Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

hmm parang dami pa ring galit sa DLSU ha? :lol: may mga personal issues ba kayo sa DLSU (the school) at apektado ang buhay nyo? :lol:

Jeers from REAL Ateneans are a given...no issue there, its part & parcel of the rivalry

But....Geez i expected better from em peeps belonging to the so-called "better schools" ...what you get are: sweeping generalizations, subjective biased opinions or school bashing just to send a message across..ramping up post count? hehe...

sige na nga..magagaling na eskwela nyo hahahahaha...

Edited by orionpax

Pansin ko rin nga na di paborito ang lasal ng ibang uaap schools. Partly to blame is their coaching staff who teach their wards to disrespect their opponents. I hate to bring this up, but lasal has a history of behaving ungentlemanly when winning and behaves even worse when losing. The snubbing of the second place trophy this season adds to that long list of "misbehaving." Most lasalians i know do accept defeat graciously. It's a shame that the basketball team itself does not.

sorry bud, I aint from the two schools. I AM VERY HAPPY THAT ATENEO WON, and EXCEEEDINGLY HAPPY that ATENEO WON at the expense of a university where basketball (not studies) come first. hence, basketball univ

and their deserter (RP Youth) coach pulled another one by not accepting their trophy. what do you expect from a DESERTER ?

actually, I was expecting better from coach franz. ang tagal na nya sa basketball. kung kailan pa siya tumanda, naging strange ang idea niya ng sportsmanship and sadly it may have rubbed off on the team na medyo naging barok na rin ang manners sa court. lowers the quality of the league and not good for the youth who look up to these players of their respective schools as role models. so much for having role models for the young la sallites. pag talo look for someone to blame kasi dapat panalo ka. what kind of attitude is that? GEEZ!!!!!!!!

on another note, I heard that Rabeh was being recruited by la salle but it was the fault of franz why he ended up in ateneo. anyone know the real story? Rebeh's half brother was from la salle, Carlo Sharma and that guy was a really good player. So why did Rabeh go to ADMU? bakit hindi na convince ni Franz sumunod kay kuya carlo sa la salle?

hmm parang dami pa ring galit sa DLSU ha? :lol: may mga personal issues ba kayo sa DLSU (the school) at apektado ang buhay nyo? :lol:

Jeers from REAL Ateneans are a given...no issue there, its part & parcel of the rivalry

But....Geez i expected better from em peeps belonging to the so-called "better schools" ...what you get are: sweeping generalizations, subjective biased opinions or school bashing just to send a message across..ramping up post count? hehe...

sige na nga..magagaling na eskwela nyo hahahahaha...

tol, hindi naman sa "sweeping generalizations" pero totoo naman talaga na madaming maangas at epal na La Salle players dekada 90s pa lang. bilang lang ang mga mapakumbaba sa La Salle tulad ni Limpot, Espinosa, si Cardel medyo ok na din. pero nung si Virgil Villavicencio nag coach ng school niyo nagsama ata mga kampon ng kaangasan sa La Salle kaya sinumpa ng talo sa UST (4 na taon) at FEU (1-1997). si Franz ndi naman masyadong maangas pero parang tinu-tolerate niya yung angas ng mga players niya tulad ni Yeo tapos ngayon si Maierhofer. at least kumonti naman hindi tulad nung 90s. hindi naman po "school bashing" pero obserbasyon lang naman po kasi kita naman talaga eh. tapos nagkakataon yung mga una kong nakilala na La Salista sa trabaho puro maepal din masisisi mo ba kung ganun ang "sweeping generalization" ng iba? pero totoo naman hindi lahat. panigurado madaming kewl na mga La Salista dito sa MTC mga player lang naman napaguusapan dito di ba?

