilar has already had his chances with Powerade-Team Pilipinas in both the Jones Cup and FIBA-Asia in Tianjin, China. Further, the cager has already turned down an earlier offer to play for the team being handled by Serbian mentor Rajko Toroman.

“He should have laid bare his intention of playing for Smart-Gilas before the (PBA) draft (last Aug. 2),” said Guiao.

What galls at Guiao is the fact he took a big risk by including Aguilar in his final lineup for the Asian joust, bumping off former RP Team mainstay Ranidel de Ocampo in the process.

“I staked my reputation and credibility on him without the benefit of having seen him play,” fumed Guiao. “Nawalan ng slot si Ranidel. “A veteran like Ranidel inilagay natin sa reserve para lang ma-experience niya (Aguilar) ang international competition. Now they’re saying I am not looking after his interest.”

Guiao also reacted to reports Aguilar’s change of heart was brought about by the limited minutes the player had in Tianjin.

“Nagamit naman siya actually, pero alam naman natin ang capability niya, na medyo hilaw pa siya,” Guiao explained. “Isa pa, napakalaking kaibahan ang playing time niya with the national team at ang makukuha niya sa Burger King.”

Guiao also bared Aguilar’s playing time was restricted by a fever he contracted while in Tianjin, a fact the RP delegation kept secret for fear Aguilar and the entire team could be quarantined by the illness-conscious organizers.

“Pero ang bottom line, he should be thankful, being the youngest and only amateur in our team. Hindi alam ng ilang players kung gaano kalaking privilege ang makapaglaro sa national team at nagkaroon siya nu’n.”

Guiao also feels disappointment, too, borne by the last conversation he and Aguilar had at the driveway of the Centennial Airport right after their arrival from China last Aug. 18.

“Tinanong pa niya ko kung kailan daw start ng practice niya with Burger King. Sabi ko, Lunes. Hindi na sumipot. Ngayon I’ve been calling him pero hindi na niya ko sinasagot,” related Guiao.

“Ang masakit nu’n, he changed his mind without even consulting me. Wala naman siyang kahit one word of complaint na sinabi sa akin in the close to one month we were together with the (Powerade) team,” added Guiao.

“I think he’s getting bad advice,” Guiao reiterated, “but he should be answerable for the statements na lumalabas, dahil iyun ang inilalagay sa bibig

Talaga asar ang BK sir and u cant blame them..Kung alam lang nila na ganun gagawin ni JA sana si Rico na lang ang kinuha nila and nde nila bibigay si Arwind.. Hindi pede pagsabayin nya ang SMART GILAS and BK...Nagpadraft cia and honor nya un commitment nya sa BK...Hindi basta basta problema ang iniwan nya sa BK and PBA...

100% exact sentiments.

My vote: Banned for life sa PBA.

GUIAO BELIEVES JAPETH GETTING BAD ADVICE

I feel for Guiao. isipin mo ikaw ang coach and you took the 1st pick and is setting your eyes on winning the All Filipino Conf then bigla na lang humina team dahil sa pagrefuse ng Top Pick to honor his duty.

Which makes me think now, Mas naging malaking tulong siguro si Ranidel sa Powerade Team kung siya na lang ang pinalaro in lieu of Japeth.

Japeth Aguilar is no different from CABAGNOT! Masyadong nagpaimportante di pa man nakakapaglaro sa PBA. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by kleptome

the guy hasn't prove anything else except for watching his team (ATENEO AND western kentuky) play.... bangko cya s ateneo andbangko di cya s western.... yet he think he is the nextbig thing.... masyadon lumaki ulo nya..... he think he could have a slot or a chance s NBA? well he better think twice..... mababa p basketball iq nya and BTW he is prone t injury (if we follow his press releases) as to the reason why he is seldom use during his playig years in college

Japhet talks bullshit... he kept on blabbing about playing for flag and country when in fact there was his and his inarte moments in donning the national colors. I think his father eats bullshit just the same, bloated egos and all just because japhet didn't get his minutes. Japhet has not proven anything, regardless of how many holes he bore in the bench of Western Kentucky. All hype yet even in the status to deserve hype.

Alvarez wins in all angles... it's not just business, its professionalis...

pak that Sri Lankan asskisser named Ronnie too!

:D

We all could only speculate what really transpired why suddendly Japeth had a change of heart ... whatever the main reason was only one thing remains certain... This is not for FLAG and COUNTRY as their press release states. If Japeth really wanted to play for the Gilas team / Country he would have not joined the PBA draft. As it is, his initial action can only refute what he is saying now.

I suspect, it has something to do with MONEY MATTERS. We all know that there is a standard salary scale for rookies. However, these players can get "EXTRA PERKS" which would essentially raise his total package (financial + non financial perks). Am sure we've heard that during the time of Paras, he was given the max salary + a Shell franchise. Most San Miguel top players of the past and present also have a SMC dealership ... Calma. Fernandez. ildefonso to name a few.

As for Burger King, they are just like crying babies ... at this point considering Japeth have not signed a contract they have no legal basis to hold against him. What they currently own is his draft rights. In the NBA, if a player drafted can't agree on a contract with his mother team and forego playing with any other team for a year he can re-apply for the draft. Am not sure what the PBA has on its rules as to such case but seems like there is none at the moment thus BK is lobbying to the office of the commissioner for proper sanctions. Well dito natin makikita ang palabra de honor ni Japeth ... if he really meant what he says and that is to play for the RP team then no matter what sanctions would be imposed on him by the PBA for turning his back then he should stick by what he said. Otherwise, mukahang pera-pera na naman ito.

