Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Guest eljuego

Mukang nawala yung fair-weathered fan nung natalo sa Sokor. laugh.gif Great game by Asi against the Koreans. It was a valiant stand even though SG was undermanned. May FIBA-Asia naman next year and this will give them enough time to jell with each other. Hopefully, hindi na sila undermanned come the FIBA-Asia.

Edited by eljuego
  • Downvote 5

Mukang nawala yung fair-weathered fan nung natalo sa Sokor. laugh.gif Great game by Asi against the Koreans. It was a valiant stand even though SG was undermanned. May FIBA-Asia naman next year and this will give them enough time to jell with each other. Hopefully, hindi na sila undermanned come the FIBA-Asia.

Matanong ko lang sir Eljuego, kung concern mo mag jell ang team na ito, bakit pinaboran mo ang pagsali sa last minute pa ng 3 PBA players samantalang alam natin makakasira ito sa chemistry o di kaya masasabing di sila nakapag-jell agad sa team. It was pointed out nun issue din about the non inclusion of James Yap na pinanghinayangan mo diba.

Why can't some people accept reality? Lahat tayo Pilipino, sino ba ayaw manalo ang Gilas. Let's be a good sport, aminin natin kung nasaan na ang kapasidad natin ngayon sa larangan ng basketball.

Unfortunately some people tends to be irrationally sentimental about the team and project as if anything is within reach pero pag natalo sandamukal na excuses. May kakilala akong ganyan na dating die hard supporter ng Powerade pero Gilas na kasi hindi niya inaasahan na hindi magkakatotoo un gusto niyang mangyari na Powerade - All Pro pa rin ang magrepresent sa Pinas. Am sure follower of this thread knows who the person is. Kilala mo ba siya?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Downvote 1
Guest eljuego

Fair-weather fan alert. Hindi lang man nagbigay ng words of consolation sa SG pero pag nananalo, cheer ng cheer. laugh.gif

Anyway, sagutin mo muna yung tinatanong ko sayo sa isang thread bago ka magpost dito.

Fair-weathered fans nga naman.............laugh.gif

Edited by eljuego
  • Downvote 3
Guest eljuego

dreams of a podium finish has ended...a valiant stand by SG though. maybe with douthit around next time, we'll have a different result.

Sayang at wala si Douthit. Hopefully, next time Douthit and Aguilar will be available.

• Downvote 3

sayang. better luck next time. at sana sa next time na yun injury free na ang mga players at approved na ang naturalization candidate ng gilas.

i still believe.

go team pilipinas!

Douthit's naturalization papers released shortly before the team left for China, not sure, but I think na-issua-han na din sya ng passport as well.

Kaya lang nde nakasali siya (i believe) is nde sya napalista sa original list na submit ng SBP to the organizers.

smart gilas can still improve until the fiba asia which is much important than asian games. the boys did all their best and we have to give them credits. good job team. im still proud of smart gilas. and im still optimistic we can regain our lost glory. tigilan na lang ung pulitka sa sports at magkasundo lahat ng stakeholders and lets all get into business.

Guest eljuego

smart gilas can still improve until the fiba asia which is much important than asian games. the boys did all their best and we have to give them credits. good job team. im still proud of smart gilas. and im still optimistic we can regain our lost glory. tigilan na lang ung pulitka sa sports at magkasundo lahat ng stakeholders and lets all get into business.

Yup the FIBA-Asia is much more important since it's the Olympic qualifier.

• Downvote 3

Douthit's naturalization papers released shortly before the team left for China, not sure, but I think na-issua-han na din sya ng passport as well.

Kaya lang nde nakasali siya (i believe) is nde sya napalista sa original list na submit ng SBP to the organizers.

I believe while COngress has pass the bill to naturalize Marcus, this have not been signed by the President since he does not want his first bill to be the naturalization of a basketball player.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Downvote 1
Guest eljuego

I believe while COngress has pass the bill to naturalize Marcus, this have not been signed by the President since he does not want his first bill to be the naturalization of a basketball player.

Is this another speculative post of yours that Aquino doesn't want his first bill to be the naturalization of a basketball player or do you have an article to back-up this post? laugh.gif

• Downvote 3

Is this another speculative post of yours that Aquino doesn't want his first bill to be the naturalization of a basketball player or do you have an article to back-up this post? laugh.gif

^^^Another nuisance post ...I don't know if one is just too ignorant of the current events.

:P

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=620813&publicationSubCategoryId=69

:lol:

Ok. At least now, you're backing up your post with an article however you couldn't defend your Hollinger article.

:lol:

Yeah right ...galing mong kumambiyo :lol:

I do really back-up all my post. Am not the type of person who just speculate or argues via "what ifs" then gives a lot of consolation (alibi) afterwards. back reading all your post in this thread just makes me laugh as we've seen the result (not because Gilas lost but in the end it was proven all your insinuations are all wrong). Tigas ng ulo mo kasi, pinagpipilitan mo lagi tama ang analysis/opinion mo. Remember when you said our guards can match-up well with the rest of asia because maganda ang shooting nila and speed advantage? I said then maliit ang mga guards natin at mahihirapan yan maka score pag malalaki at kasingbilis na nila ang bumantay sa kanila. Isn't it what Tiu said regarding the game against S. Korea? Nahirapan silang umiskor sa labas so they went to Asi inside.