atsaka ser, hindi po ako "ramping post count" ah. kita mo naman medyo matagal na akong lurker dito pero ganyan lang posts ko hindi ko naman kelangan ng madaming post para masulit ko mtc. masarap atang mag lurk, di ba mga lurkers? hehehe shempre hindi sila sasagot lurker nga eh hehehe

atsaka ang hirap mapatawad yung ginawa ng La Salle na hindi nagpakita sa pagkuha ng second place trophy. sabi ko nga kahit isang board member man lang, bangko o kahit water boy ng la Salle kumuha dun pero wala din. sabi nga ng iba laro lang yan after the game magkakaibigan pa din tayo eh bakit napakasakit naman un tapos na laro hindi pa din tanggap ng players pagkatalo? tsk tsk tsk. siguro karma ito ke Franz kasi "iniwan" niya ang Youth team sa laban.

from onelasalle yahoogroups:

----- Original Message -----

To: LSGH_Manos@yahoogro ups.com

Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 12:19 AM

Subject: Re: [LSGH_Manos] Br Armin's Message to Fr Nebres

Dear La Sallians:

I sense another brewing controversy here about our Archers failure to receive the runner-up trophy. Just to set the record straight since I attended the dinner held at Hai Kang Restaurant in Wilson Street right after Game 2 of the Season 71 Finals, let me say that our Archers were in the dugout during the ceremony and no one from the UAAP bothered to call them out. Obviously, they could not hear their names being called out. So, before our La Sallian community gets divided once again due to mere speculation once again, our Archers led by Coach Franz were unaware that the ceremony was taking place and NO ONE BOTHERED TO GO TO THE DUGOUT AND CALL THEM OUT!!!

In the future, please withhold your opinions on matters based on hearsay or Jasmine Payo of the Inquirer's report (who is incidentally a Blue Eagle). If you support our school, our team and our coach, please get the facts from them first before you jump into any conclusions. We have enough La Sallians writing in the Philippine Star or other media to worry about shooting from the hips without La Sallians in this yahoogroup forming opinions without the benefit of the facts.

Personally, I wished that they snubbed the ceremony on purpose. But then again, I don't have the spiritual and emotional fortitude of our La Sallian Brothers, Coaches and Players. Even my Atenean friends were not happy with the results because it was clouded in controversy (using their own phrase). I will concede Game 1 to the Eagles, but we will never really know how Game 2 would turn out if the referees had not shown their obvious bias against our Green Archers with the phantom finger ejection of Mythical Five member Rico Maierhoffer.

On a positive note, the Eagles could not get their bonfire started because it rained heavily last night. And as another consuelo de bobo, at least we don't have to worry about tickets again until next year! On a negative note, we have one year of gloating ahead from our neighbors from Katipunan. GLOAT EAGLES!!! ONE BIG FARCE!!!

Bobby Cabral

If I might share an opinion about Mr. Cabral's letter...

He presents the facts about the "snub" and asks for unity within the LS community, yet gives a totally polarized opinion that they SHOULD have intentionally snubbed it and cries out against LS writers in media.

As for his last few sentences, they are not respectable, IMHO, but in context I guess should be expected from someone who wears his bias for colors on his sleeve. Same goes for anyone with the reverse color bias. Or with any kind of color bias for that matter. I hope never to have to work with such people.

Ang dami dito nag poser na lasale daw kunwari nag aaral tapus pupurrin ateneo para lang pamuka sa lasale na talu tlaga sila at khit mga nag aaral daw dun agree kasi para sa mga atenista mas masakit na itakwil ng sarili nilang nag aaral daw kunu dun.Pa animo animo lasale pa kayu para pahiyahin ang lasale. A true lasalites don't give a damn about Atenista and most will agree with me na gutsy move ang di nila pag sipot sa walang kwentang awarding para pamuka sa ateneo na la silang ma iinsulto sa harap ng camera at la nang lasale ang namamansin sa kanila sa stadium.

that would be true if most la sallian are also sore losers like you... its good there are also archers here who are "class acts" themselves... i think they deserve more to claim they are la sallians... they represent the school better than those immature and moron greenies who equate fear of facing the consequences of their action as bravery...

come on... only your team who was unable to face defeat cant accept that ateneo won... so who says napahiya ang ateneo sa di nyo pagsipot... everybody else gave the blue eagles their due respect for the effort they showed... even those sensible and classy la sallians...