• Like (+1) 4

I read about this whole Japeth Aguilar brouhaha last week at syempre nagulat ako sa actions ni Japeth, obviously tama ang sabi ni Guiao na Japeth is getting bad advice (maybe from his dad Peter, Nathanielz, Tiu and maybe even mula doon sa nagba-bankroll sa Smart Gilas), tingin ko pera-pera lang 'to at alam ko naman for a fact may mga players na pumirma ng contract sa Smart Gilas (so obviously it involves money), baka mas malaki ang offer ng Smart-Gilas sa kanya kesa sa makukuha n'ya sa PBA. Japeth baka maging Cabagnot II ka dahil sa actions mo

As for Burger King, they are just like crying babies ... at this point considering Japeth have not signed a contract they have no legal basis to hold against him. What they currently own is his draft rights. In the NBA, if a player drafted can't agree on a contract with his mother team and forego playing with any other team for a year he can re-apply for the draft. Am not sure what the PBA has on its rules as to such case but seems like there is none at the moment thus BK is lobbying to the office of the commissioner for proper sanctions. Well dito natin makikita ang palabra de honor ni Japeth ... if he really meant what he says and that is to play for the RP team then no matter what sanctions would be imposed on him by the PBA for turning his back then he should stick by what he said. Otherwise, mukahang pera-pera na naman ito.

Have read in the papers that says that a player automatically becomes a free agent if he and the team can't agree 2 seasons after getting drafted ... With that, dapat pa bang humingi ang BK ng "special sanction"?

Ang sinasabi, the above only applies pag may di napagkakasunduan sa contract negotiations and apparently since the max was offered there should be nothing to be of disagreement.

• Like (+1) 3

kausap ko si Quinito Henson last friday sa Music 1 sa glorieta. and i had a chance to ask him kung ano ang chance ng smart gilas sa international competition and he told me malaki daw ang potential ng gilas kasi fresh at full energy and i told him meron nga silang energy pero they lack experience at dean said experience can be gain along the way of different intl competition and w/c is for me meron syang point.... one of the reason quinito stressed out to me kaya ng land ng 8th place ang pilipinas is because of fatigue. kasi sabi nya ang haba daw kasi ng season sa atin dito kaya pag pasok nun asai qualifying talaga burnt out na ang team and i told him maybe they lack of passion to play para sa flag and then he paused and he said "MAYBE".....den i asked him about the lineup and he talked about the filam dat is lutz and the fil italian guy forgot his name dean said ok daw tong 2 players na ito....and i asked him about pringle wala daw sya masyado pang alam here, he said giles really fit for the national team he plays he's heart out as per dean.....he said baroca is a good PG dylan is full of promises and last is japeth he include japeth na akala ko di na kasama sa national team pero kasma pa rin na medyo naguluhan ako pero dean stressed out his name talaga so talaga nga kasama sya na w/c is for me the right choice.......si slaughter daw is the future......the future EJ FIEHL no kidding sinabi talga ni quinito yun.... meron syang sinabi na player na part ng national team natin who stand 6'9 din taga south din sya sabi magaling at ok daw......at last na pinagusapan namin is maglalaro ang gilas sa PBA dis coming season and he stressed out na maraming pedeng pahirapan ng pba teams ang gilas den after nila dun dey will be playing sa netherlands......

kausap ko si Quinito Henson last friday sa Music 1 sa glorieta. and i had a chance to ask him kung ano ang chance ng smart gilas sa international competition and he told me malaki daw ang potential ng gilas kasi fresh at full energy and i told him meron nga silang energy pero they lack experience at dean said experience can be gain along the way of different intl competition and w/c is for me meron syang point.... one of the reason quinito stressed out to me kaya ng land ng 8th place ang pilipinas is because of fatigue. kasi sabi nya ang haba daw kasi ng season sa atin dito kaya pag pasok nun asai qualifying talaga burnt out na ang team and i told him maybe they lack of passion to play para sa flag and then he paused and he said "MAYBE".....den i asked him about the lineup and he talked about the filam dat is lutz and the fil italian guy forgot his name dean said ok daw tong 2 players na ito....and i asked him about pringle wala daw sya masyado pang alam here, he said giles really fit for the national team he plays he's heart out as per dean.....he said baroca is a good PG dylan is full of promises and last is japeth he include japeth na akala ko di na kasama sa national team pero kasma pa rin na medyo naguluhan ako pero dean stressed out his name talaga so talaga nga kasama sya na w/c is for me the right choice.......si slaughter daw is the future......the future EJ FIEHL no kidding sinabi talga ni quinito yun.... meron syang sinabi na player na part ng national team natin who stand 6'9 din taga south din sya sabi magaling at ok daw......at last na pinagusapan namin is maglalaro ang gilas sa PBA dis coming season and he stressed out na maraming pedeng pahirapan ng pba teams ang gilas den after nila dun dey will be playing sa netherlands......

That isnt exactly saying much about Slaughter. :thumbsupsmiley:

Well at least Quinito is calling a spade a spade, but then again maybe playing under rt and with the right training mag-improve si Slaughter, pag nabasa ni Slaughter 'yan t'yak magpupuyos sa galit 'yun at macha-challenge

well sana nga tsong ma motivate sya....eto pa sabi ko "quinito akala ko ba slaugter is under the guidance of el presidente and he said nod his heaf left to right and said HINID RIN".........pero sana nga mamotivate si slaughter on dat statement....

sinabi na ng coach yeng, in the pba your just concern winning against san miguel, while at the international its against nations over nations ( country ba dapat )

it always concern me that after the team plays overseas, when they come back there is something different with them then slowly they return to tehri oldself of pba toon land