• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Guest hastati

If we were grouped with South Korea in 1990, would we have won silver? :lol:

Most probably we would have still gotten the silver. Nandyan kasi si Caidic eh! :lol: Sabi nga ng isang kababayan natin na kung meron lang sana kasinggaling ni Caidic sa mga succeeding national teams ay dati pa tayo champion sa Asiad or FIBA. :lol:

Edited by hastati

Bakit? Si Caidic lang ba ang player ng national team na magaling? The reason we won second place in the 1990 Asiad was coz of the coaching of Jawo. Our tallest player was only 6'5, si Realubit yet we managed to win a silver. Nung Centennial team, we only managed a bronze inspite of a 6'9 Aquino and a 7'0 Feihl with Caidic. Nung 1994, nandun si Caidic sa national team to the Asiad, bakit hindi tayo nanalo ng medal? Fans of Caidic will think of this statement as sacrilege but I'll say that mas madaling bantayan si Caidic kaysa kina Caguioa and Miller. You're glorifying Caidic too much.

kaya siguro di na nanalo nun 1994 kasi wala na si EJ :lol:

Guest hastati

^Corny :lol: As I'm typing this, yung alternick mo na si liar ay nagsusulat din. Make up your mind sino ang gusto mong gamitin na nick. lakerbandwagoner na lang kasi bagay na bagay sayo. :lol:

Edited by hastati

The fact is we now have the height to match-up with tall teams. As I said in my previous post, SG's shooters can be freed up by picks or didn't you even think about it? But if you didn't, I wouldn't be surprised. If leading Iran to the Olympics doesn't speak volumes as to the genius of Toroman, then I don't know what will. Take note, in terms of talent, SG is better than Iran.

Can't you even follow your own post?

You're talking about SG's shooters which could be freed up by picks. I gave Caidic as an example as one of the best ever shooters we had. Now, why argue whether Caidic is really the best or not. Also, why ennumerate a bunch of PBA players as better shooters than the triggerman. All is needed to prove your contention is to name a current SG player that is a better shooter than CAIDIC. Obviously you did not and can't name one.

Incidentally, the Gilas team lost to Lebanon and this is what Coach Rajo has to say:

We knew we’re weak on the No. 4 and No. 5 positions. It’s very difficult to get the rebounds with a small size. We’ll solve this in getting a PBA player (Williams) who’s a good, quick rebounding forward,” Toroman told the international media.

That was really a great eyepopping opener to someone that claims "THE FACT IS WE NOW HAVE THE HEIGHT TO MATCH UP WITH TALL TEAMS":lol: I guess Williams is not yet in the line-up NOW right? :P

With the loss to Lebanon we end up 4th in the Jones Cup wherein we lost also to Iran and Japan. All these teams are also preparing for the Asaid just like team RP. I guess if you expect this Gilas team to peak in a few months time so would be the case for the other teams. What then would be the difference???

Guest hastati

Can't you even follow your own post?

You're talking about SG's shooters which could be freed up by picks. I gave Caidic as an example as one of the best ever shooters we had. Now, why argue whether Caidic is really the best or not. Also, why ennumerate a bunch of PBA players as better shooters than the triggerman. All is needed to prove your contention is to name a current SG player that is a better shooter than CAIDIC. Obviously you did not and can't name one.- Si dencio yung katunggali ko sa topic na to at hindi ikaw. Pumapapel ka na naman aso. Bulag ka ba? I already said Barroca and Casio are good shooters. You can add Baracael and Tiu to the list. Bopols! :lol:

Incidentally, the Gilas team lost to Lebanon and this is what Coach Rajo has to say:

We knew we’re weak on the No. 4 and No. 5 positions. It’s very difficult to get the rebounds with a small size. We’ll solve this in getting a PBA player (Williams) who’s a good, quick rebounding forward,” Toroman told the international media.