Edited by wrencheart
Hey boss ku sa call center mas malala pa sa akin but he is one of the best in the country sa tech support. Di sa pag yayabang honestly I'm one of the top agents sa pinaka mahirap na account and tech support yan sa Libis. La sa galing sa pag english or grammar masusukat ang skill at san skul nanggaling bro

kaso hindi lang grammar and spelling skills mo problema eh... pati pilosopiya mo at takbo nang utak... pati reasoning mo at logic... pati comprehension mo at view of the world... madami na akong nakilalang la salista pero hindi sila ganyan... i therefore conclude na ikaw ang poser dito...

at least si denimhead, kahit me sarili syang baluktot na opinion eh marunong magpaliwanag ng punto nya... baluktot nga lang... at minsan eh me humor din (like sa reply nya kay hondacaptiva na aangat ekonomiya kung la salle ang nanalo)... :goatee:

Palitan na si coach Pumaren!!!

nah i don't think franz pumaren is to blame; under his domain DLSU still holds the most titles within the past decase. Thing is, he just didn't have the better team this year. DLSU had 3 superstar Players in JV Casio, Rico Maierhoffer and James Mangahas but Ateneo had 5 superstar players in Chris TIu, Rabbeh AL-Hussaini, Jai Reyes, Nonoy Baclao and Eric Salamat. Partida pa si Kurt Long and others. Even Freddie Webb admits it, "Ateneo isn't a strong team; it's a super strong team."

go big blue! :)

PS. But IT WAS bad form for DLSU for not showing up for the awarding.

^ At least somebody here admits that Pumaren has given DLSU the most titles in this decade.. Truly an Atenean worth talking to..

Maangas, mayabang, bobo.. Ano pa ang ibabato sa aming mga La Sallista? Bakit perpekto ba ang Ateneo or any school that you can think of.. Meron pang nagsasabi na hindi siya bilib dun sa last championship ng DLSU dahil magkapatid daw yung mga Pumaren.. That is a BS statement.. You wanna know what happened last year? Well Ateneo losing to NU on a game where DLSU's fate is on the line happened.. Then Ateneo losing to DLSU when it mattered most also happened? Ano yun magkapatid din si Black at si Pumaren.. Ahh, I get it, Black coached Franz in SMB before, maybe, pinagbigyan siya ni Black.. Galing mong mag-insinuate, bro.. And I know if you are reading this, you know who you are.. Atenista ka ba? Sa tingin ko hindi eh.. Hindi ganyan mag-isip ang isang Atenista..

As I've said, what Rico did was wrong, and I blame him for this tough loss.. At mali din si Pumaren na hayaan niya si Rico na mag-aangas sa court.. Dahil nga mainit na ang mata ng ref at strikto dapat mag-adjust ang team.. Mali ang DLSU sa series na ito plus the fact that Black's Ateneo team is really stronger..

But to make generalizing statements about La Sallistas is just plain wrong.. Eh ano ngayon kung mayabang si Rico.. Lahat kami mayabang? If I say that Enrico Villanueva is also mayabang, does that mean all Atenistas are.. IMO, nayayayabangan din ako ke Enrico, at kay Wesley.. Maangas sila nun, isang beses lang naman nanalo ng championship.. Eh si Ritualo, si Cortez at si Mac Mac, magyabang man sila nun, may karapatan sila dahil hindi lang isang beses sila nanalo ng championship.. Mali ang mayabang.. And humility is the mother of all virtues but players from other schools even from Ateneo are not perfect.. And some are even plain assholes..

I hate Rico, Cardona and especially Yeo.. I condemn their actions.. Even though La Sallista ako.. I give credit where credit is due.. Atenistas who are just full of pride and kaangasan in this thread should wake up.. You are winners this year but in this past decade how many times have you won the title.. 2? Ang dami ah.. Ilan bang beses na nanalo na ang DLSU? 1, 2 o 3? Si Ritualo pa lang naka-apat na eh.. Pumaren and his boys are winners.. Black just won one time.. And he is now all the way better than Franz? Sheesh! Ateneo should celebrate kasi nga bihira sila manalo.. Let them be.. Let some of them jeer us.. Make even sweeping statements.. Di ba kayo naaawa? Sa sobrang bihira nila manalo, hindi sila sanay! bwehehehe...

