Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

no need to form another team just add marcus to any pba team.... sayang lang panahon and pera....look imagine if you just added marcus to tnt.... tutal alapag, ocampo, kelly is already in the roster.... tanong k loang who would you prefer... a jv casio or a jason castro? a Chris tiu or a ryan reyes? a barracael or a jarred dillinger.... let face it kung wala c kuya marcus malamang kulelat tayo.... the guy is the only consistent player in the team almost averaging double double for us.... and since MVP is bankrolling everything might as well add the meralco bolt players to the fray as a matter of fact asi is also a player for meralco bolt....

no need to form another team just add marcus to any pba team.... sayang lang panahon and pera....look imagine if you just added marcus to tnt.... tutal alapag, ocampo, kelly is already in the roster.... tanong k loang who would you prefer... a jv casio or a jason castro? a Chris tiu or a ryan reyes? a barracael or a jarred dillinger.... let face it kung wala c kuya marcus malamang kulelat tayo.... the guy is the only consistent player in the team almost averaging double double for us.... and since MVP is bankrolling everything might as well add the meralco bolt players to the fray as a matter of fact asi is also a player for meralco bolt....

Good point here bro catsumhoto. We have already done this before, sending a PBA team to represent our country. The difference will be to add Marcus Douthit to this team and possibly a few outstanding amateur players like Slaughter and Parks.

Pwede rin mag combine ang mga key players ng TNT and Meralco para mas malakas. This is doable and MVP actually has this as an option.

Good point here bro catsumhoto. We have already done this before, sending a PBA team to represent our country. The difference will be to add Marcus Douthit to this team and possibly a few outstanding amateur players like Slaughter and Parks.

Pwede rin mag combine ang mga key players ng TNT and Meralco para mas malakas. This is doable and MVP actually has this as an option.

and if tnt was the national team they could be defeated by the undermanned petron blazers anytime. :lol: just kidding my friend.

ok din ang suggestion mo boss pero may ilang katanungan lang po ako.

di kaya mas mahirap pag tnt plus marcus plus some meralco players would be the national team kasi yung adjustment from officiating from pba rules to fiba rules?

does that mean di na sila maglalaro sa pba at magko concentrate na lang sila sa international competition?

Yes, that would be a good idea if the present system fails

I agree but i think this is easier said than done because of the allure of the PBA. Though, i believe that if bigtime sponsors like MVP will continue to bankroll the expenses of gilas like salaries, training and exposure in international competitions, meron pa naman sigurong mga players dedicated to play for flag and country.

Would you think that these so called "best" would agree playing for te national team for two or three years given a measly compensation compared to what tehy are earning. eh un ngang maximum salary na tinatanggap nila nagrereklamo pa sila eh. what more kung sa national team pa. ilang beses nang nagpadala ng team na all-pba sa fiba and the highest they have reached is 8th or 7th.. bakit eh kasi takot silang mabangga ng mga qataris, jordanians, iranians, koreans at chinese.. sa asian games lang sila magaling (where the all pba team would always reach the top 4) kasi team B lang pinapapadala ng mga asian teams dun.. wag na kasi kaung magillusion sa mga idol niyong pba players.. dahil ang pba ang may kasalana kung bakit bumagsak ang phil basketball. bakit nga pla ang china may cba pero still one of the best in asia. Kasi sa China, iba ang pride kapag naglaro sa national team and ung mga professional leagues dun hindi sila makakahinding paglaruin ang mga big gunners nila baka maostracize sila ng Chinese government. Dito ang gobyerno (represented by SBP) ang mkikiusap sa mga negosyante, schools at players.

sargo pa lang, natumbok mo, pre!! ooooops! usapan basketbol pala dito, hinde bilyar. pero natumbok mo pa rin, pre!