That was really a great eyepopping opener to someone that claims "THE FACT IS WE NOW HAVE THE HEIGHT TO MATCH UP WITH TALL TEAMS":lol: I guess Williams is not yet in the line-up NOW right? :P-He's not. Ano bang height ni Douthit, Slaughter at Aguilar? Bopols! By the way, hindi mo naman nasagot mga tanong ko. Obviously barado ka na naman bopols. :lol:

With the loss to Lebanon we end up 4th in the Jones Cup wherein we lost also to Iran and Japan. All these teams are also preparing for the Asaid just like team RP. I guess if you expect this Gilas team to peak in a few months time so would be the case for the other teams. What then would be the difference???-Warm-up tournament lang to celts. Obviously, Toroman is still in the "feeling-out" stage as to who will best be included in the Asiad. Hindi mo nasagot mga tanong ko. What happened? Tongue-tied again or hindi ka makasagot coz you have a pea for brains? :lol:

Hastati It seems that you have the following opinions:

1. CAIDIC = the likes of "Barroca and Casio are good shooters. You can add Baracael and Tiu" :lol:

2. WE NOW HAVE THE HEIGHT TO MATCH UP WITH TALL TEAMS =Douthit, Slaughter at Aguilar

Comments:

1. What these guys have achieved so far in their careers is quite far compared to the feats of CAIDIC. Ang layong ipaghambing na un ginagawa ni Caidic sa international competitions dati e magagawa consistently ng mga ito. San nga pala ang height ng mga shooters na ito? Sa pagkakaalam ko 6'2 si triggerman na mukhang si Baracael lang ang kayang tumingin sa kanya ng eye level pag parehong nakatayo.

2. As I said again and again, it not a matter of matching a 7 footer against one. You must also compare the talent of these guys to thier opponent. Kaya nga sinabi ni TOROMAN na mahina pa tayo sa 4 & 5 kahit na naglalakihan na ang mga ito. E sana kung simpleng pantayan lang ng tangkad dapat sinama na nila si Marlou ulit na 6'9". Sa pagkakaalam ko paso na kontrata niyan sa Sta Lucia. Tapos si EJ na 7 flat din na wala namang team na pinaglalaruan kasama si Balingit. Baka sakaling sabihin mo na now we don't only have the height to match up with TALL TEAMS, in fact we have the advantage!

Guest hastati

Hastati It seems that you have the following opinions:

1. CAIDIC = the likes of "Barroca and Casio are good shooters. You can add Baracael and Tiu" :lol:

2. WE NOW HAVE THE HEIGHT TO MATCH UP WITH TALL TEAMS =Douthit, Slaughter at Aguilar

Comments:

1. What these guys have achieved so far in their careers is quite far compared to the feats of CAIDIC. Ang layong ipaghambing na un ginagawa ni Caidic sa international competitions dati e magagawa consistently ng mga ito. San nga pala ang height ng mga shooters na ito? Sa pagkakaalam ko 6'2 si triggerman na mukhang si Baracael lang ang kayang tumingin sa kanya ng eye level pag parehong nakatayo.-So malaki na pala para sayo yung 2-inch difference?

2. As I said again and again, it not a matter of matching a 7 footer against one. You must also compare the talent of these guys to thier opponent. Kaya nga sinabi ni TOROMAN na mahina pa tayo sa 4 & 5 kahit na naglalakihan na ang mga ito. E sana kung simpleng pantayan lang ng tangkad dapat sinama na nila si Marlou ulit na 6'9". Sa pagkakaalam ko paso na kontrata niyan sa Sta Lucia. Tapos si EJ na 7 flat din na wala namang team na pinaglalaruan kasama si Balingit. Baka sakaling sabihin mo na now we don't only have the height to match up with TALL TEAMS, in fact we have the advantage!-Bopols! :lol: Why would you even mention Marlou Aquino when that guy is washed up. I've seen Slaughter play and I liked what I saw. Just a little polishing on his low-post moves. Aguilar should bulk up. He's quick for 6'9 and could give other small forwards problems if Toroman uses a tall line-up of Slaughter, Douthit and Aguilar.

