Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Aside from Casio, Chot should look at Barroca. The guy has been under the tutelage of great coaches like Toroman and Cone. He, LA and Castro/Casio can be the PG rotation in the next couple of FIBAs.

oh yes...how can i forget barroca. the pg who was responsible for manning the backcourt and for san mig's grandslam. heady player...tough...and can shoot the 3s.

Yun nga eh...free flowing motion pero limited ang mga players na ginamit at pinalalaro ni coach? anong mangyayari? Mapapagod talaga yun mga players...again walang problema sa mga players...its the inability of the coach to adjust ang problema ng gilas...

And nde ako naniniwala sa comment ng mga tao na pagod na mga players natin dahil sa fiba world...japhet junemar david and chan contolado ang minutes...ang babad lang sina LA alapag norwood blatche pingris RDO and castro...ngayon wala si blatche at castro pinalitan nina dillinger and douhit ...more than enough parin ang players na nde pagod..kaso anong pinilit ni coach? babad parin sina alapag tenorio norwood pingris and RDO...and what will you expect pag pagod? turnovers and missed shots...again inabilty of the coach to use proper player rotation...

Palagay ko, we need the following in the future.

Train Kobe Paras, make him tougher. He is a 6'5" player with tremendous athletic ability...so far showing limited toughness.

Convince Rayray Park to play for the Philippines. Rayray is 6`4" with superb range + he is a lefty, difficult to stop.

Continue Improving Jolo Mendoza, the under 17 Batang Gilas - he is the youngest but is the team's top scorer. Most say he is better than Keifer Ravena. Hopefully ou Future PG.

Look for Filipino/HalfFilipino seven footers and develop them.

i think yung Clarkson ng Lakers is a Fil-Am they can invite the guy....kung papayag nga lng!

cguro a training pool for future Gilas Team players din ay kailangan...

hanap tyo ng ibang players maliban s PBA.

couldn't agree with you more.. much as we tip our cap to gilas for their effort and all, big hearts still did not result in the W, which is what we all aim for.

yes lets first take that dominance away from IRAN then try step by step the WORLDs. Also if GILAS will have a new coach I hope he will only focus on GILAS and won't have any other team that he is coaching in the PBA. A full time coach just like Chot.

Gilas team is not a perfect team. Chot Reyes is not a perfect coach. But these bunch of imperfect coach and players made it to the world stage. Replacing anyone in the Gilas system will not help but will create another confusion.

Ano magsisimula na naman tayo? Tim Cone? He had his chance with the 1998 Centennial Team. Triangle Offense? How long will it take for the players to learn this? Will their mother club have the patience to let their multi-millionaire players stay and dedicate most of their time with Gilas?

Yes Gilas lost dramatically in the Asian Games. But maybe they're just a tired team afterall. I am disappointed just like every other Filipino. But I am not in favor of replacing anyone in that team.

Opinion lang.

Replace the coach ...as ive said before...alang problema sa program...you can still continue the proram e..pero sakin mas may program yun kay toroman..mas matagal nagsama sama yun mga players...but kay chot..its his inability to adjust to situation ..yun ang problema...no matter how good yun mga players...and we have good players...kaso kahit tambakan pa natin ang mga kalaban pero paghinahabol na ang lamang at walang adjustments matatalo talaga tayo...maganda yun progrma ni toroman pero pinalitan din sya di ba? If you read between the lines sa interview with yeng....chot is the "tamang" coach because wala cyang PBA team...kasi yun ang no 1 prerequisite(for me ha)....dapat nakatuon lang sa Gilas ang time...thats why ayaw nina tim and yeng din...ngayon i think mas maganda to replace the coach kaso i dont know any "magaling" na coach na wlang team sa PBA...

