Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

the guys were focused from the start. they knew what was at stake. yes chief...this is sweet revenge. oh...thanks to the koreans hehehe i'd like to see gilas battle the chinese right in their homecourt.

Yes, they were, chief. Most noticeable in this game was the leech-like man to man defense of the Philippines as they made life miserable for the Kazakhs from three-point range. There were defensive lapses but they were few and far between in the second half. I think that if Yeng scouted this Kazakh team before Gilas met them the first time, Gilas would have clobbered this team. The Kazakhs thrive from beyond the arc. Once Gilas shut down that option, Zhigulin and the Kazakhs were like headless chickens trying to find out what shot to take. Blatche was simply unstoppable in this game. The Kraken should be fed more in the post as he was overpowering the Kazakh big men. When Blatche was out, Fajardo proved why he is the five-time MVP. Props also to Castro and the rest of Gilas, especially Yeng, who masterminded that masterful defensive scheme.

Edited by will robie
  • Like (+1) 1

Yes, they were, chief. Most noticeable in this game was the leech-like man to man defense of the Philippines as they made life miserable for the Kazakhs from three-point range. There were defensive lapses but they were few and far between in the second half. I think that if Yeng scouted this Kazakh team before Gilas met them the first time, Gilas would have clobbered this team. The Kazakhs thrive from beyond the arc. Once Gilas shut down that option, Zhigulin and the Kazakhs were like headless chickens trying to find out what shot to take. Blatche was simply unstoppable in this game. The Kraken should be fed more in the post as he was overpowering the Kazakh big men. When Blatche was out, Fajardo proved why he is the five-time MVP. Props also to Castro and the rest of Gilas, especially Yeng, who masterminded that masterful defensive scheme.

defense specially on the 3-point shooters did it chief. that zhigulin was eaten alive by andray and junemar. zhigulin had a field day the first time...but was nowhere to be found last night. kudos to barroca also for making clemmons (?) bleed for his points. our shooters were on target. 6 months before the biggest basketball show unfolds in china. we still have a lot of work to do. prepare early and give these basketball heavyweights a decent fight. LABAN PILIPINAS!!!

Edited by junix
  • Like (+1) 1

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/what-would-it-take-for-clarkson-blatche-to-team-up-for-gilas-at-world-cup-a2437-20190225?ref=article_feed_2

all filipino basketbal afficionados are waiting for this to happen. sana nga magkatotoo at maihabol sa china.

Really hoping na madeclare as local si jordan clarkson and sana magsama rin ng u19 prospect sa lineup like sotto, edu, tamayo etc.

the guys were focused from the start. they knew what was at stake. yes chief...this is sweet revenge. oh...thanks to the koreans hehehe i'd like to see gilas battle the chinese right in their homecourt.

Medyo maliit ang chance nito boss. 8 groups, 4 teams each group yata yung format. For sure hiwa-hiwalay nilang ilalagay sa groups yung mga asian teams. :) Bibihira yung mga asian teams na lumulusot sa 2nd round (except Australia and New Zealand).

Eto pala yung magiging rewards ng Fiba World Cup 2019.

The top 8 teams, including Japan as the host of the 2020 Summer Olympics (and the top 2 teams from each of the Americas and Europe; and the top team from each of Africa, Asia and Oceania) in this competition will qualify for the men's basketball event in the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo.

Base sa Wiki mukhang kukuha ng tig-isang top team from Asia and Oceana. Mukhang may pag-asa tayo dito. Ano satingin nyo?

Host nation Japan (1) / Africa (1) / Americas (2) / Asia (1) / Europe (2) / Oceania (1)

2020 FIBA World Olympic Qualifying Tournaments for Men (4)

Edited by Soraoi_empire

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/guiao-hopes-clarkson-blatche-will-complete-our-version-of-the-dream-team-a1374-20190226?ref=home_featured_big

let's make this happen sbp.

hanggang end lang pala ng qualifiers ang kontrata ni coach yeng. baka naman umepal pa si chot reyes at ipagpilitan nyang sya ang mag coach ng gilas tsk tsk tsk

Chief, I would not wish Chot Reyes on Gilas again. Yeng or Tab.

neither do i chief. yes, it should be yeng or tab for the job. i hope jc will be able to play as a local. this will really give us a fighting chance at least to go to the 2nd round.

Yup, I agree. Blatche and Clarkson could potentially lead us to the second round. Edited by will robie