Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Pinalaro ng SMC dahil sa takot sila ma boycott o bumaba sales nila bawat game.

Yup....

Daming backlash na talaga from social media...even sa inquirer...may takot din pala ang SMC eh...

Oh hontiveros...by a wide margin...in the end only one gunner will make the cut...either si dondon or david....but i choose dondon...may quick release din cya para sa international games...

the bidding war against china for the hosting of the 2019 fiba world...it was a david and goliath battle. it was a long shot for the philippines. but at least the pldt and meralco big boss gave it a gallant try. just to show you how mvp loves the sport. where was smc? where was cojuangco? where was ang? apparently, almost everybody here knows the answer :angry:

loves for the sport! its ur opinion and ur entitled for it..

but looks like u forgot that one SMC team once represent as national team.... its unfair to say that SMC never made contribution to the national basketball.

FIBA is not only sports its a business. why we loss the bid well its crystal clear.. we dnt have facilities which China can provide.

if MVP got the 2019 FIBA how many millions will go to the MVP Group of companies? TV5 will have full rights for the live broadcast and replays...

Akala ko nga pros ang naglalaro dito sa "pro" league naten. Sobrang unprofessional nyan, not to mention yung pag dishonor ng mga SMC players sa national cause.

Ping is just making a fool of himself, but thank you dahil sa kanya mas nae expose yung motives ng SMC.

Basa ko sa situation na yan, "Oh Ping sige na bumalik ka na sa Gilas, nagiging basura na yung image mo/natin, nayari tayo ng mga tao, hihina benta natin nyan".

Yung mga nagsasabing dapat independent ang maghawak ng National Team. Let me refresh your memories, there was a time BAP ang NSA ng basketball, BAP's independent unlike todays SBP headed by MVP.

Although independent kuno, humihingi lang ng "tulong" madalas sa PBA ang BAP for national competitions.

Yung national team natalo sa Boy Bawang team, we got suspended by FIBA.

Give credit where credit is due, MVP organized our national basketball program, corporate-style.

We got to FIBA worlds, now if he gets to put a brand on our national team, is that an injustice? Win-win situation in my book, fair play.

I didn't see SMC rushing to save our basketball program back when we were suspended by FIBA and when we were beat by Boy Bawang type teams.

Give credit to where credit is due.

This was the time when "another cojuangco" is handling the BAP named Peping. And it was dissolved and sanctioned by FIBA due to corruption and dirty politics. Yung suggestion ko na gawing independent now ang Gilas HINDI ang SBP is a much better solution basta ang hahawak ay hindi affiliated sa isang PBA team at mahusay sa pamumuno.

AGAIN, it is not MVP and SBP's fault as i said, no one here is discrediting them. But unless he wont give up on "tight grasping" Gilas, dont expect other PBA teams to follow. Hindi lang SMC ang tumanggi dito, yung ROS din remember?

Let's just hope coach Tab could whip up a competitive and cohesive team, with what he has in the pool. Anyway, we could never really gather the 'best talent', but we could hope for a 'best prepared team' . The operative word is 'prepared' - so cohesion will be the key. Talent and heart naman are given na with our Pinoy basketeers. Nonetheless, we look forward to the following:

1. Andray Blatche's encore performance

2. The much ballyhooed coaching skills and winning tradition of Tab Baldwin

3. Troy Rosario- a combined pedigree of Pingris and Japhet

4. The youthful energy of MGR (Rosser)

5. The magic and dedication of Asi

6. The beast, Calvin Abueva, uncaged - international edition

7. The 'real' Alapag swan song

Speaking of which; aside from Alapag, wala pala tayong pass first PG sa Gilas ngayon tama ba? Castro and Romeo are ball dominators.

bakit kaya hindi napili ni Tab si JV Casio? Willing naman ang Alaska na magpahiram di ba? o hindi sya kasama sa gustong ipahiram?

...and/or Mark Barroca

This was the time when "another cojuangco" is handling the BAP named Peping. And it was dissolved and sanctioned by FIBA due to corruption and dirty politics. Yung suggestion ko na gawing independent now ang Gilas HINDI ang SBP is a much better solution basta ang hahawak ay hindi affiliated sa isang PBA team at mahusay sa pamumuno.

AGAIN, it is not MVP and SBP's fault as i said, no one here is discrediting them. But unless he wont give up on "tight grasping" Gilas, dont expect other PBA teams to follow. Hindi lang SMC ang tumanggi dito, yung ROS din remember?

I'm for it too, having an independent National team should be the ideal scenario, but we all know ang powers at be and yung best talents nasa PBA so we just have to accept at the moment yung set up ng SBP.

Not only ROS did it, Alaska did it too with Abueva and Thoss dun sa last Gilas. Yung pagdadamot ng players hands down should not be tolerated.

Yung pinagdamot ng ROS and Alaska (which I think are talented) are replaceable. PBA is loaded with guards and wing players and those positiions can be filled in easily.

But the problem with SMC is through their shady deals and what not, they gets the bigs (Centers and PFs) that we really need for international competition.

And SMC happen to have Fajardo, Slaughter and Japeth, (forget Ping). Yung mga bigs ang magpapataas ng chance naten to make it deep sa international competition.

But it is what it is, we'll just have to wait and see how Tab plays the hand he's dealt with. Good thing may mga new breed dun to watch out for in Abueva, Romeo and Rosario.

Ironically yung mga teamowners walang puso sa national cause kaya wala tayong aasahan kundi yung mga PUSO ng mga manlalaro na mapipili ni coach Tab.

I like the things that the penetration of Terrence Romeo can create: inside pass to the big men (Asi, Thoss, and/or Andray) or kick out to shooters (Rosario, David, Ranidel, and/or Andray). When he perfects that penetrate/draw/pass motion offense by heart, magandang weapon ito sa FIBA Asia at World (kung papalarin). Lalu tuloy magnified ang panghihinayang natin kay JunMar dahil shoot na shoot siya dito sa inside blind pass lane

I like the things that the penetration of Terrence Romeo can create: inside pass to the big men (Asi, Thoss, and/or Andray) or kick out to shooters (Rosario, David, Ranidel, and/or Andray). When he perfects that penetrate/draw/pass motion offense by heart, magandang weapon ito sa FIBA Asia at World (kung papalarin). Lalu tuloy magnified ang panghihinayang natin kay JunMar dahil shoot na shoot siya dito sa inside blind pass lane

Agree na agree....junmar and japhet would thrive dito...especially with romeo and castro na magaling magpenetrate...

I think taulava should give his position in case junmar can play, no offense to him but he seems under height for as a center / pf other than that he can set a good pick, let the 2 big men play together this time. Im not quite sure about tautua though ( watching the game live)

Now will Jimmy give his slot incase Ping and others are called to play?