Replace the coach ...as ive said before...alang problema sa program...you can still continue the proram e..pero sakin mas may program yun kay toroman..mas matagal nagsama sama yun mga players...but kay chot..its his inability to adjust to situation ..yun ang problema...no matter how good yun mga players...and we have good players...kaso kahit tambakan pa natin ang mga kalaban pero paghinahabol na ang lamang at walang adjustments matatalo talaga tayo...maganda yun progrma ni toroman pero pinalitan din sya di ba? If you read between the lines sa interview with yeng....chot is the "tamang" coach because wala cyang PBA team...kasi yun ang no 1 prerequisite(for me ha)....dapat nakatuon lang sa Gilas ang time...thats why ayaw nina tim and yeng din...ngayon i think mas maganda to replace the coach kaso i dont know any "magaling" na coach na wlang team sa PBA...

Jaworski? ewan ko lang kung gaano pa ka-updated si Jawo sa Asian basketball. Chot didn't have plays for his big men, sana man lang pinagsabay nya yung twin towers or triple towers, para lang magulat yung kalaban sa biglang laki ng Gilas kahit sa 4th quarter man lang. Pang-gulat ba. hindi yung puro na lang guards ang asa loob.

Coach Norman Black pwede din pamalit... at medyo dikit kay MVP so mas possible replacement!

malaking bagay kc kung marunong magbasa ng ongame tactics against opponents yung Coach na hindi magaantay ng sandamakmak ng TO ng isang players bago mo palitan...

pero may mganda rin nman napakita ni Chot yun nga lng tlaga ang buong Pilipinas ay nakatuon sa knyang performance!

Yes i do agree na maraming magandang bagay na naipakita ni coach chot...especially yun naibalik nya tayo sa world stage...(altho maraming factors that comes into play kung bakit nasama tayo)... Kaso nun nasa fiba world na tayo..nakita natin yun problema eh...but we attributed that to inexperience kuno...nandun na mga signs...oks lang if two games...kaso halos ilan games yun ganun...then malaking coaching mistakes dun sa game with barrea...pampalubag loob na yun nanalo tayo sa senegal...

Tapos sa Asian games...muntik na tayo sa india...nangyari ulit with iran buti nlang no bearing....kaso did he learned his lesson? Then came yun game with Qatar...small ball parin?? 50-50 ako sa game with korea...since we showed na kaya natin to play without douhit or blatche...but 16 point lead cut down without calling timeout? And of course as you might expect...14 point lead against kazakhs with us needing to win by 11? alam nyo naman kung anong nangyari di ba?

Buti nga dito sa MTC professional tayo or rather educated tayo magcomment sa gilas....if you read yun ibang social media...nde mo alam kung maawa ka or matutuwa ka sa pinagsasabi nila kay coach chot reyes....

Gilas team is not a perfect team. Chot Reyes is not a perfect coach. But these bunch of imperfect coach and players made it to the world stage. Replacing anyone in the Gilas system will not help but will create another confusion.

Ano magsisimula na naman tayo? Tim Cone? He had his chance with the 1998 Centennial Team. Triangle Offense? How long will it take for the players to learn this? Will their mother club have the patience to let their multi-millionaire players stay and dedicate most of their time with Gilas?

Yes Gilas lost dramatically in the Asian Games. But maybe they're just a tired team afterall. I am disappointed just like every other Filipino. But I am not in favor of replacing anyone in that team.

Opinion lang.

chot reyes is not an imperfect coach. he is a stupid coach. he has great materials (players) and a good program at his disposal but he can't pull it off. end game is execution if there is something to execute but chot reyes doesn't have anything. he just relies on his good players and 'puso'.

back then tim cone never had the same support as chot reyes has now. and he is merely doing it on the side then. he is a good candidate. and replacing chot doesn't mean starting all over again. these are the same players playing the same game in the pba. everybody is familiar with everyone and their system of play. somebody just has to put some order into it.

Jaworski? ewan ko lang kung gaano pa ka-updated si Jawo sa Asian basketball. Chot didn't have plays for his big men, sana man lang pinagsabay nya yung twin towers or triple towers, para lang magulat yung kalaban sa biglang laki ng Gilas kahit sa 4th quarter man lang. Pang-gulat ba. hindi yung puro na lang guards ang asa loob.

jaworski? maybe. he is a situational coach so i think he can adapt to any brand of play. he is so good at training big men and devising plays when needed. what he lacks is basketball science but i think the battery of assistant coaches can provide for that. he, too, is a good candidate.

