Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

where to after the asian games? i believe that is the question that must be answered if phl is to beat teams like china, south korea and iran to qualify for the 2012 london olympics.

don't forget suki na din natin ang Lebanon who did not join the tournament. plus the fact that we have to find ways on how to consistently bag winnable games against teams likes of Japan and the rest of the field.

• Like (+1) 4
Guest eljuego

Yes bilog ang bola, but I like the odds in Gilas favor. If you think we can win against Iran the more you should be confident now don't you think?

Can you show me the post wherein I said we can win against Iran? unsure.gif

• Downvote 1

guess qatar had the last say over us... 81-71 that means we're only number 6th in basketball hierachy in asia... we should be beating at least japan lebanon and the qataris, oh well at least for consolation iran is drubbing japan 72-63 but still this is the lowest ranking we had at the asian games since pros were allowed to play for our team...

I think its just start to stop dreaming now. Our players have different attitudes vis-a-vis other countries and we have fallen behind the technicalities of the game. Time to shift to others sports that Pinoys can excel.

if we will stop dreaming, we will achieve nothing. Failures always comes first before we can have success and supremacy. It's applicable to any other sports where we reign supreme or be in the slumps.

The Asian Games failures has shown SG where to adjust it's game or it's roster (from what I observed SG lives and dies with Casio and Lassitter well mainly Lassitter, SG also lacks depth and offenssive options mainly open court players and slashers whereas the real character of PHL ball game). We shouldn't quit this team as it's core are still in it's early 20's as compared to their grizzled veteran rivals who are at their prime (late 20's to early 30's). Time evolves and refines everything.

How much time would you think that Lebanon, Iran, Qatar and Japan whose teams where used to be our whipping boys took in order to evolve their loser teams to become contender teams? Did it took them only seconds to perfect their game or maybe they are instant ball players?

Let's not quit on SG, AS QUITTERS NEVER WIN...

Guest eljuego

I won't hope for a 5th place, I am certain they will against QATAR. blush.gif

This guy said that he was certain that SG will win against Qatar. I guess he's now eating his own words. laugh.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

maybe MVP should spend on athletes where they have greater chance of bagging a medal in international competition.

this so called professional basketball players are all just hype as evidenced by their poor showing in the recent games. 6th place and you call them professional players? and they can't even beat amateur players? and we are even beefed up by naturalized players.

if we will stop dreaming, we will achieve nothing. Failures always comes first before we can have success and supremacy. It's applicable to any other sports where we reign supreme or be in the slumps.

The Asian Games failures has shown SG where to adjust it's game or it's roster (from what I observed SG lives and dies with Casio and Lassitter well mainly Lassitter, SG also lacks depth and offenssive options mainly open court players and slashers whereas the real character of PHL ball game). We shouldn't quit this team as it's core are still in it's early 20's as compared to their grizzled veteran rivals who are at their prime (late 20's to early 30's). Time evolves and refines everything.

How much time would you think that Lebanon, Iran, Qatar and Japan whose teams where used to be our whipping boys took in order to evolve their loser teams to become contender teams? Did it took them only seconds to perfect their game or maybe they are instant ball players?

Let's not quit on SG, AS QUITTERS NEVER WIN...

It has always be a dream and it will remain a dream turning into a nightmare. Tama ka, quitters never win but iba na ngayon. panahon pa ni TAGUMPAY sweepstakes yung quote na yan. Be realistic and wake up, yan ang tamang quote ngayon. Paurong ang development ng ating mga players vis-a-vis the advance minds of their coaches.

maybe MVP should spend on athletes where they have greater chance of bagging a medal in international competition.

this so called professional basketball players are all just hype as evidenced by their poor showing in the recent games. 6th place and you call them professional players? and they can't even beat amateur players? and we are even beefed up by naturalized players.

Smart Gilas Asian games line up don't have any naturalized player (up to now the Douthit's Naturalization papers are still waiting at PNoy's desk), only have 3 pro players (Taulava, Williams, and Mercado) and the rest of the team are amateur players.

Where did you get your infos? From Pluto I think...

It has always be a dream and it will remain a dream turning into a nightmare. Tama ka, quitters never win but iba na ngayon. panahon pa ni TAGUMPAY sweepstakes yung quote na yan. Be realistic and wake up, yan ang tamang quote ngayon. Paurong ang development ng ating mga players vis-a-vis the advance minds of their coaches.

It was a reality once, we did dominate Asia, remember the Caloy Loyzaga Era and the Northern Consolidated Team. That quote is still applicaple today and I'm living it.

