Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Di na excuse yun bro.. Lahat naman ng teams ngayon sa Fiba Asia ganun din ang sitwasyon... Parang di talaga sa atin ang basketball... Binigay na lahat ang players ganun pa din ang result?... Nakulangan talaga ako sa diskarte ni coach Yeng.. Anyway.. Move na lang ulit... Di naman masamang mag move on.. Sanayan lang..hahaha

yung ibang teams kasi may "familiarity" kaya kahit short preparation goods na. May nabuo na rin naman tayo na ganun e kaso the gilas-aussie brawl happen na dumurog dun sa gilas core natin na magagamit pa sana natin last asian games and FIBA window.

Gilas still has an outside shot. If we beat Kazakhstan and Qatar, we have a shot. Lebanon and Jordan will have tough assignments ahead of them. Jordan will have to play China and New Zealand while Lebanon will get Korea and New Zealand so there is a chance. Unless of course, China and Korea throw away those games which I don't think they will. If we don't qualify, then we don't qualify. But I am sure as hell we will be in the FIBA-World four years from now.

Edited by will robie

You see, Fiba World Cup host China is guaranteed a spot regardless its performance in the qualifiers. But if Team Dragon wounds up in the top four of Group E, it will automatically reward the fourth-place teams of both groups a spot in the quadrennial showpiece next year.

China is currently in a third-place tie with Lebanon in Group E on 6-4 cards, behind group leaders New Zealand (9-1) and Korea (8-2). It is set to meet group cellar-dwellers Jordan and Syria on the road in the sixth window.

If the form charts hold and China does end up in the top four in Group E, the top four teams in both groups will be headed to the Fiba World Cup set from August 31 to September 15.

© spin.ph

Also yung rosario-jamshidi match up was kinda questionable. I dont know di kasi ako nanonood masyado ng games ng TNT katropa pero parang bihira ko siya makita maglaro ng SF position. In my honest opinion norwood would have stop or slow down jamshidi in 4th quarter. Damn I wanna coach that game badly. jk hahaha!

I agree na Troy was outplayed by Jamshidi... Norwood or Arwind could have defended better.

Dapat ginawa na lang decoy si Jason (pagod at injured na) nung mga last plays...

Medyo matagal din sa bench si Stan kaya nung bumalik medyo gigil at konting kalawang

Norwood should have been the one checking the streaky iranian shooter,nothing against troy but he is not quick n wily enuf to stay with an experienced sf at crunchtime

Also tenorio should have been given more pt during the 3rd quarter, he may not have been scoring but he was a disruptive presence forcing an 8 sec violation n a couple of turnovers

Lastly, cstan is a very capable scorer But not in 4th where his lack of a decent outside touch n reliable freethrow percentage works against him, with the iranian bigs out i would have subbed cstan n gone to jmf at the post. Not necessariltly for jmf to score but as a possible decoy cos at the end we were too predictable with the ball screen offense with castro

You see, Fiba World Cup host China is guaranteed a spot regardless its performance in the qualifiers. But if Team Dragon wounds up in the top four of Group E, it will automatically reward the fourth-place teams of both groups a spot in the quadrennial showpiece next year.

China is currently in a third-place tie with Lebanon in Group E on 6-4 cards, behind group leaders New Zealand (9-1) and Korea (8-2). It is set to meet group cellar-dwellers Jordan and Syria on the road in the sixth window.

If the form charts hold and China does end up in the top four in Group E, the top four teams in both groups will be headed to the Fiba World Cup set from August 31 to September 15.

© spin.ph

Nakakalungkot na papasok na lang tayo sa World Cup na umaasa na sa ibang teams. Either matalo ng isa pa ang Japan or maka-top 4 ang China. Parang hindi natin deserve na makapasok sa World Cup kung ganyan lagi magiging performance nila.

• Like (+1) 1

Sa opinion ko lang, walang pupuntahan ang Gilas team hangga't si Coach Yeng ang hahawak. Ang gulo kaya ng rotation ng players ni Coach Yeng and hindi pa sya mahilig tumawag ng timeout kahit malamya at nagkakagulo na mga players niya sa loob ng court. Kung tutuusin na-hype lang si Coach Yeng last Asian Games eh. Nasalba lang sya ng 5th place. Tatlong teams lang nman yung malakas last Asian Games - China, Korea and Iran. Yung Japan and Chinese Taipe puro mga young players naglaro nun. Hindi naman nagparticipate yung ibang malalakas na teams like Jordan and Lebanon.

Sa 1-3 na record ni Coach Yeng sa asian qualifiers ngyon muntik pa nga sila madali ng Qatar eh. Ang sakit kasi tanggapin. Yung setup kasi ngyon halos umaayon at pumapabor na sa Gilas eh. Yung Kazakhstan puro bata pa mga players nila, wala pa yung main scorer nila and Yung Iran naman wala yung 3 key players nila tapos HOME COURT advantage pa natin. Na-fouled out pa dun yung 2 malalaki ng Iran. Pero ano nangyari? Parehong talo. Kaya satingin ko sa systema ni coach yeng problema dyan.

Note: Yung Japan nga ang dali tinalo yung Kazakhs kahit wala yung Hachimura at Watanabe.