Yes i do agree na maraming magandang bagay na naipakita ni coach chot...especially yun naibalik nya tayo sa world stage...(altho maraming factors that comes into play kung bakit nasama tayo)... Kaso nun nasa fiba world na tayo..nakita natin yun problema eh...but we attributed that to inexperience kuno...nandun na mga signs...oks lang if two games...kaso halos ilan games yun ganun...then malaking coaching mistakes dun sa game with barrea...pampalubag loob na yun nanalo tayo sa senegal...

Tapos sa Asian games...muntik na tayo sa india...nangyari ulit with iran buti nlang no bearing....kaso did he learned his lesson? Then came yun game with Qatar...small ball parin?? 50-50 ako sa game with korea...since we showed na kaya natin to play without douhit or blatche...but 16 point lead cut down without calling timeout? And of course as you might expect...14 point lead against kazakhs with us needing to win by 11? alam nyo naman kung anong nangyari di ba?

Buti nga dito sa MTC professional tayo or rather educated tayo magcomment sa gilas....if you read yun ibang social media...nde mo alam kung maawa ka or matutuwa ka sa pinagsasabi nila kay coach chot reyes....

of course we all know that the 'inexperience' excuse is a lot of bull. thats exactly what the program is all about. aside from jelling together, its exposing them to international brand of basketball. thats where the bulk of their budget wen to. travelling around and playing with foreign teams to familiarize with international basketball.

if theres one thing that we have proven in this entire experience is that our player are very capable of beating world class teams if we put our hearts into it. we just a better coach and guidance. we all saw that our players almost defeated most of the teams but the coach lost it for us.

Yay for the win. I'll take this 7th place. Great game from my crush RDO :)

Was it TV covered? Any replay tonight?...was following it at the net, and was amazed at how's RDO's points kept on accumulating. Jimmy and Ping had 0 minutes, while Marcus was sparingly used. Only Paul Lee wasn't able to score, bakit kaya?

chot reyes is not an imperfect coach. he is a stupid coach. he has great materials (players) and a good program at his disposal but he can't pull it off. end game is execution if there is something to execute but chot reyes doesn't have anything. he just relies on his good players and 'puso'.

back then tim cone never had the same support as chot reyes has now. and he is merely doing it on the side then. he is a good candidate. and replacing chot doesn't mean starting all over again. these are the same players playing the same game in the pba. everybody is familiar with everyone and their system of play. somebody just has to put some order into it.

the way i see it, chot is more of a motivator. he relied on "puso" and it took us to the world stage. in the fiba world, battling it out with the likes of croatia, argentina, puerto rico and greece, you don't just rely on "puso". yes, i agree...we need execution. and this is where a tim cone comes into place - the master tactician. we all saw what happened...endgame collapse, mental mistakes, TOs. of course our gilas team has learned from this journey. i just hope that when we compete for a place in the 2016 olympics, we can have a master tactician sitting on the gilas bench. pwede naman pagsamahin ang puso at utak :)

The "puso" battle cry caused us a lot of heartbreak in the FIBA Worlds and Asian Games. We really need "utak". "Puso" wins admiration and fans while "utak" wins games and the gold. At first, I called for Chot's head, just like most fans, since I was one of the millions of frustrated Gilas fans but I realized the continuity of the program will get disrupted. In my opinion, Chot is still the best man for the job. He just needs to inculcate mental toughness in end game and pressure situations. He also needs to learn situational adjustments in close games.

+1 on this...it is the ability to execute and the coach's decision making in crucial moments of the ballgame is what is lacking...not to mention the mental toughness during crunch time. it is not how strong we start...it is how strong we finish. unfortunately laging kapos ang gilas.