Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

I wasn't able to watch the game but Stan Pringle was the man but, unfortunately, we came up shorthanded. I was skeptical about Yeng's choices because he had a plethora of big men. Erram, Kraken, Gregzilla, Belga and Aguilar. Yes, Pringle contributed but Standhardinger was made for international competition. I would have preferred Stand over Pringle. Naturalize Clarkson or Brownlee. It is imperative we win against Iran.

To be fair naman kay coach yeng at sa team pilipinas hindi pa talaga sila nabibigyan ng real and long time preparation. Since the asian games laging short time preparation ang binibigay sa kanila. Since this december matatapos ang govs cup baka pwede by the end of feb na mag start philippine cup after ng FIBA window para naman mabigyan ng preparation ang team pilipinas and we all hope na manalo sila sa monday against iran.

With the way the international game is played nowadays...2traditional bigs in the game at the same time wont do esp defensively...

I agree. However, Yeng had a "big-heavy lineup". Slaughter, Fajardo, Erram, Belga, and Japeth. Yeng should have chosen Stand instead of Stan for this game. Erram, Belga and Stan for Stand, Lee and, I hate to say this, Santos.

Edited by will robie

Ang problema ng team natin palagi e yung disiplina, nawawala palagi lalo na kapag critical na oras.. talent wise mahuhusay player natin, kaso dahil kulang sa preparation at pabago bago mga player e hindi talaga natin marating ang peak form ng potential ng team natin.. if only we can have enough time para sa preparation ng isang tunay na national team, no doubt we can compete with the best in the world.. its about time for sbp to go back to the drawing board and make a blue print for the nex generation of players lead by Kai Sotto.. put coach Tab as the head coach of this cadet team and have our younger generation of coaches under him such as Chito victolero and alex compton.. these two coaches knows best how to counter act teams with big men as shown how they have beaten big teams in the PBA with their full court pressure defense... Again it will go back to DISCIPLINE as the main ingredient lacking in our team..

i said this before and i am saying it again. the best coach to handle the men's national basketball team is TAB BALDWIN. and yes...start preparing early. di na pwede yung pili-pili system...2 weeks preparation, tapos sasabak tayo sa laban. saan tayo pupulutin nyan? it's about time that the philippines form a young team anchored on kai sotto backstopped by aj edu, juan gomez de liano, ricci rivero, thirdy ravena, matt nieto, cj cansino and toughen it with international exposure. instill discipline and adopt the system as early as now. i'm not sure how old is justin brownlee now but he may be the best naturalized player at this point to help these young men.

• Like (+1) 1

To be fair naman kay coach yeng at sa team pilipinas hindi pa talaga sila nabibigyan ng real and long time preparation. Since the asian games laging short time preparation ang binibigay sa kanila. Since this december matatapos ang govs cup baka pwede by the end of feb na mag start philippine cup after ng FIBA window para naman mabigyan ng preparation ang team pilipinas and we all hope na manalo sila sa monday against iran.

this i believe is the problem with philippine basketball. ang magagaling na players na pwedeng sumabak sa international competitions ay nasa pba. commercial league ang priority. pag dating ng fiba o kaya asian games pupulot na lang sa pba...mag-eensayo ng dalawang linggo. wala talaga tayong pupuntahan kundi sa kangkungan. our basketball team doesn't even have the opportunity to play outside the philippines before competing. four tuneup games before this window?

I agree. However, Yeng had a "big-heavy lineup". Slaughter, Fajardo, Erram, Belga, and Japeth. Yeng should have chosen Stand instead of Stan for this game. Erram, Belga and Stan for Stand, Lee and, I hate to say this, Santos.

same thing in mind chief. i said it earlier...cstand to replace stanley, lee for cabagnot, troy for erram and santos for belga. troy and santos are much quicker than erram and belga. castro, too.

• Like (+1) 1

though i really hate this guy, santos would've made an impact...going for the closeout on the 3s and maybe could've hit some 3s of his own as well. more mobile and quicker than belga and erram.

tama ka bro.. but i think we rerally need the like of Kuya Andy Blatche

Let's just support GILAS! Yan ang hirap sa mga pinoy if winning everyone applause and saying proud to be pinoy but when losing looking for someone to blame. Haist just support our team win or lose.

agree bro halos every 3 point shot ng kalaban pumapasok eh

It is time for the Kraken to bully his way inside since there is, reportedly, no Hadaddi. I am firm in my belief that Stand should have played against Kazakhstan.

yeah if given the choice i'd pick cstand over stanley. nothing against stanley but cstand would've made the difference.

• Like (+1) 1

Hindsight is always 20/20 but my observation earlier was not even hindsight. When we had an 8-point lead and Castro sat out due to blood, I questioned Yeng's decision to put Lassiter instead of Scottie. This is one loss I have to blame on Yeng. We need Tab back.

Edited by will robie

Problema ng team palagi kulang sa preparation kung ganun at ganun nalang palagi kahit si Phil Jackson pa coach sa kangkungan pa rin kayo pupulutin kakasawa na paulit ulit nalang na ganyan

yan talaga sa tingin ko problema e. Kasi yung previous pool (chot reyes' gilas pool) may chemistry na sila because of fiba asia 2017 kaya kahit short preparation di na gaano malaking problema sa kanila kasi irereview na lang nila ang isa't isa. Unlike yung kay coach yeng ngayon nung asian games lang nabuo parang napilitan pa.

Isipin niyo kung di tlaga tayo nag compete nung asian games mabubuo lang sila the previous window baka yung panalo natin sa qatar nun talo pa nahirapan pa nga tayo that game e. PBA needs to adjust its basketball calendar and set aside the politics and pride(no need of blatche and romeo daw). KABADTRIP MEN.