Masyado ding big-deal yung hindi pag-accept ng 2nd place throphy.. Kahit ako hindi ako lalabas dahil may kaunti nman akong pride na naitatago.. Kukunin ko yung trophy para lamang i-boo ng mga Atenista.. Puno ang Araneta ng mga Atenista sa start pa lang ng game.. What more after the game, di ba? It was a tough loss for Pumaren's squad, and accepting the 2nd place trophy accompanied by jeers and boos from the crowd would make any person's heart falter.. Is that cowardice? IMO, its not.. Its pride.. And I understand them..

I am still congratulating Ateneo.. I respect their championship.. Heck! I studied my Masterals in Ateneo, therefore, I believe in their system.. But to jeer and to push while we are down, is just plain un-Atenean.. Again, real Ateneans do not push while the opponent is down, they are "men for others.." They actually lift the spirits of their fallen enemy to fight another great battle in another time..

ANIMO!!!!

Edited by revi
Masyado ding big-deal yung hindi pag-accept ng 2nd place throphy.. Kahit ako hindi ako lalabas dahil may kaunti nman akong pride na naitatago.. Kukunin ko yung trophy para lamang i-boo ng mga Atenista.. Puno ang Araneta ng mga Atenista sa start pa lang ng game.. What more after the game, di ba? It was a tough loss for Pumaren's squad, and accepting the 2nd place trophy accompanied by jeers and boos from the crowd would make any person's heart falter.. Is that cowardice? IMO, its not.. Its pride.. And I understand them..

I am still congratulating Ateneo.. I respect their championship.. Heck! I studied my Masterals in Ateneo, therefore, I believe in their system.. But to jeer and to push while we are down, is just plain un-Atenean.. Again, real Ateneans do not push while the opponent is down, they are "men for others.." They actually lift the spirits of their fallen enemy to fight another great battle in another time..

ANIMO!!!!

Your post was okay kaso nga lang medyo na-contradict mo sarili mo when you said na Ateneans would boo DLSU if they received their trophies pero sa last paragraph sabi mo naman sabi mo real Ateneans do not push while their opponents are down. If you really believed this last statement then you wouldn't mention the possible scenario of Ateneans jeering your team just to rationalize why they (Green Archer team) didn't claim their awards.

Oh well, I'd say it was an anti-climactic end to a series that the Eagles would eventually win.

atsaka ang hirap mapatawad yung ginawa ng La Salle na hindi nagpakita sa pagkuha ng second place trophy. sabi ko nga kahit isang board member man lang, bangko o kahit water boy ng la Salle kumuha dun pero wala din. sabi nga ng iba laro lang yan after the game magkakaibigan pa din tayo eh bakit napakasakit naman un tapos na laro hindi pa din tanggap ng players pagkatalo? tsk tsk tsk. siguro karma ito ke Franz kasi "iniwan" niya ang Youth team sa laban.

mike lowrey, di ba sabi mo di ka naman atenista o lasalista? pero why are you making a big deal sa pag hindi pagtanggap ng lasalle sa 2nd place trophy? i guess even ateneo would have understood la salle's non-appearance and they did not make a big deal out of it . ako honestly, when i was watching the awarding ceremony after the game, i thought baka di nila alam or baka wala silang narinig, but i know naman common sense, after the championship game, they should know that there is an awarding ceremony. i watched from the news yesterday na nag text na yung la salle president congratulating the better team just to douse any unsportsmanlike accusations leveled against dlsu.

ano ba gusto niyo, mag official statement pa ang dlsu kung bakit hindi nila tinanggap yung 2nd troply? remember the pistons when they finally lost to the bulls on their way to their 1st ever title that year? i vaguely remember, ni hindi nga nakipagkamayan ang mga pistons after the game, i guess from so much disappointment. so you see, losing is tough. it happens. but even an NBA team is not exempt from doing this embarrassing act. human nature i guess. unsportsmanlike? bad example? so be it. anyway, hard to please anybody surrounding this issue what more to people not belonging to the 2 schools - ateneo and lasalle.

so can we move on na? panalo na ateneo. congrats again to ateneo. they are surely the better team this season.