Kaya naka-habol yung ibang Asian teams sa atin is because the basketball program before was greatly mishandled by the BAP and politics within the sport itself (BAP vs SBP and SBP vs PBA). SG was formed because of the non-committment of the Phl's top players to the national team as evident on their level of intensty in playing for their PBA teams (high intensity) compared to the national team (low intensity) and reluctance to carry the flag (e.g. Marlou Aquino and James Yap). The last true PBA pro NT is the Centennial Team where they really play it all out (except for Marlou). Due to these issues and over confidence, Phil basketball development stagnated as compared to others accelerated development.

Now SBP chose the long and hard route to form and develop an amateur team exclusively for the NT which is SG, unfortunately ravaged by politics also (Junmar Fajardo issue, Douthit Naturalization issue).

Mahirap ang dadaanan ng SG pero maganda ung programa, malaki rin ang posibilidad na matatalo din sila sa FIBA Asia. Wala akong nakikitang dahilan para bumitiw sa paniniwala, natural lang na mabigo muna sila. Parang sa pagluluto ng bulalo hirap muna bago sarap...

Smart Gilas Asian games line up don't have any naturalized player (up to now the Douthit's Naturalization papers are still waiting at PNoy's desk), only have 3 pro players (Taulava, Williams, and Mercado) and the rest of the team are amateur players.

Where did you get your infos? From Pluto I think...

Taulava and Williams are not naturalized players? Taulava isn't even a natural born Filipino. same with Williams. he's a Fil-Am? that's what i meant. the locals are beefed up with pros, Fil-ams, whatever and they still can't deliver. bottomline. SG sucks.

how about you. you from Mars?

Taulava and Williams are not naturalized players? Taulava isn't even a natural born Filipino. same with Williams. he's a Fil-Am? that's what i meant. the locals are beefed up with pros, Fil-ams, whatever and they still can't deliver. bottomline. SG sucks.

how about you. you from Mars?

From the books and general information here on Earth.

Naturalization is a legal proceeding whereas a foreign individual with no local decent nor lineage to the country of concern willfully adopts and binds himself / herself to the culture and bylaws of the country he/she choses to be a citizen. Taulava, Williams and Mercado all have Filipino decents and lineage, with that they are not required to undergo the Naturalization proceedings to obtain Filipino Citizenships and Documentations. They only certified their lineages to the BID and DOJ as a requirement to obtain Filipino documentations and to play in the PBA. Technically and legally they are foreign born Filipinos as so with Lutz and Lassitter.

SG is an amateur team beefed up by pros and they are a developmental team who are expected to suck first before becoming a contender.

Try to read 1st and be informed with the facts and technicalites before reacting or complaining Plutonian.

Naturalization is a legal proceeding whereas a foreign individual with no local decent nor lineage to the country of concern willfully adopts and binds himself / herself to the culture and bylaws of the country he/she choses to be a citizen.

Alex Compton never got this process, though he is dying to be naturalize Filipino, then one day he gave up those dreams I think and retired.

sayang ang payer na to hindi napakinabangan ng PBA hindi rin makapaglaro sa National team

Edited by RER

Alex Compton never got this process, though he is dying to be naturalize Filipino, then one day he gave up those dreams I think and retired.

sayang ang payer na to hindi napakinabangan ng PBA hindi rin makapaglaro sa National team

Educate me.......bakit hindi na naturalize si Alex? Anong dahilan? Buti pa si Cabagnot, naging Pinoy!

Naturalization is a legal proceeding whereas a foreign individual with no local decent nor lineage to the country of concern willfully adopts and binds himself / herself to the culture and bylaws of the country he/she choses to be a citizen. Taulava, Williams and Mercado all have Filipino decents and lineage, with that they are not required to undergo the Naturalization proceedings to obtain Filipino Citizenships and Documentations. They only certified their lineages to the BID and DOJ as a requirement to obtain Filipino documentations and to play in the PBA. Technically and legally they are foreign born Filipinos as so with Lutz and Lassitter.

SG is an amateur team beefed up by pros and they are a developmental team who are expected to suck first before becoming a contender.

Try to read 1st and be informed with the facts and technicalites before reacting or complaining Plutonian.

whatever, naturalized, pros, Fil-ams, SG sucks whatever reinforcements they've got. and they are expected to suck first before becoming a contender? wow. tell that to basketball aficionados, to the organizers.

mark your words. 3-5 years down the road. let's see if they are already a contender or nothing has changed.