So before you put color again to my post, as I said ang Pinoy kakampi sa Pinoy matalo't manalo. Pero hindi masama magsabi ng katotohanan kahit na hindi pabor ito sa team mo. Hindi po masama ang constructive critisisms kasi you just want to point out where the weakness are and actually hoping for an improvement. Ang sa punto mo naman, blinded ka sa lahat ng nega mapakita mo lang maka-Gilas ka. I could just shake my head in disbelief when you're calling out a fair weather gilas fan out. Wag na tayo maglokohan ... alam naman natin kung sino-sino tayo talaga. Alam din natin na kung sino ang pabor sa Powerade at sino ang pabor sa Gilas magmula pa sa simula. Iyon isa kasi nagsabi na mas malakas ang players ng Powerade kaya kontra Gilas at un naman isa pabor sa Gilas kahit matalo pa ito kasi ito ang nararapat programa. Sa huli sino ba ang bumalimbing at all praises sa Gilas?

BTW, why should I defend Hollinger,am I his keeper? As to what he wrote, I guess it does not take a lot of common sense to understand how he came up with the rankings. In fact the guy did lay down his premises. It is really a matter of NOT WANTING to open up your mind to understand what he already said there because it counters your preference. Otherwise, you'll be the first to quote him. As I said there, napakahabang usapan na ang nangyari tungkol diyan, why can't you get over it?

Edited by peithe
  • Like (+1) 2

ahem....

the asian games is important to national prestige not just basketball but for the national sports program.

i agree that one should not take its eyes from the goal (Olympic qualifier in 2012)

however, if this is a project....the Asian Games would be THE major milestone prior to 2012, which unfortunately they valiantly failed

At this stage of their development, they still fall short of expectation.

For note, I don't believe that Douthit's inclusion to the team would have made changed the outcome significantly.

Yes, we'd probably get a couple more points from inside play but I Taulava and Slaughter held their own quite well.

With Douthit probably we'd somehow figure to 4th place but still, that is just one notch higher than where SG will probably end with.

but I think the huge let down was the inability of the guards to take over the game, Chris Lutz, in particular. The main reason why he was included was for his outside shooting and I'm sorry, since Las Vegas last year, parang naiwan yata sa desyerto ang husay nya.

Isa pang malaking letdown is Japeth Aguilar. Tell me, who lets himself get injured right before the biggest games to date?

At the very least, next Asian games, we won't have to deal with an extra game in the classification phase.

I think notes for SG to improve on:

• Keep the core of the team intact. Critical as I may be on the guards but I think we will win and lose on how they can keep the team together
  • Kelly Williams should stay on board. Bitiwan na siya ng TNT, but as soon as this conference ends, KW should practice and play full time with SG na parang si Aguilar
  • Mag-stay at mag-practice sila sa Serbia ng matagal
  • Check Japeth Aguilar's attitude

^^^Another nuisance post ...I don't know if one is just too ignorant of the current events.

:P

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=620813&publicationSubCategoryId=69

ummm, speculative pa din. maybe not yours but Zubiri's :D

I agree with your observation Amante. Our team would probably live and die with the guards and the SFs. I have the same thinking from the start. Not to say these group of young gun are not good, they are. But if they are the best that we can assemble and send to tournaments, then we got to live by it and find ways to compete despite whatever handicaps.

Speculative pa rin ba pards? hehehe ... oks lang un. Just shows I don't speculate as others accuse me of. Seriously, I think may basis naman siguro. Alam naman natin na suportado ng both House ang panukalang ito. Minadali nga nila ito. Had Malacanang certify it as urgent, lulusot agad ito and it will now fall on the hands of the president. Kung tututulan niya siya naman ang magmumukang masama. If he will not act on it, then in 30 days it automatically becomes a law.

BTW also read it from ABS-CBN site un same news and it was indicated there that according to Zubiri from an unimpeacheable source niya daw galing un. So maybe, hindi rin siya nagspeculate. But that's his battle.

• Like (+1) 2
Guest eljuego

Great win by SG over Nokor. Slaughter had a good game with 18 points. Natalo lang ang SG sa Sokor, kung ano-ano na pinagpopost. Pati yung Powerade na wala na dinamay pa. Mga fair-weathered fans talaga. Tsk tsk. laugh.gif

Edited by eljuego
  • Downvote 2

It is definitely a big blow but just like Toroman, I believe we could get a medal.

Not sure if Haddadi will play but if he doesn't, SG has a big chance of beating Iran. Haddadi ga ve Yi fits in the FIBA-Asia finals last time.

Mark of a real genius. Quite a good batting average for a very opinionated guy. A perfect 2 of 2 forecast. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1