Your post was okay kaso nga lang medyo na-contradict mo sarili mo when you said na Ateneans would boo DLSU if they received their trophies pero sa last paragraph sabi mo naman sabi mo real Ateneans do not push while their opponents are down. If you really believed this last statement then you wouldn't mention the possible scenario of Ateneans jeering your team just to rationalize why they (Green Archer team) didn't claim their awards.

Oh well, I'd say it was an anti-climactic end to a series that the Eagles would eventually win.

At the heat of the moment, jeers would be made by members of the winning school community.. That is expected.. Real Ateneans or not, jeers are expected.. boos are expected.. Even I would jeer your school if you had lost, because ganun ang tendency especially after Maierhoffer taunted your crowd.. Pang-aasar lang yun at naiintindihan ko din yun, bro.. Kaso kung dalawang araw na at sobrang dami pang naririnig na kesyo ganito at ganun.. That is plain wrong.. Am I trying to rationalize their actions of not accepting the trophy? I am and all I am saying is that I understand how they felt at that time..

But to push and jeer us after two days of your school winning the championship is uncalled for.. Yun ang hindi pagiging Atenista.. Hindi na pang-aasar yan eh.. That is what you call kicking the enemy while he lays flat on the floor.. We are not Baclao and Rico na pwedeng magkasuntukan sa court.. We are just students or ex-students from the two schools na wala actually kinalaman sa laro.. We cheer and eventually jeer, but after a day or two of continous jeering? Ay sus! Learn to accept defeat but the winner should also learn to stop being an assh*le while their opponent is down.. Iba yung heat of the moment sa Araneta sa ilang araw ng tapos ang laro.. Nakakasawa na kasi na makita yung mga posts sa UAAP thread at dito sa thread na ito about my school.. In all actuality, nakakasakit na ang iba sa inyo.. Kaya minsan hindi ko din masisisi yung ibang La Sallista dito na makapagsalita ng hindi maganda.. At actually, vise versa din naman.. Kaya nga noong nanalo ang La Salle last year, I did not say anything against Ateneo.. Kaso, nun pa man, marami ng nagsasabi na hindi okay ang pagkapanalo ng La Salle dahil nagpahinga ng matagal ang UE.. Mali daw system ng UAAP.. Kesyo-kesyo.. Sa totoo lang, ang school ko, kahit manalo o matalo masyadong madaming bumabatikos.. Its a fact that I and the other La Sallites here have to accept, ngunit may hangganan din siguro na tikumin ko ang aking bibig (o ang aking kamay sa pag-type) sa mga nababasa ko dito at sa ibang forums na nakikita ko.. May karapatan ako na ipagtanggol ang school community namin at wag hayaan na yurakan ang aming damdamin ng kung sino sino lamang..

These people's actions are pretty uncalled for much like that sourgraping letter that greenarrow posted above.. I also condemn that letter and I don't share the same sentiment even though we are both from La Salle..

Tama si wizard23, masyadong pinalalaki ang issue na sourgraping yung hindi pag-tanggap or hindi matanggap ang pagkatalo.. Put yourself in that position.. Manliliit ka sa mga boos ng crowd.. Sino tatanggap? Napakadaling sabihin na kaya ninyong tanggapin ang trophy for La Salle.. Kaso hindi kayo authorized eh.. I expect DLSU to accept that trophy if it they did not lose to a school rival.. Kasi hindi gaanong masakit, kaso kung hindi din nila tanggapin maiintindihan ko..

I remember when Ginebra lost to a rival team in the PBA.. Jaworski also did not get the award.. The crowd booed, and it took time before Ed Ducut and Advani came to get the trophy.. It was almost 5 minutes before they got the trophy.. You say na at least lumabas? haha.. Nagmatigas kasi ang PBA na hindi matutuloy ang awarding ng championship kung wala kukuha ng 2nd place trophy and eventually, Ginebra gave in para siguro matapos na.. At yung jeers ng crowd sa Ginebra noon walang binatbat sa pwedeng gawin ng mga Atenista.. Not because they are assholes, its because of the rivalry and especially the heat of the moment..