@Hastati

Seems like you're missing the point ...

The issue I believe with Caidic vs the bunch of names you mentioned is whether these so called shooters of Gilas are as good as a Caidic.

As far as your Gilas Big Men is concerned, Toroman says it all "WE'RE STILL WEAK in the 4/5 POSITION". I'd rather believe what an insider is saying as he's the one who really monitors the development of these bigs. The Asiad is 4 months away. Don't expect drastic improvement in these guys.

When NCC last won an international title for the Philippines, the team clealy was already sharp months before the tournament evidenced by winning a PBA title and the Jones Cup. The Gilas did not win the club championship it previously joined and also placed 4th in the just concluded Jones Cup clearly there is much catching up to do and time is not on our side to wait for the full potential of these players. As such most likely not in this Asiad.

Guest hastati

@Hastati

Seems like you're missing the point ...

The issue I believe with Caidic vs the bunch of names you mentioned is whether these so called shooters of Gilas are as good as a Caidic.-The guys from SG are good shooters. They haven't been playing basketball as long as Caidic but they are good shooters which is why Toroman chose them.

As far as your Gilas Big Men is concerned, Toroman says it all "WE'RE STILL WEAK in the 4/5 POSITION". I'd rather believe what an insider is saying as he's the one who really monitors the development of these bigs. The Asiad is 4 months away. Don't expect drastic improvement in these guys.-You don't expect drastic improvements but I know that Toroman will whip SG into shape come Asiad time. The coach has vast international basketball knowledge. If his work with Iran doesn't speak volumes, I don't know what will. Continue doubting bandwagoner.

When NCC last won an international title for the Philippines, the team clealy was already sharp months before the tournament evidenced by winning a PBA title and the Jones Cup. The Gilas did not win the club championship it previously joined and also placed 4th in the just concluded Jones Cup clearly there is much catching up to do and time is not on our side to wait for the full potential of these players. As such most likely not in this Asiad.-Everybody is entitled to his opinion. That's your opinion. I won't argue with you on that.

Just wondering Hastati why you're blindly optimistic on Gilas now when before you said they don't even have a chance and insist on Powerade?

As for me, I do support this team from the start. Let me again remind you let you forget whom you had a exchange of opinion as whom to send to the Asiad then ... I said Gilas you said Powerade. I am not doubting,just being realistic in my assessment on this team.

Yes Gilas has good shooters, but are they as good a Caidic? Don't think so. Yes Coach Rajo can get these guys into shape come Asiad I don't doubt that. But the coach can only do so much. In the end the players go to battle. If they are not at par talent-skill-wise (when in fact Coach Rajo already said so in terms of our Bigs) no way we'd win even if Coach K will be coaching this team in the Asiad.

Bottom line is, no matter what happens, Pinoys should never stop believing in our National Team that they can bring home the gold in the Asiad, win the Asian championships and finally make it to the Olympics. We may not achieve it sooner but at least our leaders are doing something about it, and I think we're headed in the right direction as far as developing our young talents (with just a few exceptions though).

Bottom line is, no matter what happens, Pinoys should never stop believing in our National Team that they can bring home the gold in the Asiad, win the Asian championships and finally make it to the Olympics. We may not achieve it sooner but at least our leaders are doing something about it, and I think we're headed in the right direction as far as developing our young talents (with just a few exceptions though).

I agree ... never stop believing! It may not be in this Asiad but one day we can again bring home the bacon.

Being Patriotic does not mean we continue to blindly say that such (unrealistic) goals are achievable despite to facts pointing otherwise. It's a matter of supporting this team and keeping our heads up high despite a last place finish so long as we all know that this team did its best.

GO GILAS!!!

Very well said!!!

It's a work/project in progress...Sana lang may sustainability at relentless ang collective efforts ng stakeholders with great public support