Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Our GILAS boys did very well. Though we fell short against Argentina, it just showed that we have arrived in international basketball. Even the #3 in the world had to fight tooth and nail against Team Pilipinas. Coach Chot and the rest of the coaching staff are not to be blamed. They have been training for this and they know when to use and not to use the players. Win the last 2 games!! Whatever the results, I am proud of Team Gilas.

Edited by gobster11

Sa tingin nyo ba kung itinuloy ni castro yung tira nya nung last play na yun aabutan sya nung bantay nya? wala na din kasi syang chance na maipasa yun malayo yung mga kakampi nya. Napansin ko lang din yung huling dalawang crucial na game nila against croatia (Bago mag-OT) at argentina parehong hindi si blatche ang humawak ng bola.

Kahit sa PBA pa, si Jason palagi ang finishing kick ni Coach Chot. But this is the big leagues, hirap si Jason sumaksak against the bigs.

the better option would have been Ranidel or Jimmy.

Laban pa rin!

1409646363[/url]' post='9398303']

may katapat na si haddadi :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup ...si junmar!!!!!

I have a feeling blatche will not be allowed to play in the asian games....:(

Last two games....starting tom vs puerto rico....dont care who the next round opponent will be....much better if its the US dream team....or kahit spain....we get to see how our gilas fares against the best of the best!!!!

Thats why we need to win the last two games....!!! GO GILAS!!! PUSO!!!!

And FYI....it was not our naturalized player andray blatche who brought us back from 15pts down....it from our own captain, mighty mouse himself....jimmy alapag!!!!!!:)

may katapat na si haddadi :lol: :lol: :lol:

base sa balitang ito https://ph.sports.yahoo.com/news/blatche-done-gone-164754128--nba.html

may problema nagfile ng inquiry ang Korea for the ASIAN Games regarding sa qualification ni Blatche ... plan ng Korea na inaturalize din ang isang foreign player pero hindi pinayagan dahil need 3year residency..

magkaiba siguro ang requirements para sa FIBA world cup kya nakakapaglaro si Blatche

malaking problema toh...

Senegal is a legit threat, snapping up a win against Croatia, they are a force to reckon with, BUT if we beat PR, and then beat Senegal we'll be ahead on quotient points I think which might get us a trip to the second round. It's doable they just have to keep the fire burning.

PR is a "should" win, they just need to stop Barea, and the PR offense stops, and we have four PGs to spare.

I want to see Gilas in the second round because I really wanna see Chot's game plan for Spain Rubio/Fernandez head to head with Castro/Alapag....f#&k that would be the greatest thing ever.

Yup ...si junmar!!!!!

I have a feeling blatche will not be allowed to play in the asian games....:(

Last two games....starting tom vs puerto rico....dont care who the next round opponent will be....much better if its the US dream team....or kahit spain....we get to see how our gilas fares against the best of the best!!!!

Thats why we need to win the last two games....!!! GO GILAS!!! PUSO!!!!

And FYI....it was not our naturalized player andray blatche who brought us back from 15pts down....it from our own captain, mighty mouse himself....jimmy alapag!!!!!!:)

yeah i don't care less if it's the u.s. or spain if ever the phils. enter the knock-out round...bring them on. the world saw how our gilas team battled world no. 3 argentina toe-to-toe. we could've forced OT with a 2 or win with a 3...but it was not gilas' time yet.

yup...it was the captain mighty mouse who brought us back in the game. unfortunately, much as we want him to stay for a little longer.....time to look for someone to fill-in jimmy's shoes.

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/jimmy-alapag-gilas-pilipinas-argentina-philippines-fiba-world-cup-close-loss-spain-basketball

It was really heartbreaking that we lost in close games. Pero ang ganda nito kasi pinapakita na may puso talaga ang Gilas, and also talagang lalaban kahit anong mangyari. Hoping that we can shock the world even more if we can win against Puerto Rico and Senegal. Onting push pa then we'll get there. At least pinakita na kaya talaga ng pinoy.

1409651767[/url]' post='9398488']

yeah i don't care less if it's the u.s. or spain if ever the phils. enter the knock-out round...bring them on. the world saw how our gilas team battled world no. 3 argentina toe-to-toe. we could've forced OT with a 2 or win with a 3...but it was not gilas' time yet.

yup...it was the captain mighty mouse who brought us back in the game. unfortunately, much as we want him to stay for a little longer.....time to look for someone to fill-in jimmy's shoes.

http://www.spin.ph/b...pain-basketball

Sad to see him go...but jimmy is right ...we need to find someone to replace him...but someone not only with his skills but also his heart...the best definition of a captain...refusing to lose...in his own country( fiba asia 2013) ...and certainly not in the one of the biggest basketball tournaments in the world( fiba world 2014)...salute to the mighty mouse!!!!!

Now who would be his best replacement...certainly not LA...i was hoping Lee..but it seems Lee is not that ready yet...

Mahirap ang magiging trabaho ng mga coaching staff ng gilas nito. After two heartbreaking losses ng gilas kailangan maprepare nila ulit yung mga players mentally. Nakaka-demoralized din kasi yung ganun tipong binibigay mo yung lahat ng best nyo sa laro pero hindi makuha-kuha yung panalo. Isa pa yung slot ni gary David sayang hindi sya nagagamit pwede sana dyan si Dillinger or belga. Gud luck sa gilas natin against Puerto Rico. Sana makuha na natin yung first "W" natin :)

Hindi ibibigay ng Argentina yung game nila against Senegal dahil kapag natalo sila babagsak sila sa 4th place ng group B at makakatapat nila kagad ang Spain sa next round. Sa side naman ng gilas natin wala na tayo pakialam kung tayo man ang makakuha ng 4th place kahit yung host nation pa yang kalaban natin :) ang target lang naman talaga natin ay mapasama sa top 16 wala ng mawawala satin, eh malay nyo magkaroon pa ng himala ^_^ lumalabas kasi lalo yung galing at puso sa paglalaro ng mga players natin kapag alam nila dehado sila at power house yung kalaban. Isa pa malaki din yung points na makukuha natin sa next fiba rankings kapag nakapasok tayo sa top 16 :)