The rivalry of Ateneo and DLSU reaches the far-heavens.. Not to expect jeers and boos and what nots as you are accepting the kunswelo trophy is not at all an act of intelligence.. And in the first place, yung iba doon na nanunuod hindi naman Atenista eh.. Remember when Manny Pacquiao was at Ateneo's side during their first encounter this season.. haha.. Uulitin ko, I share my school's pride of not accepting the trophy, I don't share their sourgraping antics but I do not consider the non-acceptance of the kunswelo trophy an act of cowardice nor an act of bitterness.. And I stand by their decision..

And just to make it clear, I am not fighting immortal666.. I am just trying to raise a point.. Hindi naman siya kasama sa mga binabanggit ko na mga Atenista (pati na din yung mga haters that come from other schools) dito na walang ginawa kundi paratangan kami ng kung ano ano..

^ At least somebody here admits that Pumaren has given DLSU the most titles in this decade.. Truly an Atenean worth talking to..

Maangas, mayabang, bobo.. Ano pa ang ibabato sa aming mga La Sallista? Bakit perpekto ba ang Ateneo or any school that you can think of.. Meron pang nagsasabi na hindi siya bilib dun sa last championship ng DLSU dahil magkapatid daw yung mga Pumaren.. That is a BS statement.. You wanna know what happened last year? Well Ateneo losing to NU on a game where DLSU's fate is on the line happened.. Then Ateneo losing to DLSU when it mattered most also happened? Ano yun magkapatid din si Black at si Pumaren.. Ahh, I get it, Black coached Franz in SMB before, maybe, pinagbigyan siya ni Black.. Galing mong mag-insinuate, bro.. And I know if you are reading this, you know who you are.. Atenista ka ba? Sa tingin ko hindi eh.. Hindi ganyan mag-isip ang isang Atenista..

As I've said, what Rico did was wrong, and I blame him for this tough loss.. At mali din si Pumaren na hayaan niya si Rico na mag-aangas sa court.. Dahil nga mainit na ang mata ng ref at strikto dapat mag-adjust ang team.. Mali ang DLSU sa series na ito plus the fact that Black's Ateneo team is really stronger..

But to make generalizing statements about La Sallistas is just plain wrong.. Eh ano ngayon kung mayabang si Rico.. Lahat kami mayabang? If I say that Enrico Villanueva is also mayabang, does that mean all Atenistas are.. IMO, nayayayabangan din ako ke Enrico, at kay Wesley.. Maangas sila nun, isang beses lang naman nanalo ng championship.. Eh si Ritualo, si Cortez at si Mac Mac, magyabang man sila nun, may karapatan sila dahil hindi lang isang beses sila nanalo ng championship.. Mali ang mayabang.. And humility is the mother of all virtues but players from other schools even from Ateneo are not perfect.. And some are even plain assholes..

I hate Rico, Cardona and especially Yeo.. I condemn their actions.. Even though La Sallista ako.. I give credit where credit is due.. Atenistas who are just full of pride and kaangasan in this thread should wake up.. You are winners this year but in this past decade how many times have you won the title.. 2? Ang dami ah.. Ilan bang beses na nanalo na ang DLSU? 1, 2 o 3? Si Ritualo pa lang naka-apat na eh.. Pumaren and his boys are winners.. Black just won one time.. And he is now all the way better than Franz? Sheesh! Ateneo should celebrate kasi nga bihira sila manalo.. Let them be.. Let some of them jeer us.. Make even sweeping statements.. Di ba kayo naaawa? Sa sobrang bihira nila manalo, hindi sila sanay! bwehehehe...

ANIMO!!!!

I agree with parts of your post bro... there are really some people who cannot diffirentiate basketball from real life... oo, sa court we hate each others teams, we hate each others schools, we hate each others guts (obviously, i'm from the blue side of things)... but after the game, life goes on... at the end of the day, i can sit with my lasallite friends and talk to them about the game or about anything... i admit na madalas, madaming alaskahan... "lasalista kasi e"... and they would say the same, but we don't take it personally... a lot has changed between the Ateneo-Lasalle rivalry... di tulad ng dati na talagang nagbabasagan ng windshield, or nagsusuntukan sa taft... ngayon iba na e... Ateneans and Lasallites have learned to coexist and live with each other...

