Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

if incheon organizers defy fiba's ruling that andray is indeed qualified having played with gilas in the fiba world, this would set a very bad precedent. not that we cannot compete with the best of asia without blatche but then this decision of the organizers is obviously trampling on a country's right to send a competitive team. if we boycott the games, we may be sending a strong message that we are not in agreement with the decision. either matuwa ang korea kasi mas mapapadali ang pagkuha ng gold...or will there be sanctions imposed should we boycott the games? if andray is indeed ineligible for the asian games, at least let marcus play in the spirit of fair play. baka sabihin ulit ng organizers nai-submit na yung lineup, eh p#@! i#/@! nyong mga koreano kayo :D :D :D

if incheon organizers defy fiba's ruling that andray is indeed qualified having played with gilas in the fiba world, this would set a very bad precedent. not that we cannot compete with the best of asia without blatche but then this decision of the organizers is obviously trampling on a country's right to send a competitive team. if we boycott the games, we may be sending a strong message that we are not in agreement with the decision. either matuwa ang korea kasi mas mapapadali ang pagkuha ng gold...or will there be sanctions imposed should we boycott the games? if andray is indeed ineligible for the asian games, at least let marcus play in the spirit of fair play. baka sabihin ulit ng organizers nai-submit na yung lineup, eh p#@! i#/@! nyong mga koreano kayo :D :D :D

yan din yung inaalala ng isang SBP official hindi kc ksama si Marcus sa roster na pinasa kya possible hindi rin makasali sa mga eligible na pwedeng maglaro sa Asian Games double black eye...

antay na lng cguro tayo ng announcement ni SBP Head Manny Pangilinan kung ano ggwin ng Gilas Pilipinas

Still i dont want the ph teams to boycott the asian games...itll like be admitting that we cant beat them without a naturalized player...i do agree that beating Iran will be difficult but not impossible...but beating korea? Hell if im manny id even pay a big bonus to our players just to see them beat the koreans ass in their homecourt!! Just to f#&k them up!! They got beaten in FIFA world cup, got demolished during the FIBA Worlds...now lets screw them in the Asian games for trying to screw with us!!!

with all due respect sir, Parks is a good player, pero IMHO, he's not yet in the same level

as our current national team players.. he still need to improve pa... siguro sa Cadet pool dapat

kasama na sya... pero kung sa National team na mismo... maybe a few more years pa...

actually chemistry is the answer, and that is why you have pick up games, you train with your teammates

to improve, you learn and so on. He was a prospect of LA lakers before clarkson was drafted ,although he does not want

to be drafted yet he knows what he needs, pero when time comes malamang questionable nanaman yan sa asian games.

• Downvote 1

imagine having at chot's disposal a frontline of andray, junemar, greg, japeth, ping, ranidel and if sanggalang can be added to the mix, we'll have more than a fighting chance against iran and even china. as one master here said, we have the talent, it's just chemistry that we need. and with mvp's continued support, that will not be a big problem.

I dont think china will be a problem in the coming Asian games and maybe the next 5 years...they are in the rebuilding process...their national teams now are tall and lanky...just like senegal but less athletic...the chinese has a new 7'1 lanky kid...however compared to dieng he is a bit of a pushover..i believe .yi jianlian and wang zhizhi would not be playing with their national teams ...heard they are at odds with the new coach..just like manu with the argentinian teams...

So for me its korea, japan and chinese taipei( they beat china in the last FIBA Asia)... And of course those teams from the middle east led by haddadis Iran followed by jordan and Qatar...

1410326936[/url]' post='9410471']

I dont think china will be a problem in the coming Asian games and maybe the next 5 years...they are in the rebuilding process...their national teams now are tall and lanky...just like senegal but less athletic...the chinese has a new 7'1 lanky kid...however compared to dieng he is a bit of a pushover..i believe .yi jianlian and wang zhizhi would not be playing with their national teams ...heard they are at odds with the new coach..just like manu with the argentinian teams...

So for me its korea, japan and chinese taipei( they beat china in the last FIBA Asia)... And of course those teams from the middle east led by haddadis Iran followed by jordan and Qatar...