^_^

Would you think that these so called "best" would agree playing for te national team for two or three years given a measly compensation compared to what tehy are earning. eh un ngang maximum salary na tinatanggap nila nagrereklamo pa sila eh. what more kung sa national team pa. ilang beses nang nagpadala ng team na all-pba sa fiba and the highest they have reached is 8th or 7th.. bakit eh kasi takot silang mabangga ng mga qataris, jordanians, iranians, koreans at chinese.. sa asian games lang sila magaling (where the all pba team would always reach the top 4) kasi team B lang pinapapadala ng mga asian teams dun.. wag na kasi kaung magillusion sa mga idol niyong pba players.. dahil ang pba ang may kasalana kung bakit bumagsak ang phil basketball. bakit nga pla ang china may cba pero still one of the best in asia. Kasi sa China, iba ang pride kapag naglaro sa national team and ung mga professional leagues dun hindi sila makakahinding paglaruin ang mga big gunners nila baka maostracize sila ng Chinese government. Dito ang gobyerno (represented by SBP) ang mkikiusap sa mga negosyante, schools at players.

sige lang! ipilit ang ipilit! bigay hilig sa bisyo!

:rolleyes:

and if tnt was the national team they could be defeated by the undermanned petron blazers anytime. :lol: just kidding my friend.

ok din ang suggestion mo boss pero may ilang katanungan lang po ako.

di kaya mas mahirap pag tnt plus marcus plus some meralco players would be the national team kasi yung adjustment from officiating from pba rules to fiba rules?

does that mean di na sila maglalaro sa pba at magko concentrate na lang sila sa international competition?

i agree. we should create a new smart gilas hindi ung mixed pba team na naman na ala namang commitment sa national team. we are almost there to regain our old glory. masyado kasing mainipin mga tao dito and iniisip na once na nagcreate ng prgram eh maggold kagad. jordan had been a team for almost a decade and ung climb nila toward where they are ay paunti-unti. our problem. continuity. dahilan. kasi may pba. siguro pinakamaganda nga jan is we form our team a and team b para ng sa ganun once na nagdecide na ung mga nasa team a natin there is our team b na pwedeng humalili sa kanila. ganyan ang program ng halos laat ng team sa asia, eruope, americas etc.. except sa pinas na ang programa eh manghingi ng players sa "cream of the crop" pba players kuno. but with the formation of gilas mejo nakasilip tau ng liwanag.. pero ngaun dumilim ulit. hope na ung next program would be on a continued basis.

i think we need to create a new team and wag umasa sa pba. northern consolidated and danding cojuanco did it with ron jacobs in tow. so why can't we do it now? they're a bunch of amateurs straight from college CAREFULLY SELECTED, TRAINED and COACHED WELL. i don't mind having a foreign coach if he has a very sound basketball philosophy to bring to the team like ron jacobs. toroman's only significant contribution is his selection of douthit but i had to admit its a very significant contribution. . and to think the ncc team didn't take long to jell as a team. 2 or 3 years lang (i think). pba players are not reliable because of their team's priorities. even if the players want to kung ayaw ng team nila they can't do anything. and besides it won't work kung they will be just on loan. its practically practicing with the national team on their free time (parang hobby lang).

i think nagpasaring pa si mico halili kay olsen nung kinucover nila ang battle for 3rd. parang nag-segway ng sagot si olsen. May two years pa,sana retain din si Toroman at build around douthit ang strategy. bigger point guards din

I agree with retaining Toroman. I've watched Gilas play against the then Powerade team and other PBA teams (Welcoat ata yon) and they play a different or alien brand of basketball that features a lot of passing and less individual skills as compared to that of PBA's copycat of the NBA brand of game. Yet it does work with the 4th place finish, ang problem pa din kasi nya is player continuity since Slaughter and Aldrech Ramos (the young bigs) are currently playing at UAAP. The PBA additions (except Asi) arrived very late na and the likes of Cris Tiu, Jayvee Casio, Marc Barroca, Mac Baracael and Japeth Aguilar lang ata ang consistent na nakakapaglaro sa team. I think retaining Chot or Tim Cone or Jawo won't do the trick for Gilas to dominate Asia and return to the olympics since iba ang situation noon sa ngayon with the improvement of our Asian neighbors habang nag-stagnate naman ang brand of play natin. My two cents worth cool.gif

Edited by Droidz1979

korea na naman.i remember last time ganyan din nangyari.nag miss ng free throw si racela tapos naka three yung korean ayun!talo tayo.ganun na naman nangyari.mga missed free throw sa crucial seconds ng game..haaay

Correct me, si Racela ata yung isa sa mga commentators during the Korea-Philippines game.