• Like (+1) 1

Norwood should have been the one checking the streaky iranian shooter,nothing against troy but he is not quick n wily enuf to stay with an experienced sf at crunchtime

Also tenorio should have been given more pt during the 3rd quarter, he may not have been scoring but he was a disruptive presence forcing an 8 sec violation n a couple of turnovers

Lastly, cstan is a very capable scorer But not in 4th where his lack of a decent outside touch n reliable freethrow percentage works against him, with the iranian bigs out i would have subbed cstan n gone to jmf at the post. Not necessariltly for jmf to score but as a possible decoy cos at the end we were too predictable with the ball screen offense with castro

Good observations. Also, I found it stupid for Rosario to hoist a trey in the dying seconds when a two would suffice. The Castro for Lassiter substitution was a questionable move by Yeng. He could have sent Scottie instead of Lassiter.

One more thing that was glaring was the lack of scouting. I detest Chot as coach but he had good scouting, hence, our silver medal finish in the 2013 FIBA-Asia.

Edited by will robie

The thing is Kazakhstan's remaining games will be with us and Australia. I doubt Kazakhstan will win against us next time, let alone win by 48 points. Japan's remaining games will be with New Zealand and Qatar. If Japan loses against Iran and win against Qatar and if we win both games against Kazakhstan and Qatar, we hold the tie-breaker with Japan for third place and this, in effect, will make Japan fourth. However, if Japan wins both games, Jordan and us will be the fourth placers in our respective divisions and we will still qualify for the best fourth-placer as per the article. We have no control over the other teams so Yeng and the boys should just focus on beating the s@%t out of Kazakhstan now that we already scouted them and pulverize Qatar.

Edited by will robie

The thing is Kazakhstan's remaining games will be with us and Australia. I doubt Kazakhstan will win against us next time, let alone win by 48 points. Japan's remaining games will be with New Zealand and Qatar. If Japan loses against Iran and win against Qatar and if we win both games against Kazakhstan and Qatar, we hold the tie-breaker with Japan for third place and this, in effect, will make Japan fourth. However, if Japan wins both games, Jordan and us will be the fourth placers in our respective divisions and we will still qualify for the best fourth-placer as per the article. We have no control over the other teams so Yeng and the boys should just focus on beating the s@%t out of Kazakhstan now that we already scouted them and pulverize Qatar.

both remaining games are must wins chief. nothing less. we have a lot of time to prepare...pick the right personnel and start training early. no more excuses on lack of chemistry or preparation. by the way, when does the pba start? baka naman sagabal na naman ang schedule ng pba.

both remaining games are must wins chief. nothing less. we have a lot of time to prepare...pick the right personnel and start training early. no more excuses on lack of chemistry or preparation. by the way, when does the pba start? baka naman sagabal na naman ang schedule ng pba.

I think we played well but Yeng had poor scouting. The boys weren't ready for the long-range sniping of the Kazakh bigs. We had a chance to beat Iran but Iran was lucky that that shot went in as time expired to give Iran a one-point lead. Like I said, I questioned Yeng's decision to put Lassiter instead of Scottie for Castro when we had the momentum and an 8-point lead. Not sure about the seed for next conference but Yeng should hold twice a week practices for familiarity. Chief, tell the coach of your alma mater to go back where he belongs. Haha! Edited by will robie

I think we played well but Yeng had poor scouting. The boys weren't ready for the long-range sniping of the Kazakh bigs. We had a chance to beat Iran but Iran was lucky that that shot went in as time expired to give Iran a one-point lead. Like I said, I questioned Yeng's decision to put Lassiter instead of Scottie for Castro when we had the momentum and an 8-point lead. Not sure about the seed for next conference but Yeng should hold twice a week practices for familiarity. Chief, tell the coach of your alma mater to go back where he belongs. Haha!

chief how i'd love to see coach tab handle the likes of junemar, cstand, castro, gabe, scottie, etc...for the sake of philippine basketball. pwede ko kaya syang bulungan sa bonfire? hehehe nakakapanghinayang lang...if only coach tab was tapped before the start of the qualifiers, we should have a well-oiled system by now. if coach tab was able to develop a very raw "angelo kouame" only in his 1st year, i'm quite sure he can handle the men's team very well. sabi nga namin sa katipunan "IN TAB WE TRUST".

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/andray-blatche-team-pilipinas-yeng-guiao-10-day-training-china-fiba-world-cup-qualifier-a793-20190129?ref=taboola_related

ito na nga ba ang sinasabi ko. cramming na naman. pwede naman mag training ng maaga. ang hilig sa last minute. feb. 22 na yung laban sa qatar. ibig sabihin 3 linggo lang ang training ni blatche kasama ang team pilipinas. pati yung commitment nitong si blatche di maintindihan. pupunta pa pala sa china ito at may kontrata pa. haaay palagi na lang ganito.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/andray-blatche-team-pilipinas-yeng-guiao-10-day-training-china-fiba-world-cup-qualifier-a793-20190129?ref=taboola_related

ito na nga ba ang sinasabi ko. cramming na naman. pwede naman mag training ng maaga. ang hilig sa last minute. feb. 22 na yung laban sa qatar. ibig sabihin 3 linggo lang ang training ni blatche kasama ang team pilipinas. pati yung commitment nitong si blatche di maintindihan. pupunta pa pala sa china ito at may kontrata pa. haaay palagi na lang ganito.

2 weeks lng practice ksama si Blatche hehehe

mahirap talaga walang sariling national team... asa asa na lng sa mga mother team na payagan para makapag-practice sabi nga ni Coach Yeng

hope using Blatche may magandang resulta