So you see...korea japan and chinese taipei should be beatable even if we go all filipino, even without douhit...the only problem with those teams are their outside gunners...japhet RDO pingris and fajardo should be able to handle their bigs...however with Iran we really need fajardo to step up and also japhet if we want to beat them...

regarding the "boycott" part... I am actually against that idea.. pag ginawa natin yun

para tayong mga batang nagmukmok or nag-tantrums dahil hindi tayo napagbigyan sa gusto natin...

our SBP admitted that they know the risk, but still they decide to put in Blatche, so we have to

bear the consequences of our decisions... all we can do is to raise our concerns t othe proper forum...

to the arbitrary if needed... but still, come Asian Games let us just follow the Asian Games committee's

final decision... pag pinaglaro eh ok, pag hindi talaga, wag natin ipilit let us play without Blatche...

pag ganyan ginawa natin, naipakita natin na mature na tayo mag-isip dahil marunong tayong sumunod

sa mga namumuno... pero dapat ipagpatuloy pa din yung pag file ng reklamo sa Arbitrary...

ngayon kung sasabihin ng iba na useless kasi tapos na yung Asian Games, hindi po useless yun...

kaya natin itutuloy ang reklamo eh para patunayan na marunong tayong sumunod sa namumuno,

pero ipinaglalaban pa din natin yung alam nating tama... hindi tayo basta sumusuko sa kagustuhan nila...

sa ganitong paraan, hindi man nakapaglaro si Blatche at least hindi magiging precedent yun sa mga

susunod na Asian Games...

pag kasi nag-boycott tayo, hindi naman masosolusyunan nun yung problema... para pa nga tayong nag-set

ng panibagong kaugalian, na pag hindi nasunod ang gusto natin mag boycott na lang...

para na din natin sinabi sa ibang bansa na pag hindi nasunod ang gusto nila eh magboycott na lang...

maganda bang ugali yun?? hindi di ba?

dun naman sa kaya natin ng All Filipino?? oo naman!! mahihirapan pero kaya!!

dun sa interview na nahirapan si Fajardo kay Haddadi... it happened before the world cup....

syempre that time hindi pa masyado exposed si Junemar, pero after world cup... kita naman di ba...

if he was able to hold his own against Dieng of Senegal, kaya nya din si Haddadi...

mas mabagal naman talaga yung Haddadi eh... para sakin Psychological din kasi minsan...

umpisa pa lang kasi iniisip na na hindi kaya, kaya nahirapan... eh ngayon... confident na tayo...

kaya mas kaya yan...

I better go for All Filipino..mas masarap namnamin ang panalo less naturalized player...dagdagan lang ng malalaki yung line up...I think Greg Slughter already said he is now willing to join Gilas...bawasan lng natin yung malilit na play maker add more height and Athletic player yung kayang makipagsabayan sa loob...

Edited by jasper.custodio

As per Gilas Team Manager Aboy Castro:

Olympic Council of Asia has approved that Gilas can replace Andray Blatche with Marcus Douthit (re: passed the eligibility rules)

Jimmy Alapag will replace the injured Jayson Castro for Gilas' line-up for the up coming Asian Games in Incheon, Korea that begins on Sept 19.

ok na yan! let's go Gilas!

tutal hindi pinaglalaro sa FIBA si David tama nga nman na palitan na lng sya....

hope maganda yung group ng Gilas sa Asian Games

david has not been playing...yes tama siguro na palitan siya. sayang yung slot niya and if either belga or jwash could take his place, that would make the line-up stronger. iran beat the philippines in the fiba asia without douthit and junemar being a neophyte. now with douthit in place of andray and junemar with his experience in the fiba world, i like our chances of hitting gold. LABAN PILIPINAS!!!

david has not been playing...yes tama siguro na palitan siya. sayang yung slot niya and if either belga or jwash could take his place, that would make the line-up stronger. iran beat the philippines in the fiba asia without douthit and junemar being a neophyte. now with douthit in place of andray and junemar with his experience in the fiba world, i like our chances of hitting gold. LABAN PILIPINAS!!!

congrATS GILAS