Yap, he was the other commentator. Deja vu nga eh rolleyes.gif

still fresh in the minds of almost all filipino basketball afficionados. philippines up by 2 with racela on the line for 2 FTs...mintis pareho...at the end of the game 1 up ang korea. very close but.........

I agree with retaining Toroman. I've watched Gilas play against the then Powerade team and other PBA teams (Welcoat ata yon) and they play a different or alien brand of basketball that features a lot of passing and less individual skills as compared to that of PBA's copycat of the NBA brand of game. Yet it does work with the 4th place finish, ang problem pa din kasi nya is player continuity since Slaughter and Aldrech Ramos (the young bigs) are currently playing at UAAP. The PBA additions (except Asi) arrived very late na and the likes of Cris Tiu, Jayvee Casio, Marc Barroca, Mac Baracael and Japeth Aguilar lang ata ang consistent na nakakapaglaro sa team. I think retaining Chot or Tim Cone or Jawo won't do the trick for Gilas to dominate Asia and return to the olympics since iba ang situation noon sa ngayon with the improvement of our Asian neighbors habang nag-stagnate naman ang brand of play natin. My two cents worth cool.gif

Nag improve yung mga kalaban natin all because of their all year round na magkakasama. Tama ka, dapat talaga yung mga players na kukuhanin ng Gilas shall remain with Gilas for, say, around two or three years. Para sa akin lang, ang nagpabagsak sa ating basketball dito sa Pinas, with regards to international competition, ay yung PBA. Nuon kasi, nuong kapanahunan ko, sa MICAA, same ang rules nila vis-a-vis international plays. So, alam ng mga players ang istilo ng kalaban. And......mas concentrated kami nuon sa long shots, duong ang practice, sa long shots. All superstars (maski bangko and that includes Ricky Palou of San Miguel na bihirang bihirang ipasok) ang gagaling sa long shots. Pumasok ang China nuong may PBA na. Dont know if the likes of Papa, Florencio, Mariano, Botchok delos Santos will beat the lights out of China BUT sa tingin ko may laban kasi nga sa ACCURACY ng outside shooting nuon. Duon natataranta ang Korea, Japan at Nationalist China. Duon sila natitibag.

We dont need megastars in the lineup....

We need players that will adapt into the system.

KUDOS to ALAPAG, ASI, KELLY W and RANIDEL... They sacrificed personal stats just to plug into the GILAS System, hirap kaya nung from being counted on for scoring tas biglang defer to play tough nose defense...

yung mga nag-backout, altho they have their reasons im still disappointed dahil para sa pinas ito eh... kung sila JORDAN, BIRD, MAGIC, LEBRON, MELO, KOBE played for UNCLE SAM regardless of fatigue and intrigue, sana tyo din.

An all star squad doesn't work in international games. Mas lamang ang team effort dito rather than individual plays. Zone defense kasi ang ginagamit and not the typical one-on-one which we are used to PBA.

The plan of the PBA to lend its players for international competitions as long as it does not disrupt in the schedule of PBA is futile. We've been doing that ever since and yet walang nangyayari. We need a cohesive unit, a team that should be formed right now and will play together as one team starting today until FIBA 2013.

If our main goal is to win at FIBA 2013, then let this team play in the PBA to match up with the other teams with imports until 2013. Adjustments will be made along the way with the team's roster but the core should be intact. Also, can we suggest that the PBA adopts the FIBA rules? Para makapag-adjust lahat sa international style of playing. If we want to win, then we should all be unified to this.

RETAIN TOROMAN, Huwag magpapakinig kay Yeng Guiao! Diyos ko naman, sa PBA ni hindi maialsa yung team niya, eh. Sour graping lang yang government absentee na yan. Dapat nga hindi na kinukuha ng Rain or Shine or any other team sa PBA yan, walang moral.

Correct. Kalbong Yeng Guiao is now a useless piece of relic that must be put in the museum. Retain Toroman!