I also agree that people should not generalize na porke mayabang ang mga player, the whole community damay na... in fact, madami akong kilala na d naman player pero mayabang din... at madami din akong kilala na player na di naman talaga mayabang... let's not make generalizations here... kahit saan, kahit anong eskwela, kahit ano ang ginagawa, madaming mayabang... so let's not pass judgement just because mayabang ang mga players...

What i don't agree with is your statement that "Kukunin ko yung trophy para lamang i-boo ng mga Atenista.." I do not think that we would have booed the players kung lumabas sila at kinuha ng trophy... like what i have said, the rivalry has changed a lot... true na during the start of the game, a lot of boos and jeers could be heard from both schools, but natural un e, paumpisa palang ang game e... but if you notice, laging may ganito in every Ateneo-Lasalle game... asaran sa umpisa, but at the end, when the buzzer SOUNDS, tapos na lahat un... when each school sings its alma mater song, applause can be heard from the other side of the colliseum..

I admit that I am guilty na nag-aasar din ako before every Ateneo Lasalle game, or nakikipag-asaran ako sa mga kaibigan kong lasalista dahil taga lasalle sila... but I know na laro lang 'to. This year, kami nanalo... Oo, masaya! We have bragging rights for 1 year... but come next season, panibagong usapan nanaman... Lasalle is a strong team, and I'm sure they'll be back...but next year is Ateneo's 150th yr, and we're the hosts of season 72 so im sure Lasalle will be in for ONE BIG FIGHT!

Mary for You!

For your White and Blue!

GO ATENEO!

from onelasalle yahoogroups:

----- Original Message -----

To: LSGH_Manos@yahoogro ups.com

Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 12:19 AM

Subject: Re: [LSGH_Manos] Br Armin's Message to Fr Nebres

Dear La Sallians:

I sense another brewing controversy here about our Archers failure to receive the runner-up trophy. Just to set the record straight since I attended the dinner held at Hai Kang Restaurant in Wilson Street right after Game 2 of the Season 71 Finals, let me say that our Archers were in the dugout during the ceremony and no one from the UAAP bothered to call them out. Obviously, they could not hear their names being called out. So, before our La Sallian community gets divided once again due to mere speculation once again, our Archers led by Coach Franz were unaware that the ceremony was taking place and NO ONE BOTHERED TO GO TO THE DUGOUT AND CALL THEM OUT!!!

In the future, please withhold your opinions on matters based on hearsay or Jasmine Payo of the Inquirer's report (who is incidentally a Blue Eagle). If you support our school, our team and our coach, please get the facts from them first before you jump into any conclusions. We have enough La Sallians writing in the Philippine Star or other media to worry about shooting from the hips without La Sallians in this yahoogroup forming opinions without the benefit of the facts.

Personally, I wished that they snubbed the ceremony on purpose. But then again, I don't have the spiritual and emotional fortitude of our La Sallian Brothers, Coaches and Players. Even my Atenean friends were not happy with the results because it was clouded in controversy (using their own phrase). I will concede Game 1 to the Eagles, but we will never really know how Game 2 would turn out if the referees had not shown their obvious bias against our Green Archers with the phantom finger ejection of Mythical Five member Rico Maierhoffer.

On a positive note, the Eagles could not get their bonfire started because it rained heavily last night. And as another consuelo de bobo, at least we don't have to worry about tickets again until next year! On a negative note, we have one year of gloating ahead from our neighbors from Katipunan. GLOAT EAGLES!!! ONE BIG FARCE!!!

Bobby Cabral

sinisisi ba ng la salle yung mga referee? mga pare ko, panoorin nyo ulit yung 2 games. game 1 pa lang strict na yung mga ref sa handcheck. panoorin nyo paano dumepensa ang ateneo. taas kamay lang. credit goes to franz pumaren for not being able to adjust his famous defense. tsk tsk tsk!

sana next year UP naman magchampion! hahaha! (i wish)